PDA

View Full Version : corvette zo6 c7

Eachey51
01-07-2014, 11:43 AM
Chevrolet leaked a little info on the new vette! looks like 620 hp and 650 lb-ft! sound pretty bad-ass!
http://www.autoweek.com/article/20140107/CARNEWS/140109906 :t89039:

KRATEDISEASE
01-07-2014, 12:23 PM
oh boy....I'm betting that it will be offered with the new 8 sped auto that GM just developed than can handle the HP and torque.

ViperSmith
01-07-2014, 12:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/09Xv1iW.jpg

I don't think it is going to be cheap either. Good for Chevy in stepping up the game. I don't think we will see a ZR1.

Space Truckin
01-07-2014, 12:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/09Xv1iW.jpg

I don't think it is going to be cheap either. Good for Chevy in stepping up the game. I don't think we will see a ZR1.

Excellent Plate :t1236:

Thawk97
01-07-2014, 12:51 PM
wow those are some big numbers

Space Truckin
01-07-2014, 01:08 PM

Will they be "normal aspiration" or "forced induction"?

swexlin
01-07-2014, 01:09 PM

So the Viper makes a bit more power, but the Vette way out-torques it! I remember when that used to be said about the Viper......Vipers used to out-torque just about anything out there.

KRATEDISEASE
01-07-2014, 01:58 PM
Will they be "normal aspiration" or "forced induction"?

supercharged

pony23
01-07-2014, 02:08 PM
Ughhhhh, supercharged = easily modified for more power.

Good for Chevy stepping up their game. Competition helps breed better products.

ViperSmith
01-07-2014, 02:43 PM
So the Viper makes a bit more power, but the Vette way out-torques it! I remember when that used to be said about the Viper......Vipers used to out-torque just about anything out there.

No one comes close with NA to the Viper. FI it wouldn't be that hard

J TNT
01-07-2014, 03:21 PM
Similar numbers to the new Challenger "Hellcat" . :drive:

Nine Ball
01-07-2014, 03:30 PM
This is essentially a ZR1 replacement. Gen V Viper should be a direct competitor in the performance areas, but I'd suspect the C7Z06 will run a little quicker in the 1/4-mile. Those TVS superchargers make it very easy to launch the cars without any bog off the line. Get ready for next Monday afternoon, that is when all the Corvette dreamers will find out the once-affordable Z06 has breached $100,000 and they start raising hell about the price. Same thing they did about the Camaro Z/28 price.

There will be a ZR1 in the future. I know they were testing twin-turbo V8 powertrains in the C7 mules...

Viktimize
01-07-2014, 03:31 PM
Here is another link with probably all the same info.

http://jalopnik.com/2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-has-620-horses-650-pound-f-1496255058?utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_facebo ok&utm_source=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

slitherv10
01-07-2014, 03:55 PM
This just puts SRT 2 steps behind the 8 Ball. Once upon a time we were 4 steps ahead of it now were 2 step behind it. It sucks really when your heart stands to differ yet your brain realizes the truth.
What truth? Well....Chevy brings out the mid ship car (ZO6) to challenge the Viper...Viper challenges back by ,Hopefully introducing the ACR, well, Chevy has one more thing up their sleeve at that point, the ZR1. Chevy has upped the game big time where as SRT unfortunately can't for one reason or another. We've got a one two punch coming ladies and gents and its going to hurt for a while.
We are all here because of what the Viper "STOOD" for. Stood is the word, now we are just standing. Standing and watching. I hate it !

ViperSmith
01-07-2014, 04:02 PM
This just puts SRT 2 steps behind the 8 Ball. Once upon a time we were 4 steps ahead of it now were 2 step behind it. It sucks really when your heart stands to differ yet your brain realizes the truth.
What truth? Well....Chevy brings out the mid ship car (ZO6) to challenge the Viper...Viper challenges back by ,Hopefully introducing the ACR, well, Chevy has one more thing up their sleeve at that point, the ZR1. Chevy has upped the game big time where as SRT unfortunately can't for one reason or another. We've got a one two punch coming ladies and gents and its going to hurt for a while.
We are all here because of what the Viper "STOOD" for. Stood is the word, now we are just standing. Standing and watching. I hate it !

This car hasn't even run a lap around a track yet that has been published, a bit premature to assume SRT has already lost the battle.

Nine Ball
01-07-2014, 04:04 PM
Well....Chevy brings out the mid ship car (ZO6) to challenge the Viper...

Statements like this are absurd. If you think a $100,000 Corvette is considered "mid-ship", even though it is directly in line with the base SRT Viper, then that doesn't make sense. The car being called a "Z06" doesn't make it a cheaper car, it is simply a comparable car. I fully expect a 700 hp ZR1 later on, but it will be much higher priced than the Viper. Compare apples vs apples, not badges vs old badges.

ViperSmith
01-07-2014, 04:13 PM
Statements like this are absurd. If you think a $100,000 Corvette is considered "mid-ship", even though it is directly in line with the base SRT Viper, then that doesn't make sense. The car being called a "Z06" doesn't make it a cheaper car, it is simply a comparable car. I fully expect a 700 hp ZR1 later on, but it will be much higher priced than the Viper. Compare apples vs apples, not badges vs old badges.

lol, this ain't your daddys Z06, that is for sure.

In the land of $75,000 Camaros, I think this may squeek in under $100k, but not the $75k that the goofs on corvetteforums are predicting

J TNT
01-07-2014, 04:25 PM
It Ain't Over till the Fat Lady Sings !.......lol ! :slap:
There's subtle clues dropped in the Mopar Camp if your paying attention ! :p

Nine Ball
01-07-2014, 04:32 PM
lol, this ain't your daddys Z06, that is for sure.

In the land of $75,000 Camaros, I think this may squeek in under $100k, but not the $75k that the goofs on corvetteforums are predicting

Those guys crack me up with their dreaming. They are in the C5 Z06 mindset, which are now $18-22K used. I don't understand why people think the badge means the cars are similar, or should be similar priced. Even the previous C6 Z06 with the Z07 performance package (electric shocks, Michelins, carbon brakes, ZR1 aero mods) was MSRP $95K. This C7Z will have all of that, and more.

slowhatch
01-07-2014, 04:40 PM

It can't, for the same reason why you, and many others on this board chose a viper over a corvette; because they are not every street corner. The same attribute that makes the car special--aside from the mechanicals--is also its Achilles heel, its a beautiful low volume dream machine (subjective). Low volume means no margins, no margins means the bean counters could care less about pouring millions of share holders dollars into r&d to develop new drive-train, aero components, interiors, etc. Inevitably the competitors with the deeper pockets will deliver a faster or more capable, product. It's the catch 22 of limited production exotic vehicles. Lower the price enough and make them soft enough to be accessible and you lose the enthusiasts--hey its no longer special if my neighbor can have one--raise the price and add character and you alienate the common consumer and sales dwindle. Most of the executives that hold the keys to the doors don't have the passion and tolerance for the nuances in this automobile like we all do; they just care about the bottom line, and the bottom line here--if gen 5 sales are of any indication--is getting thinner every day.

Viktimize
01-07-2014, 04:49 PM
Those guys crack me up with their dreaming. They are in the C5 Z06 mindset, which are now $18-22K used. I don't understand why people think the badge means the cars are similar, or should be similar priced. Even the previous C6 Z06 with the Z07 performance package (electric shocks, Michelins, carbon brakes, ZR1 aero mods) was MSRP $95K. This C7Z will have all of that, and more.

I was going to mention the Z07 as well. It was beating the ZR1 lap times from what I remember. Now you have a new Z06 with higher price tag that is infringing the MSRP of a ZR1. So why would Chevy even make a ZR1 anymore? I personally don't see it. The sales were not amazing on it to begin with, the Z06 is now S/C and has all the potential the C6 ZR1 had. It just doesn't make sense from a marketing perspective. Only reason I could see for a ZR1 is if they made a stripped down lapping machine just to compete with the ACR Viper if we ever get one.

FLATOUT
01-07-2014, 04:55 PM
Well I think what people forget to realiaze in the Corvette camp is that to achieve this level of performance in any car but also the Viper and Z06/ZR1is that it isn't cheap.

You don't make cars that run 10's in the 1/4 mile, set production car lap records all over the world, while doing it all with a warrantly for $60,000 dollars. These are six figure vehicles and they are still a bargain compared with other platforms that offer similar performance figures.

If you built race cars that ran these numbers the investment would be significant. I don't have a problem with a 100K Corvette that runs even with a Viper, I don't like it but if GM puts enough money into it, it should reflect similar performance figures.

At the end of the day a Viper is still a Viper and is far more exclusive than any new vette and will and always has garnered more attention. If I were a road course vette guy I would be a little frustrated right now that they didn't keep the Z06 NA for the track. Now the only NA option for a road course will be the base car.

slitherv10
01-07-2014, 05:37 PM
This car hasn't even run a lap around a track yet that has been published, a bit premature to assume SRT has already lost the battle.

Never said it has lost a battle ...said it is in for one.

I was not implying that Mid ship meant money wise, I meant it as brand wise. It is after all after the Base and before the ZR1 which would make a "mid ship" no?
Anyway, I too had stated the same as you have above. the ZR1 will be placed in the same price point as the, "hopefully" new up and coming ACR I am sure which in my opinion is apples to apples at that point. Halo against Halo. I was merely stating that the ZO6 should not be compared to a Viper as a Viper should be steps ahead yet in this case it looks like the ZO6"MAY" compete against our flagship at this point. I am not saying it will beat it, but it will push the limits from a mid ship Chevy. Not something that the Viper should have had to worry about and never had until now. And the ZR1 is not even out yet....yikes !!
I too believe the Viper is still an exclusive car that the Vette will never be able to compare as far as one offs. but for performance purposes, the Viper is starting to meet its match and then some. A position we have rarely been in with American muscle.

Alley
01-07-2014, 05:44 PM
SRT needs to step up there game. Time for a HP bump.

Shooter
01-07-2014, 05:56 PM

^^^this^^^

ViperSmith
01-07-2014, 06:06 PM

Vett guys are going to be quite shocked at the price IMHO. If Chevy can do this for $75k, I'd be shocked.

But in the end it doesn't matter. Chevy isn't looking to sell as many of these as the C7, heck they were barely pushing 1000 units of the ZR1 and Z06 combined the last two years.

I think if Chevy shoots for a 1000/y production at around $100k they will do well... Time shall tell.

slitherv10
01-07-2014, 06:45 PM
This......most notably they are quoting that the ZO6 will be priced around 80K. If that were the case...enough said.

Excellent read...and quite discerning.

http://www.torquenews.com/106/2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-might-be-ultimate-viper-slayer

Coloviper
01-07-2014, 06:50 PM
As my old uncle would say, you can teach a hot woman to cook, but an ugly girl is always ugly. Same for the Vette, they could put a huge polished large volume B&M blower sticking out the hood and really pump up the power but at the end of the day, you have to drive it with a paper bag over your head. The thing is hideous!

slitherv10
01-07-2014, 06:56 PM
As my old uncle would say, you can teach a hot woman to cook, but an ugly girl is always ugly. Same for the Vette, they could put a huge polished large volume B&M blower sticking out the hood and really pump up the power but at the end of the day, you have to drive it with a paper bag over your head. The thing is hideous!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...and its only skin deep.

http://www.torquenews.com/106/2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-might-be-ultimate-viper-slayer

Coloviper
01-07-2014, 06:59 PM
True! But the new Vette would have to be controlled by On-Star as every time I look at it, I just want to poke my eyes out. It just looks like a ripped off hodgepodge of design cues. It lacks soul to me.

KRATEDISEASE
01-07-2014, 07:05 PM

What does your old uncle say about good looking fat women ?

And did your uncle ever speak about nice looking dumb women ?

And lastly did your uncle ever discuss really ugly women with hot perfect kickass bodies ?

Looking for some feedback...

slitherv10
01-07-2014, 07:41 PM
True! But the new Vette would have to be controlled by On-Star as every time I look at it, I just want to poke my eyes out. It just looks like a ripped off hodgepodge of design cues. It lacks soul to me.

Funny you should say that.

When the Viper first debut in 1989 a lot of people said the same thing as your saying about the Vette. It's hideous.

funny thing is though, it sold out before the orders were started. Why?...We all know that answer,, its the same one were asking today, HP domination. That is the big reason even the haters bought it, the Chevy guys converted then and don't be surprised if you see a few in our snake pits.

Viktimize
01-08-2014, 07:16 AM

I agree with you, but it seems like the majority does not agree with us.

Sybil TF
01-08-2014, 07:44 AM
This x's 1,000,000,000,000,000,000..........:lol2:

DARKNHT
01-08-2014, 08:39 AM
C7 Z06 is Supercharged

http://jalopnik.com/confirmation-that-the-2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-is-su-1496951791?utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_facebo ok&utm_source=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Viktimize
01-08-2014, 02:34 PM
C7 Z06 is Supercharged

http://jalopnik.com/confirmation-that-the-2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-is-su-1496951791?utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_facebo ok&utm_source=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Marty, you came back a day late. Back to the Delorean! lol

Andrew2KRT10
01-08-2014, 06:09 PM
All that said, I just took a ride in my friend's and WOW. That is the most technologically cool car I have ever been in. Ok, some of you will say I have lived a sheltered life but give credit where credit is due, that car is real real nice ! My 2000rt is like a mean dinosaur beast (as cool as that is) compared to his Vette as a modern day high end transformer luxury sports car.

IndyRon
01-09-2014, 08:37 AM
If it's a screw type blower again, that just sucks and it looks like I won't be a buyer. I was hoping for 550-575rwhp NA or 600+hp twin turbo. Any supercharger they put on there from the factory is severely limited in ultimate power with upgrades, prone to heat soak, top heavy, etc. What an epic fail. Twin turbo that car, and they would have had a world beater.

ViperSmith
01-09-2014, 08:44 AM
If it's a screw type blower again, that just sucks and it looks like I won't be a buyer. I was hoping for 550-575rwhp NA or 600+hp twin turbo. Any supercharger they put on there from the factory is severely limited in ultimate power with upgrades, prone to heat soak, top heavy, etc. What an epic fail. Twin turbo that car, and they would have had a world beater.

Buddy of mine thinks it is setup this way just to make the mags happy. Car will stay cool enough to wait for the tires to heat up and run a record lap, then basically be toast.

Which in all is a shame, that they are building cars just to make the rags happy

Nine Ball
01-09-2014, 09:00 AM

You couldn't be more wrong. There are ZR1s pushing 900 rwhp with stock shortblocks, stock TVS2300 blowers. The blower used on the LT4 C7Z06 is a 2nd generation design, and should be even more efficient. I do not see any other NA engines that can safely handle 900 rwhp on boost.

900 rwhp on stock shortblock, stock blower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nROqhD4QKa8

It also ran 8s on nitrous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWE8xPwvZJI

I've owned/built 4 GM cars with TVS2300 blowers, they do not heat soak as badly as some people like to pretend they do. The older MP-series blowers did, those weren't as efficient.

ViperSmith
01-09-2014, 09:04 AM
900hp? jesus

Nine Ball
01-09-2014, 09:06 AM
900hp? jesus

And using factory computer. GM > Chrysler, in many ways related to high performance and aftermarket support.

IndyRon
01-09-2014, 10:12 AM
You couldn't be more wrong. There are ZR1s pushing 900 rwhp with stock shortblocks, stock TVS2300 blowers. The blower used on the LT4 C7Z06 is a 2nd generation design, and should be even more efficient. I do not see any other NA engines that can safely handle 900 rwhp on boost.

900 rwhp on stock shortblock, stock blower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nROqhD4QKa8

It also ran 8s on nitrous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWE8xPwvZJI

I've owned/built 4 GM cars with TVS2300 blowers, they do not heat soak as badly as some people like to pretend they do. The older MP-series blowers did, those weren't as efficient.

I believe you couldn't be more wrong. The system is far to limiting and is a crappy consolation prize vs a factory twin turbo setup. The system makes a great torque band, I'll give you that, but with upgraded blower snouts, smaller pulleys, aftermarket cams and all boltons/headers, etc, the ZR1's are regularly getting around 700rwhp not 900rwhp. That is garbage gains for a 550rwhp forced induction car. Sure, there may be 1 or 2 cars that are outliers with all kinds of tweaks/tricks to get every last hp, but it isn't a recipe build that everyone can do. It has been repeatedly demonstrated on corvetteforum as well as real life that the motor heat soaks on the track and your first lap is your fastest. That doesn't even bring into question why the cars will run over 250 deg coolant temps when doing lapping days. The NA motored Z06 doesn't do that. Don't get me wrong, I made offers on 2 ZR1's before buying my current ACR and was within a few thousand on the last one so I really like the car, but the system is more self limiting than a comparable twin turbo setup...that's not debateable...and that was my point.

IndyRon
01-09-2014, 10:20 AM
And using factory computer. GM > Chrysler, in many ways related to high performance and aftermarket support.

This statement, I'll agree with wholeheartedly.

Nine Ball
01-09-2014, 10:38 AM
I believe you couldn't be more wrong. The system is far to limiting and is a crappy consolation prize vs a factory twin turbo setup. The system makes a great torque band, I'll give you that, but with upgraded blower snouts, smaller pulleys, aftermarket cams and all boltons/headers, etc, the ZR1's are regularly getting around 700rwhp not 900rwhp. That is garbage gains for a 550rwhp forced induction car. Sure, there may be 1 or 2 cars that are outliers with all kinds of tweaks/tricks to get every last hp, but it isn't a recipe build that everyone can do. It has been repeatedly demonstrated on corvetteforum as well as real life that the motor heat soaks on the track and your first lap is your fastest. That doesn't even bring into question why the cars will run over 250 deg coolant temps when doing lapping days. The NA motored Z06 doesn't do that. Don't get me wrong, I made offers on 2 ZR1's before buying my current ACR and was within a few thousand on the last one so I really like the car, but the system is more self limiting than a comparable twin turbo setup...that's not debateable...and that was my point.

Please give me an example of any factory twin-turbo car that has gone from 550 to 900 rwhp using the factory turbos and factory shortblock. If you want to argue merits of turbo vs superchargers, I'll agree that turbos are the way to go. My point was not to discount the TVS2300 supercharger potential, as it has been proven. Porting blower snouts and lower intakes is easy stuff to do. You can't modify factory turbos to increase power like this, you can only control their wastegates and turn up the boost. But, most factory turbos are puny, and going with aftermarket larger turbos requires you to fab up new exhaust manifolds and intake piping, like the GT-R guys do. OEM turbos typically mount differently than aftermarket units.

