PDA

View Full Version : Wanna be new owner in central ohio want to see compare a gts vs. acr

porsche2viper
07-13-2016, 09:53 AM
Im interested in getting either an already delivered gts/acr or getting in on the 1 of 1 program but i don't see any inventory near me in dublin / plain city. can someone give me some advice on where to go, time is an issue, do any genV owners go to cars and coffee events?

Stretch
07-13-2016, 10:58 AM
There will be some gen 5's at Mopar Nats next month if you can wait that long.

porsche2viper
07-13-2016, 01:12 PM
are there any good ohio dealers, i didn't see them on the sticky list.

A2008
07-13-2016, 01:24 PM
I doubt if you will find one in Central Ohio. I've lived here all my life, and the only dealer that was good and fairly close was Nelson in Marysville. He no longer is a Dodge dealer. You will have to look north around the St Mary's area, (Bud's). But if I were you, I would start looking at Woodhouse in Nebraska, Roanoke in Illinois, or Tomball in Texas. Like you, I considered a new Viper but couldn't find one anywhere in stock that suited me. Only option left was to order one. Didn't want to wait, so I bought a 16 Z06! ( Still kept my Viper though!)

porsche2viper
07-13-2016, 02:28 PM
crazy thing is i want to buy one, but i need to take a day off to travel somewhere just see it and sit in one. I'm sick of the gt3 and gt3rs and 911r gouging for over msrp and am no longer looking to purchase any new porsches. i like the idea of a one off american car just not sure if i go all the way with acr vs. a gts.

01sapphirebob
07-13-2016, 02:57 PM
As Stretch mentioned, there will be a ton of Vipers at MOPAR Nats in columbus next month. I'm sure there is an owner that would be happy to let you sit in their GEN V. :)

Stretch
07-13-2016, 03:13 PM
Visiting Nelson back in the day was awesome. He always had Vipers there in the late 90's. That's where I test drove my first Viper ever, a '94 RT/10.

I've been trying to think of a closer gen 5 option for you to possibly see but all the ones I've thought of are a several hour drive away.

porsche2viper
07-15-2016, 07:36 AM
I'm looking for something local, i spoke with a dealer re the 1 of 1 and am excited but will not buy without sitting, driving one.

XSnake
07-15-2016, 08:39 AM
I'm looking for something local, i spoke with a dealer re the 1 of 1 and am excited but will not buy without sitting, driving one.

viperexchange. it's not local but you won't get a better experience or more knowledge

Leslie
08-09-2016, 01:17 PM
I agree with the guys here, go to Mopar Nationals in Columbus and sit/get a ride in one.
Then call one of the big dealers mentioned above.

I bought my last Viper sight unseen because I trusted Bill P. at Woodhouse.:)