2010.Blue.White.ACR
01-10-2014, 02:22 AM
I have 1

whitebeard
01-10-2014, 05:01 AM
I have a future ex wife.....j/k

TowDawg
01-10-2014, 05:45 AM
Didn't have one before my first marriage, but I got LUCKY in that divorce. If I get remarried, there will be a pre-nup this time.

KRATEDISEASE
01-10-2014, 06:03 AM
I think its important to have one. But then again, I assume someone who is marrying a spouse with more or equal money/assets does not need one.

Equal assets going into the marriage= equal money leaving the marraige.

But I think that if the couple is truly connected then a prenup is not necessary.

And then obviously a couple who marry young where both have no assets going into the marriage have no need for a prenup.

I think the only situation where there is a need for a prenup is when there is a huge difference in assets/income between the husband and wife.

Policy Limits
01-10-2014, 07:00 AM
Take it from a lawyer: a spouse, besides the IRS, is the most powerful creditor in the world. Without a contract she will likely get 1/2 of your assests, child support, alimony and it is all non discharge able in Bankruptcy. For a few hundred bucks the piece of papeer is great piece of mind. Marriage is a contract to begin with so what's the big deal about signing another second one. Caveat Emptor.

Space Truckin
01-10-2014, 07:06 AM
Take it from a lawyer: a spouse, besides the IRS, is the most powerful creditor in the world. Without a contract she will likely get 1/2 of your assests, child support, alimony and it is all non discharge able in Bankruptcy. For a few hundred bucks the piece of papeer is great piece of mind. Marriage is a contract to begin with so what's the big deal about signing another second one. Caveat Emptor.

And if you live in Ca., she gets 1/2 and than 1/2 of yours :furious::furious::furious: BTDT!

Ohiotj
01-10-2014, 08:54 AM
I am a stay at home father. Wife made 6 times what I did when I sold cars. Prenup could only hurt this guy. Then again we got married when we were 23 which will be 7 years ago Saturday.

Policy Limits
01-10-2014, 09:03 AM
Same principle applies just reverse genders. Or, since same sex marriage is legalized in lots of places, keep genders; same principle. Still, the vast majority of takers are female spouses in a divorce.

They say behind most successful men is a string woman. IMO this isn't true; instead, behind most successful men are parasites. Again, works both ways and there are exceptions, but that's all they are. Just my opinion.

C.J
01-10-2014, 09:03 AM
Marriage is a lifetime commitment. If you're not ready for that, don't get married.

99RT10
01-10-2014, 09:10 AM
Marriage is a lifetime commitment. If you're not ready for that, don't get married.

LOL Lifetime until you find out shes been doing your best friend behind your back. :monkeyleft:

KRATEDISEASE
01-10-2014, 09:34 AM

question ; If I divorce and settle and sign off on the divorce and then win the $300 million dollar powerball lottery the next year how does that play into a divorce that has already been settled ? Is the answer " state specific" related to where someone lives ? Can you give a broad answer ? Just wondering.

Leslie
01-10-2014, 09:36 AM
I am a single female.
....not interested in marriage because I agree with the guys here.

Women can be very aggressive on getting what they want!

Policy Limits
01-10-2014, 09:38 AM

It's only a lifetime commitment for the 45% minority that stay married; the other 55% majority end in dissolution

ACRucrazy
01-10-2014, 09:42 AM
I am a single female.

Howwwww youuuuuuu doooooinnnn

Policy Limits
01-10-2014, 09:42 AM
question ; If I divorce and settle and sign off on the divorce and then win the $300 million dollar powerball lottery the next year how does that play into a divorce that has already been settled ? Is the answer " state specific" related to where someone lives ? Can you give a broad answer ? Just wondering.

Every state is different; in mine it's exempt as long as the "doctrine of transmutation" doesn't apply (taking lottery proceeds that are seperate and then using them for household) and inheritance of a spouse is exempt but for the same doctrine. Only my state and it differs drastically from state to state as these 50 "united states" are really 50 little independent entities on a State level in many ways.

VYPR BYT
01-10-2014, 10:03 AM
I am a single female.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxtjxbKOWY1r3dtleo1_400.gif:smilielol:

Sybil TF
01-10-2014, 10:17 AM
Marriage is a lifetime commitment. If you're not ready for that, don't get married. Most don't have a clue who they are getting married to. Premarital counseling should be invested in to find out what you are getting into.

