PDA

View Full Version : How to remove front brake ducts

stradman
01-14-2017, 09:55 AM
Hi all,

I purchased some CF aftermarket front ducts but cannot seem to find a way to remove the old ones. I see they are fixed with 4 tabs but I still am finding it difficult to remove these. Any suggestions as to a good way to remove the old ones? Many thanks

steve911
01-14-2017, 05:53 PM
What year car do you have?

BJG32
01-14-2017, 06:38 PM
Hi all,

I purchased some CF aftermarket front ducts but cannot seem to find a way to remove the old ones. I see they are fixed with 4 tabs but I still am finding it difficult to remove these. Any suggestions as to a good way to remove the old ones? Many thanks

Sounds like you have a gen 5. You have to take the front bumper off. A lot easier than it sounds 15 mins total. There are shims under the bolts at the top of the bumper. Make sure you note where they go.

stradman
01-15-2017, 04:09 AM
Sounds like you have a gen 5. You have to take the front bumper off. A lot easier than it sounds 15 mins total. There are shims under the bolts at the top of the bumper. Make sure you note where they go.
Yes I do have a 2016 Gen V. I have to take the bumper off? Really? Wow I didn't think I had to do that just for some ducts. But if you say its straightforward then maybe I should try to do it I guess seeing I got the ducts.

BJG32
01-15-2017, 01:04 PM
You'll understand when you see the clips that hold the ducts on why it is necessary. No way to do it with bumper on.