PDA

View Full Version : Watkins Glen Venom Red ACR

str5010
07-04-2016, 07:16 AM
Despite being at Watkins Glen for two days this weekend I only managed to spot a 2009 Venom Red ACR in the line of traffic leaving after the race. I know they only made one in that color in 09 so I jumped out of the vehicle I was riding in and ran down to the car where the owner was nice enough to stop and let me snap a picture......and my camera died!

Does anyone know if that owner is on the forum? The car was monotone as opposed to the 2008 VR ACRs which all had the black center band. I would swear that his color also looked a shade lighter.

I would love to have a picture of the car and learn why, if anyone knows, they just made 1 in what appears to be a slightly different shade of VR.

Schen
07-04-2016, 09:21 AM
I think Bryan took a pic, his TA was parked down by the bus stop. Chris brought his 99 ACR also. That Venom Red ACR also pulled in with a black mamba. They had parked down by the media center.

Kinda funny though, there were 5 Vipers at the race and one was in it. Had to be about 300 Corvettes in attendance for the pace laps.

--RS

FrankBarba
07-04-2016, 10:32 AM
Congratulations to American Automakers. Dodge 4th Place in Class, FordGT 1 & 2. Looks like a good time for American Autos.

Lizzardking308
07-04-2016, 01:07 PM
I was eyeing the 09 ACR as well, the owner said he has two other Vipers as well, a gen 2 and 3. I failed to ask if he was on here or not. There was also a 2016 ACR from Bondurant hanging around that I left some drool on. It's too bad for that late caution or they might have picked up a podium finish. Something has to give with those BS performance restrictions as they kill that car.

str5010
07-04-2016, 02:00 PM
I think Bryan took a pic, his TA was parked down by the bus stop. Chris brought his 99 ACR also. That Venom Red ACR also pulled in with a black mamba. They had parked down by the media center.

Kinda funny though, there were 5 Vipers at the race and one was in it. Had to be about 300 Corvettes in attendance for the pace laps.

--RS

I saw Bryan's car but didn't run into him. I also took a bunch of pics of the ACR-E that was running laps. I mentioned on the owner of the VR that I would try to contact him via the forums but forgot to actually ask if he was on this particular forum. I was jogging alongside the car so judgement wasn't the best.

Eachey51
07-05-2016, 08:23 AM

--RS[/QUOTE]

So many vettes in one place it looked like a land fill 😂

str5010
07-05-2016, 10:22 AM

Bryan saved the day! Now the picture looks more like my car's color so now I'm confused haha.

bozz
07-05-2016, 04:27 PM
Looks good - it's a colour that's better without stripes....

:United_Kingdom: