ViperSmith
01-11-2014, 11:45 PM
Mmmm hot

http://i.imgur.com/RjxJDnv.png

From SRT Facebook page

Brian GTS
01-11-2014, 11:47 PM
Article....

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1089640_2014-srt-viper-gets-mid-grade-gt-model-stryker-green-color

ACRucrazy
01-11-2014, 11:58 PM
Yep...

FLATOUT
01-12-2014, 12:00 AM
Interesting.

ACRucrazy
01-12-2014, 12:03 AM
They need to stop with these special editions and get to the real deal.. love the color though!!

Policy Limits
01-12-2014, 12:34 AM
Love it!!!

SWEEN
01-12-2014, 12:54 AM
Love the color.

Whats interesting is that it says its going to have a model that has a prototype rear wing and prototype front splitter, last time SRT did that the car turned out to be the ACR.

mnc2886
01-12-2014, 01:05 AM
I'm in love.....

I'm hoping December will be an expensive month for me this year!!!

rw99
01-12-2014, 01:19 AM
Ahhh, crap.

DreadLox
01-12-2014, 02:40 AM
Ahhh, crap.

^Exactly, there's no way the wife would condone another viper lol..... At least not for another few more years. I really like that color tho!!! It does extremely well with the new style. I'm excited to see what the future holds!

kdaviper
01-12-2014, 03:06 AM
$5600 and you can get it on the SRT model too! A lot cheaper than Stryker Red!

DreadLox
01-12-2014, 03:14 AM
Wait I just read the article (before I just was distracted by pictures!) they are making a "GT" model? How many models are they thinking about lol!? They still have the Roadster model... And by God they better do an ACR edition. So that would make, including the roadster and ACR, 6 different models.

kdaviper
01-12-2014, 03:29 AM
no, there's a Grand Touring package which can be ordered on the SRT model, bringing to it some of the features of the GTS .

hawk02
01-12-2014, 05:11 AM
Looks and sounds a lot better than Competition Blue, Venomous Blue sounds better for a Viper............

2010.Blue.White.ACR
01-12-2014, 05:21 AM
Love the color and the wing

GBS
01-12-2014, 05:44 AM
It looks great!

http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/2014-dodge-viper_100452277_l.jpg

01sapphirebob
01-12-2014, 06:54 AM
Yes!!

VRYALT3R3D
01-12-2014, 07:11 AM
Awesome!

Hopefully a Viper like this will run better times then the ACR-X

Hopefully the rear spoiler and front splitter will be orderable through MOPAR.

VRYALT3R3D
01-12-2014, 07:14 AM
rear spoiler design is different then the 2010 ACR:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/01/viper133---04.jpg

VRYALT3R3D
01-12-2014, 07:15 AM
atest high-impact, hand-painted, show-car quality exterior color is available across Viper model lineup

New ‘Grand Touring’ package brings standard Nappa leather seats, sophisticated chassis electronics and exclusive paint colors to the Viper’s entry price class

Monday, January 13, 2014: The newest, high-impact exterior paint color for the SRT Viper was shown today for the first time at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

The Chrysler Group’s SRT (Street and Racing Technology) brand introduced “Stryker Green,” an evolution of the iconic Snakeskin Green exterior color that first appeared in 2008, which features enhanced green and yellow pigments and a “liquid mercury” appearance. The color is the perfect choice for SRT enthusiasts that want to take their SRT Viper to the next level of exclusivity with a vivid and unique color that reflects light to show off the dramatic curves of the Viper.

“We’re continuing to develop and build unique, low-volume, special-edition colors for the Viper that adds to the exclusivity of our American-built flagship supercar,” said Ralph Gilles, President and CEO, SRT Brand and Motorsports. “Every SRT Viper is painted with a process that is very similar to what we use for our show cars. The application of the new Stryker Green exterior paint is a very detailed and intricate process, taking approximately eight hours to complete. The process first starts with a base color coat followed by a green-tinted mid-coat and topped off with a clear finish. Each coat application adds depth and accentuates the curvature of the Viper’s exterior design.”

Also making its debut on the 2014 SRT Viper is the Grand Touring (GT) special package featuring standard Nappa leather seats, five-mode Electronic Stability Control and the two-mode Bilstein® DampTronic Select suspension, both previously only available with the Viper GTS price class. The GT option package will be limited to the new Stryker Green and Venom Black exterior colors.

Stryker Green exterior color will be available starting in February on the Viper GTS price class, and the SRT price class with the new GT package.

viperdan
01-12-2014, 07:48 AM
Great looking color! Be patient guys, ACR's don't happen overnight and I think it's fair to say that Ralph and SRT want to get it right and release the car on their terms, not rushed like the TA.

Ohiotj
01-12-2014, 07:51 AM
Very sharp. Anyone needing to sell their SSG VERY VERY cheap so they can step up to the new green let me know. You know you want it!

01sapphirebob
01-12-2014, 07:55 AM
Also, as I have been saying this for over a year...do you see the direction this is going? A. C. R. Its right in front of us...:D

XSnake
01-12-2014, 07:57 AM
Love the color, hate the wing

Shooter
01-12-2014, 08:01 AM
God I hope that is not an ACR. I hope that's an "Aero Coupe" or something. My aero coupe looked way meaner then that. And for some reason that wing is not doing it for me. SSG looks great though.

FLATOUT
01-12-2014, 08:06 AM
Id take the standard wing over that any day. It looks like an after thought for some reason.

Policy Limits
01-12-2014, 08:09 AM
It's like a Green TA only I like it better!!

XSnake
01-12-2014, 08:20 AM
God I hope that is not an ACR. I hope that's an "Aero Coupe" or something. My aero coupe looked way meaner then that. And for some reason that wing is not doing it for me. SSG looks great though.

It's not the ACR, don't worry

BlackSnake99
01-12-2014, 08:24 AM
I think the TA spoiler looks way better than that wing.

Anonymous
01-12-2014, 08:32 AM
100%

Simms
01-12-2014, 08:37 AM

IMO, the wing doesn't look wide enough, and the end plated look backwards. Reminds me of a baby wing like the Gen 3/4 aero package, prior to the ACR aero.

Either way, glad to see the direction it's going!

XSnake
01-12-2014, 08:40 AM
IMO, the wing doesn't look wide enough, and the end plated look backwards.

agreed

Coloviper
01-12-2014, 08:47 AM
I think the car is okay and I like the new color. Not a fan of the large wings, large splitters, nor extreme large diffusers on any manufacturer cars but would need to see this wing and splitter from different angles.

They seem to be trying to make what some people want, yet all these manufacturers keep cramming these F#$&IN' black wheels down the throats of many who don't like them. Offer an option of bright silver wheels. Wish they would just understand that some buyers will NOT buy the car because of a simple fact it has Black wheels. I can tell you ten guys off the top of my head with money and a potential interest in the new Viper that love Snake Skin Green on the older models but would not buy this car simply because of the ghetto, "my hub caps fell off" black wheels. At least provide the option of bright silver or polished. Come on, it is not like some are asking for a totally different wheel, just a different finish! If I had the money, I and wanted a GT car with this aero on it, I would not buy the car because of the black rims but that is just me.

Nice to see them trying to inject excitement though. Hopefully we can start hearing about these SRT releases here first and not have to open up a magazine on the shelf to find out about it. With all the anniversaries for Dodge/Chrysler/Mopar this year, I think there are going to be a lot of special models including a major Hellcat release.

slitherv10
01-12-2014, 08:51 AM
I never did like Mid level designed anything.

This is just another way of wasting valuable money from SRT and cheap marketing. They have dragged this one of one and special edition thing too deep. I feel like I'm in the 80\s when all the companies were bringing out "SE" and "limited" models.
Get over it. We have time to design and test an ACR as the ZR1 is no where in site yet. Wait for Chevy to debut it and then finish the ACR to top it off.

That wing likes something on ebay. Something any of us could do with our Gen 5's. I personally do not fall for these marketing gimmicks. But, there are a lot of fish in the sea. The hook has been cast.

J TNT
01-12-2014, 09:02 AM
The car looks good ! I'm glad to see they are offering more options , similar to mopars of the late 60's . Which eventually, for some models ,went on to being worth more then the Corvettes of the day . :)

ACRucrazy
01-12-2014, 09:08 AM
Yea. I have never been a fan of the front c.f. fangs on the V. Need a real splitter and a real wing. This wing looks too short IMO.

Jack B
01-12-2014, 09:12 AM
Aren't all the same wheel options offered that were available in 2013?

I think the car is okay and I like the new color. Not a fan of the large wings, large splitters, nor extreme large diffusers on any manufacturer cars but would need to see this wing and splitter from different angles.

They seem to be trying to make what some people want, yet all these manufacturers keep cramming these F#$&IN' black wheels down the throats of many who don't like them. Offer an option of bright silver wheels. Wish they would just understand that some buyers will NOT buy the car because of a simple fact it has Black wheels. I can tell you ten guys off the top of my head with money and a potential interest in the new Viper that love Snake Skin Green on the older models but would not buy this car simply because of the ghetto, "my hub caps fell off" black wheels. At least provide the option of bright silver or polished. Come on, it is not like some are asking for a totally different wheel, just a different finish! If I had the money, I and wanted a GT car with this aero on it, I would not buy the car because of the black rims but that is just me.

Nice to see them trying to inject excitement though. Hopefully we can start hearing about these SRT releases here first and not have to open up a magazine on the shelf to find out about it. With all the anniversaries for Dodge/Chrysler/Mopar this year, I think there are going to be a lot of special models including a major Hellcat release.

ACRucrazy
01-12-2014, 09:35 AM
So Stryker Green is a $5,700 color option. Plus the GT package if you order the SRT or you need to order a GTS.

No hemi
01-12-2014, 10:03 AM
you can order a"GT" which is an srt with the wing and splitter , and gts suspension(adj), and seats, comes only in green and black, so far.

ViperGeorge
01-12-2014, 10:04 AM

I'm generally not a fan of black rims but on my ACR they are functional. They hide the brake dust somewhat especially when tracking the car. Funny that my Avatar shows the ACR with chrome wheels, my other set. I actually like the ACR with the black wheels better but on the Vert I like the chrome ones. Now my 14 has hyperblack which is kind of a black tint, not truly black. These wheels I like a lot on a white car..

commandomatt
01-12-2014, 10:06 AM

If you want a car I cant imagine the wheels actually stopping you from buying it. That sounds like more of an excuse. Considering the available aftermarket wheels, 4-8K can get you into some very nice looking wheels that would be exactly what you are after. If you know of 10 guys that would put down the cash needed to buy a Gen V but wouldn't because of the wheels....I would say you know 10 guys that cant think outside the box.

I just bought a new ACR and I am also ordering another set of rims. Just so I have a choice

As far as the Stryker Green.......Awesome. Really glad to see it coming back. Vipers to me were always about 'in your face' colors and the Green top that list (so far)

Matt

ACRucrazy
01-12-2014, 10:08 AM
you can order a"GT" which is an srt with the wing and splitter , and gts suspension(adj), and seats, comes only in green and black, so far.

The GT package is avail on the SRT which gets the GTS 5 mode stability control, 2 mode suspension and black, caramel or red nappa leather seats.

The wing and splitter are not part of the package. They are prototype parts just used for display at the NAIAS.

Personality is often expressed through color. For this reason, SRT® brand designers offer a daring color palette for clients to choose what best fits their expression. SRT is expanding the Viper’s color palette in early 2014 to include the vibrant new Stryker Green.

A take on the original Stryker Red first shown at the reveal of the fifth-generation SRT Viper in April 2012, Stryker Green is a similarly complex hue intended only for the bold. Embodying a liquid-metal appearance, similar to mercury, its deep finish flows with the Viper’s elegant lines. The rich color is sure to stand out in a crowd.

Like every SRT Viper paint finish, Stryker Green is hand sprayed by artisans just outside Detroit. Skilled craftspeople painstakingly apply each paint layer, constantly sanding and checking for accuracy and a flawless finish. Following the paint process, each panel is inspected for perfection and hand polished to a mirror finish. The completed product is a show-stopping shine worthy of any show circuit.

As owners continue to push for vibrant colors, SRT is listening and ready to answer the call. Stryker Green is just the latest in a line of vivid colors offered by SRT designers who continuously study trends as they prepare for a future filled with bold and exciting new colors.

Orders for the daring new Stryker Green are open now. Stryker Green is available only on SRT Viper models equipped with the new Grand Touring Package and GTS models. Pricing for the new color is $5,700. See your SRT Performance Dealership for order information and further details.

The SRT® brand will use the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit as the stage to introduce the latest feature availability in the Viper lineup. Referred to as the Grand Touring Package, the new option introduces premium content to the SRT Viper and positions the SRT Viper more closely to the GTS in content.

Available on the SRT Viper, the new Grand Touring Package borrows grand touring-focused amenities previously available only with the Viper GTS. Handling and ride capability is expanded greatly with the addition of a two-mode Bilstein® DampTronic Select suspension offering. Able to be adjusted on-the-fly, drivers have the option between Sport and Track mode to suit conditions.

Paired with the enhanced two-mode suspension comes the intelligent five-mode Electronic Stability Control (ESC) system. Aimed at enhancing its range of capability, the new ESC setup features settings to match nearly every road condition and driver capability. Wheel speed, yaw, and G-sensors continuously monitor the SRT Viper’s on-road behavior, reporting back to the ESC system with constantly updated dynamics. Driver-selectable settings include: Full-on, Sport, Track, Rain and Full-off. Never intrusive, the system is intended for drivers to grow with it as they continue to hone their abilities.

Seating surfaces are upgraded, receiving the full premium Nappa-leather treatment. Sabelt® sport seats designed for both grand touring adventures and the occasional track day offer a balance of support and comfort. Colors offered are classic black, elegant caramel or sport-themed red.

Making its debut in Detroit, the SRT Viper in Stryker Green is proudly showcased in the Mopar® display at NAIAS, a fitting location considering the prototype performance-enhancing parts affixed. Aerodynamic improvements are the focus, as new front splitters and a massive rear wing are featured. These trial parts create a significant improvement in downforce balanced both front and rear.

The new Grand Touring Package is now available for order on 2014 SRT Viper models, pricing TBD. Color options for vehicles with the Grand Touring Package are limited to Venom Black and the new Stryker Green. See your SRT Performance Dealer for more information.

http://www.drivesrt.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Stryker-Green-2.jpg

http://www.drivesrt.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Styrker-Green-3.jpg

http://www.drivesrt.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Stryker-Green-4.jpg

http://www.drivesrt.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Stryker-Green-5.jpg

http://www.drivesrt.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Styrker-Green-Re.jpg

http://www.drivesrt.com/news/2014/01/vibrant-and-bold-stryker-green-joins-the-srt-viper-color-palette.html

Nine Ball
01-12-2014, 10:20 AM
I like the color a lot. SSG is one of my favorites of all-time on the Viper, so this is a nice color-shifting version of that color. Glad to see it isn't another $15,000 paint option.

SRT with all their "special edition" stuff and various packages.... meh. That stuff is just too confusing and a waste of energy. They really should just get back to building these cars as one model, call them all GTS coupes, and allow buyers to pick and choose whatever colors and options that they want. Make every single car a "special" car for whomever orders it. I wouldn't hold any colors or options back, just have them all start with a blank canvass and let people be as creative as they want. The "1 of 1" stuff can be more interesting than the "1 of 100" stuff, anyways.

ACRucrazy
01-12-2014, 10:24 AM
SRT with all their "special edition" stuff and various packages.... meh. That stuff is just too confusing and a waste of energy. They really should just get back to building these cars as one model, call them all GTS coupes, and allow buyers to pick and choose whatever colors and options that they want. Make every single car a "special" car for whomever orders it. I wouldn't hold any colors or options back, just have them all start with a blank canvass and let people be as creative as they want. The "1 of 1" stuff can be more interesting than the "1 of 100" stuff, anyways.

Agreed 100%. I have been saying that ever since they Gen V came out, I really think SRT is missing an opportunity here.
If someone is going to spend 100k+ they should be able to order exactly what they want IMO, not be forced into different packages etc. It would make things less confusing and allow for some very 1 off orders. A Viper is a Viper. The "base model" restriction stuff doesn't help in my opinion.

steve911
01-12-2014, 10:27 AM
I have always loved wings over what I call NASCAR inspired spoilers. Looking at the wing on the new car and all of the pics I have from the Aero Coupes, I see a ton of similarities. The stanchions appear to be much more angular than the "current" ones though.

The end plate design has me scratching my head though. They remind me of the sides of the headgear worn by the Superhero Flash or the Roman God Mercury. Google it if you dont believe. May be they were put on backwards by mistake?

Maybe SRT ought to call this the FLASH edition;)

Please note that the above comments were not meant as digs. I really do dig the new color.

ViperSmith
01-12-2014, 10:39 AM
I like the color a lot. SSG is one of my favorites of all-time on the Viper, so this is a nice color-shifting version of that color. Glad to see it isn't another $15,000 paint option.

It looks to me as if they are pushing to a base SRT with options to build your own GTS - something many have said should be available all along.

At least that is how I look at it, perhaps the two model designation is short for this world with this direction

Nine Ball
01-12-2014, 10:54 AM
I have always loved wings over what I call NASCAR inspired spoilers. Looking at the wing on the new car and all of the pics I have from the Aero Coupes, I see a ton of similarities. The stanchions appear to be much more angular than the "current" ones though.

The end plate design has me scratching my head though. They remind me of the sides of the headgear worn by the Superhero Flash or the Roman God Mercury. Google it if you dont believe. May be they were put on backwards by mistake?

I guess I'm not understanding how anyone can look at a wing and tell us if it works better or worse than others. Without seeing the aero tests and results, who knows for sure. We saw that just subtle changes on the 2010 end plate design helped the ACR. So, it really doesn't matter about appearance, what matters is function. The wing above looks designed for a Viper, with the topside view showing the curved design to match the rear hatch. This GT3-R Viper has a wing that appears more "tacked on" looking, with small end plates, but we know it is functional. Maybe the differences in the Gen 3/4 and Gen 5 bodies require different aero designs from each other?

http://www.autoweek.com/galleryimage/CW/20130620/CARNEWS/620009998/PH/0/2/SRT-Viper-GT3-R-specs-and-photos.jpg

VENOM V
01-12-2014, 10:56 AM
Here's my take:

Stryker Green: Hell yes. For $5,600, oh hell yes! That's more like it. :t1567:

GT Package: The single biggest reason why I went with a GTS over an SRT is that IMHO the SRT wasn't really the track ready model that it was advertised to be. Now you can get the multi-mode stability control system and adjustable wine country / track suspension on the SRT. The SRT with this option is a fantastic idea, provided the price is right. :dude3:

Not loving the wing yet, but I'm not sure why as I LOVE the ACR wing. I need to see a few more pics before judging. The Carbon Aero Package is a more elegant, gracefully integrated design but the wing will give much-needed monster downforce, which is a win for us track rats.

I have no problem with SRT offering us lots of performance and appearance options. After all the bitching and whining about the Viper not having this or that, we should be happy that we have these options. Say what you want but I think SRT's marketing department has done an exceptional job recovering from the blunders of 2013. Between the new options and the exceptional success of the TA media launch at Willow Springs, I give credit where credit is due. It feels like we are on the right track.

Newport Viper
01-12-2014, 11:21 AM
Does it have 700 HP yet?

vipernut
01-12-2014, 11:40 AM
Green.....with envy....!!
GORGEOUS!

VRYALT3R3D
01-12-2014, 11:41 AM
Does it have 700 HP yet?

Is 60 more horsepower really a deal breaker?

ViperSmith
Is 60 more horsepower really a deal breaker?

That and rim choices LOL

steve911
I guess I'm not understanding how anyone can look at a wing and tell us if it works better or worse than others. Without seeing the aero tests and results, who knows for sure. We saw that just subtle changes on the 2010 end plate design helped the ACR. So, it really doesn't matter about appearance, what matters is function. The wing above looks designed for a Viper, with the topside view showing the curved design to match the rear hatch. This GT3-R Viper has a wing that appears more "tacked on" looking, with small end plates, but we know it is functional. Maybe the differences in the Gen 3/4 and Gen 5 bodies require different aero designs from each other?

http://www.autoweek.com/galleryimage/CW/20130620/CARNEWS/620009998/PH/0/2/SRT-Viper-GT3-R-specs-and-photos.jpg

Its not just the Viper that has what was referred to in the above post as a "tacked on Wing". This style of wing seems to be the norm in the class. Look at the other cars, they have a more straight chord wing than previous years. I dont know if this was a rules change, or some other reason. It kinda looks like it came out of a Playdoh extrusion machine and just cut to length.

In the earlier World Challenge days, one of the reasons for the curved wing that we have come to love, was the fact that it allowed a larger (surface area) to be placed on the car, as the rules stated that it couldn't extend out past the body work.

Policy Limits
01-12-2014, 11:55 AM
Love the Carbon Aero components added to front splitter; is the side vent and rear brake light bezel done in carbon fiber I wonder? Or is painting that rear piece Stryker green an option? Love the wing and wheels. If there's black interior with Green Stitching: OMG.

To me this car is like a Gen IV ACR and a Gen V TA had inter course and this is the result. LOL

It's my favorite viper to date that I've seen & I even like it better than Crusher Orange Time Attack, which is saying alot!!

ViperSmith
01-12-2014, 11:57 AM
Love the Carbon Aero components added to front splitter; is the side vent and rear brake light bezel done in carbon fiber I wonder? Or is painting that rear piece Stryker green an option? Love the wing and wheels. If there's black interior with Green Stitching: OMG.

To me this car is like a Gen IV ACR and a Gen V TA had inter course and this is the result. LOL

It's my favorite viper to date that I've seen & I even like it better than Crusher Orange Time Attack, which is saying alot!!

Temped aren't you. Lol

Policy Limits
01-12-2014, 11:59 AM
Bro if this is offered in Roadster Form I'd really seriously consider trading my Adrenaline car for it.

F2V
01-12-2014, 12:03 PM
Id take the standard wing over that any day. It looks like an after thought for some reason.

My feeling too...looks like an appendage and detracts from the cars beautiful lines. Nice color though.

Policy Limits
01-12-2014, 12:04 PM
Aesthetic Value is inherently subjective huh? Lol

VENOM V
01-12-2014, 12:08 PM
Bro if this is offered in Roadster Form I'd really seriously consider trading my Adrenaline car for it.

You know it has green stitching, which along with the green Stryker dash badge, is going to seal the deal. That Stryker Green is like a giant magnet pulling you towards it. You will not be able to resist :p

RW99's ACR and Maurice's Snake Skin Green Vipers are so damned hot looking in person, it's hard to imagine improving over that color. If Stryker Green is truly even better, and now that the price is reasonable compared to what I paid for the Red variant (and yes, ouch, that stings a little), it's going to be a home run.

Policy Limits
01-12-2014, 12:11 PM
Wonder if its a numbered car? If so how many will be made?

Feel for you on the $15k paint job. My "other" Red came standard.

ViperSmith
01-12-2014, 12:16 PM
You know it has green stitching, which along with the green Stryker dash badge, is going to seal the deal. That Stryker Green is like a giant magnet pulling you towards it. You will not be able to resist :p

RW99's ACR and Maurice's Snake Skin Green Vipers are so damned hot looking in person, it's hard to imagine improving over that color. If Stryker Green is truly even better, and now that the price is reasonable compared to what I paid for the Red variant (and yes, ouch, that stings a little), it's going to be a home run.