Some guys have removed the ZR1 blowers and built twin-turbo systems for those engines, also. The engine itself is solid, and can handle real power levels. Any car built NA will not reach those levels under boost.

If someone were shopping between ZR1 and Viper with sole intentions of modifying and going the fastest, the ZR1 is a clear winner here. Stock vs stock, they are a tie in performance.

IndyRon
01-09-2014, 12:15 PM
Of course the turbos would need upgrading but like I said earlier, you don't see everyone running around with bolt on 900rwhp ZR1's, though you do see 650-700rwhp ones from time to time. I think I can get nearly the same power from my NA viper with boltons (I'll be trying for 650rw this spring). It isn't any harder to change out turbos if you can reuse the OE manifolds so that isn't really an issue or argument in favor of a supercharger. My implication isn't that the motor isn't stout, it's just that a TVS style motor isn't the optimal design for hard lapping at the track...there is a natural handicap inherent with the design vs a well sorted NA or even turbo setup. The ZR1 guys that track their cars know it and compensate with bigger radiators, etc, and also acknowlege that the Z06 with carbon brakes is just a better balanced and handling car, all else equal, due to the decreased weight and lack of heat soak properties among other things.

The reason for my comment was GM stating "this will be the most track-capable corvette ever" and then putting on the exact same parts that made the ZR1 less of a track-capable car over the Z06 in the last gen. Being track-capable is not the same thing as capable of driving it on the track.

hawk02
01-09-2014, 01:30 PM

Waiting to see if anyone introduces a PRODUCTION Truck to stand against the Ram SRT10, nope, not yet, still a few steps ahead in the truck world!!!!! I don't care what the Vette has for power, how effective will it be against a Viper T/A???? Sure as hell doesn't look as good!!!!! Rock on with the Viper's!!!!

viperdan
01-09-2014, 01:57 PM
Guys you have used the word "lap" regarding building a 900hp superchrged motor, isn't it fair to say that all of that power would be a waste on a road course anyway? Sorry if I missed something but 900hp is only worthy in the 1/4.

IndyRon
01-09-2014, 03:22 PM
Guys you have used the word "lap" regarding building a 900hp superchrged motor, isn't it fair to say that all of that power would be a waste on a road course anyway? Sorry if I missed something but 900hp is only worthy in the 1/4.

In many instances yes, as the rest of the car/chassis isn't designed for the power. That said, in an absolute sense, Ferrari LaFerrari, McLaren P1, Porsche 918 would beg to differ!

viperdan
01-09-2014, 03:34 PM
In many instances yes, as the rest of the car/chassis isn't designed for the power. That said, in an absolute sense, Ferrari LaFerrari, McLaren P1, Porsche 918 would beg to differ!

Excellent point on both counts Ron! The Vette or Viper weren't built around super potent hybrid power plants like the 3 you mentioned.
Even though those cars have proven their prowess I'm still not sure it's ALL hp yet a combination of said and chassis working together. If the hp was relative by ratio the 918 would have run a 5-6 minute lap at the Ring so in turn the car isn't using all the hp like it would in the 1/4. I'm just taking in general terms, I'm no scientist or math expert by any stretch...lol.

99RT10
01-09-2014, 09:51 PM
Some guys have removed the ZR1 blowers and built twin-turbo systems for those engines, also. The engine itself is solid, and can handle real power levels. Any car built NA will not reach those levels under boost.

If someone were shopping between ZR1 and Viper with sole intentions of modifying and going the fastest, the ZR1 is a clear winner here. Stock vs stock, they are a tie in performance.

I am going to disagree with you on this point Tony. The 96-99 Viper can easily reach the 900 mark under boost. My Roe car is 790 RWHP/900 RWTQ. My 97 with 76MM turbos hit 840 RWHP on 9 lbs of boost. The limiting factor with any of the 2000-2006 Vipers are those pissy cast pistons. Too bad too, but the factory wasn't planning on this kind of performance, but we sure are pushing the limits. :D

99RT10
01-09-2014, 09:59 PM
Waiting to see if anyone introduces a PRODUCTION Truck to stand against the Ram SRT10, nope, not yet, still a few steps ahead in the truck world!!!!! I don't care what the Vette has for power, how effective will it be against a Viper T/A???? Sure as hell doesn't look as good!!!!! Rock on with the Viper's!!!!

Yeah, no. Viper is not only about looks, but really more about performance. If the car gets left behind, it will be embarrassing.

Has the Viper community has become a bunch of posers?! What's next, LED light under the car and spinners at the local car show?!

:stickmen_burningsti

ViperSmith
01-09-2014, 10:02 PM
Yeah, no. Viper is not only about looks, but really more about performance. If the car gets left behind, it will be embarrassing.

Has the Viper community has become a bunch of posers?! What's next, LED light under the car and spinners at the local car show?!

:stickmen_burningsti

Oh come on, the Viper has always been about looks as well.

The car hasn't been left behind, I am unsure why everyone is so defeatist. Bunch of debbie downers.

99RT10
01-09-2014, 10:32 PM
Oh come on, the Viper has always been about looks as well.

The car hasn't been left behind, I am unsure why everyone is so defeatist. Bunch of debbie downers.

Look back in history. The Viper has always been King of the Hill. Typically staying ahead of the competition. Even in 2008, Viper was on top at 600HP. Then Chevy brings out the ZR1, playing field is level. Got it. Gen 4 and ZR1 even in performance. Looks wise is so subjective, but I like them both. Like the Viper more(own 3+). After Dodge stopped production in 2010, future was up in the air. When we found out that the Gen 5 was being built, high hopes. HIGH hopes. Gen 4 had 600 HP, ZR1 had 638. Expectations were to take a giant step over the ZR1............................. 2 HP more. REALLY?! Really?! And from most of the real world experience, there was no increase in performance between the Gen 4 and Gen 5. That was the major dis-appointment.

Don't get me wrong, the car is and outstanding example of what they could do on a shoestring budget, Interior is 3 levels above the Gen 4, The question should have been, if there is little to no money to do much with performance, why take the step backwards. Most expected no less than what you could get out of Mopar bolt-ons over the counter at your local Dodge dealer(675HP), but instead we got a +2 over the ZR1............................. Really?

Schen
01-09-2014, 11:57 PM
2008-2010 the ACR was pretty damn dominant. Other than the updated gear change, I don't ever recall the ZR1 ever bothering with the Viper until after it was dead and pretty much beaten by a Nissan. Sure the Vette had 638hp but it lacked aero. That kind of HP and little to no aero, your going to be beating on those brakes into a corner. They fine tuned the car, The gen V comes out, no aero, 'slow lap times' then everyone complains. The TA arrives with a little aero and beats the Vette.

The horsepower wars are getting silly.

--RS

Space Truckin
01-10-2014, 07:12 AM
Don't get me wrong, the car is and outstanding example of what they could do on a shoestring budget, Interior is 3 levels above the Gen 4, The question should have been, if there is little to no money to do much with performance, why take the step backwards. Most expected no less than what you could get out of Mopar bolt-ons over the counter at your local Dodge dealer(675HP), but instead we got a +2 over the ZR1............................. Really?

IIRC the ZR1 has a blower, I suspect the blower is worth min 75-100 hp, put a blower on a Gen 5 and you could be looking at 725-750 hp and all the torque you can use. JM2C

slitherv10
01-10-2014, 08:40 AM
IIRC the ZR1 has a blower, I suspect the blower is worth min 75-100 hp, put a blower on a Gen 5 and you could be looking at 725-750 hp and all the torque you can use. JM2C

Yes but if my grandma was called grandpa she'd have balls.

What is and what if is not the solution, we keep reverting back to the fact that we are still NA and that alone should hold us up. It is still a production factory car against a factory car. Blowers, TT built this , tires that, it is what it is.
SRT wanted to bring back the Gen 2 styling with real world mechanics. They were thinking in the right direction. What they did wrong was listen to a few sissy's that wanted leather this and speakers that and ended up sittin on it. Put that shoe string budget towards performance as did Dodge in those days and quite all the fuss with soft ass leather and glow in the dark snake and 15K paintjobs.
If SRT would offer a one time exchange for a Gen 5 where as all newly ordered cars could have the option of 100 extra factory HP or the top leather interior, 18 speakers, and mode that, and paint this, I would bet you 90% of you that ordered would take the HP option. you know and I know it. Lets not fool ourselves here and defend the supple leather after the fact.

I agree with 99RT10

Coloviper
01-10-2014, 04:42 PM
I think your number is way high. I also feel your rationalization is not sound.

A lot wanted better interior, materials, fit and finish. Plenty of used Vipers out there which can be modified for extra power if that is all you care about. It's like a speed metal band, only can go so fast so what sets a band apart.

Justification to buy a new one is to get what you can't or didn't in the past. A lot of new GEN V owners are buying 14s because of what is offered now as options, fit, finish and design, not insane levels if power, while 640 is not mundane to say the least.

While HP sells, the old adage does not cover the high percentage of rationale today where 550hp+ is common place. Not like the days of your when other performance cars had 250hp.

Work on design issues, fit, finish, dealer support, etc. and try to get price back in line. Priced out if many peoples budget regardless of what power it has.

Your formula would be worse for sales as who would pay that kind of scratch for a car with 100 more hp and the previous car's Fisher Price interior. Answer is not as many as bought into what they offer now. Why because an exhaust change and chip, etc on. a Gen IV and you made up that difference for significantly less. That simple fact can not be denied.

slitherv10
01-10-2014, 05:44 PM
I think your number is way high. I also feel your rationalization is not sound.