Policy Limits
01-10-2014, 10:23 AM
A spouse is one of the most powerful and most dangerous creditors in the entire world; it's like having a business partner in many ways. Which is why I married a doctor and have employees instead of partners. Muahahahaha

Sybil TF
01-10-2014, 11:01 AM
Women can be very aggressive on getting what they want!Yeah, they do this:t1567: and the male brain goes numb.

daytonprowler
01-10-2014, 11:51 AM
What's mine is mine, what's yours is mine.

Sybil TF
01-10-2014, 12:17 PM
What's mine is mine, what's yours is mine.Yep, that's what she said.

LeadfootRT10
01-10-2014, 02:20 PM
A friend of mine got divorced. He had a small car collection. As soon as she brought it up he sold all his cars to his friends for a dollar. When the divorce was in litigation he didn't own any of them. His friends sold them back and he didn't lose much since he was worth significantly less without his cars.

FYI, single....

johniew398
01-10-2014, 02:22 PM
Didn't know what they were when I got married.

And I don't think after being married 46 years to a beautiful brunette that I will worry about it.

ViperSmith
01-10-2014, 02:34 PM
If I was 18 and got married, I doubt it would have happened.

We were both 30, had assets, a bit set in our ways. It was a no brainer really.

It isn't setting yourself up to fail, it is simply "insurance" - in reality it takes money OUT of the equation of getting married.

Plus, if you are a man, the courts are stacked against you for family law - there is simply no other way to put it.

I look at is as buying car insurance. You hope you don't get into a fender bender, but you surely are glad you had coverage if you do. We are humans and people change over time - sometimes for the worse.

Sybil TF
01-10-2014, 02:38 PM
If I was 18 and got married, I doubt it would have happened.

We are humans and people change over time - sometimes for the worse. Not really, people play the game while dating and hide who they really are.

Leslie
01-10-2014, 02:42 PM

Your ACR and my GTS would be happy together....with a prenup haha

C.J
01-10-2014, 02:57 PM
Gotta look at and really understand a person's values...interests are fine and fun, but when you strip all that away, the values are what define that person.

C.J
01-10-2014, 03:00 PM
Not really, people play the game while dating and hide who they really are.

Yup, everyone marries that "perfect" mate. One guy had a pretty funny story about this. When he and his bride-to-be were dating, she always looked nice, smelled nice, and never spent time in the bathroom.

After getting married, he discovered that she didn't always look nice, didn't always smell nice, and never came out of the bathroom. :)

KRATEDISEASE
01-10-2014, 03:28 PM

Divorce is a lifetime commitment of payments. If you are not ready to pay, don't get divorced.

Policy Limits
01-10-2014, 03:33 PM
LOL

They actually just got rid of lifetime alimony in MA from what I understand; still a college buddy of mine has to pay 38% of his income to his ex for the next nine years under the new alimony law; ouchie

J TNT
01-10-2014, 04:55 PM
Charlie Sheen had one of the funniest lines ever , when the judge said to him ," I don't understand why you have to pay for women ????
His response "Your Honor , I don't pay for them to come , I pay for them too leave !".........lol ! :smilielol: j/kg

Sybil TF
01-10-2014, 05:08 PM
Marriage is a lifetime commitment of payments. If you are not ready to pay, don't get married.
Fixed.You all know what I mean!

TowDawg
01-10-2014, 06:14 PM
Divorce is a lifetime commitment of payments. If you are not ready to pay, don't get divorced.

I hate making payments on anything. We reached an agreed to number, I wrote a check, we said goodbye. lol

Sybil TF
01-10-2014, 06:26 PM
A friend of mine got divorced. He had a small car collection. As soon as she brought it up he sold all his cars to his friends for a dollar. When the divorce was in litigation he didn't own any of them. His friends sold them back and he didn't lose much since he was worth significantly less without his cars.

FYI, single.... His wife had a really dumb attorney....

KRATEDISEASE
01-10-2014, 06:35 PM
And do you know why Divorce is so expensive ??? Because it's worth it !!!

