PDA

View Full Version : Who Else is Hoping Waiting For Dodge to Re Open Ordering

Scott_in_fl
01-26-2017, 03:05 PM
I'm hoping that someone from FCA is reading this forum every so often and will appreciate that I and others are waiting patiently with fingers crossed.

As a prior Gen III owner and long time VCA member, I'd been monitoring the 2017 model year intent on ordering a "1 of 1". However, that option prematurely closed earlier this summer for reasons that we're all aware of.

Since then, and like others I'm sure, I've been waiting for Dodge to determine what capacity it might have to re-open the orders.

In late November, it was reported that Dodge had decided that it would re-open orders "before the end of the year" (2016).

It is now nearly February and nothing seems to have happened thus far. If you're in the same boat, please post up so that FCA can see us/hear us and hopefully they can make this last opportunity become a reality before it is too late. :dude3:

Dman
01-26-2017, 03:23 PM
I was but have given up and shopping current market inventory new/used. Shame.

Vprbite
01-26-2017, 03:26 PM
As I inderstand it, they will be trying hard to get all the orders done in time as it is.

Good luck. I think there are plenty of good ones out there.

Purple Haze
01-26-2017, 03:57 PM
I look everyday on a couple sites for fun. There is a ton of new ones out there about every color you might want. What do you want if I may ask?

Scott_in_fl
01-26-2017, 04:26 PM
I also look around almost everyday, but there's nothing remotely close to what I want in new inventory.

The original plan was to create a "1 of 1" non-ACR for street use, but with a wild color that mimics a Porsche paint-to-sample favorite. I worked with a local Sikkens Akzonobel distributor to identify it and we mixed and painted probably 20 different speedforms to hone in on the right shade.

However, as the dream of a custom order has been slowly fading over several months, I'm starting to warm up to the idea of grabbing a used ACR-E if I can find an interesting enough color combo and the price is right. I've seen a few recently that look great to my eye and would be candidates, but I'm still holding out a little while longer to see if Dodge can come through.

donk_316
01-26-2017, 05:02 PM
Labrit is selling his ACRE. It's the same color as my car but he has the ACR strips and so on.

OneofOneViper
01-26-2017, 05:13 PM
I also look around almost everyday, but there's nothing remotely close to what I want in new inventory.

The original plan was to create a "1 of 1" non-ACR for street use, but with a wild color that mimics a Porsche paint-to-sample favorite. I worked with a local Sikkens Akzonobel distributor to identify it and we mixed and painted probably 20 different speedforms to hone in on the right shade.

However, as the dream of a custom order has been slowly fading over several months, I'm starting to warm up to the idea of grabbing a used ACR-E if I can find an interesting enough color combo and the price is right. I've seen a few recently that look great to my eye and would be candidates, but I'm still holding out a little while longer to see if Dodge can come through.

So first, the price will be MSRP or higher if the ACR-E is new. I haven't seen anything sold under that for months now. Most sell at MSRP but there are a few that try to get over MSRP, I'm not sure if they are getting their asking price or not. What's crazy is in the last month or two I've seen most used ACR-E vipers sell for around MSRP as well although it appears mods are hurting their price if you had an arrow PCM installed. The other used vipers don't seem to hold their values quite as well it appears.

As for orders opening up again, I hope they open for your sake as well. Even if they do however, I would think the ACR-E may be the one that wouldn't be available since it sounded like they shut down due to not knowing if they had enough wings and such to make these ACR-Es. Vipers seem to take about 3-5 months to make at a minimum from what I've seen and production will likely stop in July since that is when the 2018 model would normally start. So that means there is only about 2 months left at this point I would think where they have a chance of opening up orders again in time to make one.

ViperDC
01-26-2017, 06:26 PM
Maybe Bill could ask his contact for any updates on ordering reopening?

BlknBlu
01-26-2017, 06:47 PM
If ordering does not reopen, I would jump on a secondary color or you will be left out in the cold.