A lot wanted better interior, materials, fit and finish. Plenty of used Vipers out there which can be modified for extra power if that is all you care about. It's like a speed metal band, only can go so fast so what sets a band apart.

Justification to buy a new one is to get what you can't or didn't in the past. A lot of new GEN V owners are buying 14s because of what is offered now as options, fit, finish and design, not insane levels if power, while 640 is not mundane to say the least.

While HP sells, the old adage does not cover the high percentage of rationale today where 550hp+ is common place. Not like the days of your when other performance cars had 250hp.

Work on design issues, fit, finish, dealer support, etc. and try to get price back in line. Priced out if many peoples budget regardless of what power it has.

Your formula would be worse for sales as who would pay that kind of scratch for a car with 100 more hp and the previous car's Fisher Price interior. Answer is not as many as bought into what they offer now. Why because an exhaust change and chip, etc on. a Gen IV and you made up that difference for significantly less. That simple fact can not be denied.

I totally disagree with your train of thought.

Your version is what sells some....some. My version is what will sell more...more.
If what your saying is true, there would not be countless posts of potential buyers and owners who are either not buying a Viper or holding onto what they already have because the new car does not have all that and some that it should have had to make the extra sales. Yes, of course the Gen 5 has sold cars, but way below expected numbers. There has too be a reason. Is it price as you say? Well, lets see what people were paying for a Viper GTS back in 96...96K if I remember what my window sticker says here in Canada. The housing market and standard of living percentage has gone up mathematically at an equal average and todays Gen 5 is worth the same with no buyers.
If I remember correctly, fit and finish as you say , back then was also something people were scouting for but, when the Viper came out the Ferrari and Lambo boys converted over to this Fisher price as you say interior. You know why? Because, that was not the reason to own a Viper...if you think that fit and finish is what put the Viper on the map then and what should now,, then you are mistaken. The Market has spoken and the facts are in. A third of what SRT thought would sell sold and Gen 1,2,3 and 4 owners are hanging onto their cars. I agree its not all about HP, otherwise we would all be trading in our Vipers. It has to do with a lot more reasons, but, at the end of the day, you should remember the old Harley rule...if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Leave the Viper the way it came in. With performance in mind, and not amenities like speakers and 3 leather options that are only catching the attention of a mere few buyers as it has done.
Most guys that can afford a 100K + vehicle are people that are well off, comfortable in life and have a little to spend. Those people are few and between. Most Viper owners work and worked for years to get one. Those guys are true muscle heads that HP does matter. This car after all was built with the Shelby Cobra as its grand daddy. Plain raw kit car style power.

SWEEN
01-10-2014, 07:19 PM
We will see in 3 days but I got a good feeling that the C7 Z06 will be ridiculous. If its really 620 hp/650 lb of torque for 80K then Chevy will hit it out of the ballpark. I'm not talking like GT500 with 662 hp but doesn't have independent suspension I'm talking about a quality supercar with 650 lbs of torque for mid 80's. That's just insane.

SSGNRDZ_28
01-10-2014, 08:29 PM
Some additional information:

- 8L90E 8-Speed Automatic available! Only 600+ hp car so equipped
- Steel torque tube replaced with woven c/f
- 60% more rigid chassis, with roof on, than C6 Z06
- 2.2" wider front track
- 3" wider rear track
- Wheel and tire sizes from C6 ZR1
- 3 levels, with varying degrees of aero downforce, with the Z07 version having more d/f than any production car GM's tested in their wind tunnel
- Compact 1.7L supercharger capable of 20,000 rpm and 9.5 psi of boost
- Pre-production versions set lap records @ Milford, beating ZR1 lap times

Sybil TF
01-10-2014, 09:38 PM
Yeah, no. Viper is not only about looks, but really more about performance.

:stickmen_burningsti It's all about looks for me baby!

Nine Ball
01-11-2014, 07:05 AM
"- Compact 1.7L supercharger capable of 20,000 rpm and 9.5 psi of boost"

If that size is accurate, that would be a downgrade from the current 2.3L supercharger on the ZR1. It is even smaller than the CTS-V and ZL1 supercharger, which are 1.9L.

BlknBlu
01-11-2014, 07:28 AM
folks forget to realize that the Viper is still 3rd on the list for weight to HP ratio which means a lot. Competition is good but for tracking a car N/A is still the way to go.

Bruce

ViperSmith
01-11-2014, 09:26 AM
And honestly, I never understood why guys get upset with Chevy possibly besting the Viper.

It just means that Ralph will have to do that much better with the ACR. It is an inevitable back and forth and SRT will answer.

If anything, everyone should be happy, because we will get a better Viper for it - and the Viper may still best the new Z06 - time shall tell.

I think if the Viper can get better factory tires, it will still run right over the new Z06.

Nine Ball
01-11-2014, 09:36 AM
A lot of people just like to complain. Even if the Viper were slower, I'd still rather have a Viper. I bought a new C6Z06 in '09, and already owned the '06 Viper at that time. I bought the Corvette for a daily driver that was fun, and wouldn't get a lot of attention. Something common, that I could park at the mall and not worry about. I seriously doubt anyone that has the means to afford a new Viper, and likes Vipers, will pick a Corvette instead. I actually like my CTS-V better than the Z06, which is why I still own the Caddy.

KRATEDISEASE
01-11-2014, 09:42 AM
"Monday, Monday , so good to me ", was that the Mammas and Pappas song or was it Chevrolet that sang that ?

Mamba52
01-11-2014, 10:58 AM
I could afford a Viper and instead purchased a C7 Z51 already installed headers and a tune. Looking to install a supercharger for around $5k And Make 600 RWHP. The new Z06 is going to destroy the Viper mark my words. Hopefully they will bring back the ACR.

ACRucrazy
01-11-2014, 11:09 AM
I could afford a Viper and instead purchased a C7 Z51 already installed headers and a tune. Looking to install a supercharger for around $5k And Make 600 RWHP. The new Z06 is going to destroy the Viper mark my words. Hopefully they will bring back the ACR.

Marked.

Coloviper
01-11-2014, 11:50 AM
Guess we will agree to disagree then.

I can't even begin to pick apart the response issues. While I am not going to discount HP's importance, but it is NOT the sole reason for buying a car at this price range. The "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality is something that people say that are going nowhere in life. Look at Polariod, look at Zerox, look at the Ford Crown Vic. Yes worked for Harley BUT only for awhile. Everything must evolve or die. It is much better to adopt a "just because you can, should you" approach. The later allows for things to evolve with the heart and soul of the original intention to prevail.

If you paid $96k for a 96' GTS when MSRP was $67K at the time, well not sure what to tell you. In 08' to 10', the Viper added 100 HP, and production was still down, down, down year to year. Didn't meet expectations at the time either so right there, it shows that there are other issues holding owners away and it is not HP.

In the end, everyone has a respective opinion and we should just accept that. Bottom line is I don't agree with you on the presented point that the car is not selling because they lack power. True that is not helping but it is not that real large reason for why they are not selling.

Guess I am straying from the OPs thread intent so I will pull out of discussion except to say, great power and performance for new ZO7 but I would still not buy one as they are not my style. I personally would take a 15' Mustang over it that is slower as the new Corvette design does nothing for me for excitement. It is a free country and thankfully I am entitled to my own opinion as you are yours. I respect that, even though I don't agree with it.

I totally disagree with your train of thought.

Your version is what sells some....some. My version is what will sell more...more.
If what your saying is true, there would not be countless posts of potential buyers and owners who are either not buying a Viper or holding onto what they already have because the new car does not have all that and some that it should have had to make the extra sales. Yes, of course the Gen 5 has sold cars, but way below expected numbers. There has too be a reason. Is it price as you say? Well, lets see what people were paying for a Viper GTS back in 96...96K if I remember what my window sticker says here in Canada. The housing market and standard of living percentage has gone up mathematically at an equal average and todays Gen 5 is worth the same with no buyers.
If I remember correctly, fit and finish as you say , back then was also something people were scouting for but, when the Viper came out the Ferrari and Lambo boys converted over to this Fisher price as you say interior. You know why? Because, that was not the reason to own a Viper...if you think that fit and finish is what put the Viper on the map then and what should now,, then you are mistaken. The Market has spoken and the facts are in. A third of what SRT thought would sell sold and Gen 1,2,3 and 4 owners are hanging onto their cars. I agree its not all about HP, otherwise we would all be trading in our Vipers. It has to do with a lot more reasons, but, at the end of the day, you should remember the old Harley rule...if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Leave the Viper the way it came in. With performance in mind, and not amenities like speakers and 3 leather options that are only catching the attention of a mere few buyers as it has done.
Most guys that can afford a 100K + vehicle are people that are well off, comfortable in life and have a little to spend. Those people are few and between. Most Viper owners work and worked for years to get one. Those guys are true muscle heads that HP does matter. This car after all was built with the Shelby Cobra as its grand daddy. Plain raw kit car style power.

Schen
01-11-2014, 12:04 PM
andddddd it's here...

I think this battle is over.

--RS

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19c85hj4aeqk9jpg/original.jpg
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19c85y8wijrj5jpg/original.jpg
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19c8628xx73ztjpg/original.jpg

viperdan
01-11-2014, 12:30 PM
andddddd it's here...

I think this battle is over.

--RS

What battle is over?

SWEEN
01-11-2014, 12:30 PM
Look at that front splitter, Holy S***.

