PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an ACR-E and saying hi

AndrewD
08-29-2016, 03:40 AM
Hi all

Looks like a great community here and I look forward to getting involved.
First up, need to find a car!
I'm based in the UK so would be buying and immediately exporting. I've identified some tech support over here so that side seems to be covered.
Want an ACR-E, and prefer the darker colours (esp pearl coat blue) with red driver stripe. Any pointers on cars available?

I sat in a car and the driver seat seems a little high, I am 6 ft 1, is there a lowering kit?
Anything I should watch out for, seen a few threads about engine issues? How is tyre and brake wear if tracking? I want to load up the container with the obvious consumables.

Looking forward to getting a car on to some of the great tracks over here, Spa especially.

Andrew

LABrit
08-29-2016, 04:14 AM
:United_Kingdom:

AndrewD
08-29-2016, 04:28 AM
:United_Kingdom:

Hi Josh!

LABrit
08-29-2016, 04:29 AM
Hey mate, I'm about today so will call you back!

In the meantime:

Snakebit10
08-29-2016, 05:54 AM
An ACR-E at Spa is a delicious thought...Hope you get the right ACR-E you want soon.

Special Ed
08-29-2016, 06:18 AM
Yes there is a seat lowering kit by Snake Oyl $446.00 it lowers the seat 2", you lose fore and aft movement of the seat. There have been some engine issues, but seems to be luck of the draw. Any extra space you have in the container should be filled with Kumo tires as tracking the car will obviously consume a boat load of them. All puns intended.

Racingswh
08-29-2016, 09:10 AM
Hi all

How is tyre and brake wear if tracking? I want to load up the container with the obvious consumables.

Looking forward to getting a car on to some of the great tracks over here, Spa especially.

Andrew

SPA will be incredible.

I would buy enough front pads for every event you plan to attend. They last me 1.5 three day events. Rears every other. Turn off TC completely to get a little more time out of the rears. Rear pads are harder to find than the car itself.

Run Hoosiers or real Michelin slicks.

They are spectacular cars!

ViperDC
08-29-2016, 12:03 PM
ACR at Spa...nice

ViperPete
08-29-2016, 01:10 PM
Welcome!

I hope you find an ACR fast!!!

ACR Extreme
08-29-2016, 04:26 PM
Andrew you have a 2007 Carrera GT odd thought they only made those in 2004 / 2005 and a 16M.

Any pictures would love to see those two.

Good Luck on your search ... just seems odd you knew a seller and you two posted right after one another what a coincidence.

AndrewD
08-29-2016, 04:33 PM
Andrew you have a 2007 Carrera GT odd thought they only made those in 2004 / 2005 and a 16M.

Any pictures would love to see those two.

Good Luck on your search ... just seems odd you knew a seller and you two posted right after one another what a coincidence.

My CGT wasn't registered until 2007. Here are pics of the car and the 16M - latter is LHD as I bought it from the dealer in Zug, Switzerland when I was living there.

Sort of a coincidence I know Josh and am looking for an ACR - in fact his buying one was one of the factors that got me more interested in one myself. Surprised he is selling it, but his isn't for me, lovely car though it is, as I said earlier I want a darker colour.

ACR Extreme
08-29-2016, 04:36 PM
My CGT wasn't registered until 2007. Here are pics of the car and the 16M - latter is LHD as I bought it from the dealer in Zug, Switzerland when I was living there.

Sort of a coincidence I know Josh and am looking for an ACR - in fact his buying one was one of the factors that got me more interested in one myself. Surprised he is selling it, but his isn't for me, lovely car though it is, as I said earlier I want a darker colour.

Nice pair to have sitting side by side especially in those colors but I may be slightly bias :)

Try reaching out to the dealers who sponsor here they may have some inventory.

AndrewD
08-29-2016, 04:43 PM
An ACR-E at Spa is a delicious thought...Hope you get the right ACR-E you want soon.

Yes there is a seat lowering kit by Snake Oyl $446.00 it lowers the seat 2", you lose fore and aft movement of the seat. There have been some engine issues, but seems to be luck of the draw. Any extra space you have in the container should be filled with Kumo tires as tracking the car will obviously consume a boat load of them. All puns intended.

SPA will be incredible.

I would buy enough front pads for every event you plan to attend. They last me 1.5 three day events. Rears every other. Turn off TC completely to get a little more time out of the rears. Rear pads are harder to find than the car itself.

Run Hoosiers or real Michelin slicks.

They are spectacular cars!

ACR at Spa...nice

Welcome!

I hope you find an ACR fast!!!

Thanks for the kind welcome.
I found a car at a dealer, who says he has a problem selling out of state/country.
We are trying to see how we can work this.
I would like other options though, as it may fall through. Even my wife wants me to buy the ACR!