Your paint job is worth every single penny

VENOM V
01-12-2014, 12:20 PM
Your paint job is worth every single penny

I will add that I have no regrets! And I'm happy that the offering of the Stryker Green adds validity that Stryker Red is truly a limited edition and retired color. Sure it may re-appear at some future date to pay homage to the original, but Stryker Red will always be something special.

VENOM V
01-12-2014, 12:25 PM
Wonder if its a numbered car? If so how many will be made?

Feel for you on the $15k paint job. My "other" Red came standard.

They didn't number the Stryker Reds, but did limit the number made.

My guess is that the only limitation for Stryker Green is how many they can get through Prefix. They were only able to do 1 Stryker Red a week in 2013. But with demand, I could see Prefix expanding capacity for the special paints.

V10LEE
01-12-2014, 12:36 PM
It looks great!

http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/2014-dodge-viper_100452277_l.jpg

That wing looks like a smaller version of the gen 4 ACR with different end plates. It also looks like it has a shorter height too. I wonder if you can adjust the pitch on that wing?

http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx171/rapid25_2012/A64F0750_zpse03db24f.jpg (http://s753.photobucket.com/user/rapid25_2012/media/A64F0750_zpse03db24f.jpg.html)

http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx171/rapid25_2012/A64F0722_zps4132946d.jpg (http://s753.photobucket.com/user/rapid25_2012/media/A64F0722_zps4132946d.jpg.html)

SmoknTires
01-12-2014, 01:10 PM
Kudos to releasing the new color! I love it. When the convertible comes out... will be nice to have both! ;.)

Policy Limits
01-12-2014, 01:12 PM
Now we're speaking the same language ;)

Shooter
01-12-2014, 02:04 PM
I guess I'm not understanding how anyone can look at a wing and tell us if it works better or worse than others. Without seeing the aero tests and results, who knows for sure. We saw that just subtle changes on the 2010 end plate design helped the ACR. So, it really doesn't matter about appearance, what matters is function.

The 2010 wing had the addition of a "Gurney Flap". That was what really made the difference. The endplate design was more for stability with the air spilling off of the new wing flap.

I agree with your other post. Enough with the "special" Edition crap. Offer the base SRT, and let the buyer pick and choose.

Coloviper
01-12-2014, 02:06 PM
Matt;

There are guys that like to tinker/mod and others that like to change oil. These guys are the latter. 8 of them have had Vipers for a long time and they are 100% stock. Not everyone wants to mess with the car afterwards.

Most if these guys have large collections of cars that they spent major cash to return to 100% original. If I am spending $100k large, I want to keep it 100% original and not tinkering with this or that. Pay more upfront to solidify value as from the factory.

Absolute mistake to not offer it from factory. Sorry, excuse or not, if it didn't have the rims in the design and finish that is acceptable, I don't buy the friggin' car. I am not the only one like this either. Many people cherish originality from new. On a car this expensive, if they took the approach you stated then they should knock $8,000 off price of the car and ship it with four spare tires on it. Why pay for something you hate?

Despite what others say, I just can't grow to love them. My issue, I guess.

If you want car I cant imagine the wheels actually stopping you from buying it. That sounds like more of an excuse. Considering the available aftermarket wheels, 4-8K can get you into some very nice looking wheels that would be exactly what you are after. If you know of 10 guys that would put down the cash needed to buy a Gen V but wouldn't because of the wheels....I would say you know 10 guys that cant think outside the box.

I just bought a new ACR and I am also ordering another set of rims. Just so I have a choice

As far as the Stryker Green.......Awesome. Really glad to see it coming back. Vipers to me were always about 'in your face' colors and the Green top that list (so far)

Matt

kdaviper
01-12-2014, 02:11 PM
Matt;

There are guys that like to tinker/mod and others that like to change oil. These guys are the latter. 8 of them have had Vipers for a long time and they are 100% stock. Not everyone wants to mess with the car afterwards.

Most if these guys have large collections of cars that they spent major cash to return to 100% original. If I am spending $100k large, I want to keep it 100% original and not tinkering with this or that. Pay more upfront to solidify value as from the factory.

Absolute mistake to not offer it from factory. Sorry, excuse or not, if it didn't have the rims in the design and finish that is acceptable, I don't buy the friggin' car. I am not the only one like this either. Many people cherish originality from new. On a car this expensive, if they took the approach you stated then they should knock $8,000 off price of the car and ship it with four spare tires on it. Why pay for something you hate?

aren't those aftermarket wheels on the car in your profile pic?

ViperSmith
01-12-2014, 02:22 PM
Sorry, not buying the car because you don't like the rims, is just insanity.

XSnake
01-12-2014, 02:26 PM

not even the rims, the rim color. That can fixed with powdercoating or paint for like $500

ACRucrazy
01-12-2014, 02:33 PM

Especially when you can buy the wheels you like and keep the "originals" original and new for all the years you own the car. That way the non originals take all the wear and tear.

Coloviper
01-12-2014, 03:40 PM
I bought that RT used and it already had mods on it. Yes I added 99' ACR BBS rims a few months ago as the originals on it were in very poor shape, so I bought a factory Viper ACR set of rims.

A new Car is different. My 06' Coupe I bought new and the factory 5 spoke polished rims were on it. If it had black rims, even the same 5 spoke, I would not have bought that car. Again, there are those that want factory only and those that mod. I know a lot of guys that just want the factory period for a new car. This used one is what it is so I will mod it. Can't afford a new one after the health issues and surgeries that past two years. That said, any cars I have modded over my life, I have tried to do it with a factory look so it is a sleeper.

Seems idiotic to not offer the factory rim in a non-black or non hyper black finish. Just as some of you can't understand the rationale from this side, the ones on this side can't understand the fascination of ghetto rim finish either.

Sorry for hijack as it is about the Green Machine, so I will shut up now.

ACRucrazy
01-12-2014, 03:45 PM
I fully agree for these prices someone should be able to get the wheels they want. However I wouldn't let the wheels alone prevent me from buying the car when the wheels I want are available and it as easy as installing new tires, a wear item.

Leslie
01-12-2014, 04:39 PM
What this guy said!

Especially when you can buy the wheels you like and keep the "originals" original and new for all the years you own the car. That way the non originals take all the wear and tear.

Nine Ball
01-12-2014, 04:47 PM
Why do I even advertise on this site, if Viper owners only like factory (non-black?) wheels? LOL.

VYPR BYT
01-12-2014, 05:05 PM
don't fuss so much over the wing... it's computer image so it's not chiseled in stone.

commandomatt
01-12-2014, 05:29 PM
Matt;

I can certainly agree with you that they should offer a few different wheels (and I think they do) but I just have a hard time with the 'not buying a car due to the wheel' approach

Look at the Gen I/II picture thread and its almost like every one of those cars do not have the original rims....and the cars look that much better. The early 3 spoke rims are so incredible dated and when a different wheel is installed...it completely changes the look and feel of the car.

Like 'ACRu' said....its as easy as changing tires and I don't think of it as a modification

I also have to say that I wasn't a big fan of Black rims either but when I got my new ACR delivered a few days ago, I actually changed my mind about how I feel about them. In person, those black Sidewinders look great on that car. They just fit and give the car a look that works perfectly for the ACR

Matt

Redsled
01-12-2014, 05:48 PM
The difference in the wings between the GT3-R and the street car may have to do with the homolugation process of the GT3-R to current FIA GT3 Specifications. GT3 Spec cars are one of the largest GT categories of sports car racing today. Race cars are built to run specific race series, a GT3 Spec car can run in many series around the globe so it makes sense for the GT3-R to follow the rules for a GT3 Spec class. More series to run in, makes the car more attractive to teams to run them in the series of their choice. Just my $.02 :)

Policy Limits
01-12-2014, 05:49 PM
I agree to an extent; way back when I was bent on getting a Launch Edition only the rattler wheels couldn't be swapped for Venom's and I didn't want to buy two sets and store one set or sell one set. Plus I had to have Sepia interior, also not possible on that model.

