PDA

View Full Version : Should I turn my car after exhaust? How?

Vipes
01-16-2014, 03:52 PM
Hello all!

I have a gen III with a borla, M&M headers and I'm either going to go with high flow cat or cat delete. Should I tune the car? Who does tuning in the midwest (IN/IL/KY)? What happens if I don't tune besides leaving power on the table, will it probably run lean or rich on a stock tune? Thanks!

JonB ~ PartsRack
01-16-2014, 04:51 PM
Don't go cat delete. Loses torque. Search: backfiring; stink; stinky hair / clothes; flames; And a generality rule of thumb:

''The decibel level sound quality is inversely proportional to the age of the observer"

You don't HAVE to retune your Gen 3 with these mods.....you will even run a bit leaner and cleaner!

Bill Pemberton
01-21-2014, 04:32 PM
Listen to Jon on this as it not only stinks, and does all those other horrendous things he listed, it can make it much more difficult to sell. Many States are starting to come down hard on this, so
Mr. Brobst is giving you good advice in this area. No tune needed either, as he also related.

HLANDIS
01-21-2014, 08:31 PM
Will hi flow cats solve the abovementioned problems? About to do full exhaust with PCM and don't want those issues. Thanks.

Dan Cragin
01-30-2014, 10:24 PM
Taking off the cats is illegal and bad for the environment. Plenty of power and noise to be made with them!