PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Luncheon

ViperPete
11-28-2016, 08:46 AM
Hey all!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

David (demoman) and I are planning a lunch get together in Orlando on Sunday December 11th.

Time: 12:30
Address: 4316 W. State Road 46
Sanford, FL 32771

Here is a link to the restaurant: https://route-46.com/

The venue really seems quite awesome. Beautiful show room and lots of old cars to check out. Best of all it looks like we will be able to park our cars INSIDE!

We were also talking about making part of this event to support a charity or local family for Christmas. Anyone have any ideas about this? Maybe we could bring some toys or something and then donate them.

Let me know.

DEMO MAN
11-28-2016, 10:43 AM
I've talked to a few Viper owners already and they definitely are up for it. I have a call in to owner/manager of Route 46 and I'm waiting to see what day we can get. I was thinking maybe meet at 11:30 so we can position cars in the courtyard for photos and the usual gawking session at all those Vipers in one spot.

On the charity part of this what does everyone think about maybe just adopting a local family for the holiday. We could just take up a collection at lunch, give whatever you can and then hand the cash over to the family to use as needed. I asked a local school if they knew of a family that could use some help, but we can also ask a local church too. We could even invite them to our lunch and we all pick up the tab. Any thoughts on this?

DEMO MAN
11-29-2016, 09:04 AM
I received email from the owner of Route 46, he says that Dec 11th would be best date for them. We haven't all got together for a while so I hope we have a really good showing. It's great food, great venue and a great cause. It would be impressive to see 25-30 Vipers all in one spot. If you're able to come please respond so we can give Route 46 an approx. count for lunch.

Pete +1
David+1
Pat+1
John

Please add your name and any coming with you. Thanks

MoparBoyy
11-30-2016, 06:22 AM
I received email from the owner of Route 46, he says that Dec 11th would be best date for them. We haven't all got together for a while so I hope we have a really good showing. It's great food, great venue and a great cause. It would be impressive to see 25-30 Vipers all in one spot. If you're able to come please respond so we can give Route 46 an approx. count for lunch.

Pete +1
David+1
Pat+1
John

Please add your name and any coming with you. Thanks

IN!

ViperPete
11-30-2016, 08:07 AM
Created a Facebook Event also to help with participation.

DEMO MAN
11-30-2016, 02:43 PM
Owner at Route 46 has confirmed we are good for Dec 11th at 11:30, the only thing he needs is a head count for lunch once we have a feel for how many are coming.

I asked my daughter who teaches at Woodlands Elementary about maybe a family in need that we could adopt for the holiday. She turned it over to the guidance counselor who asked if we decided to take up a collection at our lunch would it be ok if she bought presents for various kids vs one family and spread out the help we offered. I told her it was up to the group so I'm presenting it as an option to all. Anyone that has a suggestion please post it up and lets all decide what we want to do. I don't want anyone to feel that they have to donate anything so if you throw in a few dollars or not all is good.

Pete can you add this to the FB event you have posted also and ask if anyone has another suggestion, Thanks, David

ViperPete
11-30-2016, 04:20 PM
My suggestion is for those inclined to just bring some unwrapped toys. Don't need to make this terribly complex. Those that want to donate, can- those that don't want to- don't have to.

Its a Viper meet after all ;)

ssmith71
11-30-2016, 07:21 PM
My wife and I are planning to come.

XSnake
11-30-2016, 07:41 PM
I should be able to make it.

ViperPete
12-01-2016, 08:42 AM
Cool guys! Looking forward to seeing you!

Hey XSnake... So if i grabbed a dealer-plate from work.... can you bring your car ;)

MoparBoyy
12-01-2016, 12:19 PM
Cool guys! Looking forward to seeing you!

Hey XSnake... So if i grabbed a dealer-plate from work.... can you bring your car ;)

little far for him to drive it on slicks and no insurance.. lol

becrick1
12-02-2016, 11:29 AM
This is the first E-mail from this club,other then the the welcome E-mail. I am sorry but I will not attend. I will not be renewing my membership as it seams the club is not very active or I had not been added as a member. Thank you Robert Crick

Sam Goldfarb
12-02-2016, 01:19 PM
Happy Holidays to All!
Sam

ViperPete
12-02-2016, 01:25 PM
This is the first E-mail from this club,other then the the welcome E-mail. I am sorry but I will not attend. I will not be renewing my membership as it seams the club is not very active or I had not been added as a member. Thank you Robert Crick

Robert,

Sorry you feel that way. Perhaps if you contributed to the club and checked this forum frequently, you would be aware of the MANY Viper related meets that occur in Florida in general.

