PDA

View Full Version : IN/KY VOA...Cruise/Tour/Lunch/Meeting Sat. Aug.13, 2016 in Crawfordsville, IN..CONVOY

Steve-Indy
08-03-2016, 06:25 AM
IN/KY VOA...Cruise/Tour/Lunch/Meeting plus "extra" on Saturday August 13, 2016 in Crawfordsville, IN... Destination and Convoy info included...

FROM PRESIDENT BRENT ELMORE:

Plans and Venues;

"Here is what I have in mind. August 13th. Meet at Champion Chrysler for the drive over to Crawfordsville to visit the Vietnam Traveling Wall Memorial located at The Lane Place grounds.
http://www.travelingwall.us/

The Lane Place grounds,
212 South Water Street, Crawfordsville, IN 47933
Phone & Fax: 765.362.3416
www.lane-mchs.org
E-mail: info@lane-mchs.org

After this we can proceed to Creekside Lodge for Lunch and Meeting at 12:00pm. This time we will sit indoors.

Pre OR Post Meeting "Extra" Option:

The Lane Place House and the Lew Wallace Study will also be open for tours opening at 10:00am with last tour starting at 4:00 and closing at 5:00pm. If members want to do this they could either come early or do this after lunch and the meeting. These properties are adjacent to each other and are totally separate from each other and cost for each is $5 per person.
Lew Wallace Study http://www.ben-hur.com/

I have arranged parking that is a "short" walk and somewhat isolated." SEE PHOTO BELOW.

Thanks,

Brent Elmore brentelmore@comcast.net
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Convoy Staging:

We need to assemble between 9:40-9:55 AM EDT at Indy's Champion Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge-Ram...in front of the Service Building located at 4505 West 96th St., Indy. WE WILL DEPART AT 10:10 AM SHARP !!! Please FUEL BEFORE you arrive at Champion !!!!!

Convoy Route:

"10:10AM Depart Champion
Take 465 west to I-865. then I-65 North to Lebanon SR32 exit (Exit 140). Travel WEST to Crawfordsville. Once on Market street follow attached map purple path to parking location. Arriving around 11:00 to 11:10AM. Follow Green path walking to the Vietnam Wall on the grounds of the Lane Place. Meet back at the parking location to leave for lunch at 11:50AM. Lunch and meeting in the dining room at Creekside Lodge.

The parking lot is for the AT&T building and I have permission to park our Vipers or whatever members are driving. There is only 1 entrance that is Viper friendly. The attached map shows the path to get there. The entrance is an alleyway between Pomps Tire Store and the post office."

Steve-Indy
08-10-2016, 11:26 AM
Saturday's lunch spot location reminder:

The Creekside Lodge
613 Lafayette Ave.,
Crawfordsville, IN 47933
765-361-0300
http://www.thecreeksidelodge.net/

Steve-Indy
08-13-2016, 04:53 PM
The Traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall is quite impressive...and sobering.

Steve-Indy
08-15-2016, 12:42 PM
The minutes have been sent to Members. Read them carefully as there are LOTS of coming events...including "Special Viper Service Session #9 " with Tom Sessions. Members will receive scheduling info and procedural instructions for "#9" shortly.