PDA

View Full Version : Almost Got T-Boned Today

ViperTony
01-17-2014, 03:08 PM
True, not the best weather in CT to take out the Viper today but the roads were clear, about 41 degrees and clear. I decided to take out the Viper and assess the new 70mm TB's I installed. First, let me say that the TB's really woke up the pedal. No drive-ability issues, no bucking, etc. Damn it felt good. It felt really good to be out on the prowl. :p Did my usual test circuit drive. Taking it easy no silliness well until I got on the highway.

A pretty white Maserati was in front of me. The Viper started to foam at the mouth. But I did not fall to temptation. The Maserati decided to punch it and put some distance between us. No biggie I say to myself, let him have his fun. For a short while he would speed up then slow down as I approached him. I was good. :p He waved me by, gave a thumbs up and I dropped it to 3rd and went WOT on him just to let him know what his pretty white thing doesn't have. A set of balls. For those of you that have heard my Viper then you know what Armageddon sounds like. It felt good.

Anyway, I get off my exit and I'm waiting at the red light. I've driven this way countless times over 7 years in the Viper. Normally, I approach this one particular stop light as if it was the drag strip light. When Green hits look out. :anonymous: Today, and for some reason (perhaps it was the road conditions or some little angel on my shoulder telling me to relax) I hesitated (for a split second) to take off when the light turned green. And I'm glad I did because an SUV ran a red light and came speeding by me within inches of my front fascia. Had I taken off as I normally do, I would've been t-boned right in the driver's side of the Viper. To say I was both pissed and relieved is an understatement.

Be careful out there.

Loud
01-17-2014, 03:14 PM
Wow, glad it didn't happen. I was almost t-boned by a 7-series coming out of a parking lot a long time ago.

ViperTony
01-17-2014, 03:27 PM
The look on the faces of the drivers stopped at the intersection was priceless. Every jaw I saw was dropped. Still trying to figure out what prevented me from what I normally do at that light. Maybe I'm just getting older and *gasp* wiser. Dunno.

slowhatch
01-17-2014, 03:38 PM
Yeap. That's why, i know its weird, but i still glance left/right at intersections even as i'm rolling through on a green light. I do the same when taking off from a stoplight. Just habitual now after seeing so many morons run reds around here.

Glad you and snake are in one piece.

ViperTony
01-17-2014, 03:41 PM
There was a black SUV next to me, to my left at the light. I thought I had a good view before when I looked past him but he blocked my view just enough so that I couldn't see that speeding SUV coming. Still, there was an intervention today.

99RT10
01-17-2014, 03:58 PM
Dude, glad it all worked out. Can't imagine what could have happened if you didn't have a little luck on your side.

Sybil TF
01-17-2014, 04:08 PM
Close call!

Fatboy 18
01-17-2014, 04:16 PM
Good to know your OK :)

johniew398
01-17-2014, 04:18 PM
Glad you hesitated even with the green. That type situation is getting worse around here where I almost count to 5 before taking off. And then of course you have some jerk behind you on the horn.

ViperTony
01-17-2014, 04:59 PM
I made a batch of my focaccia bread. A little bread, some wine and I'll be as right as rain tonight. :p

DrTaco
01-17-2014, 05:45 PM
Got T-boned a few years ago by one of those U-haul type box trucks. I STILL can't go through intersections without tapping on the brakes. Glad you and the Viper are ok.

F2V
01-17-2014, 06:01 PM
I hear ya Tony, but T boneing is mild compared to down here!!

This week 3 people shot to death in two seperate incidents, over nothing more than arguments!!!...one was in a theatre over texting (during previews) and subsequent pop corn throwing (this shooter was a retired police captain too), the other in a doctors waiting room. Must be something in the sun...I will be keeping my big mouth shut for sure in SunnyVille, especially as huge numbers of the population carry guns legally, as in these two cases! BTW, the police guy is claiming self defense, life felt threatened, stand your ground law!!!!!!!!!

St.Char
01-17-2014, 06:32 PM
Glad too hear that you are writing about what almost happened, rather than what did happen:dude3:

JonB ~ PartsRack
01-17-2014, 06:42 PM
Leave it to a chef to tell a T-bone story. And the wine-cheese bread? YIKES!!!!! You may have to join NorCal!

Viper Girl
01-17-2014, 08:20 PM
There was a black SUV next to me, to my left at the light. I thought I had a good view before when I looked past him but he blocked my view just enough so that I couldn't see that speeding SUV coming. Still, there was an intervention today.
Wow, you would have taken it in the drivers side too. You are a very lucky man Tony... You should go buy a lottery ticket today

C.J
01-17-2014, 08:32 PM
I'd give God the credit...glad you're okay.

HyperViper
01-17-2014, 09:13 PM
:eek:Glad you are still with us

ViperSmith
01-17-2014, 09:19 PM
I stopped jumping off lines awhile ago. Too many drivers texting anymore. Absolutely aways check intersections before entering them - even though it isn't fool proof.

Michael
01-18-2014, 07:27 AM
I'm convinced 50+ % of the driving population ... can't drive. Every time I take the Viper out, I pretend I'm playing "Frogger". Defensive driving the entire time I'm out, until the Snake is back home safely tucked away in its nest.

swolff
01-18-2014, 11:00 AM
I'm convinced 50+ % of the driving population ... can't drive. Every time I take the Viper out, I pretend I'm playing "Frogger". Defensive driving the entire time I'm out, until the Snake is back home safely tucked away in its nest.

I'd say more like 65% + It really is shocking that are only as many accidents as there are considering how bad most people drive. The area I am in everyone feels the road and the world is entitled to them and them only so I see some pretty bad ones.

ViperTony, glad you hesitated!

ViperTony
01-18-2014, 12:56 PM
Distracted driving is all over the place. Even the blatant running of a red light seems to be increasing around these parts. It amazes me that we haven't heard of more horror stories.

Mopar Boy
01-18-2014, 03:58 PM
Wow. Glad to hear the car (yes and you! :D) are alright! That would require a seat cleaning after an incident like that! ;)

Leslie
01-18-2014, 06:21 PM
Holy cow! Soooo glad you are ok!

Leslie
01-18-2014, 06:22 PM
Wow. Glad to hear the car (yes and you! :D) are alright! That would require a seat cleaning after an incident like that! ;)

Hey Junior, is that what I smelled in your car?

ViperTony
01-18-2014, 09:30 PM

Done.

Mopar Boy
01-18-2014, 09:53 PM
Hey Junior, is that what I smelled in your car?

I made you do WHAT in my car!? LOL

Hey....whats that thing in your avatar!? Did you get something? I hope you did! That would be awesome! So happy for you!

Done.

LOL

LittleCobra
01-19-2014, 02:07 PM
MOPAR BOY! Go wash your mouth with green soap that is no way to talk to a lady :)

ieem01172
01-19-2014, 05:05 PM
Glad to hear that you weren't hit. Armageddon never sounded so good ;)

pony23
01-19-2014, 08:32 PM
Good thing it all turned out OK for you. I think the CT drivers have been getting worse over the last couple of years. They drive more and more like MA. or NY. drivers. :)