PDA

View Full Version : Interesting VCA Change

steve911
01-11-2014, 04:10 PM
As a FORMER member of the VCA, now proud member of the VOA, I was Hugely surprised to see the VCA open its ranks to the Viper Truck owners.

For the 11 years I was a member of the VCA, it was not only No, but Hell No for the truck folks to be part of the VCA.

To me this move solidifies my opinion that they are tanking over there due to lack of members.

ACRucrazy
01-11-2014, 04:17 PM
IMO it was a missed opportunity for the VOA to not allow truck owners to join.

:t0152:

XSnake
01-11-2014, 04:19 PM
They have already back peddled on that decision FYI. Train wreck continues.....

BlknBlu
01-11-2014, 04:19 PM
The VOA had the same chance but voted against the RAM SRT-10 becoming paid members. Associate members is a different story. Good luck to them and hope it all works out.

Bruce

slitherv10
01-11-2014, 04:47 PM
They will soon be making Challengers, Chargers, Trucks, Neons, Calibers, and well, even Vipers full members. There will only be one exclusive Viper "Owners" "Car" Club.

VOA stands for something. It was called that for a reason. Lets keep it that way.

daytonprowler
01-11-2014, 05:01 PM
As a FORMER member of the VCA, now proud member of the VOA, I was Hugely surprised to see the VCA open its ranks to the Viper Truck owners.

For the 11 years I was a member of the VCA, it was not only No, but Hell No for the truck folks to be part of the VCA.

To me this move solidifies my opinion that they are tanking over there due to lack of members.

Yep.

First the VCA say they are going to let them in, then in less than 24 hours they say hmmmmm...... we better think about it and ask our members.

I talked to ViperJeff via email today and the VTCoA (Viper Truck Club of America) has already started to form their own club. They are working on the 501 stuff and getting their BoD, regions, and bylaws put together. I'm very happy for them. I look forward to getting myself a Viper Truck someday. :)

Drummerviper
01-11-2014, 05:09 PM
Yep.

First the VCA say they are going to let them in, then in less than 24 hours they say hmmmmm...... we better think about it and ask our members.

I talked to ViperJeff via email today and the VTCoA (Viper Truck Club of America) has already started to form their own club. They are working on the 501 stuff and getting their BoD, regions, and bylaws put together. I'm very happy for them. I look forward to getting myself a Viper Truck someday. :)

How quickly we disassociate ourselves. Some have a long memory..........

RAY W
01-11-2014, 05:51 PM
There's another Viper site besides this one and the Alley ?

big-n-italian
01-11-2014, 06:10 PM
They will soon be making Challengers, Chargers, Trucks, Neons, Calibers, and well, even Vipers full members. There will only be one exclusive Viper "Owners" "Car" Club.

VOA stands for something. It was called that for a reason. Lets keep it that way.

according to the VCA logic, the trucks were allowed in because they also had a V-10 engine. i think trucks were allowed in because of a MONEY thing. like you said, soon it will be chargers, neons, and soon anyone that can fog a window . . . . .

slysnake
01-11-2014, 08:13 PM
Who cares what they do over there?

99RT10
01-11-2014, 08:18 PM
Who cares what they do over there?

Agreed. I am done with them.

Anonymous
01-11-2014, 09:22 PM
Vipers,viper trucks,and darts only!

Newport Viper
01-11-2014, 10:38 PM
Who?

Coloviper
01-12-2014, 09:01 AM
No intention to open up wounds, nor rub salt in them. Just posting the "hot off the press" news as has been relayed to me. I will leave it up to those interested to dig out the information for themselves. Considering there were SRT-10 RAMs with that club's official name as an official edition as a truck model, it probably makes sense for them to do that, I guess.

Onward and upward! Just waiting for the first VOA Edition VOA Raffle car now. Money for tickets in hand.

XSnake
01-12-2014, 09:44 AM
http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/1576-Interesting-VCA-Change

Viper Girl
01-12-2014, 10:02 AM
Merging threads

steve911
01-12-2014, 10:56 AM

I Agree 100%

vipernut
01-12-2014, 11:36 AM
As far as I understand..(at this point) the debate and vote rages on as to whether to let the trucks in or not. The vote (at this moment) is very close!

Some folks just don't care...some say..sure why not?! But the most passionate of the bunch are the naysayers...(like myself).

We are stating quite loudly that we think that letting trucks in seems to be simply a way to gain more revenue for a club that is scrambling to find funds! and dilutes the purpose for the club..

They say they're gonna listen to the membership's mandate. If they do..and the majority votes to let TRUCKS in ...I know that many of us who had decided to give the VCA another chance/year will (most probably) not renewing next year. Some folks have gone so far as to say they want to rescind their membership for 2014..and get their dues back.

This letting anybody in who isn't a viper owner is a bad idea.

AZTVR
01-12-2014, 11:46 AM
I noticed that McDonald's puts the slice of cheese on top of the 2 hamburger patties; but, Wendy's puts the cheese between the 2 patties. Jeez, what retards !