I do generally try to keep cars original as from the factory. And understand the feeling on that.

Btw the Snake isn't the only supercar with a cult following on the color green. Lambo guys love their "Verde Ithica" and a bud has that paint job on his Murcielago: omg.

Can't wait to see Stryker Green in first person!

KRATEDISEASE
01-12-2014, 06:11 PM
Why do I even advertise on this site, if Viper owners only like factory (non-black?) wheels? LOL.

because the factory does NOT make center hub wheels like the ones you sell ??

Policy Limits
01-12-2014, 06:14 PM
Nah Viper guys mod the hell out of these with supercharges etc. just look at all of them TA's with no miles that went under the knife for Header & Exhaust mods. Cool on the one hand but makes me cringe on the other

Coloviper
01-12-2014, 07:38 PM
I am not going to make a big deal so you can joke, it's okay. But we both know their are certain owners that could not be bothered with modding and just want it the way they do from the factory. I didn't mean, nor say everyone did so please don't put words in my mouth. I have my preferences for rims which I stated. Would be nice to have the bright silver or polished factory option though for those that want it.

VRYALT3R3D
01-12-2014, 08:02 PM
I am not going to make a big deal so you can joke, it's okay. But we both know their are certain owners that could not be bothered with modding and just want it the way they do from the factory. I didn't mean, nor say everyone did so please don't put words in my mouth. I have my preferences for rims which I stated. Would be nice to have the bright silver or polished factory option though for those that want it.

SRT does offer bright silver or polished wheels.......

ACRucrazy
01-12-2014, 08:28 PM
This thread is so off topic.

Coloviper
01-12-2014, 09:01 PM
Sorry, I will really bow out now!

commandomatt
01-12-2014, 09:23 PM
Was SSG an upgrade option color ?

If so, how much did it cost ?

Matt

Brian GTS
01-12-2014, 09:44 PM

Matt

If I remember correctly, I think it was 1K.

TonyCool
01-12-2014, 10:46 PM
Love this color. I'm glad they came up with a replacement for snakeskin green. I looks great on the gen 5. I can't wait to see a gen5 ACR in this color.

Brian GTS
01-13-2014, 12:24 AM
I can't wait to see live pics of this car. Anyone going to the auto show?

XSnake
01-13-2014, 07:52 AM
Real life pic from Detroit

Brian GTS
01-13-2014, 07:58 AM

WOW!!!! Thanks for posting!!! I'm sure pictures will never do it justice. It never did with SSG or Stryker Red, but it is great to see!

GRNBGON
01-13-2014, 08:08 AM
Mine was listed at $700. and was happy to pay that.

Matt

XSnake
01-13-2014, 09:01 AM
More...

Brian GTS
01-13-2014, 09:35 AM
More...

WOW, love the front shots. Wonder how well it would wear black stripes? Sometimes I feel this body looks better in solid colors.....kind of torn.

ACRucrazy
01-13-2014, 09:38 AM
WOW, love the front shots. Wonder how well it would wear black stripes? Sometimes I feel this body looks better in solid colors.....kind of torn.

SRT stripes would look sick. But then you have a $5,700 color and $4,500 stripes for a $10,200 combo. :stickmen_burningsti

F2V
01-13-2014, 09:41 AM
Bet that CF wing is pretty expensive...at least to purchase as an upgrade add on.

Policy Limits
01-13-2014, 01:05 PM

There is so much Win in this picture!!!

VENOM V
01-13-2014, 01:05 PM

The wing looks much better from this angle. Track rats could use some serious downforce, this will be a great option.

VENOM V
01-13-2014, 01:06 PM

Stripes for this color would be bad ass, IMHO

rw99
01-13-2014, 01:48 PM
Stripes, well OK... but I'm hoping they won't do a black center band. I'm so selfish.

The wing does look like aero coupe v2.0, and the front splitter (hard to tell) more closely related to the Gen V TA... as opposed to a standalone piece as per Gen IV ACR.

My comments on black wheels with SSG have been self-censored in the interest of thread fidelity :)

slitherv10
01-13-2014, 01:48 PM
There is so much Win in this picture!!!

Looks like someone put the wing tips on backwards.

commandomatt
01-13-2014, 02:07 PM
Mine was listed at $700. and was happy to pay that.

Hard to imagine that the Stryker green is 5K more complicated or different than the SSG.

Matt

commandomatt
01-13-2014, 02:13 PM

Vipers need stripes. Part of makes the car what it is. Tricky with black since the wing is carbon already. I would like to see the body color on the entire wing and then Black or Silver stripes, including on the wing like the ACR's

Matt

kdaviper
01-13-2014, 02:17 PM
Hard to imagine that the Stryker green is 5K more complicated or different than the SSG.

Matt

SSG wasn't a Tricoat process, just a base coat and clear. takes 8 hours to paint a Stryker Green car

ACRucrazy
01-13-2014, 02:37 PM
SSG wasn't a Tricoat process, just a base coat and clear. takes 8 hours to paint a Stryker Green car

$712.50 an hr. Not bad.

Policy Limits
01-13-2014, 03:14 PM

Matt

But it's only 30 pennies on the dollar when compared to Stryker Red ;)

SWEEN
01-13-2014, 07:48 PM
Real life pics look incredible. Such a good looking color, any interior pics yet?

commandomatt
01-13-2014, 09:17 PM
$712.50 an hr. Not bad.

It will actually be even more than that since you have to deduct what a regular paint job takes.

Believe me....I am not wanting to take away from how great this color is. I just think SRT is getting a bit out of hand on the actual cost on the options available

Matt

ACRucrazy
01-13-2014, 09:18 PM
It will actually be even more than that since you have to deduct what a regular paint job takes.

Matt

Good call!

Brian GTS
01-13-2014, 09:25 PM
Here is some more good pics here:

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2014/01/srt-viper-gets-venomous-detroit.html

kdaviper
01-13-2014, 10:46 PM
How many unsold Stryker Red GTS' are there? none listed on auto trader at least. Guess the expensive paint kept them from selling them all huh?

Brian GTS
01-13-2014, 10:58 PM
Even better pics:

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2014-srt-viper-in-stryker-green-detroit-2014/

SWEEN
01-13-2014, 11:47 PM
Color is so good looking. I think green stitching would of been a cool option

ACRucrazy
01-13-2014, 11:49 PM
For 5700 green stitching should be included.

Brian GTS
01-14-2014, 07:03 AM
Yes, green stitching would be the icing on the cake.

Brian GTS
01-14-2014, 07:35 AM

Believe me....I am not wanting to take away from how great this color is. I just think SRT is getting a bit out of hand on the actual cost on the options available

Matt

I'm sure there is profit, but I don't think it as much as some may think. From what I was told, Stryker Red takes 12 hours to apply and Stryker Green takes 8 hours. When I toured Prefix last week, there were multiple painters in each of the 3 booths all working on panels for the same car. So figuratively speaking, the extra $7-800/hr is split among numerous employees....not just one painter. Plus they have to pad a little $$$ for QC because if they have to repaint, that's even more time lost than a standard color.

When you consider the premium for Stryker Red (14K) at 12 hours and Stryker Green (6K) at 8 hours, it appears SRT has discounted the paint! Far less than 1/2 the price of Stryker Red, but still on the upper end of labor intensity.