Bruce

biturboamg
01-26-2017, 06:55 PM
Labrit is selling his ACRE. It's the same color as my car but he has the ACR strips and so on.

Love your color car! Palmer had the lambo grey ACR E for a short time that was ordered and it looked good, no stripe and didn't have the ext cf option and I do love that CF ext on the TA and ACR

Policy Limits
01-26-2017, 08:00 PM

What's the list price? That car is wicked!

One Viper Bite
01-26-2017, 08:58 PM
I am still hoping and praying as well.

SRZ
01-26-2017, 09:19 PM
I would love to order one as well, non-extreme ACR. But, also need to sell my TA to move up to ACR.

Purple Haze
01-26-2017, 09:27 PM
Or just wait for the 2020 Gen VI on the way????

99RT10
01-26-2017, 11:06 PM
They will not be opening up the orders. Get one now while you can. Woodhouse, VE or Gerrywood.

ACRSNK
01-27-2017, 05:39 AM
They will not be opening up the orders. Get one now while you can. Woodhouse, VE or Gerrywood.

So why would Kuniskis go on record and say that orders would re open for a brief period? Doesn't make sense. If they weren't going to re open, why not just say nothing and leave it alone? I think there's still hope and that orders will re open shortly. We'll see.

sparkrn
01-27-2017, 05:40 AM

No more Roanoke?

Martin
01-27-2017, 09:00 AM
Orders probably will open - but for just a very short amount of time. I think the people who were in the process of getting their 1 of 1 done, but missed the cutoff, will be first in line. I doubt they'll open the floodgates on this one - it's going to be more of a trickle because they just don't have the time or capacity to handle another 100 orders.

99RT10
01-27-2017, 09:22 AM
No more Roanoke?

My bad, Roanoke too. Good people!

Mbccenter
01-27-2017, 02:57 PM
From what I herd they would only open for a few min and that the orders already in place waiting would fill it. So don't know if that happens or not?

Stealth
01-27-2017, 03:22 PM
No offense intended, but the fact that this thread is not 10-20 pages deep with solid orders helps support the actions of Gerrywood in taking action to ensure that the remaining allocations are built and exist. I totally understand that each individual prefers to order just what they want. Hopefully, orders will open for those waiting

Martin
01-27-2017, 04:16 PM
I'm just an average Joe who knows a few people, and I personally know of quite a few people who had cash money ready to order. Hopefully they get their orders filled when the "soft open" happens, and if there are resources available after those orders are taken, I'm sure people who are communicating directly with their dealers will get a heads-up on what they need to do. I have a gut feeling that people are so concerned about their own orders that they're not saying much on this forum. That said, when their orders get filled, we'll likely see a bunch of happy people posting here about the way this was handled.

ACRucrazy
01-27-2017, 04:29 PM
From what I herd they would only open for a few min and that the orders already in place waiting would fill it. So don't know if that happens or not?
I thought that already happened. I recall a few posts by a Canadian member discussing it?

canadian viper
01-27-2017, 06:21 PM

this would be the fair way. pick up the orders that are not filled yet. then if any more room to build cars, open it up for new orders. .......... but canadian orders will be filled first. lol

ViperSmith
01-27-2017, 08:16 PM
So first, the price will be MSRP or higher if the ACR-E is new. I haven't seen anything sold under that for months now. Most sell at MSRP but there are a few that try to get over MSRP, I'm not sure if they are getting their asking price or not. What's crazy is in the last month or two I've seen most used ACR-E vipers sell for around MSRP as well although it appears mods are hurting their price if you had an arrow PCM installed. The other used vipers don't seem to hold their values quite as well it appears.

As for orders opening up again, I hope they open for your sake as well. Even if they do however, I would think the ACR-E may be the one that wouldn't be available since it sounded like they shut down due to not knowing if they had enough wings and such to make these ACR-Es. Vipers seem to take about 3-5 months to make at a minimum from what I've seen and production will likely stop in July since that is when the 2018 model would normally start. So that means there is only about 2 months left at this point I would think where they have a chance of opening up orders again in time to make one.

