PDA

View Full Version : Any positive posts out there?

Murpowa
08-04-2016, 12:03 PM
Road trips? Track events? It is summer after all...

This sub-forum seems to have turned into doom and gloom :confused:

ACRucrazy
08-04-2016, 12:11 PM
My Gen IV is still rock solid. Best car I have ever owned!

http://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdforums.com-vbulletin/280x210/80-1377795241_h9amok6osnumyhvkguf8_barnstirringmoulag e_a47eabfbfe8e52c947448639ce0da5ec4a40599e.gif

Dman
08-04-2016, 12:19 PM
Drove my gen5 yesterday and sorry to say, ended in tragedy. In that when the drive was over I had to get out of it, heartbreaking every time I park it and get out. Like a super model, once you get in, you want to stay there.

Policy Limits
08-04-2016, 12:20 PM
Humidity is finally down and weather is perfect. I plan to get mine out tomorrow for a Friday drive

7TH_SIGN
08-04-2016, 12:24 PM
Road trips? Track events? It is summer after all...

I think that's primarily due to the fact that a couple months ago we thought that our cars which passed the R28 and R29 were OK however we have recently seen that in fact it doesn't matter what year your Gen V is, that at any time your engine can fail. This uncertainty is elevated even more due to the fact that we still are left in the dark by FCA and there is no clear cause for the failure released to us as of yet.

It can be challenging to enjoy a car which engine could let go at any time and the painstaking process of getting it covered under warranty. The years before we were seeing one or two engines failing, now we're seeing almost one a week and that's only people on this forum.

Mine has been sitting in the garage for the past two weeks waiting for its new replacement hood.

dewilmoth
08-04-2016, 12:53 PM
Drove my Gen V to work a couple days this week, and like Dman said, the only bad part was parking it when the drive was over. It makes me smile every time I push the red button. It's going to be really tough for another car to live up to this amazing machine.

ClayR
08-04-2016, 01:06 PM
Took my ACR-E to KC two weekends ago and had an absolute blast. There wasn't a car in the group that stood out OR ran the twisty's like the ACR. Of course an LE 13" and a Rossin got cooking and we could have easily gone to jail had we been caught. But then again, not too many cars that are going to turn and run down a Viper. LOL. Met a lot of great people with really cool cars. Crossroads of America came down to meet up with the KC Super Car group and all a great time was had by all.

best thing, no blown engines! :D

Murpowa
08-04-2016, 01:08 PM
Drove my gen5 yesterday and sorry to say, ended in tragedy. In that when the drive was over I had to get out of it, heartbreaking every time I park it and get out. Like a super model, once you get in, you want to stay there.

LOL - well said Dman

Murpowa
08-04-2016, 01:10 PM
Took my ACR-E to KC two weekends ago and had an absolute blast. There wasn't a car in the group that stood out OR ran the twisty's like the ACR. Of course an LE 13" and a Rossin got cooking and we could have easily gone to jail had we been caught. But then again, not too many cars that are going to turn and run down a Viper. LOL. Met a lot of great people with really cool cars. Crossroads of America came down to meet up with the KC Super Car group and all a great time was had by all.

best thing, no blown engines! :D

Nice Clay!

KB Viper
08-04-2016, 01:15 PM
I've drove mine to work 2 days in a row and will drive it to class tonight (working on my MBA). I love my viper

Voice of Reason
08-04-2016, 01:35 PM
Last weekend was the Illinois region's "Longest Day" racing event, we have an auto X followed the next day with a road race at Gingerman. It was an awesome time on both days with perfect weather.

PS: Not a single engine hiccup for anyone and we weren't exactly driving Mrs Daisy around all weekend.

VIPERGTSRT10
08-04-2016, 01:41 PM
Here's one... :)

https://practicalryan.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/img_05621.jpg

Joking aside, I have been enjoying my Gen5. It's a great car, everything the previous generations were and more. If this is the last ever generation Viper I'm glad they went out on top with a great overall product that I can enjoy for years to come.

