PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Viper

ViperRyan
02-03-2017, 11:10 AM
Hello All,

Just bought my first Viper this past August.

Already building a list of things I'd like to do and have done.

Where does everyone here in the IL/WI area take their Vipers for work to be done?

Thank you and looking forward to some events this summer!

steve911
02-03-2017, 11:51 AM
I would say 95% go to Roanoke Motors if you are looking for a dealer. For an Independent Collectors Choice (Viper Parts USA) just outside of Madison Wi.

Seeing there is no WI chapter of the VOA, we are part of the Illinois Club. GO to the website and see everything that is coming up. We are a hugely busy Chapter with lots of Racing, Cruises, and regular Monthly meetings and all things Viper!

Loud
02-03-2017, 11:56 AM
Great looking car. Welcome.

Check out http://www.illinoisvipers.com/ for details on activities. First step would be to sign up as a VOA member.

A

ViperRyan
02-03-2017, 11:58 AM
I would say 95% go to Roanoke Motors if you are looking for a dealer. For an Independent Collectors Choice (Viper Parts USA) just outside of Madison Wi.

Seeing there is no WI chapter of the VOA, we are part of the Illinois Club. GO to the website and see everything that is coming up. We are a hugely busy Chapter with lots of Racing, Cruises, and regular Monthly meetings and all things Viper!

So Roanoke Motors is just a dealer? Not looking for a dealer as much as a perf. shop that can work on the car, make modifications, and is trusted by other Viper owners.

I was poking around on your chapter, and looks like you guys do a lot of great things. Wish there was something closer, but will work to get down to some of those!

- - - Updated - - -

Great looking car. Welcome.

Check out http://www.illinoisvipers.com/ for details on activities. First step would be to sign up as a VOA member.

A

Yes, will be signing up shortly and checked out the page. Thank you!

Loud
02-03-2017, 02:24 PM
Flossmoor Auto in Flossmoor if you want non-Dealer work. Bill Sampognaro is the owner, ex-president of the IL club, and multiple viper owner. Best service you will get and completely trustworthy.

1ststrike
02-03-2017, 06:13 PM
Nice looking car! Welcome to the neighborhood!

quickster2
02-03-2017, 06:21 PM
[QUOTE=jrdaly99;275211]So Roanoke Motors is just a dealer? Not looking for a dealer as much as a perf. shop that can work on the car, make modifications, and is trusted by other Viper owners.

I was poking around on your chapter, and looks like you guys do a lot of great things. Wish there was something closer, but will work to get down to some of those!

- - - Updated - - -

Roanoke is not just a dealer. They are part of the big 3! Some may say there is now a big 4. You cannot go wrong with Roanoke or the other 2 or 3. John Gastman @ Roanoke.

ViperRyan
02-03-2017, 09:18 PM
[QUOTE=jrdaly99;275211]So Roanoke Motors is just a dealer? Not looking for a dealer as much as a perf. shop that can work on the car, make modifications, and is trusted by other Viper owners.

- - - Updated - - -

Roanoke is not just a dealer. They are part of the big 3! Some may say there is now a big 4. You cannot go wrong with Roanoke or the other 2 or 3. John Gastman @ Roanoke.

I'm not familiar with the Big 3. I'm located near Green Bay, WI in Appleton. More info would be greatly appreciated.

steve911
02-04-2017, 09:33 AM
The other two largest Friendly Viper Dealers are Woodhouse in Nebraska and Tomball in TX.

ViperRyan
02-06-2017, 10:42 AM
Flossmoor Auto in Flossmoor if you want non-Dealer work. Bill Sampognaro is the owner, ex-president of the IL club, and multiple viper owner. Best service you will get and completely trustworthy.

- - - Updated - - -

The other two largest Friendly Viper Dealers are Woodhouse in Nebraska and Tomball in TX.

