PDA

View Full Version : New Owner - Sevierville TN

SliderJack
07-06-2016, 08:38 AM
If everything goes as planned, I'll be picking up my first Viper, a beautiful 97 Blue/White GTS, a month from now. :dancingman: I've been trying to be cool, but I can't help but be excited and had to give in and post about it. That and I wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

My wife and I moved to the Sevierville area two years ago from Wisconsin. We came down on vacation for the first time maybe 3 years ago and fell in love with the area. I had hoped to find a place in the mountains but my wife fell in love with a house towards Seymour. It's not a bad location, not too close/far from Gatlinburg and not too far from the FootHills parkway and Deals Gap. The downside to the house is that it had only a two-car garage. I've been working on building a second garage, and when that happens you start thinking about what to put in the garage. :)

I have a 78 FJ40 project I've been working on, and that was the primary reason for the garage. So I'd have a place to grind and paint and work, but it wasn't too long before I was thinking about building another Cobra. It would be nice to have a hot rod again. But seeing as I'm still building the garage myself and the FJ40 is waiting to be finished, starting another project wasn't high on my list. So I started thinking about alternatives to a Cobra and that's when a Viper came to mind.

When I lived in Dallas a guy near my work would daily drive his blue/white GTS. I just loved the looks of that car! I had seen a few over the years but I never thought I'd have the opportunity to own one. My wife and I recently saw a red/white GTS at a dealer in Knoxville and for the first time I had the opportunity to sit in one, start it up, and thoroughly check it out. The lines are just so outrageous yet timeless. I love it!

So that's my life story. :) I was hoping to meet a few of you at the Gatlingburg meet a few weeks ago but I didn't make it out. That's okay, hopefully I'll be there next year with my GTS!

Jack

J TNT
07-06-2016, 09:09 AM
Congrats on your new Ride and welcome aboard !!!
One of the Best Museums I've been to is in Sevierville TN, for low mileage, original paint cars .

SliderJack
07-06-2016, 10:10 AM
Congrats on your new Ride and welcome aboard !!!
One of the Best Museums I've been to is in Sevierville TN, for low mileage, original paint cars .

Thanks! I have yet to check out that museum. I'll have to do it one of these days! Thanks!

Stretch
07-06-2016, 10:49 AM
Congrats and welcome!! I joined the club on the yearly Tail of the Dragon trip for the first time in 2010 and was hooked immediately. I've been back every year since.

SliderJack
07-06-2016, 11:06 AM
Congrats and welcome!! I joined the club on the yearly Tail of the Dragon trip for the first time in 2010 and was hooked immediately. I've been back every year since.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm lucky to live so close to so many beautiful roads. I'm anxious to be done with projects and get out and explore some of them!

Joel
07-06-2016, 12:38 PM
Slider Jack

Sent you a PM. Welcome to Tennessee!

SliderJack
07-06-2016, 01:46 PM
Slider Jack

Sent you a PM. Welcome to Tennessee!

Thanks Joel!

uvbnbit
07-07-2016, 05:42 AM
welcome. My wife is from Sevierville.

SliderJack
07-07-2016, 08:29 AM
welcome. My wife is from Sevierville.

Her name isn't Dolly Parton is it? :)

XSTAR
07-07-2016, 08:17 PM
Welcome. A coupe fellow Viper owners in Sevierville/Townsand and several in Knoxville.

uvbnbit
07-08-2016, 05:54 AM

No, but.....

TCurtner
07-15-2016, 11:32 AM
If everything goes as planned, I'll be picking up my first Viper, a beautiful 97 Blue/White GTS, a month from now. :dancingman: I've been trying to be cool, but I can't help but be excited and had to give in and post about it. That and I wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

My wife and I moved to the Sevierville area two years ago from Wisconsin. We came down on vacation for the first time maybe 3 years ago and fell in love with the area. I had hoped to find a place in the mountains but my wife fell in love with a house towards Seymour. It's not a bad location, not too close/far from Gatlinburg and not too far from the FootHills parkway and Deals Gap. The downside to the house is that it had only a two-car garage. I've been working on building a second garage, and when that happens you start thinking about what to put in the garage. :)

I have a 78 FJ40 project I've been working on, and that was the primary reason for the garage. So I'd have a place to grind and paint and work, but it wasn't too long before I was thinking about building another Cobra. It would be nice to have a hot rod again. But seeing as I'm still building the garage myself and the FJ40 is waiting to be finished, starting another project wasn't high on my list. So I started thinking about alternatives to a Cobra and that's when a Viper came to mind.

When I lived in Dallas a guy near my work would daily drive his blue/white GTS. I just loved the looks of that car! I had seen a few over the years but I never thought I'd have the opportunity to own one. My wife and I recently saw a red/white GTS at a dealer in Knoxville and for the first time I had the opportunity to sit in one, start it up, and thoroughly check it out. The lines are just so outrageous yet timeless. I love it!

So that's my life story. :) I was hoping to meet a few of you at the Gatlingburg meet a few weeks ago but I didn't make it out. That's okay, hopefully I'll be there next year with my GTS!

Jack

Welcome! You're certainly in a great place to drive that car! Multiple backroads, close, and within a 200 mile radius of you that people travel all over the country (and world) to experience. Be sure and catch up on some of the Tail Of The Dragon posts from this year and past years...

SliderJack
07-15-2016, 05:02 PM
Welcome! You're certainly in a great place to drive that car! Multiple backroads, close, and within a 200 mile radius of you that people travel all over the country (and world) to experience. Be sure and catch up on some of the Tail Of The Dragon posts from this year and past years...

Thanks! I try and get out to the Foothills Parkway every chance I get. The roads are definitely part of the reason I'm getting the car.

I plan to take a week of in the Fall just to drive and enjoy the leaves. I still have a lot to explore and hopefully you guys can suggest some good roads!

SliderJack
08-24-2016, 08:17 AM
Hard to believe how little time I've spent with the Viper since I got it home. Been busy but made time yesterday morning for a proper drive and I think I'm starting to get a feel for it. I'm loving it actually!

SliderJack
08-24-2016, 08:20 AM

Bmw2nv2000
08-24-2016, 09:08 PM

Actually his wife has performed with Dolly before. Hope to see ya next year on the Dragon Trip