KRATEDISEASE
01-10-2014, 06:37 PM
LOL

They actually just got rid of lifetime alimony in MA from what I understand; still a college buddy of mine has to pay 38% of his income to his ex for the next nine years under the new alimony law; ouchie

Now I know why all the TV documentary shows regarding wives being murdered are always set in Mass. It cheaper to just get rid of the problem.

Sybil TF
01-10-2014, 06:51 PM
Now I know why all the TV documentary shows regarding wives being murdered are always set in Mass. It cheaper to just get rid of the problem.

Unless you get caught......

KRATEDISEASE
01-10-2014, 06:53 PM
Unless you get caught......

Actually its is still cheaper if you get caught.... free room and board and free meals for life !!

Sybil TF
01-10-2014, 07:01 PM
Actually its is still cheaper if you get caught.... free room and board and free meals for life !! And free sex:smilielol:

A2008
01-10-2014, 08:23 PM
Marriage is for Women only! Men should have nothing to do with. Alfred E Newman- What Me Worry!!

Sybil TF
01-10-2014, 09:34 PM
Marriage is for Women only! Men should have nothing to do with.

Say what?

Taylor
01-11-2014, 08:10 AM
Married to my high school sweetheart, could not be more happy it will be 12 years this may! Would never even think of a prenup,I own a business and never in my wildest dream could I imagine getting a divorce, marry your best friend and you never have to worry about it.

BlknBlu
01-11-2014, 08:17 AM
I have never had to worry about this issue but a the approach i look at is have a prenup done and when they ask why, say If we are together forever you have nothing to worry about unless you plan on leaving me. Not a real good comeback for that.

Bruce

Leslie
01-11-2014, 09:13 AM
Say what?

YEH! what she said! hahaaaa:t1509:

yellowviper
01-11-2014, 09:15 AM
Don't believe in prenups. Sorry

KRATEDISEASE
01-11-2014, 09:25 AM
Don't believe in prenups. Sorry

Don't believe in staying married forever. Sorry

KRATEDISEASE
01-11-2014, 09:28 AM
Married to my high school sweetheart, could not be more happy it will be 12 years this may! Would never even think of a prenup,I own a business and never in my wildest dream could I imagine getting a divorce, marry your best friend and you never have to worry about it.

Just, buy the winning lottery ticket and you never have to worry about money ever........easier said than done. More losers than winners in the lottery and marriage game.

J TNT
01-11-2014, 10:25 AM
It's like buying Fire Insurance for your house , everyone buys it , no one expects to use it . :p

ACRucrazy
01-11-2014, 10:51 AM
I watched friends of the family that had 4 children my age and become very successful get divorced after 20+ years. He had to pay child support for his 17 year old and alimony to the ex. They had to sell their near million dollar house all the toys file for bankruptcy and he basically became broke. You may be in it 100% but that doesn't mean the other person will be, even after 20+ years.

I don't want any of her stuff and she can't have any of mine. A prenup is the smart thing to do IMO, not just for him, but her too.

Sybil TF
01-11-2014, 11:22 AM
marry your best friend and you never have to worry about it.

You nailed it!

Policy Limits
01-11-2014, 12:18 PM
The difficulty is that people can change and no one has a crystal ball.

Rare Snake
01-11-2014, 12:18 PM
I just got married last summer but we've been together for over 10 years. Funny story...I had a bank appt about a month before the wedding, and my soon-to-be bride came with me as we had some house stuff to figure out, "sign on the line" kind of stuff. At some point, my banker either forgot she was there or just got really brave, and suggested a pre nup. Future wifey got a bit heated and took offence but stayed cool until we got in the car. It all worked out in the end, no pre nup.

The way I see it, we met when the only thing I had to my name was an 83 Camaro, and an ugly one at that. The nice toys came later in life.

Policy Limits
01-11-2014, 12:21 PM
There's also such a thing as a "post Nup" wherein you can contractually bargain for protection of anticipated future assests to be acquired.

C.J
01-11-2014, 03:30 PM
Don't believe in staying married forever. Sorry

Then why get married? You take a vow before God...until death do you part. 1 Corinthians 13 has one of the best definitions of love anywhere. When you read it, replace "love" with your name. How do you measure up? When I do that, it shows I still have much to learn about love...

