PDA

View Full Version : Wrecked Stryker Purple 2016 ACR eBay

Purple Haze
11-23-2016, 08:22 AM
I was so bummed to see that new Stryker Purple 2016 GTC ACR on eBay that was wrecked. Was that the one posted here that was wrecked at the track? Asking 56K or something...I hope it can be fixed and repainted. Also hope the driver was OK. Hate to see that...

dewilmoth
11-23-2016, 08:35 AM
I was so bummed to see that new Stryker Purple 2016 GTC ACR on eBay that was wrecked. Was that the one posted here that was wrecked at the track? Asking 56K or something...I hope it can be fixed and repainted. Also hope the driver was OK. Hate to see that...

+1, hate to see that. It's the first crashed one I've seen on the Bay. Looks pretty well trashed, but always so hard to tell from pics.

q8blueviper
11-23-2016, 09:16 AM
Hate to see that too !
I think the best way to sell it in parts !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Dodge-Viper-GTC-/302145608494?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4659481b2e:g:fosAAOSwHMJYNHDv&item=302145608494

texasram
11-23-2016, 09:19 AM
Hate to see that too !
I think the best way to sell it by parts !

Carbon x brace and wing for me please!

sadil
11-23-2016, 09:26 AM
I hope it gets parted out instead of sold as is.

q8blueviper
11-23-2016, 09:38 AM
carbon ceramic brakes , wheels , front splitters , diffuser

AND THE REAR WING :-P

Boosted Motorsports
11-23-2016, 09:53 AM
Carbon x brace and wing for me please!

Looks like the X brace is already missing in the posted pictures. Frame definitely looks tweaked and i pushed up on the drivers side. Wonder if the frame can be straightened and still tolerate the high stresses the ACR puts on it?

RedTanRT/10
11-23-2016, 10:27 AM
Looks like the X brace is already missing in the posted pictures. Frame definitely looks tweaked and i pushed up on the drivers side. Wonder if the frame can be straightened and still tolerate the high stresses the ACR puts on it?

I'd say they removed the X brace 'cause it snapped.

Frame is bent, late model vipers never get totaled without frame damage.

Someone will rebuild this car, the correct way would be to buy a new front frame section but who knows what the buyer will do??

Purple Haze
11-23-2016, 11:05 AM
Someone picked that up at the factory and took the tour and now this so soon. Hard to look at...

ACRucrazy
11-23-2016, 11:37 AM
There has been a lot of discussion about this car on FB and the forums. The previous owner is on the forum. Member "jwalk"
The car is trashed and tweaked hard. Apparently the only thing that is "OK" is pass door and quarter. Bent frame etc, and the ebay seller has done a lot to "make it look good" prior to sale.

One of the '16 purple ACRs was a total loss after an off track excursion this summer. Driver walked away completely unharmed thank goodness but the car not so much.

Yep it was. Made me sick too.

Lots of body damage and bent frame.

AZTVR
11-23-2016, 11:58 AM
Sometimes bad "stuff" happens at the track. It can happen to anyone, especially if they are pushing the limit, or just have a momentary brain fart, or find a patch of coolant left by a ZR1.

As to the recommendations that seller should part it out instead of selling it as-is, the seller looks to be in the business of selling salvage vehicles, not parts.

sadil
11-23-2016, 11:58 AM
Yeah I thought that was the one. Not sure if its worth anything at this point.

Boosted Motorsports
11-23-2016, 11:59 AM
There has been a lot of discussion about this car on FB and the forums. The previous owner is on the forum. Member "jwalk"
The car is trashed and tweaked hard. Apparently the only thing that is "OK" is pass door and quarter. Bent frame etc, and the ebay seller has done a lot to "make it look good" prior to sale.

Do you have a link to the original thread? Would be interested to read the story on what happened.