Props to GM, Ralph get that ACR ready!

Schen
01-11-2014, 12:45 PM
What battle is over?

Really? I think it's pretty obvious when one company is relying on a 'name-this-color' contest instead of fixing the damage that's already been done, while the other is providing full on sledgehammers that the rest of the world drooling over.

As much as it pains me to say it, the car should have remained hidden for another year and unveiled at NYIAS in 2013. At least. I understand that companies are on a deadline to move product but I think it's obvious, not just with the Viper, that even though the product looks good it hasn't been smooth sailing.

--RS

Coloviper
01-11-2014, 12:48 PM
Battle of ugly and to GM's credit they went all out to win hands down! No contest!

Went above and beyond to make the car even more horrendous. While I am definitely sure functional and advantageous around a track, those add-on parts for the Z07 look slapped on all over. The front CF fender extenders only, the boxed front Splitter, the boxed rear wing, that boxed diffuser with weird planes hanging in the middle horizontally, nothing flows for style. I didn't think it could get any more ugly but they just topped that. Can't wait for the ZR1. It will give the Delta Wing a run for it's money.....on non-style points.

What battle is over?

RedTanRT/10
01-11-2014, 12:49 PM
Look back in history. The Viper has always been King of the Hill. Typically staying ahead of the competition. Even in 2008, Viper was on top at 600HP. Then Chevy brings out the ZR1, playing field is level. Got it. Gen 4 and ZR1 even in performance. Looks wise is so subjective, but I like them both. Like the Viper more(own 3+). After Dodge stopped production in 2010, future was up in the air. When we found out that the Gen 5 was being built, high hopes. HIGH hopes. Gen 4 had 600 HP, ZR1 had 638. Expectations were to take a giant step over the ZR1............................. 2 HP more. REALLY?! Really?! And from most of the real world experience, there was no increase in performance between the Gen 4 and Gen 5. That was the major dis-appointment.

Mike, I hear you and agree

If you remember the revised Z-06 that came out in '06 killed the Gen III coupe sales and caused Chrysler to throw $10K dealer cash to move then that fall. Went back to the drawing board, no '07 vipers, and build the Gen IV's with 100 more hp. and the ACR.

Gen 5 is improved, but so much of the $$$'s went to make it a grand touring machine vs. the raw car it has always been. The targeted audience for the new GTS wants auto trans so they aren't capturing cross shoppers and loyalists push back on the price/performance vs. their current viper.

This new Z-06 sounds like a great car and makes the primary reason to buy a Gen 5 GTS uniqueness, not performance. Good luck to the dealers with 2013 GTS in inventory.

viperdan
01-11-2014, 01:01 PM
Really? I think it's pretty obvious when one company is relying on a 'name-this-color' contest instead of fixing the damage that's already been done, while the other is providing full on sledgehammers that the rest of the world drooling over.

As much as it pains me to say it, the car should have remained hidden for another year and unveiled at NYIAS in 2013. At least. I understand that companies are on a deadline to move product but I think it's obvious, not just with the Viper, that even though the product looks good it hasn't been smooth sailing.

--RS

On the one hand I hear what you're saying RS but on the other hand there is no comparison. Even if that is the new ZO7 all they have apparently done is add the wide body, splitter and some meat underneath, it's still ugly as sin. Remember when the C7 came out all of the GM engineers were screaming to anyone who would listen that 285's were more than enough for the platform, now from what I've read the Z will have 335's. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the power plant and set up will be outstanding but certainly no reason to throw in the towel. As for the world drooling, well they should invest in some napkins and glasses. LOL

v10enomous
01-11-2014, 01:11 PM
C7 ACR... I wonder if they will do a center band paint job... I can hear it now. If you could afford a C6 Z06 you can afford a C7 Z06. The McLaren MP4 12c was our target.

ViperSmith
01-11-2014, 01:15 PM
I love how you all act like it is a zero sum game.

Who cares if the Z06 has 5 more hp or runs some random track 1/2 second faster or slower.

Ill enjoy my Gen V just as much as I did last time I drove it next time I'll drive it.

Equal tires on the Gen v or the Z06 - IMHO the Viper will still win - the ACR will cream it.

v10enomous
01-11-2014, 01:23 PM
The pricing will be interesting. If it's 80's then there may still be a ZR1 but they may just sell this for $90's or $100k as the replacement for the Z06 and ZR1 so that the ZR1 guys will just buy this.

Nine Ball
01-11-2014, 01:30 PM
Now that we've seen it, I'm going to estimate $110K+ MSRP with the carbon aero and carbon ceramic brakes. This car is more expensive than the outgoing ZR1, which was MSRP $120K. Only dreamers think this car will be priced the same as the 2014 Camaro Z28, which is $75K itself. What will be interesting is if they offer it without certain parts, with a base model under $100K. The base model could have steel brakes, lesser tires, no aero mods, etc...

ViperSmith
01-11-2014, 01:42 PM
Now that we've seen it, I'm going to estimate $110K+ MSRP with the carbon aero and carbon ceramic brakes. This car is more expensive than the outgoing ZR1, which was MSRP $120K. Only dreamers think this car will be priced the same as the 2014 Camaro Z28, which is $75K itself. What will be interesting is if they offer it without certain parts, with a base model under $100K. The base model could have steel brakes, lesser tires, no aero mods, etc...

lol, corvetteforums is going to implode on the pricing when it is announced.

My guess is $95 starting, but could be more as you say.

Will be an impressive machine, no doubt.

Schen
01-11-2014, 01:44 PM
I love how you all act like it is a zero sum game.

Who cares if the Z06 has 5 more hp or runs some random track 1/2 second faster or slower.

Ill enjoy my Gen V just as much as I did last time I drove it next time I'll drive it.

Equal tires on the Gen v or the Z06 - IMHO the Viper will still win - the ACR will cream it.

Harold, this is what EVERYONE should be saying on Viper related forums...

BUT they can't and won't. Why?

There shouldn't have EVER been a TA. The TA performance SHOULD have been what the SRT/GTS was when it came to market. Motor Trend specifically said the TA was 'the car we made them build'. Why did that need to happen? Plain as day, the writings on the wall.

Along with the million of other magazine failures and dealer failures that still exist today. Remember that dealer in NY that shot that lame ad for the car? The consumer discovered that, the consumer related that to the company. That shouldn't have happened either! There's a room full of people, half know the car 'died' in 2010, half didn't even know it almost got the axe too and thought it was still in production.

'We brought the Viper back for the fans of the Viper.' The fans of the Viper didn't want 19 speakers and a TV in the center console the last 4 generations, why now?

--RS

ACRucrazy
01-11-2014, 01:51 PM
There shouldn't have EVER been a TA. The TA performance SHOULD have been what the SRT/GTS was when it came to market. Motor Trend specifically said the TA was 'the car we made them build'. Why did that need to happen? Plain as day, the writings on the wall.

Along with the million of other magazine failures and dealer failures that still exist today. Remember that dealer in NY that shot that lame ad for the car? The consumer discovered that, the consumer related that to the company. That shouldn't have happened either! There's a room full of people, half know the car 'died' in 2010, half didn't even know it almost got the axe too and thought it was still in production.

'We brought the Viper back for the fans of the Viper.' The fans of the Viper didn't want 19 speakers and a TV in the center console the last 4 generations, why now?

--RS

I agree with all this.

Nine Ball
01-11-2014, 01:59 PM
lol, corvetteforums is going to implode on the pricing when it is announced.

My guess is $95 starting, but could be more as you say.

Will be an impressive machine, no doubt.

Bet big money that they don't even mention a peep about MSRP on Monday during the unveil. They unveiled the Camaro Z/28 in March of 2013, but didn't mention MSRP until December. They know the sticker shock of this Z06 will detract from the positive buzz, so they are smart and won't even mention it for a while. The car won't be ready until late 2014, so I bet pricing comes out in six months.

ViperSmith
01-11-2014, 02:00 PM
Harold, this is what EVERYONE should be saying on Viper related forums...

BUT they can't and won't. Why?

--RS

But in reality, the TA is nothing more than a marketing gimmick. The only "real" differences between it and the GTS and SRT that ran were the aero on the car. The SRT and GTS should have run closer times to the TA than it did.

No one will make excuses for how poorly SRT handled the launch, certainly not me - of all people who originally canceled their order.

I think people are over exaggerating the issues now and worrying too much with what Chevy is doing. The Z06 will be a great car, it will force Ralph to make a better ACR - everyone should be happy.

I am still of the opinion that the Z06, on equal tires, will sit behind the Gen V, though not by much.

Coloviper
01-11-2014, 02:25 PM
Which is good ViperSmith because if it was in front and we had to look at that ugly ass all day long, we would get sick.

LittleCobra
01-11-2014, 02:28 PM
If SRT is going to follow through on their path towards the newer technologies the new ACR will have an active aero rear wing like the Veyron and some others. This combined with the TA (or even better) brakes, a fully stripped down and lightened interior, proper tires and bodywork reminiscent of the GTS-R will not only kill the new Corvette but any and everyone who dares to lay eyes on it.

SWEEN
01-11-2014, 02:50 PM
The Stingray is NOT ugly in the slightest bit. Seen two on the road and I couldn't stop staring. Little kids were telling the driver to roll down his window to ask what kind of car it was. Never in my life have I seen a corvette get this much attention. Yes beauty is in the eye of the beholder but this corvette definitely turns heads.

