PDA

View Full Version : Windshield decal

ViperJon
02-01-2017, 07:49 AM
Anyone know who makes this Dodge windshield decal?

http://i.imgur.com/SMY7Oa9.jpg

BlknBlu
02-01-2017, 08:10 AM
try Competition graphics if they are still in business. They made the sticker packages for the ACR-X cars

Bruce

AZTVR
02-01-2017, 08:56 AM
You would think that Dodge would provide it for free and pay you a fee for advertising their company with such a prominent logo.

RedTanRT/10
02-01-2017, 09:07 AM
Jon, you'll find items like that all over ebay, or use a google search

ViperJon
02-01-2017, 09:42 AM
Jon, you'll find items like that all over ebay, or use a google search

Yeah I've looked at them but I like that style, size and font. Some of them are kind of dinky. Thanks.

CarolinaViper
02-01-2017, 02:02 PM
Anyone know who makes this Dodge windshield decal?

http://i.imgur.com/SMY7Oa9.jpg

A comply that does vinyl wrap or vinyl advertising could more than likely make it

Sam Goldfarb
02-01-2017, 03:00 PM
A comply that does vinyl wrap or vinyl advertising could more than likely make it

I might know someone, hint hint! What are the dimensions of the decal?

ViperJon
02-01-2017, 04:26 PM

Your guess is as good as mine Sam. Actually a lot better. Can you take an educated guess by the photo?

AZTVR
02-01-2017, 05:24 PM
Your guess is as good as mine Sam. Actually a lot better. Can you take an educated guess by the photo?

I would think that your guess would be MUCH better, if you did some measurements on your car, and compared them to the photo. (Assuming that your car is painted the same as the one in the photo.) Measure the width of your red stripe, and then measure the width of the red stripe in the photo. Best to print it out to a fairly large size. Then measure the width of the letters in the photo, especially the 3 in the center. Simple math gives you the width of the decal letters. Height is harder since the letters are photographed at a significant angle. I would experiment by cutting some letters out of white paper and putting them on the windshield, standing back and comparing to the photo. Then measure the ones you made that look the same.

Sam Goldfarb
02-01-2017, 05:42 PM

I can measure my GEN II GTS and get a close width, but can't tell the height from the picture.

Sam Goldfarb
02-01-2017, 05:46 PM
I would think that your guess would be MUCH better, if you did some measurements on your car, and compared them to the photo. (Assuming that your car is painted the same as the one in the photo.) Measure the width of your red stripe, and then measure the width of the red stripe in the photo. Best to print it out to a fairly large size. Then measure the width of the letters in the photo, especially the 3 in the center. Simple math gives you the width of the decal letters. Height is harder since the letters are photographed at a significant angle. I would experiment by cutting some letters out of white paper and putting them on the windshield, standing back and comparing to the photo. Then measure the ones you made that look the same.

All good points but it's much easier to just measure the windshield width and tell me how wide and tall you want them. I can distort them to any dimension I want. The image shown has the letters pretty close to scale on a width height basis, but hard to tell for sure with the angle. Many windshields also tend to distort the letters as they conform to the curve of the window at the top. I have made many that I have an upward arch already in them so they appear straight when applied without having to maneuver the material too much or stretch it to fit.

Vprbite
02-01-2017, 06:13 PM

Sam's work is absolutely top notch! He's done a bunch of stuff for me. Some of it totally custom with his own designs. You won't regret it.

ViperJon
02-02-2017, 07:55 AM
I'm going to do some paper layout this weekend and get a better feel for size. Thanks everybody.

Mopar'er no car
02-02-2017, 11:58 AM
Sam's work is absolutely top notch! He's done a bunch of stuff for me. Some of it totally custom with his own designs. You won't regret it.

Yes. And normally most everything is spelled correct.

Sam Goldfarb
02-02-2017, 12:50 PM
Yes. And normally most everything is spelled correct.

There has been an occasional "issue" with so called "camera ready" artwork provided to me. And I once put some lettering on upside down, turning OHIO into OIHO. That banner made it across the country, being seen at various stops by many people, before anyone noticed and eventually sold for hundreds of dollars!

Mopar'er no car
02-03-2017, 10:47 AM
There has been an occasional "issue" with so called "camera ready" artwork provided to me. And I once put some lettering on upside down, turning OHIO into OIHO. That banner made it across the country, being seen at various stops by many people, before anyone noticed and eventually sold for hundreds of dollars!

So it was basically like a double headed/stamped quarter..:):)

OH I HATE OHIO STATE

RedTanRT/10
02-03-2017, 08:24 PM
Jon, sorry to hijack, I can't figure out how to sent this pic in a PM

Sam,

Here's what I mentioned in the PM. Like to get the one with the white background. Let me know, thanks!! Mike