ACR Steve
08-04-2016, 01:44 PM
Love my gen V ACR wouldn't trade it for any car in the world............ unless I could then sell that other car and buy another ACR :)

Ripper
08-04-2016, 01:48 PM
For more positive post's.... may try another forum :p

Well , Its not a Gen V , but the bitch is BAD ...

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af134/TCT-01/DSC06468Large.jpg

mikesax
08-04-2016, 01:49 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for that wonderful question MURPOWA!! 7 lovely days a week I seem to be driving my Vipers-saw ACR Steve at Anthony's Pizza a few weeks back-putting about 500 miles a week between both of my Vipers driving to NOWHERE every day! 30,000 miles of trouble free-Arrow controlled FUN! YEAH!!!

FLATOUT
08-04-2016, 01:50 PM
11,000 miles on my Heads and Cam car and she's been perfect! Can't tell you how impressed I am with the motor in my car and how well the car has performed!

Love it so much I am getting ready to buy my third brand new Gen V.

Andy

Ripper
08-04-2016, 01:51 PM
That's Dedication Andy!! Love it

2doorrocket
08-04-2016, 01:51 PM
I'm on my 4th Gen V. It's about as positive as a rainy day can be.

Murpowa
08-04-2016, 02:47 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for that wonderful question MURPOWA!! 7 lovely days a week I seem to be driving my Vipers-saw ACR Steve at Anthony's Pizza a few weeks back-putting about 500 miles a week between both of my Vipers driving to NOWHERE every day! 30,000 miles of trouble free-Arrow controlled FUN! YEAH!!!

Mike, seems you are truly enjoying what this car has to offer

Murpowa
08-04-2016, 02:49 PM
11,000 miles on my Heads and Cam car and she's been perfect! Can't tell you how impressed I am with the motor in my car and how well the car has performed!

Love it so much I am getting ready to buy my third brand new Gen V.

Andy

Nice Andy! Can't wait to see what you have planned for the new beast.

Rare Snake
08-04-2016, 03:04 PM
It's been a rough summer in here, for sure!

My V and I have had it rough too. I came in last in my class at my first actual race event, that was a humbling experience. I haven't made it out to the strip to try for a new personal best this year but I hope beat my (slow) 11.90. I've sat in the rain at more than a few shows this year, and I've driven it through some of the worst storms I've ever seen. The day after making fun of my wife for getting a flat, I was lucky enough to pick up a chunk of metal in a rear tire, and decided it was time to buy a whole new set.

But I've managed to win a few awards, and a couple weeks ago I was invited to meet up with the local exotic car group, I thought that was pretty cool. And people in general still go absolutely crazy whenever they see the car. Whenever I look at it, I still can't believe it's mine and I actually have it. Every time I get out of it, all I can think about is the next time I'll get in again.

The car has been great so far and it's brutal to see how many guys are having real trouble lately, I feel for them, I know it could just as easily be me.

gcrain
08-04-2016, 03:51 PM
Still battling the DMV for tags. DMV classified me as an uninsured motorist while I was in Afghanistan because they sent me a letter I never received and responded to. After the half dozen trips to the DMV with insurance paperwork to prove I was never uninsured I bought customized license plates. Once I received them it turns out they had misspelled them.
:lame:

I took them back and gave them the license plates and the stickers and after a month I received new license plates but no stickers.
:furious:

So this week I burned a quarter tank of gas sitting in my garage with the engine running.

Bruce H.
08-04-2016, 04:36 PM
5900 miles of non-stop enjoyment since putting new Corsa's on it in May to cross the country to New Orleans for NVE2 and checking off numerous Bucket List items on that road trip. Drove the NOLA track down there and then Le Circuit Mont Tremblant on another road trip, a Viper club track day at the small track at Mosport, 2 days on the high speed former Grand Prix track there, a club pub night and then a club BBQ at our home.

This weekend we're doing a club overnight cruise to a scenic locale, another one to Niagara Falls and another member's BBQ soon, then another track day...and all on one set of Corsa's! So no complaints about tires, or brake dust or cleaning of a black car, no concern about whether my engine might let go one day, love my seats and everything about the interior...and this week I had no problem dealing with rear end waggle at 150 mph or chasing down a very well driven 997.1 GT3RS :)

Over 25,000 miles now and loving it...and Fed Ex was here this morning delivering the balance of another two sets of Corsa's to keep the fun going well into next year!

