PDA

View Full Version : AutoX on Aug 6th

Double0fox
07-26-2016, 08:54 PM
So I finally bought a helmet, and want to finally make it to my first AutoX in the Viper. Few questions. Is this a Viper only AutoX, or are we sharing it with the Corvette club? Besides drinks/snack/tools what else do I NEED to bring with me? Also I cannot remember, is there a fee for club members? Or do we just show up, and try to go fast.

Alex Mills
07-27-2016, 03:28 PM
Saturdays are hosted by the Viper club but we invite the Corvette club to come out to in order to try to make the event break even. The fee for club members is $50 for the day I believe. The alternative would be charging an absolute ton of money per person since we only get a handful of Vipers. You still get in at least 10 runs though.

Sundays are hosted by the Corvette club and all of the Viper club is welcome. I usually do both days. Sunday has more cars overall and is a bit more strict.

A Mexican food truck shows up for lunch on both days -- bring cash for that.

Bring a folding chair to sit on for lunch and for hanging out in.

Your trunk will need to be empty during your runs, so only bring what you think you'll need.

See you there!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and you should be there before 8AM because you need time to walk and learn the course before we have a driver's meeting at 9AM.

SEASnake
07-27-2016, 08:30 PM
Hope the helmet wasn't holding you back - could've borrowed one any time ;)

For WA members, price is $40. Other regions and non-Viper Club members (Corvette Club and other invitees) are an additional $10 for a one-day associate membership.

Water is provided and we just got new canopies for course workers, but bring a hat and plenty of sunscreen. You can stow your tools/stuff in someones truck or RV.

Definitely get there early to walk the course and coordinate with an experienced A-Xer to ride along for at least your first couple of runs. You'll have way more fun if you're not trying to figure it all out on your own and/or getting lost.

We will also be hosting a bar-b-q after we wrap up on Saturday, so don't get too crazy with your snacks lol

Double0fox
08-02-2016, 08:08 AM
Thanks guys, ya I know not to leave stuff in the car for runs. Been on track before, just not in the Viper. Really what was holding me back was scheduling mostly. Will I have a space to bring a 10x10 canopy? I am sure I can stuff it in the Viper :-)

Double0fox
08-02-2016, 09:36 PM
Brake/clutch fluid flush time.
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/double0fox/IMG_3069_zpskcuwtbsi.jpg (http://s63.photobucket.com/user/double0fox/media/IMG_3069_zpskcuwtbsi.jpg.html)

Double0fox
08-07-2016, 09:51 PM
For those who couldn't make it.
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/double0fox/IMG_3707231-2_zpsgdpkipgf.jpg (http://s63.photobucket.com/user/double0fox/media/IMG_3707231-2_zpsgdpkipgf.jpg.html)

MH60M
08-08-2016, 10:38 AM
Very nice, I was thinking about you guys all day Saturday. It was great day for Auto-X. Sorry i missed it...my GTS is still down for paint/body work. I'll have to come out and watch/chat one of these times.

Alex Mills
08-08-2016, 11:41 PM
Very nice, I was thinking about you guys all day Saturday. It was great day for Auto-X. Sorry i missed it...my GTS is still down for paint/body work. I'll have to come out and watch/chat one of these times.

Free ride alongs! :)

Double0fox
08-09-2016, 09:52 PM

MH60M, what all are you doing to your GTS?

Vprbite
08-09-2016, 11:05 PM
Free ride alongs! :)

nice looking photo. I had a great time auto crossing in New Orleans. I'd like to do it more here. I hope you had fun.

MH60M
08-10-2016, 08:26 AM
Free ride alongs! :) I might take you up on this. That would be a great motivator to finish the GTS!

MH60M
08-10-2016, 08:31 AM
MH60M, what all are you doing to your GTS?
It needs a little fiberglass work and a complete paint. It's all easy stuff, except for the paint. I might wrap it after the bodywork is done. It's a side project, for when family-time, work, school, and disposable income allow me to work on it. I'll try and stop by on the next Vipercross.

Double0fox
08-10-2016, 07:13 PM
It needs a little fiberglass work and a complete paint. It's all easy stuff, except for the paint. I might wrap it after the bodywork is done. It's a side project, for when family-time, work, school, and disposable income allow me to work on it. I'll try and stop by on the next Vipercross.

Do it, plus we need some pics of said project man!!!

Alex Mills
08-11-2016, 02:49 AM
nice looking photo. I had a great time auto crossing in New Orleans. I'd like to do it more here. I hope you had fun.

I had a blast! It was the first time autocrossing with my new WaveTrac LSD and it was night and day different from my old one. Hooks amazingly well now! :)

I might take you up on this. That would be a great motivator to finish the GTS!

September 10th (with the Corvette club hosting one on the 11th) is the next and last event of the year. Even if your car isn't done by then, come out on the 10th and I know lots of us will happily give you rides. :)