PDA

View Full Version : Door wont open after car wash.

Exhlr8n
01-09-2014, 01:11 PM
After hand washing my GTS, the passenger wouldn't stay shut, and the door kept unlocking itself (as if you were pushing down on door latch), and now it won't open from the outside. Anyone have a similar problem. Maybe the switch shorted out on latch.

It was just a typical soap wash by hand and water rinse by hose.

Thanks

Timmer
01-09-2014, 01:20 PM
After hand washing my GTS, the passenger wouldn't stay shut, and the door kept unlocking itself (as if you were pushing down on door latch), and now it won't open from the outside. Anyone have a similar problem. Maybe the switch shorted out on latch.

It was just a typical soap wash by hand and water rinse by hose.

Thanks

Same thing happened to my drivers side door (minus the car wash). The dealer replaced the switch and it's been fine since.

Policy Limits
01-09-2014, 01:35 PM
Common problem as a gen v guy uploaded a video of his that way right off the truck a while back; I hear it was an issue on some gen IV's as well. Wish they'd use the cheap American junk products on the cheap American junk cars and not a six figure one. Covered by warranty but an inconvenience and frustrating as hell

I read some owners use a swifter on their cars to clean them so no water gets on them. Ridiculous

ViperSmith
01-09-2014, 02:26 PM
Common problem as a gen v guy uploaded a video of his that way right off the truck a while back; I hear it was an issue on some gen IV's as well. Wish they'd use the cheap American junk products on the cheap American junk cars and not a six figure one. Covered by warranty but an inconvenience and frustrating as hell

I read some owners use a swifter on their cars to clean them so no water gets on them. Ridiculous

hahah, omg i hope you are kidding

but I've heard of it, just have your dealer replace the switch and you'll be good to go.

johniew398
01-09-2014, 02:51 PM

Yes - several Viper owners have used California dusters for years even on black Vipers. No scratches, lifts off the dust, etc.

Exhlr8n
01-09-2014, 04:06 PM
I usually use a super soft fine wool duster, or a detail spray and microfiber towel, but we had a weekend road trip and it need a real wash...!

pdv25
01-09-2014, 05:36 PM
For what it's worth try disconnectng the battery for 5 minutes. My driver side window stopped working and wouldn't go back up. Once I diconnected the battery it started working again.

Voice of Reason
01-09-2014, 05:48 PM
I think I washed mine 3 times in its 5000 miles last year, it takes too long to do a proper wash! There were just many many quick details done inbetween. Before next season I'll give the paint a good once over to remove any of the fine swirls I accumulated.

nastygts
01-11-2014, 12:49 AM
Common problem as a gen v guy uploaded a video of his that way right off the truck a while back;

http://youtu.be/Is49iN_Az7o

After car dried at highways speeds it cleared up.

SRT demanded the module(s) be changed and took care of me for the inconvenience

Policy Limits
01-11-2014, 12:14 PM
Now I'm afraid it might pop open on the highway. Really a safety issue. Only washed mine twice in seven months of ownership. Next time ill be cautious about water near the door handles

nastygts
01-11-2014, 09:07 PM
In my situation:

With the car running I shut the door and pushed the lock button inside. The door did not replicate until the passenger exited and attempted to shut the door.

I repeated the above for the trip to the dealership.

Policy Limits
01-11-2014, 09:25 PM
Good info thnx

Bitten
01-19-2014, 04:53 PM
I just found this thread and my drivers door is doing the same thing.

I just posted our fix for the wet switch. Under my door problem post.

BlackSnake99
01-20-2014, 03:37 PM

hahah, omg i hope you are kidding

I use a Swiffer (not a swifter) on my Gen II. You got a problem with that?

Policy Limits
01-20-2014, 03:50 PM
Lmfbo

BlackSnake99
01-20-2014, 05:57 PM
Lmfbo

Seriously, I do. But it's not because I don't want to get water on it. Gen II GTSs leak. They also pour water through the hood vents down into the engine bay and it is a pain in the ass to clean up. I prefer to clean it up with as little water as possible.

Bitten
01-20-2014, 09:59 PM
Seriously, I do. But it's not because I don't want to get water on it. Gen II GTSs leak. They also pour water through the hood vents down into the engine bay and it is a pain in the ass to clean up. I prefer to clean it up with as little water as possible.

I LOVE my Swiffer products, I use my plain Swiffer, my Swiffer vac, my Swiffer mop and my Swiffer duster. I am a woman so any product that makes cleaning my house easier, hell yes! I get it. Which products specifically because I have all their products.

BlackSnake99
01-21-2014, 02:13 PM
I LOVE my Swiffer products, I use my plain Swiffer, my Swiffer vac, my Swiffer mop and my Swiffer duster. I am a woman so any product that makes cleaning my house easier, hell yes! I get it. Which products specifically because I have all their products.

I use the 360 Duster. I use it much the same way people use a California duster, but I can throw it away as soon as it becomes soiled. The Swiffer is completely free of chemicals. Works great, even on my black car.

Bitten
01-21-2014, 09:33 PM
I use the 360 Duster. I use it much the same way people use a California duster, but I can throw it away as soon as it becomes soiled. The Swiffer is completely free of chemicals. Works great, even on my black car.

That is cool, no chance for scratching. I have a pack of those and the little wand! I just bought a Gunmetal Pearl car and its so dark its almost black. It picks up dust easy. Great idea and I am going to try those on my car.