PDA

View Full Version : New Warning Light - Throttle Body Leaking

SOberman001
07-11-2016, 08:58 AM
So, I had my R29 recall done without issue a few weeks back. Car ran great. This AM, I start the car and get a engine light which reads on the self diagnosis screen as "Throttle bodies leaking into head". I think it said into the head but I know it said the throttle body was leaking. Anyone got experience with this? Root cause?

Car is a all stock 2015 GT with all recalls and maint done.

Thanks

7TH_SIGN
07-11-2016, 09:19 AM
Have you checked the throttle body connections? They could just need to be tightened.

SOberman001
07-11-2016, 09:37 AM
Nope. I just got the car and wouldn't even know where to start with that. Hate to ask this, but you got a pic of what I would be diving into?

swexlin
07-11-2016, 10:44 AM
Since the recall was just done, and car is under warranty, just get it back to the dealer, and have them take care of it.

bluesrt
07-11-2016, 10:51 AM
may have a air leak at the tubes

SOberman001
07-11-2016, 10:57 AM
I scheduled it back to the dealer and let them deal with it. Seems like this should be simple, but if not, I am not the guy to work on stuff like this in my garage.

swexlin
07-11-2016, 11:12 AM
Exactly, under warranty, let your tech handle it. Please let us know how it turns out.

SOberman001
07-20-2016, 11:24 AM
Dealer looked it over.. called Dodge engineering and decided the issue is about as complex as a frozen iPhone. Power it all down and back up and see if it comes back. No kidding, they basically are saying the car threw a erroneous code and they reboot it and told me to drive it for a while. So far, it has not re-occurred

If it pops up again, I will let you guys know

AZTVR
07-20-2016, 03:05 PM
Dealer looked it over.. called Dodge engineering and decided the issue is about as complex as a frozen iPhone. Power it all down and back up and see if it comes back. No kidding, they basically are saying the car threw a erroneous code and they reboot it and told me to drive it for a while. So far, it has not re-occurred

If it pops up again, I will let you guys know

Sounds almost like what I do on my PC when I have an issue: Close all Windows, Power down, Power up, Open Windows again.

If it happens again to you, try the windows part of the process if they didn't do that. :witless: