PDA

View Full Version : Let's give a warm VOA Welcome to SoCal Viper Club a New VOA region!

Viper Girl
01-17-2014, 04:34 PM
WELCOME TO MY FAVORITE CLUB!

NATIONAL CLUB AFFILIATION (http://socalviper.com/message-board/index.php?topic=1793.msg18005#msg18005)

« on: Today at 01:49:02 PM »

Quote (http://socalviper.com/message-board/index.php?action=post;quote=18005;topic=1793.0;las t_msg=18007)

As many of you know, the So Cal Board of Directors has been conducting due diligence over the past several months regarding our club's national affiliation. Every Board member dedicated tireless hours to collecting, discussing and evaluating piles of information on both national clubs in order to make their decision. Throughout this entire process, they stayed focused on the goal of keeping our region united. It was a long, intense process and I believe their decision will move us forward in a positive direction.

I would personally like to thank the entire Board for their invaluable input. I would also like to thank the So Cal club members for their patience during this uncertain process. We're all here for the love of our Vipers, and just want to have fun driving them with our fellow club members.

As President, I am pleased to announce the decision our Board of Directors has made.

Letter to So Cal Members:

To: All Members
Viper Club of Southern California
Subject: National Viper Club Affiliation and Membership Status

Hopefully all members of the Viper Club of Southern California have been following the process the Board of Directors has been executing to determine which national Viper club would best meet the needs of our members for 2014 and beyond. We have sent a number of emails and mailed a letter to our members. Additionally, we have posted updates regularly on the SoCal website. A number of members have provided feedback and guidance for us to incorporate into the decision making process. We hope you have had time to digest the information and made the effort to provide your thoughts to us.

It is with mixed feelings that we announce our decision to affiliate with the Viper Owners Association for 2014. This decision was made after investigation and discussions with both the VCA and VOA, discussion with club members and extensive discussion between the BoD members. We are excited about moving forward with a new club and new ideas. At the same time we are sad to end our 20 year relationship with the VCA.

We believe there are numerous advantages to affiliating with the VOA including:

• Best option for improved relationship with SRT/Chrysler
• Improved club organizational structure
• Increased transparency
• Improved long term management of Club operations
• Larger membership base

Conversely, we concluded that there are many concerns with continuing in a relationship with the VCA including:

• Damaged reputation and relationship with SRT/Chrysler
• Potential adverse consequences relating to financial and legal matters in the future (i.e. Raffle, VPA etc.)
• Repeated legal threats against the Viper Club of Southern California
• Continued leadership by VCA Officers and Board Members who had promised to resign
• Lack of transparency (i.e.; refusal to share financial data) creating concern over financial stability
• Delayed payment of monies due to regions for membership and/or events
• Inconsistent publication of the Viper Magazine
• Significant departure of Regions and Members to VOA

As we have mentioned previously, over the years the Viper Club has relied heavily on the relationship with Chrysler and Dodge. We went from working with marketing executives to having a direct working relationship with Senior Corporate executives like Ralph Gilles. These personal relationships were the direct basis for the Viper Club of America having a truly unique standing amongst car clubs in the WORLD. No other club benefitted from the direct relationship we enjoyed with our manufacturer.

Unfortunately, actions and communications strongly suggest that the goodwill that the VCA has built over the last 20 years has eroded to the point that certain corporate executives will no longer work with the VCA and the club has been relegated to working with Chrysler and on a “business to business” basis. This will not allow the VCA to continue to function in the same way that we have enjoyed during the past 20 years. Consequently, we believe that the VOA has the best opportunity to establish positive relationships with the Corporate executives and this is key to maximizing the Viper owner experience. We believe that the VOA is the national organization that can best accomplish this goal.

Maintaining the Viper Club of Southern California Intact

Throughout this evaluation process our priority has been to remain true to the premise upon which SoCal was founded; we wish to remain united as a Southern California Viper Owners Club no matter what. This allows us to continue to participate in local events and remain together as a group. We are currently one of the largest Clubs and, as such, we have a pretty loud voice. We hope that our members remain loyal to SoCal and agree that this decision is in the best interest of our members.

Throughout this process we have tried to remain objective and impartial. We invested substantial time and effort into the investigation and decision making process and we believe we have reached the best possible decision for our members. We hope that you will agree and now that the decision has been made and announced, we will continue with the process of establishing the relationship with the VOA and creating our “new” club. We know this is complicated but if you have questions please let us know so we can clarify the process.

Viper Club of Southern California Board of Directors

City
01-17-2014, 04:38 PM
Hell YES! Welcome aboard.

Very articulate statement. The same could be said for most of the regions that have joined.

Loud
01-17-2014, 04:43 PM
Sweet. Welcome!

HyperViper
01-17-2014, 04:52 PM
Yep, been waiting. Glad the time has finally come :dude3:

I see my asterisk is gone too Lol

BlknBlu
01-17-2014, 04:52 PM
Incredible, this is great news and a great car club we will become.

Welcome

Bruce

plumcrazy
01-17-2014, 04:58 PM
bout damn time :)

ViperTony
01-17-2014, 05:16 PM
Wow, just wow. Congratulations and welcome to your club!

BlknBlu
01-17-2014, 05:19 PM
So how many additional members will this bring in and have any signed up?

Bruce

V1PERMAN
01-17-2014, 05:46 PM
A very warm welcome from the South Florida Region. Glad your with us !

