PDA

View Full Version : My 2017 ACR E order

SharpMan
12-23-2016, 07:52 AM
After the bad news in September that FCA would not build my ACR-E I'd been working on with the dealer I'd pretty much moved on. Wasn't checking this site and, instead, was focussing on other projects. Well a week or so ago I got an email from Chrysler Canada saying they would now build me a car...though not a 1 of 1. Which is fine as I wasn't 100% committed to paying around $20,000 more for the paint.

In the end I've gone for a Gunmetal ACR-E with Brass Monkey wheels, carbon interior and x-brace, silver stitch and red belts. In Canada the car comes with the carbon ceramic brakes. Also, doesn't hurt that the man in charge of all design, Ralph Gilles, has a grey one...just saying' ;-)

I like the idea of a subtle (who am I kidding) Viper and I'll try adding stripes with vinyl and see how I like them. I do like the idea of being able to change the colour and design of the stripes and my 6 year old and I are already playing with the config to look at stripe combos. He likes red!

Very much looking forward to trying this hyped-up car. I've had a GT3, Ferrari 360, R8V10...looking forward to the raw, racer-like experience I've been reading about. Depending on how I find the ride I'm interested in those VE active dampers too.

ViperPete
12-23-2016, 08:06 AM
Looks great! I'm glad you decided to go ahead and get the Viper. You won't be disappointed.

swexlin
12-23-2016, 08:38 AM
Nice. Consider this - a friend of mine, who has tracked and owned many cars, including a 430 Scud, a Lotus, and a 991 GT3 (all now sold) says basically this is the best track car he's ever had.

Snorman
12-23-2016, 09:06 AM
I love the "subtle", no stripes look. That's one of the reasons I got a more low-key color (GTS-R blue). The stripes look awesome, and I really wrestled with stripes vs. no stripes but in the end I am VERY happy with my choice especially with the BM wheels.
IMO only, a car this outrageous looking (with a big splitter, canards, wing, vents everywhere, etc.) doesn't need any more attention, lol.
S.

Coloviper
12-23-2016, 10:16 AM
Cool! Brass monkey center band with yellow drives stripe would look awesome.

ACRSNK
12-23-2016, 02:55 PM
Wow! Wonder if FCA is getting back to those that actually placed orders in the system and then got the shaft prior to opening the order banks again. Nice color! One of my personal favorites.

darbgnik
12-23-2016, 03:08 PM
Congrats! Although now, with the Canadian Peso, I don't even want to know what that's gonna cost you.........

SSGNRDZ_28
12-23-2016, 05:37 PM
Exciting for you and I think it will look great. So many good colors to choose from, they all look good!

Ricketts
12-23-2016, 06:42 PM
Very cool, congrats!

Bruce H.
12-23-2016, 07:12 PM
That's great news, and a great build!

I hope you'll join our local chapter of the VOA and our growing group of owners that will be tracking at Mosport next year. I think there will be 5-6 ACR-E's if they all get delivered. Let me know if you'd like some event dates to attend.

Bruce

SharpMan
12-23-2016, 07:24 PM
Nice. Consider this - a friend of mine, who has tracked and owned many cars, including a 430 Scud, a Lotus, and a 991 GT3 (all now sold) says basically this is the best track car he's ever had.

Looking forward to finding out!

I love the "subtle", no stripes look. That's one of the reasons I got a more low-key color (GTS-R blue). The stripes look awesome, and I really wrestled with stripes vs. no stripes but in the end I am VERY happy with my choice especially with the BM wheels.
IMO only, a car this outrageous looking (with a big splitter, canards, wing, vents everywhere, etc.) doesn't need any more attention, lol.
S.

I'd love to see a pic of yours. I was very torn.

Cool! Brass monkey center band with yellow drives stripe would look awesome.

Indeed!

Wow! Wonder if FCA is getting back to those that actually placed orders in the system and then got the shaft prior to opening the order banks again. Nice color! One of my personal favorites.

I hope so. I don't really have any info other than they said they'd build it and should come in April.

Congrats! Although now, with the Canadian Peso, I don't even want to know what that's gonna cost you.........

No...you don't ;-)

Exciting for you and I think it will look great. So many good colors to choose from, they all look good!

Colour choice was driving me mental!

That's great news, and a great build!

I hope you'll join our local chapter of the VOA and our growing group of owners that will be tracking at Mosport next year. I think there will be 5-6 ACR-E's if they all get delivered. Let me know if you'd like some event dates to attend.

Bruce

Would love to. Let me know.

Snorman
12-23-2016, 07:43 PM
I'd love to see a pic of yours. I was very torn.

I love the color.
S.

HobokenViper
12-23-2016, 07:52 PM
I love the color.
S.

Absolutely one of the best colors ever on the Viper IMO!!!!! Beautiful car! I do like it even better with white racing stripes, but you really can't go wrong either way. Congrats!

SharpMan
12-23-2016, 09:20 PM
I love the color.
S.

Love it!

Snorman
12-23-2016, 09:32 PM
The gunmetal is a beautiful color as well. TONS of metallic in it and it looks great in the sun.
S.