PDA

View Full Version : Best Car Cover for my Viper ????

tjwhims75
08-02-2016, 02:00 PM
Hey Guys,

For you all who have been following my post/search for a car I believe I have one...

Supposed to pick it up Saturday.

Anyway... Car does not have a cover to go with it.. I have been browsing ebay and mopar online today.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best aftermarket (non-OEM) covers or will the OEM one do the trick?

Here is a link to the one I'm considering buying: http://moparonlineparts.com/dodge-viper-cover-p-3845.html

However I may buy two.. one for when the car is parked outside / one for in my garage - would love one that will work for both.

Any Advice? Thanks in advance!

Tyler

Steve-Indy
08-02-2016, 02:15 PM
Consult JonB at PartsRack. 360-837-3937

NT-ACR
08-02-2016, 02:32 PM
Hey Guys,

For you all who have been following my post/search for a car I believe I have one...

Supposed to pick it up Saturday.

Anyway... Car does not have a cover to go with it.. I have been browsing ebay and mopar online today.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best aftermarket (non-OEM) covers or will the OEM one do the trick?

Here is a link to the one I'm considering buying: http://moparonlineparts.com/dodge-viper-cover-p-3845.html

However I may buy two.. one for when the car is parked outside / one for in my garage - would love one that will work for both.

Any Advice? Thanks in advance!

Tyler

Why would you cover the vehicle when it's outside? Do you intend to leave it outside for more than a day?

JonB ~ PartsRack
08-02-2016, 02:38 PM
PartsRack has an assortment of covers. Of course: THE YEAR MATTERS !!

JonB@PartsRack.com

tjwhims75
08-02-2016, 02:38 PM

thank you for the direction!

- - - Updated - - -

PartsRack has an assortment of covers. Of course: THE YEAR MATTERS !!

JonB@PartsRack.com

thank you!

tjwhims75
08-02-2016, 02:44 PM
Why would you cover the vehicle when it's outside? Do you intend to leave it outside for more than a day?

when i take the car to my office it would be in a garage. Id rather have a indoor/outdoor cover on it then.

I assumed that the one for in my personal garage would be "lighter" maybe as thats were i will keep it 90% of the time.

This is why i was i am inquiring about two kinds... or maybe one would do the trick

NT-ACR
08-02-2016, 02:46 PM

Hey, Steve. I see that your footer exclaims, "I don't send or receive "PM's" since I prefer DIRECT communication."

I'm a bit confused by this statement. Why do you post on this forum if you prefer "direct" communication? Isn't the very act of posting on a forum mean that you are engaging in indirect communication? This brings another question to mind. Do you also not utilize a cell phone and instead travel to meet with individuals face-to-face?

I'm truly interested in hearing from you concerning this matter. You seem to be a fascinating fellow.

P.S.- I considered PMing you about this matter but you obviously don't prefer that form of communication.

dewilmoth
08-02-2016, 02:48 PM
I will just give you my personal experience. My first "fast" car was an Evo that I bought off an older gentleman. He covered it religiously because he thought he was protecting it. The paint was in bad shape due to marring, and with several professional detail jobs, was never right. Just my $.02, and I know you didn't ask, but I wouldn't let an indoor/outdoor cover anywhere near my ACR. An indoor satin cover is a different story, but only when I know the car is spotless clean.

NT-ACR
08-02-2016, 02:48 PM
when i take the car to my office it would be in a garage. Id rather have a indoor/outdoor cover on it then.

I assumed that the one for in my personal garage would be "lighter" maybe as thats were i will keep it 90% of the time.

This is why i was i am inquiring about two kinds... or maybe one would do the trick

I see. I can appreciate someone who is careful and protective of their vehicle!

NT-ACR
08-02-2016, 02:49 PM
I will just give you my personal experience. My first "fast" car was an Evo that I bought off an older gentleman. He covered it religiously because he thought he was protecting it. The paint was in bad shape due to marring, and with several professional detail jobs, was never right. Just my $.02, and I know you didn't ask, but I wouldn't let an indoor/outdoor cover anywhere near my ACR. An indoor satin cover is a different story, but only when I know the car is spotless clean.

