PDA

View Full Version : How many VOA Members are holding out for a convertible?

Newport Viper
01-09-2014, 05:29 PM
How many VOA Members are holding out for a Gen V convertible? (or wanting to add one to have both!)

Post up here... and what's your wish list?

I am super curious what the styling tweeks will look like. If they just lop off the top I think they will miss the mark.

Hoping for at least a 10hp bump just so the Coupe folks whine a bit. :p

2015 model or 2016?

Motor top (no chance right?)

Painted grill on Verts

Automatic tonneau cover... something that leaps up out of the trunk... wish...

Make it not a GTS or SRT but a whole different a la carte trim level. Come on Marketing make it sexy!!!

99RT10
01-09-2014, 05:30 PM
I am holding out for 700 HP............................:dude3:

Policy Limits
01-09-2014, 06:03 PM
Really want to see a targa with the roll bar like an early gen car. If its a straight vert hope it's not manual like the IV, that's wack. Offering different color tops like sepia would be cool. I'm definitely looking forward to it. My guess is 2015 or 16.

MoparBoyy
01-09-2014, 08:00 PM
I have 2 customers waiting. One of them is buying a Gen 4 to hold him over.

slitherv10
01-09-2014, 08:44 PM
I am holding out for 700 HP............................:dude3:

You'll be 50HP behind the competition by the time it has that. When SRT becomes the leader and not a follower. I'm in. Till then I am just holding out. Period

J TNT
01-09-2014, 09:13 PM
I'm waiting for this option ! ;) 2382

slitherv10
01-10-2014, 08:53 AM
I'm waiting for this option ! ;) 2382

You could have that now. Order a base SRT for @95K and Prefix can do wonders for you .

MI Viper
01-10-2014, 09:53 AM
Really want to see a targa with the roll bar like an early gen car. If its a straight vert hope it's not manual like the IV, that's wack. Offering different color tops like sepia would be cool. I'm definitely looking forward to it. My guess is 2015 or 16.

Verts are great here in Fl, BUT after having a Jag XK8, (Wife's toy) the auto top on that POS was incredibly expensive to maintain, it was hydraulic driven and slow as he!!. My 2003 Mustang GT was electric, and was better.. but I really like the manual top on my vert. nothing to break, KISS principle for me...

Policy Limits
01-10-2014, 09:56 AM
My Lambo went up or down in 15 seconds with the push of a button and no issues. Guess it depends on the car.

The_Greg
01-10-2014, 09:57 AM
You could have that now. Order a base SRT for @95K and Prefix can do wonders for you .

I don't think Prefix is in the structural/custom modification business. Notice the car pictured is missing a roof :)

I am not a convertible guy, but a targa top would be awesome. Best of both worlds.

MI Viper
01-10-2014, 10:00 AM
My Lambo went up or down in 15 seconds with the push of a button and no issues. Guess it depends on the car.
Yep, I agree, the JAG really was a disappointment for me, BUT my wife loved it.... so Happy Wife, Happy life, (for me!)

VYPR BYT
01-10-2014, 10:10 AM
Motor top (no chance right?)... Automatic tonneau cover... something that leaps up out of the trunk... wish...

Definitely depends on the car... and the viper isn't it.
Mid-engine cars can engineer things differently because they have the room behind the driver. Our real estate is eaten up front and that pushes the driver way back... close to the rear wheels actually. So no disappearing tricks in to the trunk are in our future unfortunately.

J TNT
01-10-2014, 11:47 AM
It's not the same , not even close . were do you get parts from after 5 years , who will service in 5 years , in the end it's piece mealed and not fully thought out ! :eek: OEM , Is well thought out !

City
01-10-2014, 01:34 PM
I'm hoping they don't make one for another year ... can't afford it yet! :o

slitherv10
01-10-2014, 01:37 PM
It's not the same , not even close . were do you get parts from after 5 years , who will service in 5 years , in the end it's piece mealed and not fully out ! :eek: OEM , Is well thought out !

Not understanding what your saying Jay. I thought you put a picture of a SSG Gen 5 and said your waiting for that color option. I responded with,"you could have that car and color combo as of now by ordering one and painting it that color. Not sure what your saying about parts and service. Sorry

Jay M
01-10-2014, 01:43 PM
As one who lives in Southern California, a convertible is really nice. On my Gen 3 it's really easy to raise and lower the top, so powered isn't a really needed. Although, if they did it like the Germans where you can operate it at 30 MPH, that would be really cool.

I wouldn't want a targa top. When the car has been in the sun for a few hours, you'd need asbestos gloves to remove it, then where would you put it? Would there be a place for it like the Corvettes have?

And for both the coup and the convertible, a REAL roll bar should be standard, not some foam covered aluminum conduit like my Gen 3 has.

According to Ralph Gilles, the convertible is almost 2 years away :(

~Jay

J TNT
01-10-2014, 01:48 PM
Tommy , click on the picture and look closely at the roofline . It's in reference to convertibles . ;)

Not understanding what your saying Jay. I thought you put a picture of a SSG Gen 5 and said your waiting for that color option. I responded with,"you could have that car and color combo as of now by ordering one and painting it that color. Not sure what your saying about parts and service. Sorry

Fatboy 18
01-10-2014, 03:30 PM
Having owned a cobra in the UK, I can now say I'm a coupe guy all the way. Verts are no fun in the rain!

slitherv10
01-10-2014, 03:41 PM
Tommy , click on the picture and look closely at the roofline . It's in reference to convertibles . ;)

Ahh..gotcha...hard to see it if your not looking for it...sorry Jay...my mistake.

Policy Limits
01-10-2014, 03:43 PM
I try not to drive either in the rain. Can totally see why the 14's have rain mode

J TNT
01-10-2014, 04:06 PM
No worries ;)
Ahh..gotcha...hard to see it if your not looking for it...sorry Jay...my mistake.

J TNT
01-10-2014, 04:08 PM
Having owned a cobra in the UK, I can now say I'm a coupe guy all the way. Verts are no fun in the rain!
Carrol Shelby once said "Coupes are for Chickens ! "........lol ! J/kg :p

05Commemorative
01-10-2014, 07:13 PM
I don't think Prefix is in the structural/custom modification business. Notice the car pictured is missing a roof :)

I am not a convertible guy, but a targa top would be awesome. Best of both worlds.

If you were a conv guy, you would realize a targa is NOT the best of both worlds. if anything, it is a poor solution for each. More noisy/rattles when top on and not the true open feel of a conv when off and you have to do something with the top. Just saying, a conv guy would not make that statement.

Viper Girl
01-10-2014, 08:02 PM
Personally I liked the Gen I RT/10, but hated the toupe... I always yelled across parking lots at my then President Tony to help me take my top off... LMAO it was so funny watching the reaction within earshot... :eek:

Then with the Gen III, the top was super easy, but the cover was a PITA... so I generally left it at home or in the trunk.

On the C7 Premier edition, there is a smoke see thru top that is kinda awesome. It hasn't been too hot out here, but its not hot to the touch. Nice to look thru and it will fit in the back I'm sure...
As far as fit, its very tight with no rattles at all. 2 handles up front and one in the back make it stay on really well.

IMO if we see that stryker green targa... it'll sell like crazy...

Policy Limits
01-10-2014, 08:12 PM
I hear the new 991 Targa will be automatic instead of manual. Can't wait to see how or if Porsche can pull that off. Though if they can, it would be great if SRT could too