KRATEDISEASE
01-11-2014, 04:01 PM
Then why get married? ...

I want kids... kids are fun..... wife not so much.

Sybil TF
01-11-2014, 04:28 PM
The difficulty is that people can change and no one has a crystal ball.

Wrong, they are rotten from the start. Just good at hiding it and most are infatuated with the relationship.

You want a crystal ball? Look at their parents. They usually turn out like one or the other. Sons like their fathers and daughters like their mothers. There are exceptions to the rule but this is a good guide to go on. Maybe too late for us elders but save it for your children.

daytonprowler
01-11-2014, 05:23 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/couple-celebrates-66th-anniversary-1575-hotel-room-21487729

BigBadViper
01-16-2014, 09:09 AM
I understand when you get married at 21 not having a pre nup. What I don't get is when someone is 45 - 50 and has money and they are on their 3rd marriage why they don't get a pre nup. I have been with my wife for 23 years. I guarantee you if I got divorced and remarried I would have a prenup or I wouldn't marry at all. Honestly I don't see a specific reason to marry again. What exactly do you gain by being married that you don't get from being shacked up? If they pulled some crap, like either marry me or I am gone - Later don't let the door hit you. Many more women out there. I would see them 2 weeks later with a hotter younger model anyway.

Sybil TF
01-16-2014, 09:35 AM
What exactly do you gain by being married that you don't get from being shacked up? - hit you. Many more
God's blessing and no guilt of living in sin.

BigBadViper
01-16-2014, 10:24 AM
God's blessing and no guilt of living in sin.

Really so after you have gotten a divorce, which is forbidden haven't you already lost?

Sybil TF
01-16-2014, 10:57 AM
Really so after you have gotten a divorce, which is forbidden haven't you already lost?

No, divorce is not the unforgivable sin and it is not forbidden in the case of adultery or abandonment. But don't compound error with error. Do it right the next time around.

BigBadViper
01-16-2014, 11:08 AM
And what about when there is no adultery or abandonment. Not every marriage ends that way. I do applaud you for never sinning though. That is quite an accomplishment.

Sybil TF
01-16-2014, 01:42 PM
And what about when there is no adultery or abandonment. Not every marriage ends that way. I do applaud you for never sinning though. That is quite an accomplishment.
Now you are being a smart alec. No, most marriages don't end that way but divorce any way you slice it is not the unforgivable sin. Neither is murder, rape etc...

How you make the jump that I said I am sinless is beyond me.

If you want to argue Theology you might want to start another thread.

KRATEDISEASE
01-16-2014, 01:55 PM
Best solution is just to be a baby daddy and never get married !!

Sybil TF
01-16-2014, 02:00 PM
Best solution is just to be a baby daddy and never get married !!

Oh brother. Follow in the footsteps of the irresponsible.

Troublemaker
01-16-2014, 04:36 PM

How is this irresponsible? Just because there was never a marriage, doesn't mean either parent is irresponsible, they may just not believe in marriage. It's a leap of faith, and if you really look at it, most people wouldn't jump out of an airplane if percentage rate of their shot opening was the same as staying married. But we still do it.

My wife and I started out with nothing at a young age, so at this point all assets are joint assets, except for a blue car with white stripes.

KRATEDISEASE
01-16-2014, 06:26 PM
Wrong, they are rotten from the start. Just good at hiding it and most are infatuated with the relationship.

You want a crystal ball? Look at their parents. They usually turn out like one or the other. Sons like their fathers and daughters like their mothers. There are exceptions to the rule but this is a good guide to go on. Maybe too late for us elders but save it for your children.

great advice until you find out she is adopted....besides very simplistic idealistic approach to evaluate a future wife.... is every daughter that comes from the same parents all the same ? and do they all turn out the same ? obviously not, so how do you know which sister you will get ?

KRATEDISEASE
01-16-2014, 06:30 PM

Responsibility to the spouse is earned thru mutual exchange. If you feel it should be given away for free, then you surely are being played the fool.

Besides, being an involved baby daddy is more responsible than being a dead beat ex-husband.