F2V
01-12-2014, 11:49 AM
There's another Viper site besides this one and the Alley ?

http://www.thevipergarage.com/

cobraken
01-12-2014, 06:13 PM
Some folks just don't care...some say..sure why not?! But the most passionate of the bunch are the naysayers...(like myself).

They say they're gonna listen to the membership's mandate. If they do..and the majority votes to let TRUCKS in ...I know that many of us who had decided to give the VCA another chance/year will (most probably) not renewing next year. Some folks have gone so far as to say they want to rescind their membership for 2014..and get their dues back.

This letting anybody in who isn't a viper owner is a bad idea.

Wow. More devisive and intolerant rhetoric. Seems it's more common here than the "other site" now.

Viper Girl
01-12-2014, 06:48 PM
Seems it's more common here than the "other site" now.
That hasn't been my experience...

ViperSmith
01-12-2014, 07:03 PM
Wow. More devisive and intolerant rhetoric. Seems it's more common here than the "other site" now.

I disagree, but in any case, the rhetoric isn't coming from anyone in a position of leadership at the VOA - compared to other entities. Just former members expressing feelings.

cubican
01-12-2014, 07:03 PM

No joke , starting to be clear what kind of forum the voa is becoming just another viper alley?

ViperSmith
01-12-2014, 07:45 PM
No joke , starting to be clear what kind of forum the voa is becoming just another viper alley?

lol, you think what Maurine said was something you'd find on the Alley?

I've been the one always saying "who cares" what the VCA does at this point (I don't understand why this thread is around for one)

But, seriously? Come on.

slysnake
01-12-2014, 08:09 PM
No joke , starting to be clear what kind of forum the voa is becoming just another viper alley? Have you ever visited the Alley!!!???????

Viper Girl
01-12-2014, 08:26 PM
Let it go....

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l631/socalgirlz/dontfall4this.jpg (http://s1127.photobucket.com/user/socalgirlz/media/dontfall4this.jpg.html)

Troublemaker
01-12-2014, 08:31 PM

While I don't 100% agree with the direction of the club, this is not VA. I like the Alley, but it is a different kind of forum. I don't fit the mold here, but I still have my ideals, which won't waiver. I still think we missed a wonderful opportunity with the truck owners being members, but I am tired of kicking this horse.

XSnake
01-12-2014, 09:29 PM

I'm guessing you haven't made many trips over there

Sybil TF
01-12-2014, 10:59 PM
http://www.thevipergarage.com/
Yeah!!!!!!:dude3:

Sybil TF
01-12-2014, 11:01 PM

Dude, not even close.:t0122:

Leslie
01-12-2014, 11:52 PM
Agreed, far from VA!

SmoknTires
01-13-2014, 09:23 AM

Cubican, not sure why a few comments from particular members impugn the entire forum. 99% of people on the forums are good people, positive, and aren't critical of others. And we've actually been happy with most of the good conversation, unfortunately when people get critical of one another it's a little hard to avoid - it's a discussion forum. If you have any good ideas, the group is always willing to listen. Ideas?

bitn4ever
01-13-2014, 11:15 AM
Is there a purpose to this thread? If yes, please tell me 'cause I sure as heck can't figure it out :t1232:
On a side note, I hope the trucks DO get their own association. Would be nice for VOA and TOA (truck owners association maybe?) to share an event together in the future.

Canadian venom
01-13-2014, 11:16 AM
Maybe because Cubican is one of the rare ''Venom member'' there.....no time to waste....

ViperTony
01-13-2014, 11:30 AM
Is there a purpose to this thread? If yes, please tell me 'cause I sure as heck can't figure it out :t1232:
On a side note, I hope the trucks DO get their own association. Would be nice for VOA and TOA (truck owners association maybe?) to share an event together in the future.

The other site must be censored again which explains why folks come over here to discuss things they can't discuss at the other site. I guess it's good as it drives more traffic and members here but tends to hijack threads.

I agree with you that I hope they get their own association. Personally, I think the trucks should stand out on their own and not be an afterthought in a car club. Would love to do an event with them as well. Hopefully we'll get a few of them on the track this year at Limerock. :p

mendler23
01-13-2014, 03:32 PM
We did an event in Myrtle Beach, SC with the Viper Trucks and it was a great time. Look forward to seeing them again this year.

MI Viper
01-13-2014, 03:45 PM
Have you ever visited the Alley!!!???????

Yeah 1 time, I joined and the flaming started, not that I couldn't take the crap, but I join these Viper forums to get a "Viper" education, not some immature crap....

plumcrazy
01-13-2014, 05:23 PM
the alley is not for everyone.

whitebeard
01-13-2014, 05:25 PM
the alley is not for everyone.

Really?

VOI9 ASP
01-16-2014, 11:28 PM
Yep.

I have one and have tried to sell it for a few years... no takers... 2005 quad cab, black, looks like new, new tires, +/- 35,000 miles, Paxton supercharger 630 hp. plus... plus