PDA

View Full Version : Adding Sound Proof Mat to the Trunk Area

Jack B
01-07-2014, 06:23 PM
The pics below show the sheet material that I used on my SRT, It looks like a Frankenstein rendering. The problem is the trunk is cut up and has very few flat panels. It is basically cut and paste with a set of scissors. The whole trunk took about four hours. I bought two of the 12 sq ft rolls from Summit and have some left over. I am going to look at the area behind the seats next.

Troublemaker
01-07-2014, 06:32 PM
I wonder if this will help with drone, on the current and earlier models? The exhaust systems I like the sound of just have a little too much drone for my tastes.

ViperSmith
01-07-2014, 06:40 PM
Jack, great - did you do any dB recordings before to do a compare or just going to gauge by how different it seems

Jack B
01-07-2014, 07:13 PM
I have a good handle on the noise level, but, I probably will not be back on the road till March, NE Ohio snow, cold and road salt are a vipers nemesis. In addition, t he corsa tires are phenomenal above 70, but, imho suck under 70, to the point of being dangerous at 50 and under, which is understandable.

Jack, great - did you do any dB recordings before to do a compare or just going to gauge by how different it seems

ViperSmith
01-07-2014, 07:20 PM
I have a good handle on the noise level, but, I probably will not be back on the road till March, NE Ohio snow, cold and road salt are a vipers nemesis. The corsa tires are phenomenal above 70, but, imho suck under 70, to the point of being dangerous at 50 and under, which is understandable.

Yeah, I am tired of this bullshit weather.