Voice of Reason
11-23-2016, 12:24 PM
Yeah this is jwalk's old car, I saw them pull the car from the trees. The only untouched panel that I saw was the passenger rear quarter, every carbon fiber part had damage. That big beautiful wing was laying on the track torn off the last time I saw it. The drivetrain should be fine along with the interior. The rear diffuser *may* be ok (I didn't crawl down under it). But the rest is a loss.

Such a beautiful car too!

sadil
11-23-2016, 12:31 PM
Im sure the window still works better than mine :slap:

Fatboy 18
11-23-2016, 01:01 PM
Interior looks ok, Airbags seem not to have deployed.
Maybe not so much now, but all the parts would be worth something for future years, even the small parts.

How much is a front chassis clip?

ACRucrazy
11-23-2016, 01:32 PM
Interior looks ok, Airbags seem not to have deployed.
Maybe not so much now, but all the parts would be worth something for future years, even the small parts.

How much is a front chassis clip?
Considering a hood and wing alone will set you back 30k + paint...

Speedy G
11-23-2016, 01:33 PM
i want the wing!!

darbgnik
11-23-2016, 03:00 PM
At least it died a glorious death! Not from a kid looking at a cell phone.........

ACRSNK
11-23-2016, 03:07 PM
Hurts just looking at that.

ViperPete
11-23-2016, 03:39 PM
Does that pass front tire look completely bald to you guys?

BlknBlu
11-23-2016, 04:22 PM

The both look bald to me

Bruce

edc
11-23-2016, 04:49 PM
The both look bald to me

Bruce

i assumed they were some sort of Hoosier slicks or something?

AZTVR
11-23-2016, 05:02 PM

The both look bald to me

Bruce

Hoosier R7s don't have tread.

Bmw2nv2000
11-23-2016, 07:01 PM
Yeah I thought that was the one. Not sure if its worth anything at this point.

The drivetrain, brakes, and interior are worth $30k alone easy. Not counting the many other small valuable components that ate still good

Bmw2nv2000
11-23-2016, 07:05 PM
Oh and ive bought a viper to rebuild from 74auto in the past and he will be happy to tell you no frame damage even when the frame is fuc***. And take away the pulling he does on cars to make then look better to resale and screw buyers i wont buy from him again just cause hes a cocky bit**

Voice of Reason
11-23-2016, 07:40 PM
I hope NO ONE buys it thinking they can rebuild it. I don't remember the exact figure I heard to fix everything but it was WELL north what my TA is worth today.

These pics should serve as something different though. Accidents can happen even to the BEST drivers. Jwalker is an absolute machine when on track. He posted the best times all season for the IL region and earned 1st place for the season despite the wreck. In auto cross he would have won 1st place for the season had it not been for the wreck (our last auto x was after the wreck).

As a footnote the region isn't returning to the track where the accident happened. We are exploring alternative venues but for sure Blackhawk Farms is not one of them. At the speeds Vipers run on the course it's simple too dangerous with its trees everywhere.

Mbccenter
11-23-2016, 08:08 PM
I won't touch a car that has been pre pulled to look good. It makes the job much harder to get right. I have repaired worse but the biggest problem with this one other then the price that is to high is the fact it will take forever to get parts and you will have more into it then just buying a used one.

jwalk
11-23-2016, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the kind words Rob. Yes its hard to look at. In my mind its a parts car. I cant imagine anyone putting the money it would take to fix it in a salvage title car. The frame is bent and the X-brace was broke at 3 of the 4 ends.

XSTAR
11-23-2016, 09:25 PM
Yikes, things happen and at speeds the vipers can carry simply glad everyone was ok!

Mark1107
11-23-2016, 10:52 PM
Jwalk with all due respect, can we ask how it happened? Did the tires break loose? Did the fronts slide?

I have a Stryker green 14 GTS I almost went into a guardrail and off a cliff on little tijunga rd by Angeles Crest Highway in CA, my front tires were bald on the Stryker GTS...I also totaled an orange corvette and scratched another car the first day I owned it.

