PDA

View Full Version : Code: P1059

cashcorn
09-15-2016, 03:10 PM
Went for a drive this afternoon and when I started it up, I had this code: P1059 02 Sensor circuit slow. Response bank 2 Sensor 2. Went for a 50 mile spirited drive through the hills & it cleared itself? Have Belengars/High flows & stock catback with a tune. thanks in advance!

KB Viper
09-15-2016, 03:23 PM
Went for a drive this afternoon and when I started it up, I had this code: P1059 02 Sensor circuit slow. Response bank 2 Sensor 2. Went for a 50 mile spirited drive through the hills & it cleared itself? Have Belengars/High flows & stock catback with a tune. thanks in advance!

bad 02 sensor on the passenger side. happened to me, you'll have to have them replaced.

ViperGeorge
09-15-2016, 04:48 PM
Given you have headers, check O2 wires to see if they are crispy. Unless they are insulated big time, wires can and do melt. Also check the plastic EVAP line under the fuse box in engine compartment. Dollars to donuts it is melted (they are even melting on stock cars). If it is melted use rubber gas line and reroute it behind fuse box. You better also insulate the fuse box and main wiring harness going to it or expect trouble.

Stealth
09-15-2016, 04:59 PM
My car is stock, but I had a bad passenger side O2 sensor get cooked. My Code was slightly different but the new sensor fixed it. My situation actually blew a fuse--#27 I think.

ViperGeorge
09-15-2016, 06:54 PM
My car is stock, but I had a bad passenger side O2 sensor get cooked. My Code was slightly different but the new sensor fixed it. My situation actually blew a fuse--#27 I think.

Melting O2 wires can blow the ASD fuse. Not sure if that is #27 though.