PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Viper mechanic near Charlotte NC

Lemur
11-14-2016, 08:58 AM
I use Keffer Dodge for my 2014 since it's under warranty, but I'm buying another 2nd gen and I'd prefer not to pay dealer labor rates. At a minimum, I'm going to need a full exhaust put on. If I get carried away, the Roe blower. Any suggestions?

Bill Pemberton
11-14-2016, 10:01 AM
Get ahold of Tom Sessions down near Wilmington. Not super close , but easily one of the top 5 best Viper Techs in the US and one who actually has worked on Gen IIs. Half of the new guys have seldom worked on Gen IIs , nor do they even know how to work on them or are aware of the various issues.

His number is ....910-228-8477

Email is ....tomsessionsmotorsports@gmail.com

Lemur
11-14-2016, 10:09 AM
Get ahold of Tom Sessions down near Wilmington. Not super close , but easily one of the top 5 best Viper Techs in the US and one who actually has worked on Gen IIs. Half of the new guys have seldom worked on Gen IIs , nor do they even know how to work on them or are aware of the various issues.

His number is ....91-228-8477

Email is ....tomsessionsmotorsports@gmail.com

I appreciate the help but he's way too far from Charlotte. It's about the side ride between Philadelphia and Boston....

Bill Pemberton
11-14-2016, 10:22 AM
Oh, I know the distance , but folks come to see him from a lot farther away than that, and you could easily blow a ton of dough with some newbie who is unaware of issues or how to repair the Gen IIs. Plus Tom has a trailer and he often picks up folks vehicles , especially if he is coming back empty. Check with your fellow Snakecharmers in NC , believe you will hear a lot of reports that this could be in your best interest!?

Lemur
11-14-2016, 10:26 AM
Oh, I know the distance , but folks come to see him from a lot farther away than that, and you could easily blow a ton of dough with some newbie who is unaware of issues or how to repair the Gen IIs. Plus Tom has a trailer and he often picks up folks vehicles , especially if he is coming back empty. Check with your fellow Snakecharmers in NC , believe you will hear a lot of reports that this could be in your best interest!?

Interesting, I'll think about that a bit. It would be hard to bring a full exhaust system out there while driving :)

Bill Pemberton
11-14-2016, 10:30 AM
As noted , just call, for all you know he is in the area. Heck he just got back from over two weeks working on cars for the Indiana/Kentucky Club members -- all the work there was done in the Indianapolis area.

Lemur
11-14-2016, 10:33 AM
As noted , just call, for all you know he is in the area. Heck he just got back from over two weeks working on cars for the Indiana/Kentucky Club members -- all the work there was done in the Indianapolis area.

Oh, wow, very cool. I will give him a call once I source my headers and cat-back. I'm going to try to find them used before I buy them new.

If the car isn't registered I wonder if he/they/the dealer/anyone will give me a hard time about taking the cats off. I know it's technically illegal on a road car, but if mine isn't registered and I say it's a "track car" maybe they'll do it?

Bill Pemberton
11-14-2016, 10:38 AM
Save up your money and get a new set of headers ( Belangers). Half of those old units (other brand headers ) did not even put out decent power and an old set you could get and spend a bunch of money finding parts , bolts , etc. Some fit horribly back then and many Gen II sets are no longer made. Just my personal opinion , but we see so many cobbled up units and invariably they need to be replaced.

Lemur
11-14-2016, 10:43 AM
Save up your money and get a new set of headers ( Belangers). Half of those old units did not even put out decent power and an old set you could get and spend a bunch of money finding parts , bolts , etc. Some fit horribly back then and many Gen II sets are no longer made. Just my personal opinion , but we see so many cobbled up units and invariably they need to be replaced.

Oh I didn't know that, I had assumed they were all the same. So maybe suck it up and get the new headers, but wait for a used Corsa cat back? I definitely want Belanger headers and a Corsa cat-back. I had the Belanger cat back and it was unpleasantly loud, and I never thought I'd say that a car is too loud, but my hearing loss is real.