Plenty have bought below MSRP, silly statement.

Jdmuscle
01-27-2017, 11:18 PM

Agreed... lot of them to be had at under MSRP. Plus gerrywood will be sitting with 100 plus vipers on ground looking for buyers. Market is well saturated for MSRP or above as long as you are a bit flexible with options. Just can't have what you exactly want anymore.

OneofOneViper
01-27-2017, 11:21 PM

not a silly statement and yes plenty did buy below MSRP. Show me one person who bought an ACR-E new below MSRP since November and I'll show you a liar. Better yet, show me one selling below MSRP for a new ACR-E right now and I'll give you a buyer.

The reality is this. Viper owners have been so used to getting such great deals for years because the car wasn't selling; I get it. I could have bought one last February at about 15k under MSRP. But I drug my feet and times have changed. The car has since been discontinued, set tons of track records, and getting world wide attention. Only about 200 ACREs are made a year and the demand far exceeds them. I and 2 other friends went to buy one months ago and no dealership is willing to bargain anymore (and trust me I tried a lot). I ended up buying at MSRP and I'm fine with that, but no one is going to be selling an ACRE under MSRP anymore. Again, if you know someone who is, point them out and I'll send them a buyer.

OneofOneViper
01-27-2017, 11:54 PM
Agreed... lot of them to be had at under MSRP. Plus gerrywood will be sitting with 100 plus vipers on ground looking for buyers. Market is well saturated for MSRP or above as long as you are a bit flexible with options. Just can't have what you exactly want anymore.

These stats are just completely wrong. Don't speak just to speak if you don't know what you're talking about. First, Gerry Wood won't sell anything below MSRP when it comes to vipers. Will they in the future? Who knows. Second, they started with 141 vipers and have sold 53 on there site plus others that have not been marked off yet. That leaves them with 88ish? That is not "100 plus" and it's only been 2 months?

Mark1107
01-28-2017, 12:08 AM
These stats are just completely wrong. Don't speak just to speak if you don't know what you're talking about. First, Gerry Wood won't sell anything below MSRP when it comes to vipers. Will they in the future? Who knows. Second, they started with 141 vipers and have sold 53 on there site plus others that have not been marked off yet. That leaves them with 88ish? That is not "100 plus" and it's only been 2 months?

Amen. I agree with the above.

I got lucky and found my dream ACR E with 500 miles on it, no modifications and 22k off sticker! I got the best deal! Even if it was used, lol.

LABrit
01-28-2017, 12:12 AM

Not sure yet...have only done 950 miles so far so will take it out this weekend and decide. Too many cars and no time at the moment to drive any of them!

List on mine was 169k and haven't advertised it other than a post on instagram and mentioned it's possibly available on this forum.

Vprbite
01-28-2017, 12:53 AM
I'm just an average Joe who knows a few people, and I personally know of quite a few people who had cash money ready to order. Hopefully they get their orders filled when the "soft open" happens, and if there are resources available after those orders are taken, I'm sure people who are communicating directly with their dealers will get a heads-up on what they need to do. I have a gut feeling that people are so concerned about their own orders that they're not saying much on this forum. That said, when their orders get filled, we'll likely see a bunch of happy people posting here about the way this was handled.

Here's the thing to me, if all these people had cash ready to order...why didn't they? There was 150 some odd cars for gerrywood to buy. We hadn't bought up all the slots yet. So I'm not actually upset at them for it. I understand that it sucks for people who wanted a 1/1. But I've seen so many people say they were a week away from ordering, etc that it gets a little hard to believe. Are we sure it isn't people just really wanting what they can't have?

dewilmoth
01-28-2017, 07:54 AM
Amen. I agree with the above.

I got lucky and found my dream ACR E with 500 miles on it, no modifications and 22k off sticker! I got the best deal! Even if it was used, lol.

