PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Viper Production Numbers

Bitten
01-14-2014, 05:46 PM
Does anyone know if breakdown of 2013 cars is available? I am looking at several cars and considering purchasing a Gen V. Also any input from Gen V owners and their experience so far would be helpful. I have 2 Gen III cars and would be selling them to buy the Gen V. I have looked at several white cars and one grey car, all GTS some 13's and some 14's.

ViperSmith
01-14-2014, 06:00 PM
ViperJeff I think has the full breakdown.

I love my Gen V to death - it is my first high HP vehicle and my first Viper. It is everything I ever expected a Viper to be and more.

I've had relatively minor issues with it. I had the carpet replaced because it pulled from under the sill, a LED burnt out in the headlight which was replaced as well. SRT had them fixed immediately.

I haven't tracked mine yet but it is on the schedule for next year. I wish I had waited for prices to come down, but such is life. I'd do it all over again given the chance.

I'd have picked a few minor options differently this go around though.

Bitten
01-14-2014, 06:18 PM
ViperJeff I think has the full breakdown.

I love my Gen V to death - it is my first high HP vehicle and my first Viper. It is everything I ever expected a Viper to be and more.

I've had relatively minor issues with it. I had the carpet replaced because it pulled from under the sill, a LED burnt out in the headlight which was replaced as well. SRT had them fixed immediately.

I haven't tracked mine yet but it is on the schedule for next year. I wish I had waited for prices to come down, but such is life. I'd do it all over again given the chance.

I'd have picked a few minor options differently this go around though.

There are two white 2013 cars one with silver stripes and one with no stripes with significant discounts. I never really liked white but I think the white with the stripes looks really good and its something different. We haven't made a firm decision yet, it depends on what I can get for my 2006 SRT Coupe. I want to be able to put a large amount down. The car with the stripes is heavily optioned with the black wheels. Thanks for your feedback!!!

VENOM V
01-14-2014, 06:23 PM
Nearly 6,000 miles, 4 tracks driven hard, and the car is like new. No problems at all. It is a solid piece of engineering. I don't think you'll find a Gen V owner that is not passionately in love with his snake, LOL

Nine Ball
01-14-2014, 07:09 PM
I've had my '06 coupe since '06, and it has 15K miles on it now. My '13 SRT already has 7400 miles on it, in less than a year. It is just a better car to drive around in. If I didn't have a ton of modifications and investment in my '06, I'd have sold it already. I only keep it because it is fast. :)

Tony

Allan
01-14-2014, 08:01 PM
I've had my '06 coupe since '06, and it has 15K miles on it now. My '13 SRT already has 7400 miles on it, in less than a year. It is just a better car to drive around in. If I didn't have a ton of modifications and investment in my '06, I'd have sold it already. I only keep it because it is fast. :)

TonyIs it really that much better?

I am still trying to resist buying one, but who knows how that's gonna work out...............

Nine Ball
01-15-2014, 08:03 AM
Is it really that much better?

I am still trying to resist buying one, but who knows how that's gonna work out...............

Vs the Gen 3, they drive similar. Steering is much tighter in the Gen 5. Brakes identical, seating position and blind spots are all identical. The reverse camera is awesome. The transmission is much more precise feeling, the clutch pedal is softer. The ride isn't as harsh as the Gen 3. The seats are more firm, but still comfortable. The car feels tighter/rigid, which is hard to believe just hearing that, since I always felt my Gen 3 was very stiff. Less road and wind noise. The interior is much, much nicer - and I only have the SRT base interior with leather. I also like all the exposed carbon on the car, and how the hood opens forward again. Value wise, the SRT with the track pack is the way to go. Or, find one of those ultra-discounted GTS cars.