Exhlr8n
08-04-2016, 04:43 PM
Our CenCal Region Vipers got to play with others in the Cali Foothills, with the new ACR-E leading the pack..!

Exhlr8n
08-04-2016, 05:49 PM
I call foul VIPERGTSRT10

That is not a positive "Viper" post...its a Honda, lol

Boba Fett
08-04-2016, 06:02 PM
5900 miles of non-stop enjoyment since putting new Corsa's on it in May to cross the country to New Orleans for NVE2 and checking off numerous Bucket List items on that road trip. Drove the NOLA track down there and then Le Circuit Mont Tremblant on another road trip, a Viper club track day at the small track at Mosport, 2 days on the high speed former Grand Prix track there, a club pub night and then a club BBQ at our home.

This weekend were doing a club overnight cruise to a scenic locale, another one to Niagara Falls and another member's BBQ soon, then another track day...and all on one set of Corsa's! So no complaints about tires, or brake dust or cleaning of a black car, no concern about whether my engine might let go one day, love my seats and everything about the interior...and this week I had no problem dealing with rear end waggle at 150 mph or chasing down a very well driven 997.1 GT3RS :)

Over 25,000 miles now and loving it...and Fed Ex was here this morning delivering the balance of another two sets of Corsa's to keep the fun going well into next year!

That's awesome Bruce. I hope you'll let me maintain my position as your NVE navigator.

Bruce H.
08-04-2016, 06:44 PM
That's awesome Bruce. I hope you'll let me maintain my position as your NVE navigator.

You got it Steve...I've just booked your seat for NVE3 in Vegas! Now THAT'S going to be about a 4 week epic road trip!

swexlin
08-04-2016, 06:49 PM

This weekend we're doing a club overnight cruise to a scenic locale, another one to Niagara Falls and another member's BBQ soon, then another track day...and all on one set of Corsa's! So no complaints about tires, or brake dust or cleaning of a black car, no concern about whether my engine might let go one day, love my seats and everything about the interior...and this week I had no problem dealing with rear end waggle at 150 mph or chasing down a very well driven 997.1 GT3RS :)

Wow, you drive harder and more then I do daily driving my Ram. I've only put 4000 miles on mine since I bought it almost 2 years ago with 7200 on it. That's what's so freaky about these cars. We have the drive em hard put em away wet, and they just take it, and the others, you look at em, and the blow up. Don't understand it. But, GOOD JOB Bruce!!

RedTanRT/10
08-04-2016, 07:10 PM
My Gen IV is still rock solid. Best car I have ever owned!

I'm with you ACRucrazy!!!

But, I'm stepping up to a comp coupe, no motor issues with those either!!!

Special Ed
08-04-2016, 07:29 PM
4000 miles of good times since purchased on April 21.

Murpowa
08-04-2016, 07:34 PM

Incredible color choice on the ACR!

swexlin
08-04-2016, 07:36 PM
4000 miles of good times since purchased on April 21.

Awesome. Where are you guys putting all these miles on? As I said, I don't even daily drive that much (my commute is only 13 miles one way though).

ViperSmith
08-04-2016, 07:39 PM
Awesome. Where are you guys putting all these miles on? As I said, I don't even daily drive that much (my commute is only 13 miles one way though).

Start daily driving it 🤑

swexlin
08-04-2016, 07:41 PM
Start daily driving it ��

Harold, not only these crappy, pothole and manhole cover which may as well be pothole-ridden roads! Even my truck screams uncle on my commute.

ViperTony
08-04-2016, 07:49 PM

It's as if the pussification has come full circle it's very sad state of affairs. Put just over 700 miles on mine the last two weeks, daily driving to/from work, weekend trips, getting ready for any autocross this weekend, track days this fall and wrapping the ACR. The amount of attention this ACR draws is incredible, more so than any other Viper I've owned. People just go bat shit over this Viper. Drive baby drive!