Mark1107
11-23-2016, 10:55 PM
Fwiw I have a buddy with a body shop. I was thinking of purchasing it for cash and I could put 20k in it and have it street legal! He would straighten the frame for free.

1ststrike
11-23-2016, 11:08 PM
They are slicks and drivers air bag did deploy

Jack B
11-23-2016, 11:23 PM
You will have over 20K in the hood/stripes

Fwiw I have a buddy with a body shop. I was thinking of purchasing it for cash and I could put 20k in it and have it street legal! He would straighten the frame for free.

Mark1107
11-23-2016, 11:42 PM
My buddy can fix the hood. No way I would have it repainted at prefix, my buddy could do the stripes! It's always going to be a salvage car. Branded title.

jwalk
11-23-2016, 11:56 PM
Jwalk with all due respect, can we ask how it happened? Did the tires break loose? Did the fronts slide?

I have a Stryker green 14 GTS I almost went into a guardrail and off a cliff on little tijunga rd by Angeles Crest Highway in CA, my front tires were bald on the Stryker GTS...I also totaled an orange corvette and scratched another car the first day I owned it.

Went a little too deep into a turn , missed the apex , which pushed me out of grip line and I couldn't keep it on track. I went off straight but couldn't turn , hit a sand berm, went airborne into the woods and hit a tree. At first glance in this area one would think you would have time to turn but I just did have any traction and was going too fast. With regards to the track, there are trees, guard rails and tire walls a lot closer than where I went off. Not much margin for error.
I was told that aside from the cost which would be extremely high that parts for the gen 5 would be hard to find. FCA has many on tight allocation. I personally could stand the sight of seeing it destroyed for the time it would take to fix it. Then would it ever drive straight. After the impact , I baled out of the car for fear of it catching fire, grabbed my wing and ran out of the overgrown woods. Before getting in the ambulance to get checked out I forgot to mention to the safety crew I left the drivers door open, which WAS undamaged until it got hung up on a tree when pulling the car out of the woods. Yes it did the Tommyboy thing, scene from the movie. Anyway, Mark good luck if you buy it , but there is a lot of damage. J

Mark1107
11-24-2016, 12:16 AM
Thank you for sharing with us. My wife would divorce me if I bought it. I got my 16 ACR the day after my daughter was born. We're looking for a new house so I'm forbidden from more cars, lol.

I sincerely hope you were insured?

Are you getting another one?

Ps I might buy it and hide at my office, lol. My wife would never know.

Nick TA
11-24-2016, 01:27 AM
If anyone here buys the car to part out I'm interested in the wing and brakes. And jwalk, sorry to see that happen and glad you're alright.

Fatboy 18
11-24-2016, 02:09 AM
I always get scared when I see cars like this, sometimes they end up being shipped out of the country (as spares) and are then rebuilt by some unscrupulous garage who then claim to know no knowledge of the cars history :mad:

I would be nice if someone did buy it for spares and kept a photo record of the car being stripped down to the frame.

Sorry for your Loss jwalk and thanks for the story of how it happened. I bet going airborne was an interesting moment!!!!
The great thing is all said and done, You made it out OK :)

Vprbite
11-24-2016, 03:12 AM
Glad you are ok! I am well aware of what trees can do to you.

Yeah once the frame is tweaked, that's pretty much it. I would hate to see someone screwed by buying it thinking they can make it driveable with some sweat equity. It would be a hell of a project and if the CF is damaged, parts alone will kill ya.

Purple Haze
11-24-2016, 07:45 AM
Jwalk glad you're OK and thanks for the data...Yes it could have been worse. Hope you can get another one...

Martin
11-24-2016, 11:40 AM
Seeing as it's the twin to the car I have on order, I was looking at it as a donor car. Believe it or not, it's in less bad shape than my Gen IV ACR was after my wreck - and that one got rebuilt and is driving around somewhere on the east coast now.

