PDA

View Full Version : Charleston Event is CANCELLED

CarolinaViper
10-03-2016, 01:14 PM
Members,

For the third year in a row (I think) we are cancelling the Charleston event. I have been monitoring the weather channels on TV and on-line and all are stating due to a current weather pattern in the mid-US it will affect the path Hurricane Matthew and bring it more to the coastal US. They related its still to far out to predict where exactly on the US coast it will hit first. Most of the weather channels have Charleston dead center of the projected path. They also related, even if Matthew does not land in SC, the Charleston area will receive tropical storm wind and rain. Due to Charleston being in a low lying area and prone to flood in heavy rain, and the fact that our Vipers will not be parked in covered areas, we have decided to once again cancel the Charleston event.

I have received emails from members stating the hotel has emailed them if they were going to cancel, they need to notify the hotel by 2 pm vs 4 pm Tuesday (tomorrow). Below is the hotel information. Ensure you keep you cancellation notice if they give you one over the phone.

QUALITY INN & SUITES PATRIOTS POINT

196 Patriots Point Rd, Mount Pleasant, SC, 29464, US
Phone: (843) 856-8817 Fax: (843) 856-8818
https://www.choicehotels.com/south-c...64?source=gyxt

Jeff Barnes