Great point!

tjwhims75
08-02-2016, 03:04 PM

I really appreciate your input on this. Thanks alot

Special Ed
08-02-2016, 03:41 PM
If you like your car and don't want to scratch the paint, then the absolute best cover is NO COVER. Save your money. I have one for the Gen3 I had and one for my TA, neither one has ever been used.

Topplayer
08-02-2016, 03:54 PM
NEVER put a cover on a dirty car, major major sin!

Steve-Indy
08-02-2016, 05:23 PM
Hi, NT-ACR:

I consider the forum as a starting point. Thus, I invite verbal dialog over typing...especially when sorting complex issues...especially alarm, security issues which I never post.

My "style" also allowes me to be able to contact the individual needing help in a more timely fashion in the event that I can find better solution than initially discussed.

Feel free to call me.

Ludington1
08-02-2016, 11:39 PM
Hey, Steve. I see that your footer exclaims, "I don't send or receive "PM's" since I prefer DIRECT communication."

I'm a bit confused by this statement. Why do you post on this forum if you prefer "direct" communication? Isn't the very act of posting on a forum mean that you are engaging in indirect communication? This brings another question to mind. Do you also not utilize a cell phone and instead travel to meet with individuals face-to-face?

I'm truly interested in hearing from you concerning this matter. You seem to be a fascinating fellow.

P.S.- I considered PMing you about this matter but you obviously don't prefer that form of communication.

He's one of the nicest people I have had the pleasure of meeting in my life, and would pick up his phone and help you at 2am if you had any possible issue with your car.

Vibert
08-03-2016, 12:31 AM
The only time my car gets covered is when it gets stored for the winter. Probably not a good idea to cover and uncover as a matter of routine during the driving season. You'll be dragging dirt and debris during the process.

Terminator02
08-03-2016, 12:49 PM
As others have said covers can do a lot of damage. When I lived in downtown detroit in covered parking garage I had the car covered for the winter. The garage would get pretty dusty so the cover was to protect from that. When I uncovered the car in the spring it was a mess. The wind must have caused the cover to brush against the black paint. It was pretty bad. I had paint correction done immediately to fix it. I definitely don't recommend any cover for outdoor parking.

Remember, when the car is still and untouched its just fine. It can be super dirty and just fine. Only when you TOUCH the paint do problems occur. The paint looks good or bad solely based on how you wash and care for the vehicle. The area of greatest scratches on my previous black GT was the door handle and that's just from touching it repeatedly. Thankfully my new orange TA hides scratches better and it has expel ultimate on the car including the door handles. A proper paint correction, nano coating, expel and proper washing are all you need to keep your paint near perfect and better than show room quality.

Nightstalker
08-03-2016, 10:22 PM
I'm having my wife make me a quilted car for the viper. I have the OEM cover that came with the car. She pulled the sticking from the OEM and is used this as the template to make me a custom cover. You have to love quilters.

tjwhims75
08-04-2016, 02:47 PM
As others have said covers can do a lot of damage. When I lived in downtown detroit in covered parking garage I had the car covered for the winter. The garage would get pretty dusty so the cover was to protect from that. When I uncovered the car in the spring it was a mess. The wind must have caused the cover to brush against the black paint. It was pretty bad. I had paint correction done immediately to fix it. I definitely don't recommend any cover for outdoor parking.

Remember, when the car is still and untouched its just fine. It can be super dirty and just fine. Only when you TOUCH the paint do problems occur. The paint looks good or bad solely based on how you wash and care for the vehicle. The area of greatest scratches on my previous black GT was the door handle and that's just from touching it repeatedly. Thankfully my new orange TA hides scratches better and it has expel ultimate on the car including the door handles. A proper paint correction, nano coating, expel and proper washing are all you need to keep your paint near perfect and better than show room quality.

Thanks alot for the input!