PDA

View Full Version : Viper with ROE supercharger doesn't start

crazyviper
09-13-2016, 04:03 PM
HEllo,

I just bought a Viper with a ROE supercharger and it doens't start. I already found out where the problem is , and it's a broken line on the Ecu's motherboard itself. If I take the motherboard between my fingersand I bent it the fuel-pump runs and I can start. But bend the motherboard is not a permanent sollution. So I wonder what the price would be for a Viper GEN 1 of 1993.
The only issue is that I bought it in California, it had the ROE supercharger wit its components and upgrades on the motherboard on in and I am from Belgium. So finding a new one is difficult for me here in Europe.
Is it done or not done to search the broken line and weld it together again or still better to buy a new motherboard and weld the EPROM of ROE again on the new motherboeard and the other extra wires at the same place. Because there are many modifications on the motherboard.

I hope someone can advise me becaus this is my dreamcar since it came out and now I can't drive it after waiting one year between buying it and seeing it.

Thx alot!

bluesrt
09-13-2016, 04:17 PM
have someone re-solder all points at your original motherboard in my opinion

SnakeWatching
09-13-2016, 06:28 PM
most all PC Boards can be repaired, you can always run a wire from connector legs to the appropriate part or connection location, if there is a lot of damage to the copper trace on the PCB

daveg
09-13-2016, 06:38 PM
have someone re-solder all points at your original motherboard in my opinionAs mentioned, look for cold solder joints and touch them up. If its an etch, just run a piece of small solid core wire to connect the components.
You can use freeze spray / heat to narrow down the problem spot if you dont know exactly where it is.

Dan Cragin
10-01-2016, 06:00 PM
You must have any early Gen 1 that has been modified for a E-PROM. Your best bet is to get a later SBEC controller and program it for your Mods.

99RT10
10-01-2016, 09:27 PM
I have a PCM out of a 95, PM me if you want it.

Nutkees
10-29-2017, 07:34 AM
What needs to be done exactly to the motherboard to run a roe charger on a gen 1 engine?

I have a charger laying around and have someone interested but thats a gen1 car. Stand alone ecu or it there an easier way?

Looking at the topicstarter it had been done before?

Dan Cragin
10-30-2017, 11:04 AM
The GEN 1 SBEC engine controller cannot be tuned for boost, but it can be optimized when used with a piggyback controller that can be boost referenced. Roe used whats called a VEC1. A Split Second controller can be substituted, but the SBEC would need to be tuned as well. A complete stand alone system can be used as well. Motec, AEM, Pectel and Pro EFI are some stand alone choices.

Hope this helps.