I assure you, you did not get the best deal. 😉

Mark1107
01-28-2017, 07:59 AM
I assure you, you did not get the best deal. ��

Lol. At the time of purchase I did, without a 15k coupon. But whatever. You win the internets today. I lose. You get the "Alternative Facts Medal"!!!! Lol

dewilmoth
01-28-2017, 08:11 AM
Lol. At the time of purchase I did, without a 15k coupon. But whatever. You win the internets today. I lose. You get the "Alternative Facts Medal"!!!! Lol

I bought my car before you, also used, and with 290 miles on it. Nothing to do with a coupon. And you lost me on the alternative facts reference. I also never claimed to win the internet. Just tired of reading your constant brag about how amazing you did on the car purchase. Nobody cares, I promise.

Mark1107
01-28-2017, 08:15 AM
I bought my car before you, also used, and with 290 miles on it. Nothing to do with a coupon. And you lost me on the alternative facts reference. I also never claimed to win the internet. Just tired of reading your constant brag about how amazing you did on the car purchase. Nobody cares, I promise.

Awww. I'll give you a Dr. Phil Hug next time I see you. I must of struck a nerve keyboard Kommando.

This thread is about getting deals on ACRs and how is the market. I prawmiss neva to tawk aboouuut mi deeeal ever never again since your so butt hurt. I solly!

mak1118
01-28-2017, 08:23 AM

Gerry Wood offered me a '17 gt a month ago for $8500 under msrp.

ViperSmith
01-28-2017, 08:25 AM
not a silly statement and yes plenty did buy below MSRP. Show me one person who bought an ACR-E new below MSRP since November and I'll show you a liar. Better yet, show me one selling below MSRP for a new ACR-E right now and I'll give you a buyer.

The reality is this. Viper owners have been so used to getting such great deals for years because the car wasn't selling; I get it. I could have bought one last February at about 15k under MSRP. But I drug my feet and times have changed. The car has since been discontinued, set tons of track records, and getting world wide attention. Only about 200 ACREs are made a year and the demand far exceeds them. I and 2 other friends went to buy one months ago and no dealership is willing to bargain anymore (and trust me I tried a lot). I ended up buying at MSRP and I'm fine with that, but no one is going to be selling an ACRE under MSRP anymore. Again, if you know someone who is, point them out and I'll send them a buyer.

No one cares what you think. Reality is people have bought below msrp.

OneofOneViper
01-28-2017, 08:30 AM

Again, that's not an ACRE. As stated before, only ACREs are the ones in big demand that won't go below MSRP

SharpMan
01-28-2017, 08:30 AM
This thread is about getting deals on ACRs and how is the market.

No, it's not.

OneofOneViper
01-28-2017, 08:33 AM
No one cares what you think. Reality is people have bought below msrp.

I'm not giving out opinions, I'm giving out facts. A thread was started a month or 2 ago with someone claiming the same thing yet no one has been able to come up with one solid example sale where an ACRE has been sold below MSRP since November. So until anyone can, either anyone suggesting as such is trying to influence the market or they are liars. That simple.

mak1118
01-28-2017, 08:33 AM
Again, that's not an ACRE. As stated before, only ACREs are the ones in big demand that won't go below MSRP

Okay but in your comment you said they won't sell any vipers under msrp.. didn't try to buy an ACRE so I couldn't say for sure.

OneofOneViper
01-28-2017, 08:36 AM
Okay but in your comment you said they won't sell any vipers under msrp.. didn't try to buy an ACRE so I couldn't say for sure.

Sorry mis-worded when I was trying to combine my original ACRE statement with the previous claim of Garry Wood having 100+ vipers etc

mak1118
01-28-2017, 08:48 AM
Sorry mis-worded when I was trying to combine my original ACRE statement with the previous claim of Garry Wood having 100+ vipers etc

No problem..... when I first started to deal with them they told me they will not sell any viper under msrp but they eventually gave in... I wouldn't buy a car if it was msrp or over. I almost bought the car but I wanted another $3k off and they wouldn't go and before I had a chance to change my mind the car was gone but it had 49 miles on it so they were using it to let people test drive.