XSnake
12-02-2016, 03:20 PM
It "seams" as if your region might be better off without you anyway as your way of communicating your dissatisfaction SUCKS!

Completely uncalled for.....

Sam Goldfarb
12-02-2016, 03:36 PM
Completely uncalled for.....
I apologize and will mind my own business!

MoparBoyy
12-02-2016, 03:48 PM

Hi Robert, I just went thru a handful of club emails I sent out and verified that you have been on every single one of them.

First let me say welcome to the club? says you have been a member since Dec of 2015 yet this is your first post on the forums. I take massive offense to saying that there have been no emails since you've joined, yes we aren't as active or as big as some of the other regions but I am always looking for help. We have had many great events in 2016, including the national viper event in New Orleans! Did you attend? There have even been pictures in the magazines of our a couple of our events and the next one should have pictures from our biggest one to date. I verified you were also on those emails as well.

Thankfully to great members like Pete and David they have planned some great events without even asking them, as others have said membership is a two way street. You have never reached out to me, including responding to the email you just say you received.

I'm truly sorry for the way you feel and would love to have you come out to an event, member or not.

ViperPete
12-02-2016, 04:58 PM
Well said Alex. We're only human. Logistically setting up meets isn't an easy task.

We do what we can.

Either way- we always seem to have "non members" show up to events and that's just fine. Its for Viper owners and their friends, not strictly VOA members. Owners!!!!!

SmoknTires
12-02-2016, 07:18 PM
This is actually a good lesson - as the hardships of coordination include time and technical challenges (and the fact that it's thankless). I know on a national level the same can be experienced - I send emails to over 2000 people and I know of many who say they don't get them (luckily they read about things here and are aware that a notice or newsletter was missed - luckily as did becrick1). We often find that there's spam blockers involved, email addresses are wrong, domain blocks, etc... etc... (Our domain actually went through hell with ATT until we got that fixed).

Every leader of the club is sending notifications to members. If you're a member and not getting something, reach out to your president - there's almost always something getting in the way when it comes to technology. It's a two way street, presidents can't just make you looped in and fun just happens. Good clubs work both ways - members eager to have fun or contribute need to help themselves get involved. I won't share the long and funny story of when I first joined the club, but I will say the first year was uneventful - until I reached out and actually called attention to myself by seeking activities, friendships, etc... I look back on the experience knowing that this club is BY FAR the largest social impact I've had on my life that has led me through so many experiences I never would have had. Looking back on photos sometimes, it almost seems surreal.

So a good learning experience. Looking back 2- years ago when I first joined, remembering myself sitting there at a meeting and then later that night - still not feeling I was terrifically involved... and funny where I ended up. It all started when I showed up again and simply began exploring the group and realizing I had a responsibility to reach out. But one lesson I learned, be careful saying "hey, what can I do to help"... you may end up spending the rest of your life as club president. : )

DEMO MAN
12-06-2016, 09:31 AM
I need to give count to Route 46 for lunch, so far I have the following as confirmed.

Pete/Chloe
David/Jodie
Pat/Amy
John
Alex
Matt
Steve/Meg Smith
Chad
Kyle

Please let me know if anyone else plans to attend. Thanks, David

ViperPete
12-06-2016, 09:34 AM
I'll bring the truck too as long as i have someone to drive it down lol

DEMO MAN
12-06-2016, 09:39 AM
I'll bring the truck too as long as i have someone to drive it down lol

Find someone and I will try to bring another Viper truck also.

MoparBoyy
12-07-2016, 06:30 AM
+Mitch and Britt
+Corey
+Jim
+Tom

we are going to have a really good turnout!

DEMO MAN
12-07-2016, 09:14 AM
+Mitch and Britt
+Corey
+Jim
+Tom

we are going to have a really good turnout!

That's great! I have a few maybes I talked to but I will let Route 46 know we have approx. 20+ coming

MoparBoyy
12-10-2016, 06:28 AM
Sent out a reminder last night, looks like should be a great turnout!

ViperSRT
12-10-2016, 07:04 AM
Have fun everyone.

As to the other concern I can only say as a member that resides within 2 regions that the Central Florida club has been extremely kind and generous. I suggest that now the email aspect is resolved to give them a chance. Too much opportunity to waste.

ViperRT98
12-10-2016, 09:51 AM
I am trying to make it.....