PDA

View Full Version : Carolinas Region Invade Charleston, SC (7-9 October 2016)

CarolinaViper
07-18-2016, 10:13 AM
Members,

After two years of planning, we are hoping to finally do a club event in the Charleston area. Dave has worked very hard in finding a quality hotel with a reasonable rate during a holiday weekend. Most of the hotels in the Charleston area turned us down because of holiday weekend and for the time of year. We were only able to reserve 20 rooms, with the potential of more if we can show that we need additional rooms before the cut of date of September 7, 2015. The dates for the Charleston event are: Friday, October 7, 2016 - Sunday, October, 2016. The itinerary is not set in stone , but we are planning two have two group dinners, a scenic drive, and allow some individual time for members to take advantage of downtown Charleston or enjoy the old military ships at Patriots Point see the attached link: https://www.patriotspoint.org/

Again, time is of the essence. For the hotel to allot us additional rooms, we have to fill the first 20 rooms they have reserved for us no later than September 7, 2016. See the attach word. doc for hotel information (room sizes and rates).

QUALITY INN & SUITES PATRIOTS POINT

196 Patriots Point Rd, Mount Pleasant, SC, 29464, US
Phone: (843) 856-8817 Fax: (843) 856-8818
https://www.choicehotels.com/south-carolina/mount-pleasant/quality-inn-hotels/sc064?source=gyxt
100% Smoke Free

Group Name: Carolina Viper Club Group Account: 2469059
Arrival Date: Friday, October 7, 2016
Departure Date: Sunday, October 09, 2016
Fixed Cut Off Date: 2016 Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Room Type/Description # of Rooms Available Cost
Business King Suite (BNKK1) 03 $159.00
Business Queen Suite (BSNQQ) 15 $149.00
King Room (NK)(Non Business Suite) 02 $139.00
Room Types: NK-King Room BSNK1 - King Suite, sofa sitting area, wet bar, mini fridge, microwave and two person jetted tub.
BSNQQ - Queen Suite with 2 Queen beds, sofa sitting area, sofa sleeper, wet bar, mini fridge, microwave and traditional bath.
Rates quoted are for single/double occupancy and each additional adult is $10.00 plus tax. Children 17 and younger stay complimentary. Additional nights beyond the room block are based on availability.

Free hot southern breakfast buffet daily includes eggs, bacon and/or sausage, biscuits, biscuit gravy, grits, pancake and waffle station, pastries, toast, cereals, fruit, juices and coffee.

CarolinaViper
08-16-2016, 02:46 PM
As we have just finish the Myrtle Beach/Wilmington event this past weekend, thank you Carla and Bob for opening your home and providing lunch to us and for all those that planned events at both locations. Now, we have to planned for the upcoming event at Charleston SC. The event is from Friday, Oct 7th - Sunday, Oct 9th.

As of last Friday, the hotel stated we only had four members make reservations for the event. We are thinking the hotel is wrong in the number of reservations and may not have placed your reservation with our "Region's" group. As our event is scheduled during a holiday weekend (Monday is Columbus Day) the hotel has asked if we would be willing to release some of the 20 rooms we have blocked for our event. If you have already made reservation please respond to this email with your name and cell phone number (I will explain the phone number later in this email). Below is the hotel reservations info. If you want to stay an extra night (Sunday), as Monday is a "Federal" holiday, ask when you make your reservations.

Now, for why I am requesting your cellphone number...during the Myrtle Beach/Wilmington event, we had to make a change in dinner reservations and for those members that did not go to Wilmington BBQ were not informed of the change...that was TOTALLY my fault. I would like to make a "Group" text msg so that everyone who attends the event can easily be contacted with any updates.

QUALITY INN & SUITES PATRIOTS POINT

196 Patriots Point Rd, Mount Pleasant, SC, 29464, US
Phone: (843) 856-8817 Fax: (843) 856-8818
https://www.choicehotels.com/south-c...64?source=gyxt
100% Smoke Free

Group Name: Carolina Viper Club Group Account: 2469059
Arrival Date: Friday, October 7, 2016
Departure Date: Sunday, October 09, 2016
Fixed Cut Off Date: 2016 Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Room Type/Description # of Rooms Available Cost
Business King Suite (BNKK1) 03 $159.00
Business Queen Suite (BSNQQ) 15 $149.00
King Room (NK)(Non Business Suite) 02 $139.00
Room Types: NK-King Room BSNK1 - King Suite, sofa sitting area, wet bar, mini fridge, microwave and two person jetted tub.
BSNQQ - Queen Suite with 2 Queen beds, sofa sitting area, sofa sleeper, wet bar, mini fridge, microwave and traditional bath.
Rates quoted are for single/double occupancy and each additional adult is $10.00 plus tax. Children 17 and younger stay complimentary. Additional nights beyond the room block are based on availability.

Free hot southern breakfast buffet daily includes eggs, bacon and/or sausage, biscuits, biscuit gravy, grits, pancake and waffle station, pastries, toast, cereals, fruit, juices and coffee.

Your Carolinas VOA Team

Jeff, Mike, Craig, Dave & Brian.