JETSTAR
01-15-2014, 10:08 AM
Love mine and I have almost 7000 miles so far
The car is just a joy to drive

SilveRT8
01-16-2014, 02:43 AM
Vs the Gen 3, they drive similar. Steering is much tighter in the Gen 5. Brakes identical, seating position and blind spots are all identical. The reverse camera is awesome. The transmission is much more precise feeling, the clutch pedal is softer. The ride isn't as harsh as the Gen 3. The seats are more firm, but still comfortable. The car feels tighter/rigid, which is hard to believe just hearing that, since I always felt my Gen 3 was very stiff. Less road and wind noise. The interior is much, much nicer - and I only have the SRT base interior with leather. I also like all the exposed carbon on the car, and how the hood opens forward again. Value wise, the SRT with the track pack is the way to go. Or, find one of those ultra-discounted GTS cars.

Just like the man said, but I would add (compared to my Gen4, wich I had 4 years and 19K miles): no more tramlining or following ruts in the road, this car goes straight and can be safely driven with one hand. My GTS is squeak free, better isolated from road and tire noise, less disturbing cabin heat from the exhaust or very little, and rides smoother in street setting. Bluetooth, Nav, Apps and back-up camera are very usefull for dayly driving and the 18 speakers radio sounds really good too. If, like me you're an average to good driver, but not a Pro, than Traction Control is a fantastic tool to have. After spinning my Gen4 on the track once or feeling the back end getting sideways when flooring hard, I was always afraid of the brutal reaction in my Gen4 but the 5 is always in control and a charming Track monster.
After letting a few of my local Viper Club members drive my car, they all came back with a huge smile and one of them (hardcore)summed it up :
Yep! It's still a Viper!

JonB ~ PartsRack
01-16-2014, 01:11 PM

Short Answer: YES!!!

Long answer: http://www.allpar.com/reviews/13/viper.html (http://www.allpar.com/reviews/13/viper.html)

05Commemorative
01-16-2014, 03:24 PM
Back to the original question, does someone have the 2013 breakdown of SRT vs GTS and color combo's? We know 150 blue/white Launch editions and 50? red/track pack srt? Seems like a ton of black ones (~30% of those for sale).

I thought I saw someone posted 2014 info, but did not think it include 2013 info.

ViperSmith
01-16-2014, 04:07 PM
Back to the original question, does someone have the 2013 breakdown of SRT vs GTS and color combo's? We know 150 blue/white Launch editions and 50? red/track pack srt? Seems like a ton of black ones (~30% of those for sale).

I thought I saw someone posted 2014 info, but did not think it include 2013 info.

There were 100 red track pack SRT built for 2013 - only 25 more SRT models were built for 2013...

JonB ~ PartsRack
01-16-2014, 05:10 PM
Maurice should have it in Viper Quarterly very soon.

ViperGeorge
01-16-2014, 05:21 PM
Gen 5 is definitely superior to a Gen 3 or 4. I'm still not crazy over the seats as they seem to hurt my back some. I may have to play with the position some more. Looks wise, killer from the side and rear but the front grille should be body color IMO. In fact just bought a new grille and had it painted. I'll replace it soon. White is awesome with stripes. Here's my 14 GTS.

Coloviper
01-16-2014, 05:44 PM
Those pictures are recycled by you George. Need new pictures! Also we showing up early to the Holiday Party in a little over two weeks. Ready for a passenger seat ride to see how bad these seats really are. Ha! Ha! I agree with you though; white is an amazing color on this car.

You should by another rear taillight panel and paint it white with black stripes carrying through it. Not sure if someone should play checkers back there at the moment.

Joel
01-16-2014, 08:05 PM
Allan, I'm with you. I have modded my 2003 so I really like it. I can't drive it to its full potential but I have made some changes that make it a hoot on the track. I saw a beautiful 2013 at a local dealer - steel grey (whatever color that is) - but list was $113K and I'm sure my old car is worth nothing as a trade. All the numbers I've seen don't convince me it is better - certainly not $70K better. More features yes, but measurably better - maybe? But for me, until the top goes down, I won't be a player. And I guess the brand new cars may just be too pricey for me anyway.

Bitten
01-16-2014, 10:19 PM

This is the car I am looking at 2014 GTS Gunmetal Grey with the Sepia Laguna interior