PDA

View Full Version : What magazines do you have a subscription to?

Ohiotj
01-17-2014, 05:46 PM
I have a subscription to these mags.
1. Diesel Power
2. Viper magazine...
3. Mopar Muscle
4. Road and Track

Used to have Jp magazine for my jeep.

BlknBlu
01-17-2014, 05:55 PM
Racer, Autoweek, Mopar Muscle and Viper Quarterly

Bruce

KRATEDISEASE
01-17-2014, 06:40 PM
Hustler, over 40, Spicy Latinas, Motortrend and Car and Driver.

Anonymous
01-17-2014, 08:04 PM
No Juggs K man?

Sybil TF
01-17-2014, 08:14 PM
Flex, Muscle $ Fitness, Ironman.

KRATEDISEASE
01-17-2014, 08:20 PM
No Juggs K man?

nah, I am afraid of what my mail man would think of me if I ordered Juggs...BUT I do get JEGS !! ( auto parts discount cataloge)

Policy Limits
01-17-2014, 09:02 PM
Print died in 2010; what's a magazine?

VRYALT3R3D
01-17-2014, 09:23 PM
Racer
Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords
Top Gear Magazine

KRATEDISEASE
01-17-2014, 09:51 PM
Print died in 2010; what's a magazine?

It is where us cavemen scratch writings on a piece of tree and send a person who is afraid of dogs to deliver it to someone else.

What you do not realize is that........ the internet is just a fad.... it will fade away like gas powered cars !!

Policy Limits
01-18-2014, 06:53 AM
Fat chance. You're on this forum daily for example...admit it.

I used to like DuPont Registry; now I just follow them on FB and check out the inventory on their site; great resource

KRATEDISEASE
01-18-2014, 08:57 AM
I was being sarcastic about internet being a fad. Yes print is dead, BUT some of us like to have something to hold in the hand as an object.
Books have not gone away. The Library is still open, last I checked. Digital/electronic communication is non physical. I rather own a car and drive it vs watch a Youtube video about owning and driving a car. Life is the physical interaction with the physical world along with communication.The internet gives us the best communication but reduces our physical interaction with the physical world. Young kids apparently, according to statistics, are not driving and buying cars as much as previous generations because they can communicate on the internet. They no longer need to drive to each other to communicate and hang out. They can do that online. The one issue with the internet is that it reduces the connection to the physical world.
I do not collect pictures on my computer of the things that I like to own. I buy them so that I can put my hands on them and use them.
Magazines are cool because you can handle them.

Ohiotj
01-18-2014, 02:21 PM
I hold on to my magazines till they are falling off the toilet, the shelves, and off the sink. My wife was upset when I retired to be a full time dad. She never knew how much toilet paper I use everyday. Meanwhile my old boss said the opposite.
I love to read something in a magazine. Computers are too bulky.

Fatboy 18
01-18-2014, 03:01 PM
Don't currently subscribe to any magazines, but am looking forward to reading the new VOA membership magazine :)

I used to subscribe to Classic American, but now just pick one up every now and again :)
http://www.classic-american.com/Current-Issue/

Same with Race Car Engineering magazine (click on link for Viper feature)
http://www.racecar-engineering.com/articles/srt-viper-how-racing-improves-the-breed/

KickinAssphault
01-18-2014, 05:31 PM
Newsflash: Print is not dead. The face of print is changing, but it's certainly alive and well. Interestingly, print is the only medium that has stood the test of time throughout all era's, since the earliest writings. Print will continue to be the only medium to hold that distinction as time moves forward. ePrint is evolving, and is gaining a share in the market for sure; and yes, some magazines have declined or gone extinct. But most of those were on shaky ground already, and many had simply lost their way (Newsweek is a great example).

KRATEDISEASE
01-18-2014, 06:26 PM
I agree, and additionally nothing is better than a magazine in the bathroom when sitting on the throne.

I just could not see bringing in a tablet or laptop when I am one with nature.

As long as people are still crapping...... there will always be magazines.

Taylor
01-18-2014, 06:50 PM
Sportrider
Fast bikes
Motorcyclist
Cycle world
Playboy

Yea, I'm a bike guy trying to play with the car guys

viperr
01-19-2014, 06:58 PM
Automobile, Auto Week, Motor Trend, Hemmings Classic Cars, Hemmings Sports and Exotic Cars, Car and Driver, Collectible Automobiles and Playboy ( for the articles).