PTP
08-04-2016, 07:49 PM

I've added 4400 miles since December. If I go anywhere I try to find the most scenic route, even if it takes twice as long.

One Viper Bite
08-04-2016, 08:07 PM
I've added 4400 miles since December. If I go anywhere I try to find the most scenic route, even if it takes twice as long.

I've got you beat.

6,000 miles since March on mine.

Boba Fett
08-04-2016, 08:17 PM
You got it Steve...I've just booked your seat for NVE3 in Vegas! Now THAT'S going to be about a 4 week epic road trip!

Thanks Bruce, ur da best!!

Taximan1
08-04-2016, 08:19 PM
Yes, thank you for starting this thread... there are positive posts.

As some on these boards, and the "previous" board. I have owned other vipers (13 to be exact) and been around these cars for a while... I currently own an Orange TA with about 3000 miles on it...

The car is ABSOLUTELY flawless, and has been amazing to own. Having been "used to" Gen 2's the most, I still have to pinch myself when I drive this car, and tell myself this is a Viper.

The finish is perfect, the panel gaps are perfect, the hood just drops and clicks into place with zero effort (never seen that before on a viper LOL) even the sound system is awesome in my opinion. When I take this car out, people go absolutely NUTS over it. (and I live in Jupiter FL, where Lambos, Bentleys and Ferraris are all over the place). The car is amazing, and I have not had one single problem with it. The Viper G5 is absolutely the best bang for the buck. Nothing else, even comes close.

The only car (within reason) I would trade my TA for, is an ACR-E. :o

Viper Granny
08-04-2016, 08:36 PM
For more positive post's.... may try another forum :p

Well , Its not a Gen V , but the bitch is BAD ...

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af134/TCT-01/DSC06468Large.jpg

That's a beautiful BAD b.... alright !

pitdad
08-04-2016, 08:52 PM
Yes it is - awesome!

ViperTony
08-04-2016, 08:57 PM
Stalking my prey. :D Had a great cruise for cancer a few weeks back for a fellow members' wife.

Special Ed
08-04-2016, 09:00 PM
Stalking my prey. :D Had a great cruise for cancer a few weeks back for a fellow members' wife.

I didn't know Vipers ate Slingshots.

ViperTony
08-04-2016, 09:04 PM
Got to watch Ben Keating and his team start 14th with a severely restricted Viper and battle his way to third place at Limerock.

skydeals
08-04-2016, 10:22 PM
Picked up my ACR-E from Conner plant last week....Wow the tour was awesome and the way they unveiled the car to be was amazing.....Love my Viper... Skydeals .. aka Ralph

06SRTCoupe
08-04-2016, 10:35 PM
Here's one... :)

https://practicalryan.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/img_05621.jpg

Joking aside, I have been enjoying my Gen5. It's a great car, everything the previous generations were and more. If this is the last ever generation Viper I'm glad they went out on top with a great overall product that I can enjoy for years to come.

Lol...beat me to it.

ViperDC
08-04-2016, 10:43 PM
Picked up my ACR-E from Conner plant last week....Wow the tour was awesome and the way they unveiled the car to be was amazing.....Love my Viper... Skydeals .. aka Ralph

Nice looking car

zee
08-04-2016, 10:52 PM
Can't get enough of my TA. Absolutely love it. No major issues and loving every mile!

Chorps
08-04-2016, 11:39 PM
can't get enough of my t&a. Absolutely love it. No major issues and loving every mile!

ftfy.

Arizona Vipers
08-05-2016, 12:10 AM
like a super model, once you get in, you want to stay there.

lmao!!!!

Arizona Vipers
08-05-2016, 12:30 AM
Great post Murpowa! I took the ACR up to Sedona for lunch and a beer in front of the red mountains, trying to get my break-in miles done!
I couldn't count the number of cars passing me that were taking video on the highway. :drive:

ViperJon
08-05-2016, 05:30 AM
When you pull into a high end show and get put in the showcase center spot.

http://i.imgur.com/fAdpv8W.jpg?1

yellowmz3
08-05-2016, 07:29 AM
I'm gonna throw in a positive as well: This is my second Gen V and I absolutely adore it!! Just got back from a quick ride and it really is exhilarating!