Schen your "We brought the Viper back for the fans of the Viper.' The fans of the Viper didn't want 19 speakers and a TV in the center console the last 4 generations, why now?" is spot on. I remember when the viper community was outraged when the Gen 3 had a cup holder, times have changed.

KRATEDISEASE
01-11-2014, 03:04 PM
Bet big money that they don't even mention a peep about MSRP on Monday during the unveil. They unveiled the Camaro Z/28 in March of 2013, but didn't mention MSRP until December. They know the sticker shock of this Z06 will detract from the positive buzz, so they are smart and won't even mention it for a while. The car won't be ready until late 2014, so I bet pricing comes out in six months.

Yes , agreed for sure.... GM marketing is smart like that

ACRucrazy
01-11-2014, 03:24 PM
But in reality, the TA is nothing more than a marketing gimmick. The only "real" differences between it and the GTS and SRT that ran were the aero on the car. The SRT and GTS should have run closer times to the TA than it did.

The TA gets Brembo brakes front and rear which are 2 pounds heavier per corner. It gets the GTS 2 mode suspension, except it has 2 different track settings instead of street. It shares the track pack wheels and tires. The front sway bars and coil springs are also different than those in the SRT & GTS. That and the CF goodies throughout the car. Sure it may be a marketing gimmick but its more than just a CF aero package.

99RT10
01-11-2014, 04:04 PM
The Stingray is NOT ugly in the slightest bit. Seen two on the road and I couldn't stop staring. Little kids were telling the driver to roll down his window to ask what kind of car it was. Never in my life have I seen a corvette get this much attention. Yes beauty is in the eye of the beholder but this corvette definitely turns heads.

Schen your "We brought the Viper back for the fans of the Viper.' The fans of the Viper didn't want 19 speakers and a TV in the center console the last 4 generations, why now?" is spot on. I remember when the viper community was outraged when the Gen 3 had a cup holder, times have changed.

+1, and with Schen too. I love the look of the new Corvette. If they don't price themselves out the market, it will be a huge success.

ViperSmith
01-11-2014, 04:08 PM
The TA gets Brembo brakes front and rear which are 2 pounds heavier per corner. It gets the GTS 2 mode suspension, except it has 2 different track settings instead of street. It shares the track pack wheels and tires. The front sway bars and coil springs are also different than those in the SRT & GTS. That and the CF goodies throughout the car. Sure it may be a marketing gimmick but its more than just a CF aero package.

While I threw out a bit of a hyperbole, the issue is SRT didn't send a Gen V SRT and GTS with aero for the initial runs.

The TA isn't much different from the SRT and GTS, I still think it is a clever bit of marketing, but people seem to think it is a completely different car, when it surely isn't.

IndyRon
01-11-2014, 05:34 PM
Man, those pictures are hot and I don't even like yellow.

IndyRon
01-11-2014, 05:38 PM
Gen 5 is improved, but so much of the $$$'s went to make it a grand touring machine vs. the raw car it has always been. The targeted audience for the new GTS wants auto trans so they aren't capturing cross shoppers and loyalists push back on the price/performance vs. their current viper.

This is the most truthful statement in this thread.

johniew398
01-11-2014, 05:55 PM
I've owned Z06's and a ZR1. The ZR1 was just "ok," lots of HP but so what - it was still just a Vette with more HP and some trick stuff added.

They can roll out a 900HP ZR1 and I still won't care. I'll take my Viper.

ACRucrazy
01-11-2014, 05:59 PM

Good man.

v10enomous
01-11-2014, 07:42 PM

They probably won't announce the actual price until some time later but they did say that the base C7 was just as affordable as the base C6 at the reveal last year. Either way the price is the price. You can say that people won't pay big bucks for an American car but I think people will pay more for a hand built low production Viper than a mass production vette.

Viktimize
01-11-2014, 07:43 PM

I have been saying exactly this ever since we knew it would be S/C. But everyone keeps acting like I am some kind of idiot. I don't see how people think you can add an upgraded engine, S/C, upgraded brakes and suspension, new R&D, etc. All for the same price of the C6 Z06?

Viktimize
01-11-2014, 07:52 PM

--RS

If they hadn't added these ammenities to the Gen5 I wouldn't even consider buying one for a second. What would be the point? It would cost me more than double what I can sell my 2006 for to upgrade to Gen5. If All I cared about was a raw powered great handling car, I would just TT my Gen3 and upgrade the suspension for half of the cost to upgrade to Gen5.

The Gen3 just does not have the possibility to put a proper stereo in it, and the interior is mediocre to say the least. Gen5 gives you the whole package and that is the main attraction for me. It still maintains its raw attitude, but becomes a much more enjoyable car to drive around town or out for dinner with the woman. Nothing I can do to my Gen3 will ever make it as smooth around town as that Gen5 is going to be.

But everyone has different motivations about what they want in a car. I'm just saying that it certainly isn't a fail on SRT's part on how they built this car, there is no shortage of people that would appreciate it, the issue is finding people that can afford it.

Schen
01-11-2014, 08:09 PM
Wow, you know I was kinda expecting to get my head chewed off after my comments. Liking this forum. :p

I've owned Z06's and a ZR1. The ZR1 was just "ok," lots of HP but so what - it was still just a Vette with more HP and some trick stuff added.

And you know what Johnie, your absolutely right.

Not sure how you guys feel about it, but I feel that in the last decade or so the horsepower wars have simply just grown to fast, to quickly. We are at a point where the power is exceeding the technology and even though in the 60's that's what America was about, I think we need to take a step back first before we take any more steps forward. 600-650HP is more than enough to launch a RWD sports car around a race track as fast we can right now, I think we all realize that. When the cars start to use more brakes and less horsepower into and through a corner, it no longer becomes a sports car just a power machine.

This is why I prefer the gen II over anything else. It has alot of horsepower, but I think it's comfortable for both the track and the street. It still has it's persona too.

I forget which show I was watching, but I'm a big fan of the NSX. In terms of power, it's anemic to most minivans today. But it has 276 horsepower and still does 170 mph. It has a unique design and is one of the most reliable exotic cars to date, getting gas mileage in the mid-20's to low-30's. Ayrton Senna even was on board with the project. This was in the early 90's, I know times have change but makes you wonder what are we doing wrong?

There's about to be some new Challenger with a SC'd 426 on the horizon with a ton of HP, but what else is being changed? What have they learned? I guess will just have to wait till Monday or April at NYIAS to find out.

--RS

VRYALT3R3D
01-11-2014, 08:19 PM
Hopefully the Gen V ACR will be released much sooner now that there is increased competition.

Troublemaker
01-11-2014, 10:09 PM
If they hadn't added these ammenities to the Gen5 I wouldn't even consider buying one for a second. What would be the point? It would cost me more than double what I can sell my 2006 for to upgrade to Gen5. If All I cared about was a raw powered great handling car, I would just TT my Gen3 and upgrade the suspension for half of the cost to upgrade to Gen5.

The Gen3 just does not have the possibility to put a proper stereo in it, and the interior is mediocre to say the least. Gen5 gives you the whole package and that is the main attraction for me. It still maintains its raw attitude, but becomes a much more enjoyable car to drive around town or out for dinner with the woman. Nothing I can do to my Gen3 will ever make it as smooth around town as that Gen5 is going to be.

But everyone has different motivations about what they want in a car. I'm just saying that it certainly isn't a fail on SRT's part on how they built this car, there is no shortage of people that would appreciate it, the issue is finding people that can afford it.

I think what it has come down to is the lack of options and deletes when it comes to building the car. I for one am only interested in the performance aspect of the new car and I really don't care what the interior is like. I would like the option to delete most of the fluff inside and have a bare bones version of the car. I hope Chevy decides to at least offer a bare bones version of the Z06. I will compliment Chevy as well as Dodge, these two cars wouldn't have anywhere near this performance if it wasn't for the other. The only thing the Z06 will do is make SRT go back to the drawing board if the performance is that good. We only have things to gain if the car really is as potent as it looks, thankfully SRT seems to be filled with gear heads, marketing geniuses not so much. But to digress a little, SRT needs to get back to what made the Viper what it is, no compromise performance. The next incarnation of the Viper needs to have the Chevy guys back at the drawing board also.

Newport Viper
01-11-2014, 10:24 PM
Time for SRT to throw a Blower on the Gen V Viper and end this....

slowhatch
01-12-2014, 12:43 AM

please no.

46hemi
01-12-2014, 06:46 AM
Leaving the viper the way it was just was not going to work long term. The viper was on the block for a long time and there were no takers. Say what you want about the vette but they have generations of success. I applaud them for taking some chances on the new styling (I initially like some aspects and not others), its what will bring new demographics and keep the model alive. In the end its still a business. They need to make what people will buy else they stop making it - they are in business to make money not to produce a cool car that only a handful of people will buy. Where I think GM has done it right is by spreading the r/d across a much bigger population they can still cater to both sides and keep the bean counters at bay. How else could they get a green light to build a 580hp manual trans station wagon or a 75k camaro with no air conditioning (both awesome statements to me as a bare bones car guy). I love the exclusivity of my viper but I don't know how long they will be able to survive trying to keep both the wife and mistress happy.

GT Venum
01-12-2014, 07:32 AM

Shooter
01-12-2014, 07:41 AM

--RS

Well said.

Shooter
01-12-2014, 07:47 AM

I hope your talking about the regular car. I'm not interested in a S/C ACR. If they want to F/I a SRT/GTS thats great. Hopefully they can sell everyone of them and have more money to built an N/A 700 hp ACR. Then I'll buy one.