AndrewD
08-29-2016, 04:54 PM
Spa would be incredible with the ACR, as it really suits cars with both power and downforce.
I've raced there a few times in Radicals and Juno (FIA CN class cars) but these have less than half the power of the Viper and run out of steam on the Kemmel and through Blanchimont. I recently bought a 991 RS which is a wonderful car but with PDK and rear wheel steer it is perhaps too easy to drive quickly. I also just got a 73 RS which is just the most wonderful, tactile car to drive, everywhere with a huge smile.
Zandvoort would also be amazing in the ACR, as would Monza (raced a Gallardo Supertrofeo here).

ACR Extreme
08-29-2016, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the kind welcome.
I found a car at a dealer, who says he has a problem selling out of state/country.
We are trying to see how we can work this.
I would like other options though, as it may fall through. Even my wife wants me to buy the ACR!

Viper Exchange will export

ACR - E is still the best kept secret in the US smart move.

AndrewD
08-30-2016, 09:18 AM
Viper Exchange will export

ACR - E is still the best kept secret in the US smart move.

Thanks for the heads up. I have emailed the helpful guy who posts on here from Viper Exchange.

Bill Pemberton
08-30-2016, 10:42 AM
New Car Dealers can not sell a 50 State Certified Vehicle out of the United States without being subject to fines and an audit. Since the cars are certified only for the US , and do not necessarily meet other Country's guidelines, it is not supposed to be done. If a vehicle is used though , surprisingly , the concern no longer exists. This is part of the reason Dealers do not even sell to Canada , as the car is not built to even meet the similar standards of our Northern neighbor - hence the warranty does not go with the car. Same thing for new Canadian cars coming to the US , no warranty for the buyer in the US of A. So a used ACR would be fine to ship over, but there are very few out there.

Martin2000GTS
08-30-2016, 11:27 AM
Good info Bill did not know that!

AndrewD
08-30-2016, 01:44 PM
Thanks Bill. Though to be fair that is my problem - and I have to put the car through government controlled test in the UK before it is allowed on the road. Like was done with a friend's ACR-E, and my old Ford GT etc.

Chorps
08-30-2016, 11:22 PM
New Car Dealers can not sell a 50 State Certified Vehicle out of the United States without being subject to fines and an audit. Since the cars are certified only for the US , and do not necessarily meet other Country's guidelines, it is not supposed to be done. If a vehicle is used though , surprisingly , the concern no longer exists. This is part of the reason Dealers do not even sell to Canada , as the car is not built to even meet the similar standards of our Northern neighbor - hence the warranty does not go with the car. Same thing for new Canadian cars coming to the US , no warranty for the buyer in the US of A. So a used ACR would be fine to ship over, but there are very few out there.

That is true about Chrysler warranties, but not all manufacturers void warranty on cars brought up to Canada. Honda voids too but Toyota, Ford, Porsche will honour the warranty fully. Most manufacturers build cars substantially to the same standard (for US and Canada) and only minor modifications are needed to bring them into Canada.*

US Dealers are not supposed to sell new vehicles to Canadians because Canadian dealers don't like it (and vice versa), and savvy buyers can save a lot of money because of exchange rates etc., but since all these cars come from the same manufacturer, they are in effect losing profit by letting cross border shopping happen. Voiding the warranty is one way for some of the manufacturers to prevent this.

I would guess that FCA will void the warranty for export to the UK as well.

*warranty list here: https://www.apa.ca/CanadianWarrantyinformationonnewcarsboughtintheUS. asp

Bill Pemberton
08-31-2016, 08:29 AM
Warranties would be voided for any vehicle sold outside the US. Frankly Ford will cause Dealers to incur penalties and other issues for selling outside the US also. Woodhouse Ford is the Number One Ford Truck Store in the World , so we often get requests from outside the US - can not sell to even folks in Canada.

AndrewD
08-31-2016, 01:34 PM
Thanks Bill. I have a few cars without warranty now so that aspect doesn't bother me unduly.

As people have said, would be great to see an ACR on some European tracks. Just want to join in the fun without paying through the nose. I did that with my FGT, had a US car bought off a dealer's lot and shipped.

DG1
09-01-2016, 10:42 AM

Looks like a nice used (300km!) 2016 y'orange ACR E at ONTARIO Chrysler- Toronto Auto Trader

SharpMan
09-01-2016, 11:22 AM
And it would be around 97,000 sterling with exchange.

Nambo
09-02-2016, 07:24 AM
Hi all

Looks like a great community here and I look forward to getting involved.
First up, need to find a car!
I'm based in the UK so would be buying and immediately exporting. I've identified some tech support over here so that side seems to be covered.
Want an ACR-E, and prefer the darker colours (esp pearl coat blue) with red driver stripe. Any pointers on cars available?

I sat in a car and the driver seat seems a little high, I am 6 ft 1, is there a lowering kit?
Anything I should watch out for, seen a few threads about engine issues? How is tyre and brake wear if tracking? I want to load up the container with the obvious consumables.

Andrew

Viper Exchange has a comp blue ACR-E with 1200 miles for sale now.

Murpowa
09-02-2016, 05:01 PM
Was just about to post that Nambo. Is that the car they used for that Top Gear episode by chance?

Nambo
09-02-2016, 06:07 PM
I do not know but seems probable?!