ViperSmith
01-28-2017, 09:27 AM
I'm not giving out opinions, I'm giving out facts. A thread was started a month or 2 ago with someone claiming the same thing yet no one has been able to come up with one solid example sale where an ACRE has been sold below MSRP since November. So until anyone can, either anyone suggesting as such is trying to influence the market or they are liars. That simple.

I am sure people will rush to prove some random person on the internet wrong

What a goof.

uberpube
01-28-2017, 10:13 AM
There are no deals to be had on ACR-e's at all in Canada, the used ones are going for more than what I paid for my SE car, and I paid MSRP.

Martin
01-28-2017, 10:39 AM
Here's the thing to me, if all these people had cash ready to order...why didn't they? There was 150 some odd cars for gerrywood to buy. We hadn't bought up all the slots yet. So I'm not actually upset at them for it. I understand that it sucks for people who wanted a 1/1. But I've seen so many people say they were a week away from ordering, etc that it gets a little hard to believe. Are we sure it isn't people just really wanting what they can't have?

I know of a number of people that were going through the 1 of 1 process, and that takes time. Gotta get the color chip, sign off on it, send it back, then get the speedform, sign off on that, and then the order goes into the acceptance queue. Some guys were right at the end of that process when the acceptance queue closed down. I had heard rumors of that about to happen, so I gave up on my quest for the "perfect blue" and just opted for Stryker Purple. Two days later, the orders closed.

There were others who were ready to put orders in, but knew that it was the end of the season and buying a Viper in October and having it delivered in January is the worst time of year to get one. So, they dragged their feet a bit. If some very strongly worded advance notice was given, I know for a fact they would have jumped on it. The problem was that the ordering closed down with very little notice - and many dealers had no clue it was about to happen. Given two weeks notice, I'm sure a bunch of people would have scrambled to get the order in. Personally, I dragged my sick-ass self down to the dealership to get it done because I knew the clock was ticking - but I was one of the lucky few who heard the rumors of orders closing "any day now" and I believed them. A lot of people thought it was just rumors based on dealership FUD to move units. If FCA had issued a letter that people could see with their own eyes, I think a bunch would have jumped.

Now, we have a number of people who have been working hard behind the scenes to get their cars - and when ordering does open (even if it's not announced) I hear they're going to get them. So, I'm sure there are plenty of buyers out there working behind the scenes and not making a lot of noise about it because they don't want to cause a mad rush and then possibly get locked out.

Jdmuscle
01-28-2017, 11:18 AM

Registers on the board last month and knows Viper market better than most here and probably knows even better than God himself. Lol and Internet never lies.. and that dealers website is up to date... lmao

Please go hide under a rock that you were before December or stop posting stupid posts to get your post count high.

OneofOneViper
01-28-2017, 11:26 AM
Registers on the board last month and knows Viper market better than most here and probably knows even better than God himself. Lol and Internet never lies.. and that dealers website is up to date... lmao

Please go hide under a rock that you were before December or stop posting stupid posts to get your post count high.

My posts are facts. And just because I registered recently certainly doesn't mean I'm new to the viper scene. I'd be willing to bet I've owned vipers longer than most on this forum. Almost 17 years now. But I like calling out BS so I don't think I'll be going back to my rock so you can spout BS without someone calling you out.

BlknBlu
01-28-2017, 11:31 AM
Who Else is Hoping Waiting For Dodge to Re Open Ordering and I know more about Vipers are not on Topic. Take it easy folks and stay on point.

Bruce

ACRSNK
01-28-2017, 11:36 AM

Don't waste your time with that guy. He's a clown and gets all butt hurt when someone says they got a deal on an ACR-E because he wasn't able to. He chimes in with useless posts all the time on these types of threads. Thinks he knows everything about Vipers. Lol.

LABrit
01-28-2017, 11:37 AM
All this thread is doing is bringing out the trolls and making me really appreciate my 1 of 1 that i've barely driven!

I'm taking it out tomorrow for a drive - first time in 6 weeks!