I don't think $5,700 is really that bady. I bet a custom paint shop would charge that much or more for something that required this much additional effort.

commandomatt
01-14-2014, 07:50 AM
I'm sure there is profit, but I don't think it as much as some may think. From what I was told, Stryker Red takes 12 hours to apply and Stryker Green takes 8 hours. When I toured Prefix last week, there were multiple painters in each of the 3 booths all working on panels for the same car. So figuratively speaking, the extra $7-800/hr is split among numerous employees....not just one painter. Plus they have to pad a little $$$ for QC because if they have to repaint, that's even more time lost than a standard color.

When you consider the premium for Stryker Red (14K) at 12 hours and Stryker Green (6K) at 8 hours, it appears SRT has discounted the paint! Far less than 1/2 the price of Stryker Red, but still on the upper end of labor intensity.

I don't think $5,700 is really that bady. I bet a custom paint shop would charge that much or more for something that required this much additional effort.

You have the deduct the time it takes to apply a std color, so your times above are not quite right. The optional is after all over and beyond a std color. I don't know how long it would take then to paint a Black finish but would think that it's at least 2 + hours.

I guess what I am getting at is that the SSG is a spectacular color and that was 700.00. Why not stay with something close to that as opposed to Tri Coat finishes ? Its not like the results are questionable. Its still probably the most unique and hi impact color for a Viper to date.

I realize that these colors are optional, so its up to the buyer to decide if its worth the extra cash. To some it certainly will be.

Matt

XSnake
01-14-2014, 08:03 AM
I would pay $5,700 as an option for that color if I was in the market for a Gen 5.

Brian GTS
01-14-2014, 08:24 AM
You have the deduct the time it takes to apply a std color, so your times above are not quite right. The optional is after all over and beyond a std color. I don't know how long it would take then to paint a Black finish but would think that it's at least 2 + hours.

I guess what I am getting at is that the SSG is a spectacular color and that was 700.00. Why not stay with something close to that as opposed to Tri Coat finishes ? Its not like the results are questionable. Its still probably the most unique and hi impact color for a Viper to date.

I realize that these colors are optional, so its up to the buyer to decide if its worth the extra cash. To some it certainly will be.

Matt

Point taken. I don't know how long it takes to apply a standard color.....a unknown variable....but I still feel it is reasonable even if it takes 2 hours for a standard color.

I guess it all comes down to what it is worth to someone. For me, after seeing the meticulous work performed at Prefix and comparing the paint jobs from all other generations, I can say I would spend the extra $5,700. Before purchasing my Gen V, I had an 08 / 09 SSG. While the color was indeed exceptional, the quality of the job wasn't anywhere close to my Gen V. My 08 had rough spots on the hood I had to buff out myself and my 09 had imperfections (dark looking spots) beneath the clear in several areas. Couldn't do anything about that other than repaint.

DreadLox
01-14-2014, 09:05 AM
Stripes, well OK... but I'm hoping they won't do a black center band. I'm so selfish.

The wing does look like aero coupe v2.0, and the front splitter (hard to tell) more closely related to the Gen V TA... as opposed to a standalone piece as per Gen IV ACR.

My comments on black wheels with SSG have been self-censored in the interest of thread fidelity :)

Idk if you should worry about that. The center band on our cars (with or without the driver stripe) followed the hood line, the good line of the Gen V is completely different because it opens from the windshield side. Doesn't look nearly as good on it (I've tried it in Forza 4 & 5 lol)
Looks sick with stripes tho

Bill Pemberton
01-14-2014, 09:52 AM
The wing is only a prototype and not slated for initial production ( no part number or anything at the present time), so it could be changed when it finally comes out or gets production
approval.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, SRT, Viper

Policy Limits
01-14-2014, 10:23 AM
What a tease.....

VENOM V
01-14-2014, 10:30 AM
The wing is only a prototype and not slated for initial production ( no part number or anything at the present time), so it could be changed when it finally comes out or gets production
approval.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, SRT, Viper

Which means it will be available from Mopar in about 2 years, LOL.

V10LEE
01-14-2014, 10:42 AM

:smilielol: :smilielol:

Policy Limits
01-14-2014, 10:51 AM
Doesn't take a genius to figure it out; doubt it was a coincidence that this was teased right when the Z06 was released ...

The_Greg
01-14-2014, 10:52 AM
In brighter/more exposed images it looks like a metallic banana green! I like it a lot. As far as the wing, the ACR wing is so huge, and that is what I loved about it. Mount the wing higher, make it wider, larger end plates, and all.

ACRucrazy
01-14-2014, 10:54 AM
In brighter/more exposed images it looks like a metallic banana green! I like it a lot. As far as the wing, the ACR wing is so huge, and that is what I loved about it. Mount the wing higher, make it wider, larger end plates, and all.

Yep.

ViperSmith
01-14-2014, 11:07 AM
I don't think the $5,x00 price tag for the paint job is bad. It isn't a basic color like SSG was.

Look at the rubbish paint jobs on Ferraris and the cost of the their paint jobs and this isn't all that bad!

Policy Limits
01-14-2014, 11:15 AM
Yeah I hate my friends' 458 Italia's LOL

ViperSmith
01-14-2014, 11:16 AM
Yeah I hate my friends' 458 Italia's LOL

I couldn't imagine taking delivery of a $350,000 Ferrari that you waited 2 years for to have its paint look worse than a Corolla. It is unreal.

commandomatt
01-14-2014, 11:20 AM
I do agree that the 5700.00 is a an option that I could be ok with if the end result is that much better. Add the stripes and we are at 10K.

Like someone once told me......"Whats another Pint when you are already drunk"

Matt

ViperSmith
01-14-2014, 11:21 AM
I do agree that the 5700.00 is a an option that I could be ok with if the end result is that much better. Add the stripes and we are at 10K.

Like someone once told me......"Whats another Pint when you are already drunk"

Matt

Now, I do agree the stripe costs are a bit out of wack (IMHO) - but the cost maybe justified with what they do now.

If stripes were cheaper, I would have gotten them on my Gen V

Policy Limits
01-14-2014, 11:35 AM
Harold, I was being sarcastic. The paint on my friends' 458's is beautiful, ESP on the two spider models I've seen

ViperSmith
01-14-2014, 11:37 AM
Harold, I was being sarcastic. The paint on my friends' 458's is beautiful, ESP on the two spider models I've seen

Was it a more expensive paint option? Ferrari outsources the higher end paint jobs which look perfect. The standard paints, if you go to ferrarichat are just abysmal - possibly the biggest complaint about the car.

Policy Limits
01-14-2014, 11:41 AM
One of my buds with a 458 Spuder has "Rosso Fuoco" which is astonishing in person. The car is the value of a house on wheels. Aesthetically pleasing to say the least

VENOM V
01-14-2014, 12:16 PM
My friend said his 458's Rosso something-or-other paint was a $30K option, but I haven't confirmed that. His car has over $100K in options alone, LOL. It is a beauty, though parking the two next to eachother the Viper's Stryker Red is absolutely on par. And I prefer my red/black interior over his black/carbon interior. The F-car's interior looks too busy. Hard to believe you can compare the two cars, on pretty much any level except price. It shows how far the Viper has come. His is more than double the price of mine, and more than triple Harold's.

Policy Limits
01-14-2014, 12:20 PM
Gen V is lots of bang for the Buck. Ferrari is too snotty. Did I know that even if you had the dough you can't buy one unless you owned a preowned one first? And eay back when even if you did have the preowned one and the money for the new one they wouldn't sell to u if they didn't like your essay? LOL

Ill take Lamborghini all day over Ferrari.

ACRucrazy
01-14-2014, 12:48 PM
I thought the price of stripes were crazy on the Gen IVs, especially since they were sprayed on after the fact and left a ridge. I dunno. 10k paint jobs? Come on.. it might look cooler or better, but is the prep and overall result $10k+ more than a "basic color" that cost the buyer 0$?

The_Greg
01-14-2014, 01:48 PM
I thought the price of stripes were crazy on the Gen IVs, especially since they were sprayed on after the fact and left a ridge. I dunno. 10k paint jobs? Come on.. it might look cooler or better, but is the prep and overall result $10k+ more than a "basic color" that cost the buyer 0$?