Mreeves
08-17-2016, 06:35 PM
Mike and Terri 919-538-7857

CarolinaViper
08-17-2016, 07:47 PM
Those that are going to Charleston so far:

Mike & Terri
Al & Kristy
Bill & Elaine
Craig & Nina
Lance & Teresa
Larry & Tricia
Dave & Marcia
Tom & Diane
Rick & Cheryl
Jeff & Donna

Remember, September 7th, is the last day before we have to release the hotel rooms back to the hotel.

braunstein82
08-17-2016, 10:08 PM
We are not going to be able to make this one unfortunately

CarolinaViper
08-18-2016, 10:48 AM
Sorry to hear that, I know your work schedule is tough.

dodgefever
08-18-2016, 06:08 PM
Just made reservations. Tom and Diane, 757-639-4572

Ninjakris
08-18-2016, 07:18 PM
I hope everyone has a good time. I'll not be able to participate due to a military move. For those that don't know, I'm active duty Air Force here at Charleston. I get selected to Officer school and will be starting my new journey in a few weeks. I have 9 weeks in Alabama followed immediately with 6 months in Biloxi, MS. Hopefully once all my schooling is done I'll get stationed back in the south somewhere.

CarolinaViper
08-18-2016, 08:40 PM
Great for you, hope you get a an AFSC that you really enjoy, makes the years go by a lot faster. Keep us updated of where your are moving after training.

Jeff

snake handler
08-19-2016, 06:01 PM
Add Rick and Cheryl to the list!

CarolinaViper
08-19-2016, 06:52 PM

Mike & Terri
Al & Kristy
Bill & Elaine
Craig & Nina
Lance & Teresa
Larry & Tricia
Dave & Marcia
Tom & Diane
Rick & Cheryl
Audwin & Kelly
Jay & Robyn
George & Michelle
Jeff & Donna

Remember, September 7th, is the last day before we have to release the hotel rooms back to the hotel.

Special Ed
08-19-2016, 08:04 PM

Mike & Terri
Al & Kristy
Bill & Elaine
Craig & Nina
Lance & Teresa
Larry & Tricia
Dave & Marcia
Tom & Diane
Rick & Cheryl
Audwin & Kelly
Jeff & Donna

Sure looks like a great group. Lisa and I wish we didn't have a prior commitment. Have fun.

Bradgray
09-03-2016, 06:52 PM
New to the forum. Was planning on tagging along with my wife, dad and mom. I have a 2001 GTS and my dad has a 1995 RT/10. Sounded like it would be a fun time. If there is any issue just let me know.

CarolinaViper
09-03-2016, 11:13 PM
Give me a call tomorrow afternoon, I would really like to tell you about the VOA and about our Region, call me at 828-442-3393, my name is Jeff Barnes, and currently the president of the best region in the VOA, at least I think so.

Thx

Jeff

CarolinaViper
09-07-2016, 08:14 PM
New to the forum. Was planning on tagging along with my wife, dad and mom. I have a 2001 GTS and my dad has a 1995 RT/10. Sounded like it would be a fun time. If there is any issue just let me know.

Brad, glad you called back, we have over 70 members in the NC/SC area and several that live in the Greenville/Spartanburg area and plenty room for two more Vipers . I am attaching three links 1st one is to our 2016 Region Event Calendar, the 2nd one is to an upcoming event in Charleston (Hotel Deadline is tonight 7 September), the 3rd is to our Region'd website. Take a time and look at the event calendar to see what we so far this year, If you go to the Region's website and click on the "News: tab and then " Region's Newsletter" tab, you will see some of the write-ups we did. If you need any information feel free to call me at 828-442-3393.

As a reminder, please update the page of how many is coming to the restaurants so we can give a accurate head count.

Link 1: http://driveviper.com/forums/threads...dule-of-Events

Link 2a: http://driveviper.com/forums/threads...-October-2016)

Link 2b: http://driveviper.com/forums/threads...arleston-Event

Link 3: http://carolinasviperclub.com/wp/

Jeff Barnes

CarolinaViper
09-13-2016, 07:50 PM
For those that are going to the Charleston event there is going to be a Cars and Coffee event that meets every Saturday around 8AM at the MTP Towne Centre in front of Atlanta Bread Company. A place for car enthusiasts of any marque to share information and plan events in the Charleston, SC area.

From what I was told it is very close to the hotel.

Date/Time: Saturday 8:00am to 10:30am
Location: Atlanta Bread Company 1712 Towne Centre Way, Mount Pleasant, SC 29466

See Link for more info:http://www.hoodscoop.io/event/charleston_cars_coffee#.V9idGpgrI2x

Jeff

dodgefever
09-14-2016, 05:15 PM
That sounds like a good time. I'm in if folks want to go. It looks like it's only 5 miles down from the hotel.

dodgefever
10-03-2016, 09:09 AM
The hotel emailed me that the deadline for cancelling the reservation is tomorrow at 2pm. With the impending storm, had a decision been made about this event yet?

CarolinaViper
10-03-2016, 12:35 PM
The hotel emailed me that the deadline for cancelling the reservation is tomorrow at 2pm. With the impending storm, had a decision been made about this event yet?

I was going to post/email/telephone everyone at 3pm today, but its looking like we going to cancel. Watching the weather channel/stations all day and they stated due to a weather pattern in the mid-us, that will affect Matthew, by bringing it closer to the US coast line. They are still unsure where, but their current path has Charleston dead center of it.

Some are getting a 4 pm deadline and others are getting a 2 pm deadline to cancel on Tuesday.