Price for this is way too high, though. I'd be interested at $25k, but not at $50k. Insurance company must have set the buy-back at a really crazy price. Sad to see such a nice car get wrecked, but these things do happen.

jwalk
11-24-2016, 12:54 PM
Thanks all. Teamtech harness , helmet and airbag all did its job. Zero injuries. What hurts the worst was seeing and knowing what I did to that beautiful car. Nick the brakes should be fine on the car as for the wing , the uprights both broke off on impact in the bottom of the carbon fiber got scraped in gouged up a little. The end plate on the left side got been a little bit also. Don't know if you can fix scratched or gouged carbon fiber. It would probably have to be painted. I do have a 2017 coming same basic car and color minus the black stripe. Plus brass monkey wheels.

Mark1107
11-24-2016, 04:13 PM
Were you insured?

Thanks all. Teamtech harness , helmet and airbag all did its job. Zero injuries. What hurts the worst was seeing and knowing what I did to that beautiful car. Nick the brakes should be fine on the car as for the wing , the uprights both broke off on impact in the bottom of the carbon fiber got scraped in gouged up a little. The end plate on the left side got been a little bit also. Don't know if you can fix scratched or gouged carbon fiber. It would probably have to be painted. I do have a 2017 coming same basic car and color minus the black stripe. Plus brass monkey wheels.

jwalk
11-24-2016, 06:03 PM
Were you insured?

Yes

Mark1107
11-24-2016, 06:26 PM
Awesome. Please post up pictures of your new baby.

Mark1107
12-03-2016, 12:46 AM
Somebody bought your old baby! I was going to put a bid on it... oh well

ViperDC
12-03-2016, 04:18 PM
Seeing as it's the twin to the car I have on order, I was looking at it as a donor car. Believe it or not, it's in less bad shape than my Gen IV ACR was after my wreck - and that one got rebuilt and is driving around somewhere on the east coast now.

Price for this is way too high, though. I'd be interested at $25k, but not at $50k. Insurance company must have set the buy-back at a really crazy price. Sad to see such a nice car get wrecked, but these things do happen.

$25k? I bet you would. The drivetrain is nearly worth that alone.

- - - Updated - - -

I do have a 2017 coming same basic car and color minus the black stripe. Plus brass monkey wheels.

The brass monkey wheels are going to look sweet with the purple.

texasram
12-03-2016, 04:30 PM
wonder why this thread wasnt moved but as soon as i post pics of a few scratches on mine its imedietely moved..huh....

Martin
12-04-2016, 10:14 AM
$25k? I bet you would. The drivetrain is nearly worth that alone.

I know - and when I crashed my Gen IV ACR, it was in similar shape except that the wing was completely undamaged. Everyone I talked to thought I should part it out and could get $50k for the parts alone. I thought I could get $50k for it on parts value alone, but the best I could do was about $20k as a haul away (didn't really want to deal with the experience of tearing it apart myself and waiting for the right buyers to come along and want the individual parts). Considering the black cloud hanging over Gen V engines these days, a used one that clearly would carry no warranty isn't going to be worth what a bulletproof Gen IV engine with similar miles is worth, either.

So, if someone paid $50k+ for it, I applaud them for doing it. High prices paid are good for everyone. After my experience trying to get decent money for my car in similar shape, I would have only bid $25k tops for the car.

Arizona Vipers
12-05-2016, 10:43 PM
It looks like it sold. The ebay listing ended because "item is no longer available". Did anyone here buy it?

SADVIPER
12-06-2016, 09:19 AM
The pics hurt my heart, sorry for your loss and glad you are ok.
Becareful with your next snake :)

bluesrt
12-06-2016, 09:22 AM
track car material now, put a cage in it

Mbccenter
12-06-2016, 11:44 AM
I have built more Vipers than anyone I have ever heard of and I wish that person luck on there build.

Voice of Reason
12-06-2016, 12:18 PM
It will be back up for sale. When the person goes to pick it up they're going to back out on buying it.