PDA

View Full Version : Registration is now open for the Mojave Mile October 8th and 9th, 2016

viperr
07-05-2016, 02:49 PM
For people who want to take their car to a course where you can see how fast it will go you can attend the fall Mojave Magnum event in Mojave , California. It doesn't matter whether you run a stock VW or a turbocharged Hyabusa motorcycle or anything in between you will see some interesting times (256 mph for the Hyabusa).

I attended the April event this year and it was a ball. They run on a 1,200 foot runway and they put time traps at the 1/2 mile, 1 mile, and mile and a half marks. At the end of your run you get a time slip with all 3 times listed. You do standing starts for this event.

The reason I am letting people know is that it fills up very rapidly and I believe it is limited to 120 cars. If you want to check it out go to: http://www.mojavemile.com/ and look at the rulebook for safety requirements. They run a very safe event and if you stay under 180 mph you can get by with fairly basic safety gear. Once you get to the A2 (205 mph class) you need more gear.

I am not affiliated with the organizers, but I think that many Viper owners would like to see how fast their cars can go. I ran 193.5 with my totally stock 2014 GTS, so I am sure if people have some nice mods their cars they may break 200 mph in the mile and a half.

ViperPete
07-05-2016, 05:33 PM
Need to do one of those on the east coast. In Florida. Close to my house. Id go to that.

Vprbite
07-05-2016, 06:00 PM
Need to do one of those on the east coast. In Florida. Close to my house. Id go to that.

How about one on the 7 mile bridge starting in Miami and ending in Key West?

viperr
07-06-2016, 06:19 PM
I heard from a friend that saw on Facebook that they already have 78 entries for the October Mojave Magnum. They only have 125 total spots, so be sure to enter if you want to run your car in their event. I am not going in October as I am about as fast as I can go without some more mods. I need to raid the piggy bank to get the cam and heads installation to get more horsepower.

Double0fox
07-06-2016, 07:16 PM
Rich I highly doubt I can go this go around, but if you keep going I will sign up next year, and head down with you. Are you heading to Oregon with us on the 16th?

viperr
07-07-2016, 12:00 AM
I am not sure if I will go in April, but I think I will go again when I pump up the motor on my Viper.

I am not planning to go to Graveyard Carz. It is not one of my favorite shows because of all its fake drama. I am sure it will be interesting otherwise, but I have another event I am attending on the 16th.

Rocket
07-07-2016, 02:49 AM
Thanks for passing this along. I did 161 in the half mile and would really like to see what I could do in the mile and 1.5 mile marks. Thinking that 200mph would be attainable. :drive:

I'm really torn as for Auto 2 class (to go faster than 185), I would need to add 5 point belts, arm restraints, and a racing suit, after already adding a roll bar and new tires (Which I'll need shortly anyhow).

viperr
07-07-2016, 11:50 AM
If you did 161 in the half mile I am sure you would run 200 in the mile and a half. My 2014 GTS running stock hit 149 in half mile, 183 in the mile and 193.5 in the mile and a half. You have a lot more power than I have, so 200+ should be possible. I know it is a lot of expense for the safety stuff, but getting to go that fast is a real rush.

Vprbite
07-07-2016, 02:18 PM
Thanks for passing this along. I did 161 in the half mile and would really like to see what I could do in the mile and 1.5 mile marks. Thinking that 200mph would be attainable. :drive:

I'm really torn as for Auto 2 class (to go faster than 185), I would need to add 5 point belts, arm restraints, and a racing suit, after already adding a roll bar and new tires (Which I'll need shortly anyhow).

Roll bad or full cage? I dont think the autoform bar is too expensive. You also might be able to find some gently used 5pts on here or racingjunk.com. And the racing suit, well that just looks cool.

Rocket
07-07-2016, 03:20 PM
Me in a racing suit looking cool ??? I'm thinking I would need Omar the Tent Maker to make a suit that fits me. :D

Here's a link to my 161mph run against a McLaren:

https://www.instagram.com/p/-zNDuFLkg1/?taken-by=omegamotorsport

Roll bad or full cage? I dont think the autoform bar is too expensive. You also might be able to find some gently used 5pts on here or racingjunk.com. And the racing suit, well that just looks cool.

viperr
07-07-2016, 04:08 PM
Rocket - nice video. Do they do a roll start or standing start there? It may be tough to satisfy the tech people, but if the roll bar is well engineered they will probably accept it. You can contact the tech people to check. I have a 2014 GTS coupe and it will qualify for A2 without a roll-bar, but all the other safety stuff is needed. By the way, I wore a Nomex suit and I am short with short legs and did not resemble an F1 driver in any respect.

Double0fox
07-08-2016, 01:50 PM
I am not sure if I will go in April, but I think I will go again when I pump up the motor on my Viper.

I am not planning to go to Graveyard Carz. It is not one of my favorite shows because of all its fake drama. I am sure it will be interesting otherwise, but I have another event I am attending on the 16th.

I think the date is now getting moved. Ya I posted on the OR/WA Facebook page that I just wanted to go to meet other Viper people, and drive my car. I have no want to really go there either. I am trying to see if they just want to do a meetup/drive instead on that date. Sorry for the thread hijack.

Vprbite
07-08-2016, 05:29 PM
Me in a racing suit looking cool ??? I'm thinking I would need Omar the Tent Maker to make a suit that fits me. :D

Here's a link to my 161mph run against a McLaren:

https://www.instagram.com/p/-zNDuFLkg1/?taken-by=omegamotorsport

Tighter is less drag. Good for speed. Plus we wouldn't mind the show.