PDA

View Full Version : New York Metro Area Traffic Violations Attorney

City
09-22-2016, 10:59 AM
Not that any of us ever violate any traffic laws in NYS, but should you ever be "misunderstood", I've had perfect experiences with a local attorney. For the record I have no personal or professional association or relationship with this firm, but they've been perfect with respect to addressing my needs. Most recently, I rec'd a "passing a stopped school bus" violation in midtown Manhattan, ironically on the morning of my daughter's birthday when I treated her to a ride to school (rather than her typical bus and subway commute).

Anyway, they were able first, to delay my trial for 17 months (which, had I been convicted would have remained on my license for only a month) and then get the 5 point violation completely dismissed! They diligently kept in contact via email and were receptive to calls whenever I need clarification.

So to whatever extent anyone needs a traffic attorney, I'd HIGHLY recommend:

Matthew Weiss, Esq.
Weiss & Associates, P.C.
440 Park Avenue South, 3rd Floor
New York, New York 10016
(212) 683-7373 (Office Phone)
(212) 726-0135 (Fax)

Linda Red GTS
09-22-2016, 02:53 PM
So you didn't pass a stopped school bus, but got a ticket anyways?

ViperTony
09-22-2016, 03:54 PM
Notspeeding.com I allegedly use them with great success.

City
09-22-2016, 03:55 PM
Didn't want to bore folks with details. I GUESS we passed a stopped school bus. Difficult to explain unless you've experienced bumper to bumper First Avenue in Manhattan traffic on a weekday morning. It's a one way seven lane avenue with cars, busses and trucks and at 7:45 AM, it takes me about 35 minutes to travel from 61st street to 89th street. That's about 1.25 miles.

We're in the 2nd lane from the left and the bus apparently had stopped at the curb in the lane furthest to the right. So we were 4 lanes apart. The officer told me it was School Safety Day so they were out in force at several chosen school bus stops. When he informed us that we had passed a stopped school bus we asked "where"? He said you can't see it because of some trailer trucks right now. No KIDDING! He apologized and told us he wouldn't give us the ticket but for the 2 sergeants standing and observing a half block back.

Anyway, it's a reasonable and righteous violation on a single or 2 lane street, but not on a 6 lane street in a major city with traffic lights every block. The bus stop sign is at standing eye level so try to picture the scene if you can. NO WAY you can notice a 5-6 foot high stop sign on the side of a bus with 4 lanes of traffic between you and the bus when the avenue is full of vehicles. Heck, we might average 3 miles an hour so it's not like children are in grave danger of being hit by a car. In the end, I guess the traffic court jurist agree with me.

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx2/skgnyc/first%20ave%202_zpstjpj5dl9.jpg (http://s736.photobucket.com/user/skgnyc/media/first%20ave%202_zpstjpj5dl9.jpg.html)

BlknBlu
09-22-2016, 04:32 PM
dang, along with 8 jay walkers, 6 taillights out, 4 lane changes with no signal and 50 cigarettes thrown out a window. Oh and 1 flasher.

Bruce

ACR Steve
09-23-2016, 09:28 AM
You are a baddddd man............. the eye is always watching

PS: that ticket for insurance purposes would have stayed on for 39 months from the date of conviction. Its a big ticket

City
09-23-2016, 10:35 AM
You are a baddddd man............. the eye is always watching

PS: that ticket for insurance purposes would have stayed on for 39 months from the date of conviction. Its a big ticket

I didn't know that and happy I didn't! Phew ... even more reason to be grateful. Now even my daughter finds police judgement to be suspect.

Hostile
09-23-2016, 03:34 PM
City maybe you could get a green card and move to the USA ???

ViperTony
09-23-2016, 06:29 PM

:United_States:

Viper Wizard
09-24-2016, 09:42 AM

He has been trying for years but I think they have him on some kind of "watch list"? :slap:

"watch list"
noun: watch list; plural noun: watch lists; noun: watchlist; plural noun: watchlists
A list of individuals, groups, or items that require close surveillance, typically for legal or political reasons.