7TH_SIGN
08-05-2016, 09:05 AM
This is for all those who say the Viper doesn't sound good. I beg to differ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X6pp1yRqmQ

Nice and clean. Im sold on the 1.0 TA wing. Need to add that beauty. Not sure if I will go with a front lip or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI_JNDgbFNM

Dsjp916
08-05-2016, 11:29 AM
This thread turned into full of win!! Took my first ever owned viper to a car show yesterday. Met a good dude who owned a white acr. I love this car and the attention it gets!

Murpowa
08-05-2016, 01:44 PM
Got to watch Ben Keating and his team start 14th with a severely restricted Viper and battle his way to third place at Limerock.

Nice! Now that sounds like a good time

Murpowa
08-05-2016, 01:45 PM

Great color choice - congrats!

Murpowa
08-25-2016, 10:54 AM
Bump.

ACR
08-25-2016, 10:47 PM
I ate a delicious tuna sandwich today, that's positive

Bill Pemberton
08-26-2016, 08:51 AM
Not if you were the Tuna?!
Seriously , great thread and took mine out last Sunday , told the wife I would be gone for an hour, and somehow it stretched into 4 hours just cruising in the country.

ViperTony
08-26-2016, 09:27 AM
This is great day for me as my custom wrap should be done today in time for tomorrow's Dream Ridge for special Olympics. Belanger exhaust goes on next week followed by lots of track time. :D

swexlin
08-26-2016, 09:35 AM
That's pretty cool Tony. So it just comes right off again after the event?

Murpowa
08-26-2016, 10:06 AM
Wicked wrap Tony. That'll turn some heads

ViperJon
08-26-2016, 10:17 AM
Holy CRAP Tony that looks SICK! Good luck with it!

ViperPete
08-26-2016, 10:52 AM
I absolutely ADORE my Viper!

Every single night i go into the garage and "check up on it" before bed. I just have to run my hand along the rear tail. I open the door and take a deep breath of that luscuois Sepia leather interior.

Sometimes when i look at the car i can still hardly believe that its mine.

ViperTony
08-26-2016, 11:02 AM
That's pretty cool Tony. So it just comes right off again after the event?

This is custom wrap for design and protection so it will stay on a for a few years. The sills, wheel well areas, fascia, rear apron are getting additional protection so it'll be easier to clean after a track day. Heck of lot cheaper than a custom paint job.

sadil
08-26-2016, 11:07 AM
Cant wait for piks of the wrap

BlknBlu
08-26-2016, 11:17 AM
Eddie Van Halen called and wants his car back.

Bruce

VENOM V
08-26-2016, 11:25 AM
Tony, that is sick! Can't wait to see pics of it when wrapped

ViperTony
08-26-2016, 12:01 PM
eddie van halen called and wants his car back.

Bruce

lmao

Chorps
08-26-2016, 12:06 PM
I absolutely ADORE my Viper!

Every single night i go into the garage and "check up on it" before bed. I just have to run my hand along the rear tail. I open the door and take a deep breath of that luscuois Sepia leather interior.

Sometimes when i look at the car i can still hardly believe that its mine.

You should marry it. :smilielol:

swexlin
08-26-2016, 12:10 PM
You should marry it. :smilielol:

I think I just...never mind, have to change my shorts!

Larryskillzs
08-26-2016, 12:36 PM
4 threads down is where you can find my happy story.

ViperTony
08-27-2016, 06:11 PM
Well, had the reveal early this morning and was blown away. ACI Dynamics did an incredible job with this wrap. The amount of attention this gets now is insane. Had a great say at Dream Ride in CT for Special Olympics. Despite all of the exotics...this ACR got the most attention today. Big thanks to Bryce and his team at ACI and for Josh recommending this shop to me.

mikesax
08-27-2016, 07:31 PM
Truly "OFF THE CHARTS"!! Truly ONE WILD RIDE!! Enjoy Tony!!

Ripper
08-27-2016, 09:18 PM
Eddie Van Halen called and wants his car back.

Bruce

5150 ! !

Love it ! Car looks awesome , and for a great cause.