Thanks guys!

Dman
01-28-2017, 12:15 PM

Who did you talk to? I called them on a non ACR they have and made a strong cash offer that was at invoice and he told me to pound sand, that they are only selling all vipers at sticker.

mak1118
01-28-2017, 01:17 PM
Who did you talk to? I called them on a non ACR they have and made a strong cash offer that was at invoice and he told me to pound sand, that they are only selling all vipers at sticker.

I will send you a pm

mak1118
01-28-2017, 01:34 PM

I don't know what you are looking for but I gave another member on here another deal but don't think he was interested.... I got a good offer on a new 16 gts white, if you are interested shoot me a pm and I will tell you the deal and where it is... free shipping too.

aspman
01-29-2017, 08:43 AM
your car.

mak1118
01-29-2017, 05:03 PM
No, new at a dealer.

Jdmuscle
01-29-2017, 09:17 PM
My posts are facts. And just because I registered recently certainly doesn't mean I'm new to the viper scene. I'd be willing to bet I've owned vipers longer than most on this forum. Almost 17 years now. But I like calling out BS so I don't think I'll be going back to my rock so you can spout BS without someone calling you out.

Funny.. everyone calls you a clown. Your facts are not facts when I know people that bought their cars for way less than MSRP.

Jdmuscle
01-29-2017, 09:18 PM
Don't waste your time with that guy. He's a clown and gets all butt hurt when someone says they got a deal on an ACR-E because he wasn't able to. He chimes in with useless posts all the time on these types of threads. Thinks he knows everything about Vipers. Lol.

Seems like it. Now he is saying he owns a viper for 17yrs.. maybe a hotwheels version.

OneofOneViper
01-29-2017, 09:30 PM
Seems like it. Now he is saying he owns a viper for 17yrs.. maybe a hotwheels version.

Sounds to me like your a little "jelly". And show me one person who bought a 2017 ACRE viper in the last 2 months for under MSRP and I'll give you $1000. Otherwise shut your mouth liar. Post the receipt and the money is yours.

Yeah, I'm calling you and every other BSer out. Put up or shut up. I have nothing to gain. Only $1000 to lose and I'm telling you that anyone who says differently without putting up a receipt is a liar. Again---qualifications are ACRE only in the last 2 months, that's December and January. If you know lots of people that got them from under MSRP this should take you just a few minutes to earn $1000.

yeah... that's what I thought.

Jdmuscle
01-29-2017, 09:48 PM
Sounds to me like your a little "jelly". And show me one person who bought a 2017 ACRE viper in the last 2 months for under MSRP and I'll give you $1000. Otherwise shut your mouth liar. Post the receipt and the money is yours.

Yeah, I'm calling you and every other BSer out. Put up or shut up. I have nothing to gain. Only $1000 to lose and I'm telling you that anyone who says differently without putting up a receipt is a liar. Again---qualifications are ACRE only in the last 2 months, that's December and January. If you know lots of people that got them from under MSRP this should take you just a few minutes to earn $1000.

Butt hurt much? No need to prove you anything and no one needs your money. Lol just know you are wrong. I think we will start calling you an immature clown going forward. :)

OneofOneViper
01-29-2017, 09:49 PM
Butt hurt much? No need to prove you anything and no one needs your money. Lol just know you are wrong.

Jdmuscle
01-29-2017, 09:56 PM

People here that buy 120-140k cars typically like to keep things private. To prove an immature clown wrong I won't be telling you who and how much. Go tell your mommy.. that I'm not sharing my secret with you lmao

OneofOneViper
01-29-2017, 10:05 PM
People here that buy 120-140k cars typically like to keep things private. To prove an immature clown wrong I won't be telling you who and how much. Go tell your mommy.. that I'm not sharing my secret with you lmao

So what we know is you can come up with an excuse, and judging by your collection you probably could use the $1000. They really should ban people from forums who post false statements as fact when they can't back up these facts. Call it a "prove it or lose it" policy. As immature as this bickering back and forth has been (and yes I'm done after this post with you), all you have proven is that you have no way to prove me wrong, you're a liar probably trying to influence the market, and you'll keep making up excuses as to why you can't prove otherwise.