99RT10
01-12-2014, 01:41 PM
please no.

Please yes! Speaking from experience, a supercharger on the Viper is superfun! Even under mild boost(8lbs), the Gen V will make north of 775. That would be insane :drive:

slitherv10
01-12-2014, 05:01 PM
Just heard a radio add about the Detroit Auto Show. They said there are a lot of new models being introduced this year there. The Biggest ones being the New Mustang and the New Corvette.....

Nothing about the new Viper GT or viper in general. Looks like were old news now.

ACRucrazy
01-12-2014, 05:12 PM
The Gen V is old news, just like next year the C7 and Mustang will be old news. Not a big deal really.

ViperSmith
01-12-2014, 07:00 PM
Just heard a radio add about the Detroit Auto Show. They said there are a lot of new models being introduced this year there. The Biggest ones being the New Mustang and the New Corvette.....

Nothing about the new Viper GT or viper in general. Looks like were old news now.

The Gen V debuted 2 years ago. The mustang and c7z are brand new

not sure why this is a surprise

slitherv10
01-12-2014, 07:59 PM
The Gen V debuted 2 years ago. The mustang and c7z are brand new

not sure why this is a surprise

Actually the C7Z debuted at almost every auto show this past year, so, having it as a highlight for this show is a big surprise...Toronto Auto show was one of them. The mustang I understand.

If SRT does how up with the new GT car, it would be disappointing again from a marketing perspective. Although they did an awful job last year in almost every auto show they brought the car to as far as marketing again.
You have to read between the lines in order to see the oversight.
It is what it is with SRT and the Viper. they always seem to be a step behind. IMO anyways.

Schen
01-12-2014, 10:04 PM
Well...

Bit of some rumored news before tomorrow...

The Z06 comes in three packages, the third highest package will be designated the Z07 monkier...BUT (big but I hope) NO MANUAL WHAT. SO. EVER. Just an 8-speed automatic.

I really hope that's not true.

--RS

VRYALT3R3D
01-12-2014, 10:07 PM
It doesn't make any sense to NOT offer the manual transmission.

Viktimize
01-13-2014, 08:49 AM
Actually the C7Z debuted at almost every auto show this past year, so, having it as a highlight for this show is a big surprise...Toronto Auto show was one of them. The mustang I understand.

I think you might be mistaking the C7Z for the base stingray. If the C7Z had been debuted already, we would already be well aware of all these rumoured details by now and not awaiting the Detroit auto show today.

ViperSmith
01-13-2014, 09:28 AM
http://i.imgur.com/zpXrnlA.jpg

With all the debbie downing on the viper about this car, the "omg it looks so aggressive" - i am underwhelmed with the pictures of the Z06 so far.

v10enomous
01-13-2014, 09:28 AM
Start at 40:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoCp4cR0FCw

v10enomous
01-13-2014, 09:29 AM
yep agree did not live up to the hype

http://i.imgur.com/zpXrnlA.jpg

With all the debbie downing on the viper about this car, the "omg it looks so aggressive" - i am underwhelmed with the pictures of the Z06 so far.

ViperSmith
01-13-2014, 09:30 AM

If SRT does how up with the new GT car, it would be disappointing again from a marketing perspective. Although they did an awful job last year in almost every auto show they brought the car to as far as marketing again.
You have to read between the lines in order to see the oversight.
It is what it is with SRT and the Viper. they always seem to be a step behind. IMO anyways.

You are 100% wrong. The C7 Z06 debuted at 930 today at the auto show. It has never been revealed before.

Nice try, but wrong.

v10enomous
01-13-2014, 09:31 AM
I thought it would be way more aggressive looking.

ViperSmith
01-13-2014, 09:32 AM
The Z06 forum isn't quite happy, you'd think you are reading the Gen V forum with all the negativity lol

I love in a 50 minute presentation, they talked about the car for 2 minutes

slowhatch
01-13-2014, 10:04 AM
I think the biggest news is the fact that there is now an automatic Z06. That's a first.

slitherv10
01-13-2014, 10:11 AM
You are 100% wrong. The C7 Z06 debuted at 930 today at the auto show. It has never been revealed before.

Nice try, but wrong.

My mistake I added the Z after C7.

It was the thought that counted.

Rocket
01-13-2014, 10:15 AM
So did they really say an early 2015 delivery? 8 speed auto is pretty interesting.

ViperSmith
01-13-2014, 10:19 AM
I hope the 8 speed auto forces SRTs hand.

Want DCT, badly.

slitherv10
01-13-2014, 10:25 AM
Here is the introduction... http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/money/auto_news/auto_show/video--photos-2015-corvette-z06-revealed-at-detroit-auto-show-first-look-at-chevrolet-supercar Click on the video icon when on the site.

by the way, it does offer a 7 speed manual along with the designed specific for this car, automatic 8 speed used in the upper level CTS-V car.

KRATEDISEASE
01-13-2014, 10:35 AM
Chevy says the car Fully loaded with every option including full carbon aero and carbon brakes will be under $100G

6:20mins into video.

http://youtu.be/D3cc059rg1A

slitherv10
01-13-2014, 10:47 AM
Chevy says the car Fully loaded with every option including full carbon aero and carbon brakes will be under $100G

Quite respectful if you ask me.

Thawk97
01-13-2014, 10:54 AM
Pretty impressive. I have to say the presenter really didn't fit the car - he was more stiff an awkward than exciting haha. Doesn't take anything away from the car, just thought it was an interesting debut.

ViperSmith
01-13-2014, 10:57 AM

Will be a great value if that is true, I am impressed.

johniew398
01-13-2014, 11:00 AM
Why does the spoiler look like it is held on by screws? Some of which look adjustable?

v10enomous
01-13-2014, 11:10 AM
Rumor has it that the Grand Sport will be almost identical in appearance... hehe

ACRucrazy
01-13-2014, 11:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK6YS-shhpU&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoCp4cR0FCw&feature=share

viperdan
01-13-2014, 11:46 AM
The car does look good, way much more presence than the Stingray! IMO they put all their eggs in this basket, if they do a ZR1 I'd be surprised.

GBS
01-13-2014, 11:47 AM
I think the C7z and the Gen V Viper are both great cars. I would be happy to have 1 of each and I'm sure I would enjoy them both. I never worry about one of my cars being better then the other.

Being from the Detroit area with ties to the US Auto Industry, I'm happy to see both Chrysler and GM putting out such impressive cars.

Thawk97
01-13-2014, 11:50 AM
Course they'll do a ZR1. Even if it's not right away, once they get all the mileage possible out of the Z06 (pun intended), they'll do a ZR1. Don't forget, the ZR1 for the C6's came out a full 5 years after the C6 debut. So they may not immediately follow up in the next year or two, but in 5 years, they'll be one (maybe even in response to a new ACR).

mjorgensen
01-13-2014, 11:54 AM
Why does the spoiler look like it is held on by screws? Some of which look adjustable?

Yes center section is fully adjustable.

slitherv10
01-13-2014, 11:55 AM
Course they'll do a ZR1. Even if it's not right away, once they get all the mileage possible out of the Z06 (pun intended), they'll do a ZR1. Don't forget, the ZR1 for the C6's came out a full 5 years after the C6 debut. So they may not immediately follow up in the next year or two, but in 5 years, they'll be one (maybe even in response to a new ACR).

I think you nailed it there ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ACRucrazy
01-13-2014, 11:55 AM
Best video I have seen yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3cc059rg1A&feature=youtu.be

viperdan
01-13-2014, 12:06 PM

You may be correct but why build two supercharged track cars? The ZR1 was a low production build as was the ZO6 to some degree, why would they go through all the R&D to build a similar car? Also we all know the ZR1 becomes a dog once it gets hot, why should we think this new car will be any different? Part of the ZO6's track prowess was the LS7 and it's ability to run all day. That cannot be said of the ZR1, it might click off a faster lap but not a track rat for us weekend warriors.

slitherv10
01-13-2014, 12:06 PM
Best video I have seen yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3cc059rg1A&feature=youtu.be

Wow..fantastic preview I must say. totally agree that this is one heck of a video about this car. Must say it sounds quite impressive for the price point.

Can;'t wait to see the numbers on and off the track.

Nine Ball
01-13-2014, 02:23 PM
If it is fully loaded with every single option and under $100K, I will buy one. But, I wouldn't sell a Viper to do it. I like having both.

Chorps
01-13-2014, 02:36 PM
Here is the introduction... http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/money/auto_news/auto_show/video--photos-2015-corvette-z06-revealed-at-detroit-auto-show-first-look-at-chevrolet-supercar Click on the video icon when on the site.

by the way, it does offer a 7 speed manual along with the designed specific for this car, automatic 8 speed used in the upper level CTS-V car.

2014 CTS-V currently uses the 6-speed auto. I haven't heard anything about the 2015 CTS-V yet although it should use the 8-speed. Pretty sure the new 8-speed auto in the C7 Z06 is brand new.

v10enomous
01-13-2014, 02:42 PM
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o67/charlielanz2/c7a_zps3ba6b836.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o67/charlielanz2/c7b_zpsd58da711.jpg

MtnBiker
01-13-2014, 02:51 PM
Is it still on leaf spring suspension?

v10enomous
01-13-2014, 02:55 PM
Apparently it is standard with a removable targa and the vert is already in the works to be released shortly after.