Bill Pemberton
11-14-2016, 10:45 AM
Won't be as loud since going out the back, but stay away from the Borla --- lousy drone on the old cars.

Lemur
11-14-2016, 10:48 AM
Won't be as loud since going out the back, but stay away from the Borla --- lousy drone on the old cars.

Yeah I'm committed to the Corsa, I've listened to them all over and over and I'm going to wait as long as necessary for one

Ricketts
11-14-2016, 11:04 AM
Another vote for Tom, can't say enough good things about him.

Steve-Indy
11-14-2016, 05:08 PM
Tom works on Vipers from states all over the east coast mid south, and Midwest. He often transports up to two at a time. Skip the keyboard, make some phone calls...starting with Tom at 910-228-8477.

Lemur
11-14-2016, 05:12 PM
Tom works on Vipers from states all over the east coast mid south, and Midwest. He often transports up to two at a time. Skip the keyboard, make some phone calls...starting with Tom at 910-228-8477.

I don't want to bother him yet, because the car isn't in my possession yet, but I will keep his number

Steve-Indy
11-14-2016, 05:41 PM
Best of luck to you...I think you will really enjoy the Gen II.

Lemur
11-14-2016, 09:46 PM
Best of luck to you...I think you will really enjoy the Gen II.

Oh I will, I had one before so I know what to expect :)

braunstein82
11-14-2016, 11:07 PM
Tom is the absolute best person to go to, he is the best price for service and charges minimal price to pick it up. He has picked mine up from Cameron, nc before. Tony Sawyer at jts viper performance in Denver is also highly recommended. Not sure his experience with gen 5 thou. Might even get a better price being a voa member. If your willing to go to garner, capital cjd is a voa sponsor and give members a good discount on everything.

Lemur
11-14-2016, 11:42 PM
Tom is the absolute best person to go to, he is the best price for service and charges minimal price to pick it up. He has picked mine up from Cameron, nc before. Tony Sawyer at jts viper performance in Denver is also highly recommended. Not sure his experience with gen 5 thou. Might even get a better price being a voa member. If your willing to go to garner, capital cjd is a voa sponsor and give members a good discount on everything.

What is Garner Capital CJD?

My friend had a terrible experience at JTS Venom, and he gave me a very harsh warning to never use them

braunstein82
11-15-2016, 12:10 AM
Capital Chrysler jeep and dodge in garner NC

outnumbered
11-15-2016, 03:02 AM
Tony Sawyer at JTSVP Performance in Denver NC....right up Hwy 16. A LOT of experience on Older Viper motors, and can get you the Bellanger headers and supercharger.

Lemur
11-15-2016, 08:59 AM
Capital Chrysler jeep and dodge in garner NC

A bit far, and still a dealer, so I'd probably go to my local viper tech first if going to a dealer, but I'd really like to find someone in Charlotte that's more affordable than a dealer

Tony Sawyer at JTSVP Performance in Denver NC....right up Hwy 16. A LOT of experience on Older Viper motors, and can get you the Bellanger headers and supercharger.

Hey Ron, we've met before, a friend of ours in Charlotte just had a really bad experience there, they damaged his car and left it in a really bad state.

CarolinaViper
11-15-2016, 10:40 AM
Yeah I'm committed to the Corsa, I've listened to them all over and over and I'm going to wait as long as necessary for one

You can not go wrong with Tom, Also, here is an idea...ask Tom if you can have the items ship to his shop, that way you don't have to worry about hauling them up there if you plan on driving you Viper to his shop. As everyone has said, tom is the Best.

Jeff

Tom Sessions
11-15-2016, 12:50 PM
Thanks for all the support! GIve a call and we can talk about what you would like to do.

ntw0rk
06-09-2017, 12:14 PM
This surprises me... a LOT. Ron and I have known Tony for a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if there is more to the story than you are being told.

No hemi
06-11-2017, 10:02 AM
I'm with Ron and Ntwork, I always take all my vipers to Tony, and he's always done top notch job and cheaper than others.