Jdmuscle
01-29-2017, 10:22 PM
So what we know is you can come up with an excuse, and judging by your collection you probably could use the $1000. They really should ban people from forums who post false statements as fact when they can't back up these facts. Call it a "prove it or lose it" policy. As immature as this bickering back and forth has been (and yes I'm done after this post with you), all you have proven is that you have no way to prove me wrong, you're a liar probably trying to influence the market, and you'll keep making up excuses as to why you can't prove otherwise.

Lol.. you should've been banned a long time ago then. If you really feel strongly about sending me the money why not just donate it to the gofundme that's out there for the viper's return to the ring instead of mouthing off over here.. everyone knows you are a clown. Lol :)

Here is the link for the gofundme..
https://www.gofundme.com/take-back-the-ring-record

Stop wasting cyber space with your stupid claims and make some good use of yourself.

Snorman
01-29-2017, 10:49 PM
I'll say this...when my car was built and sent to VE in October, I was watching dealer stock and it was ALL low. I was unjustifiably a little concerned that VE might not have honored the pricing we had negotiated several months prior to this (and to clear this up...I was 110% happy with VE and Courtney and this was simply my paranoia setting in). As of today, VE is showing FOUR cars in-stock...and one is that matte yellow ACR and another is Stryker Purple. So tell me how easy it's going to be to find a new ACR-E when I can count on one-hand the number of available cars the largest Viper dealer has in-stock.
Some people like to argue and complain about stupid shit. Go out and track your car and stop complaining. If you sat on the fence after WE ALL KNEW the Gen V was going away after '17, then your loss.
S.

LABrit
01-29-2017, 11:00 PM
Fuck all this talk! Went out for a fun drive today!

98intrigue
01-29-2017, 11:42 PM

Ahhh so you were the one who bought it from MB of Tampa?

Fatboy 18
01-30-2017, 02:48 AM

How do you guys get on with a 50mph speed limit :( DO they relax that a little? Must be frustrating driving high performance cars at that speed?
Do you even make 4th gear?

Purple Haze
01-30-2017, 07:21 AM
Nice!!! Thanks for the positive...Weather here still crappy, wife driving me crazy, need to escape!!!

LABrit
01-30-2017, 08:11 AM
I don't feel your pain! :p

I used to daily my cars in London regardless of the weather but we never had anything more than a couple inches of snow in the last 8 years on average.

Fatboy 18
01-30-2017, 08:52 AM

I used to daily my cars in London regardless of the weather but we never had anything more than a couple inches of snow in the last 8 years on average.
I could not live in London :( Dad saw the way it was going in the late 1950s and moved us out into Surrey. Green fields where I live :) We have only had 2 days of snow so far :)

LABrit
01-30-2017, 09:23 AM
I could not live in London :( Dad saw the way it was going in the late 1950s and moved us out into Surrey. Green fields where I live :) We have only had 2 days of snow so far :)

London is vile. Born and raised there - it changed massively over the last 15 years and i wasn't raising my newborn there.

TAMPA-G5
02-03-2017, 11:00 PM
:England:

SilveRT8
02-04-2017, 08:43 AM
Has production started back? we see pics of 1of1 cars being painted and assembled in other posts ?
Any news on new orders reopening ? for Canadians ?

ClayR
02-04-2017, 09:14 AM

I got to drive mine last weekend. Put it in a big show. Even won sponsors choice award. No snow here yet, just sent my ACR tips off to get ceramic coated and gonna get it freshened up and can't wait for spring.

Just checked Viper Concierge, Reservations Temporarily Closed.

bigmacsmallfries
02-04-2017, 10:08 AM
Crazy as this was announced over 2 months ago and now less than 7 months of production left without any additional news. I'd like to stay optimistic but doesn't sound like they're going to add many cars here at all as it's clear they're pretty close to capacity as August 31st approaches.

