PDA

View Full Version : What to look for 2014 Dodge Viper

VRYALT3R3D
09-17-2016, 09:22 AM
Other than checking if any active recalls have been completed, what else should I look for on a 2014 Dodge Viper?

It has about 1.3k miles on it with an in-service date of March/2015.

Thanks!

NT-ACR
09-17-2016, 09:34 AM
Other than checking if any active recalls have been completed, what else should I look for on a 2014 Dodge Viper?

Thanks!

1. Have the ECU scanned to make sure the mileage on it matches the mileage on the odometer. This will insure that the car hasn't had an aftermarket ECU installed at some point and avoids the warranty being denied should something go wrong.

2. When test driving the car, listen for a loud differential. Quite a few have been replaced under warranty.

3. When test driving the car, listen for a pronounced whistling noise. Some windows have issues with not closing completely and will be replaced.

4. Examine the side sills of the car thoroughly. Some have issues with paint discoloring around that area because of the exhaust system.

canadian viper
09-17-2016, 09:45 AM

Thanks!

pm sent

blingnoring
09-17-2016, 05:07 PM
NT-ACR, looking at 2-4 on your list, if the op buys the car would he be able to take it his local dodge and have their viper tech perform an inspection for those that you mentioned and possibly other issues they may find under warranty? I'm also in the same boat and I'm looking at one with more miles (about 8k).

Thanks

BJG32
09-17-2016, 06:27 PM
Dont let a replaced engine scare you. If i was hunting for a 13-14 id be looking for one with the engine replaced already. I have yet to hear about any of replacement engines shitting the bed.

SRT_BluByU
09-17-2016, 06:50 PM
Dont let a replaced engine scare you. If i was hunting for a 13-14 id be looking for one with the engine replaced already. I have yet to hear about any of replacement engines shitting the bed.

i agree!!

Terminator02
09-17-2016, 07:19 PM
I agree about not shying away from engine replacement but there is a confirmed case of a replacement engine failure on this forum. I believe first engine went at 10k then at 9k.

NT-ACR
09-17-2016, 07:27 PM
NT-ACR, looking at 2-4 on your list, if the op buys the car would he be able to take it his local dodge and have their viper tech perform an inspection for those that you mentioned and possibly other issues they may find under warranty? I'm also in the same boat and I'm looking at one with more miles (about 8k).

Thanks

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, a qualified tech should be able to diagnose the issues and get them covered.

blingnoring
09-18-2016, 08:53 AM
thanks NT-ACR