PDA

View Full Version : No SRT at Barrett Jackson

Sharky
01-17-2014, 12:57 AM
Just wondering why SRT was not down here this year. I know the SRT cars, or at least the road warrior intro car was there last year. Is it a contracting/ manufacturers issue? Is this not the high end buyer the company is looking for? I saw a lot of deal making and promo going on with other manufacturers including setting up deposits on the new Z06. I did see six Gen 5 at one of the dealerships, including an orange TA but literally nothing in anyway on site. Going over to Russo tomorrow to see the Sons of Italy car.

LeadfootRT10
01-17-2014, 01:10 AM
SRT will be at Russo Steele this weekend instead.

Check out the Arizona region for more details about we'll be doing this weekend.

Glhs110
01-17-2014, 01:15 AM
I have been walking all the auctions since Monday and the only gen V in any auction is the SOI car at Russo! And it sells with no reserve Friday night! It made me sick to see all the new vette models at Barrett. I spent some time at Russo with the car today and it's amazing how many people don't even know what it is. And when you tell them it's hand built in Detroit, they look shocked! We need a dealer to bring a model there for people to sit in and experience!

WhiteSnake
01-17-2014, 01:27 AM
The change can be traced back to when Chrysler pulled out of Barrett-Jackson and other venues when owned by Cerebus and due to the bankruptcy proceedings. Ford and GM immediately filled the void and got the premium locations at Barrett-Jackson that Chrysler used to command with their huge presence at Barrett-Jackson. Chrysler was not pleased with their placement at the auction last year. Probably other reasons also factored into the switch to Russo and Steele.

Glhs110
01-17-2014, 01:36 AM
It's not SRT at Russo, it's the sons of Italy selling the 1 off gen V! I think SRT is just handling the car. There's no shirts to buy or brochures to pick up! But it would have been very cool to see a Mopar semi along the 101, the viper is sitting right in view from the highway at the main tent and it looks awesome!

Rocket
01-17-2014, 09:18 AM
Does SRT even have a marketing plan? Odd tweets and facebook blah, blah blah is not working.

Glhs110
01-17-2014, 01:39 PM
So I'm at the Russo and Steele auction with the Sons of Italy Viper! I just happened to notice a Small card with a Viper SRT that says There are SRT Viper's at the Fairmont Hotel front entrance for a ride and drive Thursday through Sunday 9 AM to 7 PM. Apparently the guys with the car at Russo told me they brought five vipers out here! But they're keeping it low-key for some reason! So you got till Sunday to get to the Fairmont Hotel if you want to drive one! I can't believe I never heard that was going on!

Glhs110
01-17-2014, 09:28 PM
Sons of Italy viper did 215k! D'anne and Wayne are the proud new owners. Thanks for supporting a great car and cause!