Coloviper
01-13-2014, 03:14 PM
Love the rims on that Gray ZO6 but for me, about it!

KRATEDISEASE
01-13-2014, 03:22 PM
Is it still on leaf spring suspension?

of course, and two valves per cylinder.

KRATEDISEASE
01-13-2014, 03:30 PM

Fully adjustable spoiler.... wonder if they are going to be stolen off the street as it looks as if a few screws will take off.

VoodooRob
01-13-2014, 04:18 PM
I absolutely do not want to admit this but with $100k in my hand and a Chevy dealer on the left and a Dodge, I mean SRT, dealer on the right I would plunk the $ down on the Z06. With that said, with $116k I would go for the Viper T/A. I am not a track warrior so the supercharger issue with heat soak after laps in the Chevy doesn't affect my decision. What attracts my interest is the wide stance and fenders, the aero and the flow of the car. It really seems like the Z06 as shown was really Chevy's new ZR1 on the new platform, playing possum possibly? It's a chess game and Corvette made a smart move, now will SRT answer with the RIGHT move?

VRYALT3R3D
01-13-2014, 05:54 PM
What attracts my interest is the wide stance and fenders, the aero and the flow of the car.

The 2013+ Viper is super wide in person. Did you see one yet in person? With the SRT trim and advanced aero package, the Viper has roughly a $105,000 MSRP. A better value imo considering the Viper has a better interior, hand built with quality that shows, and sexy styling.

I like the Z06 though. What a great time to be a car enthusiast!

ViperSmith
01-13-2014, 05:56 PM
The 2013+ Viper is super wide in person. Did you see one yet in person? With the SRT trim and advanced aero package, the Viper has roughly a $105,000 MSRP. A better value imo considering the Viper has a better interior, hand built with quality that shows, and sexy styling.

I like the Z06 though. What a great time to be a car enthusiast!

Thats what I've said all along.

And America leads the pack.

Nine Ball
01-13-2014, 05:58 PM
You guys realize that the nose on this C7Z isn't any wider than the base car, right? The extra 2 inches they mention is just from those black mudflap extension pieces. Only the rear quarter panels are wider. Side by side, the Gen 5 Viper looks a lot wider than a C7 does.

Mamba52
01-14-2014, 08:08 AM
Thats what I've said all along.

And America leads the pack.

Speaking of America leading the pack, is anyone going to the wanna go fast events this year. It's a blast to race 1/2 mile with so many other cars. I raced the new Jag F type and we crossed the half at the same time (144 MPH) forget about the GTR (202) MPH.

slowhatch
01-14-2014, 01:54 PM
You guys realize that the nose on this C7Z isn't any wider than the base car, right? The extra 2 inches they mention is just from those black mudflap extension pieces. Only the rear quarter panels are wider. Side by side, the Gen 5 Viper looks a lot wider than a C7 does.

Which look incredibly cheap. Should of just done it right and widened the front fenders.

slowhatch
01-14-2014, 01:55 PM
If i had less than 100k to step into something this year, this would be in the garage;

http://wpmedia.driving.ca/2013/11/jaguar-f-type-coupe-16.jpg
http://www.rightfootdown.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/jaguar-f-type_coupe-rear.jpg

It's absolutely gorgeous.

VoodooRob
01-14-2014, 02:22 PM
I have seen the base Corvette and a Gen 5 in person. The Z06 having the bigger fenders, from pictures posted, really accentuates the look over the rear tires. I do not have the same personal reaction when looking at the Gen 5, sorry but its my own opinion.

ViperSmith
01-14-2014, 02:24 PM
The C7 interior just didn't do it for me, personally. Perhaps I wasn't sitting in a highly optioned one - but it just felt lack luster (Don't get me wrong, light years ahead of the C6)

schulmann
01-14-2014, 05:47 PM
I just noticed the new Corvette ... I am late, isn't. One year to get a Z51 !!!!! Local dealer sells the one it has $15 000 over MRSP.

- - - Updated - - -

I just noticed the new Corvette ... I am late, isn't. One year to get a Z51 !!!!! Local dealer sells the one it has $15 000 over MRSP.
No matter what we think, the new Corvette is a serious threat to the Viper.

v10enomous
01-14-2014, 06:23 PM
You can buy a Jag like that for the looks at $65k. Just don't look over when a Viper or Vette pull up at the stop light.

If i had less than 100k to step into something this year, this would be in the garage;

http://www.rightfootdown.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/jaguar-f-type_coupe-rear.jpg

St.Char
01-14-2014, 07:17 PM

I thought the Mudflap splitter extensions looked cheap. However, the splitter on the C7-R really looks good!

Look at the rear of the Jaguar, you will notice that the rear fascia of the Jag and the rear fascia of the Vette have similarities. However, notice how much better the rear of the Jag looks, particularly when it comes to the tail light design. The rear of the Vette just looks fugly to me. Unfortunately, this takes too much away from the C7 Z06 for me...and brought me to the decision to sell my '05 Vette and get into a Viper

Space Truckin
01-14-2014, 07:48 PM
You can buy a Jag like that for the looks at $65k. Just don't look over when a Viper or Vette pull up at the stop light.

^^^what he said^^^ This is like comparing apples to oranges, and we are also talking about the Z06 which is a DIFFERENT ANIMAL. JM2C

Sybil TF
01-14-2014, 08:42 PM
The Z06 having the bigger fenders, from pictures posted, really accentuates the look over the rear tires. .

That is true, until you look at the back. It's like a nice looking chick that turns around and WTF. Thar rear is ugly! Hate the steering wheel too.

IndyRon
01-14-2014, 10:41 PM
That is true, until you look at the back. It's like a nice looking chick that turns around and WTF. Thar rear is ugly! Hate the steering wheel too.

Kinda Like Kim Kardashian. I really like the Z06. I'm disappointed that it isn't a smaller displacement higher revving twin turbo, but it still looks awesome. I'm curious what the prices are going to do on the C6 ZR1's when it comes out.

slitherv10
01-14-2014, 10:53 PM
Not sure if this stat was posted yet but, the 0-60 time is estimated at 3.4 to 3.6. Viper I believe is 3.1 if I am not mistaken. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

If that would be true I don't think the Viper has anything to worry about. The only thing that puzzles me and has me holding my breath is, the comment they made that the car has 625+HP and 635+TQ. If that were true then those times would be truly Viper bound. Not good.
Still in the end a Viper is a Viper and its distinction cannot be contested. Not by any other car especially the Vette. At this point anyway.

ACRucrazy
01-14-2014, 11:06 PM
Still in the end a Viper is a Viper and its distinction cannot be contested. Not by any other car especially the Vette. At this point anyway.

Agreed.

Also I wouldn't be comfortable putting money on either car to which would click off the fastest single lap time or quarter mile time. As much as I love the Viper more than any other car if my arm was twisted today to make a choice, I would lean towards the Z..

Now if I was making a purchase, it would be V all day ever day.

slowhatch
01-15-2014, 09:07 AM
^^^what he said^^^ This is like comparing apples to oranges, and we are also talking about the Z06 which is a DIFFERENT ANIMAL. JM2C

I completely agree, the jag is more of a GT than a track monster. I was just stirring the pot.

Space Truckin
01-15-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote Originally Posted by slitherv10

:t1236: I have to agree 1000%, someone posted that the "Corvette" is good looking from the rear NOT
The Jag is for...., very nice looking car but nowhere near the same league of a Viper

GBS
01-15-2014, 11:41 AM
I'm sure a lot forum members won't like the title of this C7 Z06 Article.

http://m.digitaltrends.com/cars/2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-first-true-american-supercar/

Space Truckin
01-15-2014, 12:00 PM

http://m.digitaltrends.com/cars/2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-first-true-american-supercar/

Are you freakin kidding me :witless:

slitherv10
01-15-2014, 12:27 PM
Are you freakin kidding me :witless:

NOT......its even gotten the title of North American car of the Year.

Voice of Reason
01-15-2014, 03:19 PM
The C7 as car of the year I understand. But calling this Z06 Americas first supercar makes no sense at all.

ViperSmith
01-15-2014, 03:51 PM

lol, cute

Chorps
01-17-2014, 01:58 PM
Nice posturing from GM. The car does not even have production status yet, doesn't have a final weight nor price and is still undergoing development and people are up in arms or in tears over the Z06.

I'm pretty sure that every customer owned Gen V Viper will beat any customer owned C7 Z06 in 2014. This is because zero C7 Z06s will be delivered in 2014. Everyone is talking about a car that won't be out for another year....just go and enjoy the TAs that you've bought because there is no other car currently out there that is close to the Gen V TA as "America's Supercar". Except the GTS, GT and SRT. :D

2015 is another story, but isn't that supposed to be the Viper's refresh year too?

Detroit Muscle
02-25-2014, 11:04 PM
I'm all about the "Detroit Muscle"

Late Apex
02-26-2014, 07:50 AM
Supercharged with at LEAST 625 HP they say,auto trans as an option, really neat data display on screen that can be down loaded on your computer just by removing the chip in the dash, lot less money than a GTS from the numbers I have seen, and the yellow car they show really looks a lot like their race car version with the black accents. It WILL be a bad one to mess with, stock for stock.

VRYALT3R3D
02-26-2014, 08:05 AM
really neat data display on screen that can be down loaded on your computer just by removing the chip in the dash,

The Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R had that over 10 years ago. Welcome to 1999, GM.

Snakebit10
12-10-2014, 02:55 PM
Woh...this is old.