PDA

View Full Version : Caring for powder coated wheels

F8L BIT3
01-20-2017, 04:04 AM
I have stock GenIII wheels powder coated black. Anybody have any tips for cleaning them and removing any surface marks or what looks like water marks? Bought the car with the wheels on it and just want to see if I can do anything to get them looking a little better! Thanks in advance.

Nine Ball
01-20-2017, 10:31 AM
I only recommend soap and water, and a microfiber cloth to wash wheels. You can also apply some wax by hand, if you wish. Just treat the coating like you would the paint on your car.

BJG32
01-20-2017, 01:02 PM
I have stock GenIII wheels powder coated black. Anybody have any tips for cleaning them and removing any surface marks or what looks like water marks? Bought the car with the wheels on it and just want to see if I can do anything to get them looking a little better! Thanks in advance.

Try a clay bar for water spots. Safe and effective.

Vprbite
01-20-2017, 01:12 PM
I only recommend soap and water, and a microfiber cloth to wash wheels. You can also apply some wax by hand, if you wish. Just treat the coating like you would the paint on your car.

I agree with this. LOTS OF SOAP AND WATER are your friend. Like really don't skimp on the soap and water for washing. Wheels get brake dust build up which is its own animal.

plumcrazy
01-20-2017, 03:52 PM
Mild soaps too. Nothing harsh at all. Mostly water and elbow grease

F8L BIT3
01-21-2017, 12:10 AM
Thanks for the feedback!