PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Seca 11 25 Track Day and VOA Dinner

VENOM V
11-14-2016, 02:29 PM
Join your Viper brethren and sistren at Laguna Seca, where the 2016 ACR demolished the track record with a blistering 1:28.65 lap!!! Share your track stories over dinner at Tarpy's Roadhouse...

NorCal VOA Dinner
Wrap up your day at the track with a dinner hosted by yours truly, Todd Solomon at Tarpy's Roadhouse (open to all VOA members and their guests). Menu choices: Smoked Chicken Gnudi, Smoked Baby Back Ribs, Stuffed Portobello Mushroom, or Tarpy's Cobb Salad. Dinners include a soft drink, coffee or iced tea. Click "Register Now" for the dinner.

Dinner at Tarpy's at 6pm, $37 per person:

https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?oeidk=a07edeygpot8244bda0&oseq=&c=f12f7ff0-f535-11e2-af96-d4ae527b8053&ch=f132b440-f535-11e2-af96-d4ae527b8053

NorCal Shelby Club Track Event
Experience the thrill of on-track driving, learn the limits of your car and improve your driving abilities. All registrants must comply with safety, tech, and all other requirements stated on the website.

Register with the NorCal Shelby Club:

http://www.norcal-saac.org/turkeybowl/

•92 dB sound limit: Mufflers are required...no open exhausts allowed. Track Operations monitor run groups and enforce the required sound limit
•Roll Bars: Convertible and RT/10 Vipers must have aftermarket roll bars in order to be eligible for this event.
•Liability Insurance: The track event is not sponsored by the NorCal VOA therefore our club does not provide liability insurance. However, the Nor Cal Shelby Club offers insurance for our members.
•Track Damage Insurance: Protect your Viper by purchasing track-day insurance from Lockton Motorsports since most personal auto insurance policies don't cover track damage. Sign up on Lockton website:

https://locktonmotorsports.com/product/hpde-insurance (https://locktonmotorsports.com/product/hpde-insurance)

Scroll down to "HPDE Single-Event Insurance", click "Find an Event" and then search "Shelby American Auto Club-NorCal" on Nov 25 event at Laguna Seca. You will need your VIN.

Questions? Contact me at (408) 391-1379. Have fun and be safe.

Todd

viperr
12-12-2016, 08:22 PM
I have been looking for information about running at Laguna Seca. I see the Northern California club runs there and would like to know if there will be more than 1 date in 2017 or do you have several run dates. I am in Washington State and that track is in a good location for me. Now that I have a Gen V it seems like tracks are closer because of the way it makes driving long distances a lot easier.

I would like to get any info on upcoming dates where Vipers will be running several cars.

VENOM V
12-14-2016, 11:52 AM
Hi, unfortunately Laguna is dead to me until they hold a high-dB day. I typically get 15 or 20 Vipers on a high-dB day, but I was the ONLY Viper registered for this 92 dB event. Gen V's are around 94 dB, so no one else wanted to go. I have just found out that there are apparently no high-dB days for 2017 either, which totally sucks. The damn enviro-nazi residents near the track are killing this historic track with over-regulation.

For future Viper track days, I'm going to focus on Thunderhill, Buttonwillow and Sonoma. Feel free to PM me any time you'd like, I'll try to join you!

Todd

RedTanRT/10
12-14-2016, 12:45 PM
Todd,

Yeah, I looked at their calendar and all restricted, no NASA and Speed Ventures is 92. How can we get into the AMG events????

How did you do the Friday after Thanksgiving??? Any sound issues?? My comp coupe has a very quiet exhaust, I got to believe its only 1-2 db's higher than stock so I'm temped to run the SV event in May/June, but that's a long haul if I get black flagged.

Let me know, thanks, Mike

viperr
12-15-2016, 12:07 AM
It is too bad about the noise restrictions at Laguna Seca. I run a stock Gen V, so it looks like that is out. I am looking in to Thunderhill and Sonoma as those are 2 tracks I would like to run. When I decide to run one of them (or both) this year I will post your forum to see if any other Viper people might also be going. Thanks again for the info and I hope to see some of you there.

fuggles
12-15-2016, 01:21 AM
I know there is a guy who runs a gen V with NCRC at Laguna with the 92db limit. Maybe he lifts, I don't know. Sound level will depend on the air density among other things. Winter would be worse. I am planning to go with BMWCCA in March and Speed Ventures in June. It would be cool to see another viper. :)

serpent
01-22-2017, 01:30 AM
The residents that decided to live next to a damn track should have no say about noise. It's like moving next to an airport and complaining about the planes taking off and landing.

Vprbite
01-22-2017, 10:06 AM
The residents that decided to live next to a damn track should have no say about noise. It's like moving next to an airport and complaining about the planes taking off and landing.

That's the way things go these days. Here, someone bought land near a shooting range that had been there since 1967 and immediately tried to get it shut down.

If a stock viper doesn't qualify, I don't know any track specific vehicles of any make that will. At least none of the ones my friends own.