That is up to each buyer to decide. I would try and save an extra cash, <10% of the purchase price, to get the color and stripes I want if I were buying a Gen V.

Expensive paint is not new. $13k for a Alubeam SLS, +$15k on BMW M3 for Frozen Gray special edition (Yes on an otherwise $62k car), $5,500+ for special Porsche colors on up to $63k option paints on the 918... $30-80 on Bentleys, the list goes on... My point is that there are people who definitely DO think it is justified!

Bill Pemberton
01-14-2014, 01:52 PM
Come on Venom V , don't be such a pessimist, the wing will be out this Spring for only $15,000 plus painting!!

ACRucrazy
01-14-2014, 03:19 PM
That is up to each buyer to decide. I would try and save an extra cash, <10% of the purchase price, to get the color and stripes I want if I were buying a Gen V.

Expensive paint is not new. $13k for a Alubeam SLS, +$15k on BMW M3 for Frozen Gray special edition (Yes on an otherwise $62k car), $5,500+ for special Porsche colors on up to $63k option paints on the 918... $30-80 on Bentleys, the list goes on... My point is that there are people who definitely DO think it is justified!

No no, their are people who simply have too much money to spend $30-$80,000 on paint jobs. This is a Viper. Not a Porsche or a Bentley.

VENOM V
01-14-2014, 03:28 PM
No no, their are people who simply have too much money to spend $30-$80,000 on paint jobs. This is a Viper. Not a Porsche or a Bentley.

I think it's all relative. Most of my Camaro buddies cannot believe anyone would spend $100,000+ on a sports car, LOL. To each his own, we all have different priorities.

I will say this, a tri-coat specialty paint on a track driven ACR is probably not the best choice. Says the guy with a Stryker Red, track-driven Viper :p

ViperSmith
01-14-2014, 03:43 PM

But if someone wants it, why not offer it if it costs SRT nothing?

Stryker Red wasn't worth the scratch for me, but kudos to anyone who bought it!

Dusty1
01-14-2014, 03:56 PM
Talk to those Camero buddies of yours and see what they think of the $75k Z28, not that far off.

Richard

ACRucrazy
01-14-2014, 04:00 PM
Yea I am sorry. I will stop about the price. Car looks sweet, love the color.
I understand some will see value in it, others wont.

ViperSmith
01-14-2014, 04:18 PM
I really think there is opportunity for SRT to position itself as the "American Ferrari" - they already have a world class performer on their hands, now they need to sell the "experience" of owning on.

How they do that, I am unsure of. But, the car is a winner, without a doubt.

VENOM V
01-14-2014, 04:25 PM
Talk to those Camero buddies of yours and see what they think of the $75k Z28, not that far off.

Richard

I view that as different than a high end paint choice. My (and many of my Camaro comrades') issue with a $75K Z/28 is that it probably won't beat a C7 Z51, but costs more. And a base C7 Z06 will blow it's doors off even without the Z07 aero package, and will likely be below $90K. So the Z/28 seems overpriced to me, overlapping the C7's marketplace. I think one would really have to have the Camaro blinders on to not think the Z/28 is overpriced.

ACRucrazy
01-14-2014, 04:28 PM
I really think there is opportunity for SRT to position itself as the "American Ferrari"

God please no.

ViperSmith
01-14-2014, 04:32 PM
God please no.

I mean not in that respect LOL, but the ability to customize the car how you want.

ACRucrazy
01-14-2014, 04:38 PM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s99/ACRucrazy/000%20Misc%20Viper/AmericanFerrari_zps365e7b34.jpg

SilveRT8
01-14-2014, 05:11 PM

Glad to hear Mopar is speeding up production !!!

Simms
01-14-2014, 05:44 PM
The more I look at it, the more the front side splitters look the same as the TA, but with an extended bottom piece instead of the rubbing strip.

Brian GTS
01-14-2014, 08:31 PM
Video of Ralph with the Stryker Green beast!

http://www.digitaltrends.com/car-videos/2015-srt-viper-gt/#ooid=l0NWR5ajr3s6deM19Tt_hyYyYktj73Rp

SWEEN
01-14-2014, 08:58 PM
Anyone else notice that the shift nob is different?

DreadLox
01-14-2014, 09:00 PM
The spoiler the TA is sporting would look pretty sweet with that Green.... If that other spoiler isn't an option

ACRucrazy
01-14-2014, 10:20 PM
Video of Ralph with the Stryker Green beast!

http://www.digitaltrends.com/car-videos/2015-srt-viper-gt/#ooid=l0NWR5ajr3s6deM19Tt_hyYyYktj73Rp

You know what. Great video Ralph. I'll eat a bit of crow. I can respect the car. I hope to see one in person someday. I love every Viper, Gen 1-5. Viper blood through and through.

gutterworks129
01-14-2014, 10:22 PM
I thought it had plastic wrap on it but it is different!

Malu59RT
01-15-2014, 12:07 AM

It's the Mopar shift knob, was on the yellow Viper at the Mopar booth last year.

The_Greg
01-15-2014, 08:01 AM
You know what. Great video Ralph. I'll eat a bit of crow. I can respect the car. I hope to see one in person someday. I love every Viper, Gen 1-5. Viper blood through and through.

Trek over to Road America next August if you haven't seen on in person by then. Guaranteed to see multiples that day with the IL crew supporting the event.

Stretch
01-15-2014, 09:43 AM
High Resolution pictures: http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/2014/top-2014-SRT-Viper-Stryker-Green.html

Brian GTS
01-17-2014, 09:43 PM
I've always been a "stripes" fan when it comes to Vipers.....but I don't know. Stripes may take away from this beast with beauty in the color variations....what do you guys think?

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/stryker_green_zpsc6727894.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/stryker_green_zpsc6727894.jpg.html)

MR Viper
01-18-2014, 11:40 PM

Gents

FYI - the new Stryker Green is WAY deeper and has more pop and flop (highly technical paint terms ;) ) than Snakeskin; the first production set of panels was completed last week and they were truly stunning. Or should I say stryking... If you liked Snakeskin, you're going to love the new Stryker Green. We can only paint a few car sets per week, however, so don't wait long to get your order in...

GBS
01-19-2014, 05:56 AM
I've always been a "stripes" fan when it comes to Vipers.....but I don't know. Stripes may take away from this beast with beauty in the color variations....what do you guys think?

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m629/Brian_GTS/stryker_green_zpsc6727894.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/Brian_GTS/media/stryker_green_zpsc6727894.jpg.html)

I think it would look great with black stripes but it looks great without them too!

Policy Limits
01-19-2014, 08:01 AM
No stripes is my vote. Would be cool if the color is a Roadster option and an option for the ACR. Though on the latter model some form of stripes would be a must ;)

pythonpete
01-19-2014, 08:04 AM
Needs stripes

XSnake
01-19-2014, 08:25 AM
I'm a stripes guy but I wouldn't put stripes on an orange TA or a stryker green car.

Brian GTS
01-19-2014, 09:32 PM
Nice video that really showcases the color:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9AWiN8x_DA

ACRucrazy
01-19-2014, 09:46 PM
Love that color.

The_Greg
01-20-2014, 08:02 AM
Hmm, Idk, I think it would look great with black SRT stripes. Its also great without, though.

Brian GTS
01-20-2014, 09:18 AM
Hmm, Idk, I think it would look great with black SRT stripes. Its also great without, though.

Whoa, thanks for Photoshopping. Do you mind showing an example of full length GTS stripes in BLACK? Thanks!

Malu59RT
01-20-2014, 11:21 AM
If it truly has the coolant green look like the video shows, then it is the sickest green I have seen in a long time!

mnc2886
01-20-2014, 11:33 AM
I absolutely love the color, but after watching the video again I feel the spoiler just doesn't look right. I don't know what it is, but the spoiler just looks like an after thought.