Policy Limits
01-16-2014, 06:35 PM
Another alternative to having a crystal ball is determining if you like her (or his) family. Reminds me of a joke I heard;

What's the difference between Outlaws & Inlaws?

Outlaws are "Wanted". LOL

KRATEDISEASE
01-16-2014, 06:44 PM
Another alternative to having a crystal ball is determining if you like her (or his) family. Reminds me of a joke I heard;

OMG, thats an entire other thread !!

Sybil TF
01-16-2014, 06:45 PM
great advice until you find out she is adopted....besides very simplistic idealistic approach to evaluate a future wife.... is every daughter that comes from the same parents all the same ? and do they all turn out the same ? obviously not, so how do you know which sister you will get ?
I said there are exceptions to the rule. Obviously this is one but if they are adopted at a very young age chances are they will pick up the traits and values of either the mother or the father. I did not say all the daughters will be like their mother and all the sons will be like their father. Usually will take after one or the other like I stated.

Don't believe me? Look at yourself or your siblings. Bet you are like one of your parents.

Late Apex
01-16-2014, 06:46 PM
well ??

who has a prenup and who does Nup.

me and my 2 brothers all have PreNups. Funny you would ask this as my plate says PRE NUP actually and I get honks from the guys and not to cool glares from the girls. Oh well.......

KRATEDISEASE
01-16-2014, 06:49 PM
Funny you would ask this as my plate says PRE NUP actually and I get honks from the guys and not to cool glares from the girls. Oh well.......

Attorney ? or banner disclaimer for any interested females ?

Sybil TF
01-16-2014, 06:51 PM

That was my point when I said look at their parents. Run if they are wacked. Throw in the rest of the clan if you want but the parents are the ones who you will be dealing with directly for the rest of their days. Or yours lol.

KRATEDISEASE
01-16-2014, 06:55 PM
I said there are exceptions to the rule. Obviously this is one but if they are adopted at a very young age chances are they will pick up the traits and values of either the mother or the father. I did not say all the daughters will be like their mother and all the sons will be like their father. Usually will take after one or the other like I stated.

Don't believe me? Look at yourself or your siblings. Bet you are like one of your parents.

The only children who end up like their parents are the ones that idolize their parents.

Sybil TF
01-16-2014, 06:57 PM
The only children who end up like their parents are the ones that idolize their parents.

You are completely wrong. Many men who beat there wives hate their father for doing it to their mother or them yet somehow find themselves doing it to their own wife or children!!!! And swore they would never be like him!

KRATEDISEASE
01-16-2014, 06:58 PM
You are completely wrong.

Actually I am completely correct..... LETS DEBATE !!!!

KRATEDISEASE
01-16-2014, 07:05 PM
You are completely wrong. Many men who beat there wives hate their father for doing it to their mother or them yet somehow find themselves doing it to their own wife or children!!!! And swore they would never be like him!

Actually, I can assume that they hate that their father beats mommy, but may love and look up to daddy in regards to all other aspects of his life/personality.

Besides, I beat up my wife at least once a week for a good work out. If she does not get her weekly beating she even reminds me and tells me to do so because she has been a bad girl.

KRATEDISEASE
01-16-2014, 07:07 PM
I just want to clarify that I beat her with my man tool/junk.

Sybil TF
01-16-2014, 07:16 PM
Funny you would ask this as my plate says PRE NUP actually and I get honks from the guys and not to cool glares from the girls. Oh well.......
You better be as good looking as Brad Pitt or the glares go to a giggle.

Sybil TF
01-16-2014, 07:31 PM
Oh brother. The lights are on but no one is home......

BigBadViper
01-16-2014, 07:35 PM

I do that with my wife too.

But she just lays there watching TV asking if I am done yet.

Late Apex
01-16-2014, 07:41 PM

But she just lays there watching TV asking if I am done yet. Good one and as Rodney Dangerfield used to say, HEY, my wife woke me up the other night talking dirty, I rolled over and she was on the phone !!!!

KRATEDISEASE
01-16-2014, 07:46 PM

But she just lays there watching TV asking if I am done yet.

you need to marry a Columbian/Spanish like I did. she tires me out !!!

BigBadViper
01-17-2014, 07:25 AM
you need to marry a Columbian/Spanish like I did. she tires me out !!!

I got me an LBFM