Regarding earlier comments, there's plenty of individuals that have gotten very sizeable discounts off MSRP for ACRs in Canada, however on the lots they are selling for about 10-15k above MSRP at the moment.

VRYALT3R3D
02-04-2017, 11:49 AM
Crazy as this was announced over 2 months ago and now less than 7 months of production left without any additional news. I'd like to stay optimistic but doesn't sound like they're going to add many cars here at all as it's clear they're pretty close to capacity as August 31st approaches.

Regarding earlier comments, there's plenty of individuals that have gotten very sizeable discounts off MSRP for ACRs in Canada, however on the lots they are selling for about 10-15k above MSRP at the moment.

Those ACRs on the lot have been rotting for months now.

DZnutz
02-04-2017, 12:26 PM
I hope dodge never reopens ordering, I have mine

Special Ed
02-04-2017, 01:35 PM
I hope dodge never reopens ordering, I have mine

Yes, so screw everyone else!!! Nice.

bigmacsmallfries
02-04-2017, 04:35 PM
Those ACRs on the lot have been rotting for months now.

Yeah agreed. 7 total have been for sale the last three months, 3 sold. I don't blame them. Probably the last or second last brand new Viper most of these dealerships are going to receive, I think all of us would be asking at least MSRP.

GerryWoodViper
02-04-2017, 08:15 PM
Yeah agreed. 7 total have been for sale the last three months, 3 sold. I don't blame them. Probably the last or second last brand new Viper most of these dealerships are going to receive, I think all of us would be asking at least MSRP.

We have aprox 50 ACR's in various stages of ordering, but only one in stock that arrived this week (Stryker Orange). We are not, and have never, charged over MSRP. I've heard it is starting though as promises of more production and allocation is starting to look more and more unlikely by the day.

www.GerryWoodViper.com

SharpMan
02-04-2017, 08:28 PM
We have aprox 50 ACR's in various stages of ordering, but only one in stock that arrived this week (Stryker Orange). We are not, and have never, charged over MSRP. I've heard it is starting though as promises of more production and allocation is starting to look more and more unlikely by the day.

www.GerryWoodViper.com

I think they are referring exclusively to the Canadian market.

uberpube
02-04-2017, 08:33 PM
I lost count of how many dealers I talked to about ordering the car in BC and Alberta.Only one dealer was willing to get it done, but none of them were willing to go below msrp, that was usually dealt out pretty early in the conversation. I just got resigned that the car would bought at MSRP and then just had to find a dealer willing to order it.
At the 2016 Calgary autoshow, a regional FCA guy I talked to said forget about any deals on Vipers. I could have had a 2014 viper TA for a big discount, but thats when the Viper really wasn't selling very well. I should have taken that deal, I could have made money on it.

www.GerryWoodViper.com
It looks like you sold a couple of the SE SSG acr's, any info on when those cars will be done? I assume they will try to do the ssg cars in all one big batch.

GerryWoodViper
02-04-2017, 09:13 PM
It looks like you sold a couple of the SE SSG acr's, any info on when those cars will be done? I assume they will try to do the ssg cars in all one big batch.[/QUOTE]

We have two that are very close to shipping. All of our Snake Skin cars were sold at time of order to clients the day of placing the order. We do have another green ACR coming, albeit not snake skin green, but very unique for sure.

commandomatt
02-05-2017, 09:31 AM
I think from here on out, dealers have no reason to sell below MSRP. Those that cant accept this will probably have to settle for used.

This year is the last chance to get a new Viper. We will hear plenty of " I should have pulled the trigger.....' a few months from now

NKC
02-05-2017, 04:28 PM
I'm quite certain that no one has paid under msrp in BC for an ACR. Most were over including myself. I know of 6 ACRs locally.

ACR Steve
02-06-2017, 08:25 AM
I would be shocked if ordering an ACR will ever be open again. The plant is closing and has to have a re development job started end of summer. Just not enough time to make additional cars