PDA

View Full Version : Track to street tires

cab33
07-28-2016, 04:26 PM
What do you think of this set up for excellent grip but able to drive them to the track?

Nitto NT01's 315/30/18
Kumho ACR 355/30/19

VENOM V
07-28-2016, 04:47 PM
I wouldn't mix and match. If the Nitto NT01 is available front and rear, that would be better.

I drive my ACR on Kumhos to and from the track, if its a one day event. For two days, you would need an extra set of fronts.

steve911
07-28-2016, 04:47 PM
I would never mix brands of tires on the same car. Rubber compound differences, construction differences, could all make for it all handling the vehicle. Why would you want to mix brands between the front and rear anyway?

1ststrike
07-28-2016, 06:09 PM
I agree with the above Don't mix brands

ViperGeorge
07-28-2016, 06:22 PM
You may get ESP issues with different size fronts from stock. I did.

Leslie
07-28-2016, 06:34 PM
Toyo R888's perhaps?

Arizona Vipers
07-29-2016, 12:47 AM
In general i would agree that you shouldnt run different tires front and rear, but in this case, I think you would be just fine.
There's a hardcore track guy on here that has been running rear Kumho's and front Hoosier's on his ACR with no issues and he's fast.
The rear Kumho's are a different compound than the front Kumho's anyway..

VENOM V
07-29-2016, 12:45 PM
In general i would agree that you shouldnt run different tires front and rear, but in this case, I think you would be just fine.
There's a hardcore track guy on here that has been running rear Kumho's and front Hoosier's on his ACR with no issues and he's fast.
The rear Kumho's are a different compound than the front Kumho's anyway..

Yes Darius is very fast, fastest guy I have tracked with. Ever. However he's also willing to take risks that not all are willing or equipped to. Darius could drive through any sort of drama on track, he's a professional stunt rider / driver with mad skills that most don't have. Knowing that I don't have his drifting skills, I'd rather play it a little safer and run same tire front and rear.

Arizona Vipers
07-30-2016, 01:54 AM
Yes Darius is very fast, fastest guy I have tracked with. Ever. However he's also willing to take risks that not all are willing or equipped to. Darius could drive through any sort of drama on track, he's a professional stunt rider / driver with mad skills that most don't have. Knowing that I don't have his drifting skills, I'd rather play it a little safer and run same tire front and rear.

Aren't the factory Kumho tires totally different front and rear as far as compounds? I read somewhere that the rear compound was an older, existing compound in contrast to the all-new engineered front compound.

jwalk
08-02-2016, 05:01 PM
I ran hoosiers on front and kuhmos on rear at Road America last week and Gingerman yesterday. No problem. The hoosiers wear allot better than the kuhmos.