PDA

View Full Version : Gen 3 SCT Tune

69gtoman
07-06-2016, 08:22 AM
Simple question. I was reading a thread that I can no longer find with strong recommendations on a place that specializes in viper tunes. Who has info on that company?

BACKGROUND: I recently had full headers, high flow cats and cat back installed along with some unknown tune via an SCT tuner (which I have). The place was a local shop that I question what they did. Though I like the way the car is running and sounding I am concerned that I may be running too lean. I really want to buy a tune that I understand and which is closer to a good tune. The closest place that tunes live is pretty far from me and not returning calls. I believe my only option is to buy a tune from someone who knows the viper.

Thanks

Ron

Vprbite
07-06-2016, 10:31 AM
Todd at A&C performance. Can send you a pre written tune or remote tune on a dyno.

Or, Dan Cragin has been tuning Vipers since about 6 months after they came out.

I don't think you can go wrong with either. Having the SCT device already is nice. That's about 400 bucks right there. And as I understand it, Winkles says too lean is BAD NEWS for Viper motors. Either of the above shops should do right by you. Both have stellar reputations and will be doing mine soon.

Good luck. Enjoy.

The Stig
07-06-2016, 06:26 PM
Evening Folks

I have tried various tunes from various suppliers, hands down Dan Cragin is the best choice . Well worth the call and ALOT of viper history and hands on

69gtoman
01-30-2017, 09:25 AM
I had about the same exact setup and concern. My original tune was hot..... I went with Dan Cragin as recommended and damn is he good. One thing I liked is that he really understands the car. He has you put a cooler thermostat in the car which allows him to tune it properly. The car runs so much cooler and still crazy fast.

doncmleon
02-17-2017, 01:20 AM
I had about the same exact setup and concern. My original tune was hot..... I went with Dan Cragin as recommended and damn is he good. One thing I liked is that he really understands the car. He has you put a cooler thermostat in the car which allows him to tune it properly. The car runs so much cooler and still crazy fast.

what thermostat did you go with? im wanting to go that route too!

69gtoman
03-01-2017, 02:24 PM
Not sure which brand. Dan sourced it and sent it over to me. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

StrongIsland45
03-03-2017, 02:47 PM
I got a tune for my 2003 from Dan Cragin and he recommended the 170 degree Stat, which I went with (bought it from Dan directly).. very pleased with the tune. Did everything via phone and email. Great Guy!

Red Dog
12-16-2017, 10:10 AM
I purchased an SCT and tune from one of our sponsoring vendors, Viper Specialty Performance for my Gen III Copperhead. Dan Lesser was great to work with and patiently explained every step of the process. Install was "easy peasy" . . . There is a noticable seat of the pants performance increase and the CAGS is (thankfully) disabled. I would recommend Viper Specialty Performance and Dan Lesser . . . THANKS Dan . . .

Bob Davis (Red Dog)

Viper Specialty Performance
http://www.ViperSpecialtyPerformance.com
Perfection. That is our only requirement.
Tel. No. 716-912-5336

Viper Specialty
12-16-2017, 10:16 AM
I purchased an SCT and tune from one of our sponsoring vendors, Viper Specialty Performance for my Gen III Copperhead. Dan Lesser was great to work with and patiently explained every step of the process. Install was "easy peasy" . . . There is a noticable seat of the pants performance increase and the CAGS is (thankfully) disabled. I would recommend Viper Specialty Performance and Dan Lesser . . . THANKS Dan . . .

Bob Davis (Red Dog)

Viper Specialty Performance
http://www.ViperSpecialtyPerformance.com
Perfection. That is our only requirement.
Tel. No. 716-912-5336

Thanks for the recommendation!

Whozaka
01-12-2018, 10:15 PM
Looking like I'm going to contact Dan and get my tune rolling soon.

Red Dog
01-13-2018, 07:47 AM
Looking like I'm going to contact Dan and get my tune rolling soon.

You'll be happy with the improvement!

Whozaka
01-13-2018, 08:54 PM
You'll be happy with the improvement!

I hope so. I plan on going catless for the heat reduction. I'll need a tune to make sure the codes don't light my dash up.

Viper Specialty
01-26-2018, 12:32 PM
I hope so. I plan on going catless for the heat reduction. I'll need a tune to make sure the codes don't light my dash up.

Wrong approach. Contact for more info.