Newport Viper
01-17-2014, 05:48 PM
Hallelujah! ;)

99RT10
01-17-2014, 05:50 PM
Great to hear! Welcome aboard!!!

rw99
01-17-2014, 05:52 PM
Great news, really. Lance, you here?

JonB ~ PartsRack
01-17-2014, 06:38 PM
Uh-ohh, another bunch of hot-shoes that have several tracks, and club track events to use their HP. They even have a drivers sub-club called "SideWinders" ....... But I don't recall any wine-cheese tours on their sked over the years.

NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT !!

daytonprowler
01-17-2014, 06:39 PM
The membership counter is going to spin like crazy on Monday!

http://driveviper.com/

big-n-italian
01-17-2014, 06:44 PM
awesome news! welcome everyone!

Nixon's SRT
01-17-2014, 06:48 PM
Welcome!

KRATEDISEASE
01-17-2014, 06:50 PM
Welcome, and a big hug !!

Michael
01-17-2014, 06:58 PM
I'm so glad you all finally came over here. My floor mats came from your club, and I'm sure at some point, I will need to order replacements.
I was really sweating this. Now I can relax. (LOL)
Seriously, welcome to the VOA. !!!!!

daytonprowler
01-17-2014, 07:18 PM
Uh-ohh, another bunch of hot-shoes that have several tracks, and club track events to use their HP. They even have a drivers sub-club called "SideWinders" ....... But I don't recall any wine-cheese tours on their sked over the years.

NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT !!

Wine and cheese.... where do you come up with this stuff. ;-) LOL

Shooter
01-17-2014, 07:27 PM
Awesome. A well written letter explaining to the Regions members also.

Viper Girl
01-17-2014, 08:05 PM
We did go to Hearst Castle a few years ago... I remember.... well... nevermind...

1HOTV10
01-17-2014, 08:12 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome. Feels great to finally be here.

So how many additional members will this bring in?

Bruce

More than one less than 200 ;)

Thanks, Glenn

Viper Girl
01-17-2014, 11:10 PM
Glenn, I'm gonna change your screen name. Riddler sounds more accurate to me...

What cha say?

Viper Girl
01-17-2014, 11:16 PM
I haven't counted how many members I added to the Owners Map... Seems like we used to have more than 200...

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&vps=2&jsv=329b&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=218068034306569294596.0004a092be0b07a4b6f6b

Fatboy 18
01-18-2014, 03:34 AM
Hello from Sunny England :England:

OK I'm lying.......Its still raining! :D

Please send some of that Fine weather you guys have over here please :D

Viper Girl
01-18-2014, 08:15 AM
Hello from Sunny England :England:

OK I'm lying.......Its still raining! :D

Please send some of that Fine weather you guys have over here please :D
Wow if only we could swap weather for a little while... We are in a drought state of emergency here. Would love to have your rain!
The lake where my water comes from is at 60% and to me it looks like that is an inflated number...

We'll take all the rain you got!

JonB ~ PartsRack
01-18-2014, 10:57 AM
We did go to Hearst Castle a few years ago... I remember.... well... nevermind...

Were you gonna reveal something incriminating? Hisstory: You debuted a G4 hood on your G3 at that event! Quite the pioneer.

I came with 3 guests, almost got run-over on the PCH...... (that was the pre-ban era, I was invited!)

Viper Girl
01-18-2014, 11:23 AM
Lots of shenanigans on that cruise... guys with wigs... zombie teeth... Rain... 2 miles of vipers on PCH... Rain...

Viper Support vehicle and... Jon parting the PCH traffic seas. Standing in the middle of PCH halting traffic so all 61 Vipers could hit the road at the same time... Dude... what were you thinking? You must really trust Cali drivers :saw:

YES! that was one of the first Gen IV hoods to make it onto a Gen III... Got it painted just in time too... Then it rained while out on that trip... I remember throwing trash bags over my engine to keep the water spots off it.... Silly Viper Girl... LMAO

ViperGTS
01-18-2014, 12:46 PM
I hope the engine was cold...

01sapphirebob
01-18-2014, 12:54 PM
Welcome aboard SoCAL!!!

Viper Girl
01-18-2014, 01:04 PM
I hope the engine was cold...
Woulda been ugly if warm... Shrink wrapped V10

1HOTV10
01-19-2014, 05:16 PM
Were you gonna reveal something incriminating? Hisstory: You debuted a G4 hood on your G3 at that event! Quite the pioneer.

I came with 3 guests, almost got run-over on the PCH...... (that was the pre-ban era, I was invited!)

John. If I remember correctly. You were single handily standing in the middle of U.S. Highway 1 stopping traffic so our snake train could exit Hurst Castle. And there was this guy running around jumping on cars and snapping pics.

WhiteSnake
01-19-2014, 06:49 PM
The Arizona Region sends a warm welcome to our good friends to the West. Your due diligence and the eloquent letter to your membership should make them(and the other VOA regions) feel confident you have only their best interest and the best long term interest of the club in mind.

VoooDoo1
01-20-2014, 09:20 PM
Great to be here!

XXX BLK
01-20-2014, 10:13 PM
VooDoo1 and So. Cal. welcome to the VOA great to have you here…..

Viper Girl
01-21-2014, 09:29 AM
Great to be here!
I was wondering when you would show up here! Welcome!

VENOM V
01-21-2014, 01:14 PM
Awesome guys! So glad to hear it.

V1P3R
01-21-2014, 01:14 PM
Congrats and WELCOME!