PDA

View Full Version : Need Gen 1 VMania Hardtop rear hold downs

Ed Adamchek
01-24-2017, 03:22 PM
Hi, everyone, my name is Ed, and somehow (about 4 years ago, when I shattered my left ankle), a friend was helping me to secure my after-market Hardtop on my '94 Gen 1, so I could store it until I was able to clutch again. I had bought a fiberglass Hardtop and smoked gray plexiglass side windows from V Mania in 2007, but I think they're out of business now. I've was unable to drive my car from 2014 until this spring, when my ankle had healed & my doc removed the 26 pieces of hardware from my clutch ankle. On my first cruise, I noticed the top was "floating" at the rear, when at or above 60 mph. I've been unable to locate the rear hold-downs & am seeking a set, before I go about having a custom set made. Anyone out there have some or know where I can locate a set?
Anyone who went on the V.C.N.E Spring Opener Run in Western Massachusetts about 6 years ago might remember me, as I was fortunate enough to have the honor of setting up the Run; we went from Northampton, MA, up into the Berkshires, along the Mohawk Trail and afterwards, back up or down Rte. 91/the Mass. Turnpike (Rte. 90) or wherever the 18 participants needed to go to return home. Thanks again to everyone who joined in the good times and helped to make it a success. In the meantime, if anyone has a line on those V Mania Gen. 1 Hardtop rear hold-downs, please don't hesitate to call me at: 413-478-1255. Thanks, Ed. Adamchek

AZTVR
01-25-2017, 10:30 AM
It looks like JonB/viperpartsrack still has the hardtop listed on his website. Perhaps he can help you in your quest.

99RT10
01-25-2017, 12:01 PM
They can be made. Simple stuff

http://driveviper.com/gallery/showfull.php?photo=1261

sfm79
01-27-2017, 01:22 PM
Years ago I accidentally bought a Gen 2 Vmania top for my Gen1. The rear latch seemed very simplistic. I believe it was just a 1/4-20 bolt with locking nut that went through the sport cap.