ACRucrazy
01-20-2014, 11:53 AM
Yea, that spoiler is not wide enough for the Viper IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Love that!

The_Greg
01-20-2014, 12:37 PM
Yea, that spoiler is not wide enough for the Viper IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Love that!

Hah, figured you might!

Here is full black.

canadian viper
01-20-2014, 12:48 PM
would be nice if we could order stripes from the factory.

FrgMstr
01-20-2014, 12:50 PM
I always thought the stripes looked right on the coupe but not the convertible in the SSG Vipers.

Brian GTS
01-20-2014, 12:54 PM
Hah, figured you might!

Here is full black.

Awesome, thanks! Looks great!

I feel the Gen V doesn't stripe quite as well as the prior generations, but it still looks great.

Policy Limits
01-28-2014, 11:54 AM
Just to give you an idea of how pricey Stryker Green is, I Just got my hands on the order guide for the Huracan. Their special order green (Verde Mantis) is a four cost process and is optioned at $4500 which over a thousand bucks less, on a Lamborghini

- - - Updated - - -

***four coat

VYPR BYT
01-28-2014, 01:05 PM
Just to give you an idea of how pricey Stryker Green is, I Just got my hands on the order guide for the Huracan. Their special order green (Verde Mantis) is a four cost process and is optioned at $4500 which over a thousand bucks less, on a Lamborghini

- - - Updated - - -

***four coat

different company
different recipe
different equipment
different employees
different country
different suppliers
different paint
... I don't understand the comparison.
It would only make sense if it were all apples to apples.

Policy Limits
01-28-2014, 03:10 PM
They're both green and I found it interesting how Lamborghini was a cheaper paint job is all. Nothing against Viper; I think Stryker Green & Crusher Orange are their two hottest colors to date.

The_Greg
01-28-2014, 03:57 PM
They're both green and I found it interesting how Lamborghini was a cheaper paint job is all. Nothing against Viper; I think Stryker Green & Crusher Orange are their two hottest colors to date.

I found it very interesting!

Policy Limits
02-02-2014, 08:01 AM
Will Stryker Green be available as ofMY 2014 or as of MY 2015 ?

canadian viper
02-02-2014, 08:30 AM
Will Stryker Green be available as ofMY 2014 or as of MY 2015 ?

2014. i think they are starting to paint some panels now. around 2 cars per week.

gutterworks129
02-02-2014, 08:49 AM
It seems like Lambo products would cost more with import tax and the nature of the beast. I see your point.

- - - Updated - - -

***four coat

Policy Limits
02-02-2014, 12:51 PM
Is SG gonna come with the wing or is that still a question mark?

ViperSmith
02-02-2014, 12:56 PM
Is SG gonna come with the wing or is that still a question mark?

no wing, prototype part

kdaviper
02-02-2014, 01:07 PM

- - - Updated - - -

***four coat

Depends really on the process for "base" paint jobs. remember you're not paying 4500 for the paint, you're paying 4500 on top of what the other paint jobs already cost, although that cost is included in the car.

Policy Limits
02-02-2014, 01:27 PM
It's immaterial once the car is sitting on a lot built; buy as a leftover or second owner and all of these "options" to drive up profit disappear. So time is your friend.

Troublemaker
02-02-2014, 01:28 PM
As far as price goes, it's Prefix. They do nice work and know it, paint jobs seem to be going up across the board, I don't know if they are more labor intensive now or if the paint itself has just gone up. It's not cup of tea, but I'm glad to see them offering more options on colors. The curves of the new car seem to carry obscure colors much better than I would have expected, they accentuate the subtle details that are missed with basic colors.

Policy Limits
02-02-2014, 01:42 PM
Makes the 15k paint job on Stryker Red seem really outrageous.

My Addenaline Red came standard; Hee Hee...

VRYALT3R3D
02-09-2014, 10:07 AM
Some more pix of Stryker Green:

http://www.chicagoautoshow.com/assets/1/23/VehicleRegularDimensionId/Kristi_2015SRT_Viper_Web1.jpg

http://wpmedia.driving.ca/2014/02/cas-12.jpg?w=800&h=520&crop=1

http://shows.autospies.com/gallery/auto-show-photos.asp?imageId=200920&galleryId=681

canadian viper
02-09-2014, 10:34 AM
where were these pics from?

J TNT
02-09-2014, 10:37 AM
Detroit :)

VRYALT3R3D
02-09-2014, 10:38 AM
where were these pics from?

2014 Chicago Auto SHow. Last pic is from the Detroit show

Brian GTS
02-09-2014, 12:17 PM
Awesome! Thanks for posting those up!

Voice of Reason
02-09-2014, 12:18 PM
I'll be sure to check her out at the Chicago Auto Show Tuesday when I go. I'll look at the car too :)

kdaviper
02-09-2014, 12:30 PM
did they remove the rear wing for chicago?

canadian viper
02-09-2014, 01:49 PM
anyone know if the green car will show up at the toronto auto show?

The_Greg
02-09-2014, 06:25 PM
did they remove the rear wing for chicago?

CHI car had TA spoiler, no drill holes. I suspect its a second car, not the same one in Detroit.

brifri11
02-10-2014, 01:39 PM
This green is absolutely stunning in person.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m223/brifri11/1531740_10202103209758963_159345830_o.jpg (http://s105.photobucket.com/user/brifri11/media/1531740_10202103209758963_159345830_o.jpg.html)

The_Greg
02-10-2014, 02:36 PM
I agree. It had a swarm around it at the auto show. 3168

Brian GTS
02-10-2014, 02:48 PM
D@mn, that is HOT!!! Sweet like candy! :)

ACRucrazy
02-10-2014, 03:06 PM
This green is absolutely stunning in person.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m223/brifri11/1531740_10202103209758963_159345830_o.jpg (http://s105.photobucket.com/user/brifri11/media/1531740_10202103209758963_159345830_o.jpg.html)

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a556/loezzzje27/lip_licker_zps6cec6a69.gif

kdaviper
02-10-2014, 05:51 PM
Perhaps this second show car was actually painted by Prefix?

ACRucrazy
02-10-2014, 05:57 PM
Perhaps this second show car was actually painted by Prefix?

Was the first not?

ViperSmith
02-10-2014, 06:00 PM
nope

BlknBlu
02-10-2014, 06:21 PM
The car at the Autoshow was also not painted by Prefix. On stage though and 10 feet away no one knows.

Bruce

pythonpete
02-10-2014, 07:09 PM
The car at the Autoshow was also not painted by Prefix. On stage though and 10 feet away no one knows.

Bruce

Do tell, who painted it?

BlknBlu
02-11-2014, 07:53 AM
It was painted in house and that is the same car as the Detroit auto show. Not sure how the wing was attached though. After all these are not production cars that will be for sale. It also had a vinyl front emblem like a T/A.

Bruce

The_Greg
02-11-2014, 10:11 AM
..... Why wouldn't Prefix paint them...???

BlknBlu
02-11-2014, 10:17 AM
It was just that car, the others are painted at Prefix. Good question, I did not ask that.

Bruce

canadian viper
02-23-2014, 11:21 AM
i cant wait to see a pic of the stryker green outside.

IndyRon
02-23-2014, 12:43 PM
Stryker Green Gen V ACR...yes please!

ACRucrazy
02-23-2014, 12:49 PM
Stryker Green Gen V ACR...yes please!

Read my mind...
Not sure if my bank account agrees though LOL.

IndyRon
02-23-2014, 02:25 PM
Read my mind...
Not sure if my bank account agrees though LOL.

I'm with you. I'm almost hoping they don't come out with a killer Gen V ACR until at least 2015 to keep from being tempted.

Policy Limits
02-23-2014, 08:40 PM
This color in an ACR is gonna rock; imagine a driver's stripe and big ass wing. The 2015 Z06 looks like its going to be higher performance than the outgoing ZR1 which is saying alot. The current ACR really needs to come out blasting