Thank you for all the info. I would like to have perf work done to the car on top of the current mods. Looking to start with new gears out back and 1.7 rockers installed.

steve911
02-06-2017, 12:21 PM
[QUOTE=quickster2;275284]

Thank you for all the info. I would like to have perf work done to the car on top of the current mods. Looking to start with new gears out back and 1.7 rockers installed.

Your closest bet is Collectors Choice about 2 hours away from you.

ViperRyan
02-06-2017, 12:44 PM
[QUOTE=jrdaly99;275652]

Your closest bet is Collectors Choice about 2 hours away from you.

Thank you! haven't heard of them before. They'd be able to do this work with no issues, well known for Viper work?

SmoknTires
02-07-2017, 11:51 AM
The guys have given you the 3 best recommendations. Roanoke, Bill, and CC.

Roanoke has one of the best Viper techs on the planet, very well known. Humble guy, trustworthy, and detailed. They also do some common mods, you'd be surprised. Bill also does work on the Vipers and also great with mods (he's also a racer and understands what's needed in those cases). CC also a great resource for labor AND parts.

The IL region is pretty much the most active club there is in the union! They are hardcore and do great events. Folks drive from hours around to come to their activities. Join this group and you'll see how much it changes your ownership experience. They do a lot of cool things with the cars (and when it comes to mods, you'll see lots of them....).

Great group of people!

ViperRyan
02-07-2017, 12:11 PM
The guys have given you the 3 best recommendations. Roanoke, Bill, and CC.

Roanoke has one of the best Viper techs on the planet, very well known. Humble guy, trustworthy, and detailed. They also do some common mods, you'd be surprised. Bill also does work on the Vipers and also great with mods (he's also a racer and understands what's needed in those cases). CC also a great resource for labor AND parts.

The IL region is pretty much the most active club there is in the union! They are hardcore and do great events. Folks drive from hours around to come to their activities. Join this group and you'll see how much it changes your ownership experience. They do a lot of cool things with the cars (and when it comes to mods, you'll see lots of them....).

Great group of people!

You guys have been a great help already! I am looking forward to joining and staying up to speed on your groups events!

For the 3 recommended:

Roanoke is about 4 1/2 hours from me

Bill at Flossmoor Family Auto is about 3 1/2 hours away.

Collectors Choice is only about 2 hours.

For right now, looking for a shop to do really thorough walk through/inspection of my Viper. I had a SRT/Viper tech at a good local dodge dealer do an inspection after buying it. Looking to start with a gear swap in the year, and playing with the idea of 1.7's on my 2000 GTS. Actually spoke with Dan Cragin last night, and he answered a lot of my questions, he didn't think the 1.7 would be worth the hp gain on my 2000, but still, HP is HP right?

Appreciate always all the help/advise you all can offer!

chicagopd50
03-18-2017, 11:12 AM
If your in illinois close to chicago area.. i have a private mechanic that has done everything on my viper and he is very knowledgeable on these cars. He has done exaust for, cam swap, clutch swap rebuild transmission. U name he has come through. I also have recommended him to my viper friends and they also love him... if u want his info it's his shop on golf Rd and i294 the shop name is called brakes plus.. his name is albert.

Martyb
03-18-2017, 03:58 PM
If your in illinois close to chicago area.. i have a private mechanic that has done everything on my viper and he is very knowledgeable on these cars. He has done exaust for, cam swap, clutch swap rebuild transmission. U name he has come through. I also have recommended him to my viper friends and they also love him... if u want his info it's his shop on golf Rd and i294 the shop name is called brakes plus.. his name is albert.

Al did my cam in my 01 as well, awesome guy!

ViperRyan
03-20-2017, 08:32 AM

Al did my cam in my 01 as well, awesome guy!

Thanks for the info, I have family down that way. I'm up in WI. I actually think I'm going to have Cory Gehling do the work to my car. He's pretty close, and actually stopped by my house to hang out, talk cars, and check out my Viper when he was in the area. What an awesome guy!

Bill Pemberton
03-20-2017, 11:02 AM
Cory has been working on Vipers since the 90s, he will take good care of you, no worries.