PDA

View Full Version : SRT10 convertible, can it have headers & cats?

firefighter196
01-15-2014, 09:34 PM
I have a 2004 SRT convertible can I put headers and a set of cats on the car I would like it to be able to still pass an E-Test without having to modify it every time? If so what combination works best?

Garron
01-15-2014, 09:56 PM
I have a 2004 SRT convertible can I put headers and a set of cats on the car I would like it to be able to still pass an E-Test without having to modify it every time? If so what combination works best?

Headers work very well on a Gen 3 vert (2003-2006). In Ontario we have not had any issues with any of the main quality exhaust companys. Or the new computer drive clean and getting the vehicles to pass. 1998 and up vehicles pass with a computer check.

I would suggest coming to a club event and listening to all the exhaust systems. The most common exhaust mods on a gen 3 are:

Borla/mopar cat back (just mufflers)
Belanger full system (headers back)
American racing (headers back)
M&M headers (headers back)

Belanger is by far the most popular in Ontario. JonB at partsrack is a vender on here. Most of our members deal with him. (he saves me on brokerage into Canada everytime I deal with him)

A viper is not a high volume car. Depending what you have owned in the past you may find the exhaust expensive if you were to compare prices to a normal car like a mustang. The exhaust has to go through the body work on the car and not many people make parts for it.

I have had the Belanger full system on my 2004 (since 2007) and I am very happy with the system.

Post in the Ontario section and say hi, we are all friendly.

Garrett

Newport Viper
01-15-2014, 10:15 PM
Depends on the State.... if you live in one?