PDA

View Full Version : Ouch...food for thought

F2V
01-13-2014, 04:12 PM
http://autos.aol.com/article/dealership-employee-totals-camaro-zl1-during-joyride/?icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl6%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D429826

ViperSmith
01-13-2014, 04:21 PM
Yeah, I saw that elsewhere already.

A shitty situation all around. IMHO they deserve to be rightly compensated for the damage. Brand new car? No, but one that was comparable to the one they had. The couple shouldn't be damaged financially because the dealer didn't adequately protect the vehicle (they are trying to claim the guy stole it, but lets be honest to how many crashed Vipers there are, we know it is just negligence)

hawk02
01-13-2014, 04:37 PM
They should get a new one due to the way the dealer is treating them and the car was the dealers responsibility..

ACRucrazy
01-13-2014, 05:02 PM
Yeap if they cant replace it with a like model they should get a new on IMO. A 2 owner, higher mileage, less options previous accident history does not = like car.

Dealer is gonna get raked over the coals on this one. Not the first or last time we have heard of this type of situation.

Thawk97
01-16-2014, 08:53 AM
Resolution: http://www.autoblog.com/2014/01/15/wrecked-camaro-zl1-new-replacement/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000588

Troublemaker
01-16-2014, 10:09 AM
Its a decent resolution, but I would make sure this impacts the dealership. Lifetime warranty? Who knows. But if they didnt compensate me in some way, word of mouth about them would not be good to friends and family. Impact their bottom line, whether they now it or not.

ViperSmith
01-16-2014, 10:33 AM
IMHO the "resolution" is sort of lack luster. The dealership who harmed him did nothing to help him.

I wouldn't have had much to say that was nice like he did over the dealership who he dealt with. But props to the other dealership for stepping up.

Amazing dealerships haven't figured out how "word of mouth" works yet in the digital age.

C.J
01-16-2014, 08:03 PM
First State's rational seems flawed. The dealership took possession of the vehicle from the owners for service. I would have thought that the dealership is then responsible for the security of the vehicle as long as it has possession of the keys. The fact that the employee took the car out (which should also make you wonder about their employee hiring process) while it was in the dealer's possession shouldn't release the dealership from liability.

What a cluster.

Voice of Reason
01-16-2014, 08:49 PM
It's times like this that I'm reminded why it's a wonderful thing to be married to a very feisty lawyer. My wife would relish the opportunity to go to court over something like this. Court is her "stage" and she loves performing. Needless to say I'd never have this need with my Viper though, I have complete faith in my dealer :)