PDA

View Full Version : Power for the Drag Queens

PeerBlock
01-04-2014, 02:17 PM
Suppose you thought that the viper was built for drag racing like the camaro or mustang you had before it, and then discovered that it tends to overheat between each pass. What can you do?

Option 3:
Purchase and install a water injection kit. A water injection kit uses a mix of methanol and water, which is sprayed into the intake under acceleration. The purpose of doing this is to provide just the right amount of cooling to allow for advanced timing without detonation. Best of all, you can install this kit without making it look out of place and without disrupting the airflow through the engine bay, because the tank, pump and electronics can be mounted in the trunk only requiring the hose to be snaked into the engine bay.

Water injection is sometimes called alcohol injection and this doesn't matter because it's the same thing. The net result is a consistent drop of intake air temperature by up to 50 degrees F. If and when you decided to sell your Viper, you can easily remove this system to preserve its resale value.

Red Snake
01-04-2014, 05:49 PM
lol :D

Coloviper
01-04-2014, 06:17 PM
Is it April Fools yet? Me thinks Lance "Bromance " has a new friend!

daytonprowler
01-04-2014, 06:40 PM
OOPS! I thought this thread was about..... never mind.

FLATOUT
01-04-2014, 07:19 PM
Can we delete this thread?

Troublemaker
01-04-2014, 07:30 PM
That's awesome. This thread could get good.

Voice of Reason
01-04-2014, 07:43 PM
A couple notes for those visiting the Gen V forum, maybe through clicking the New Posts link and being curious about this thread:

1) note the OP's member status.

2) note his solution begins with Option 3. There used to be a couple other options but those were insulting to upstanding members.

Nuf said.

Troublemaker
01-04-2014, 08:12 PM
OOPS! I thought this thread was about..... never mind.

I missed that the first time, classic.

KRATEDISEASE
01-04-2014, 08:59 PM
Suppose you thought that the viper was built for drag racing like the camaro or mustang you had before it, and then discovered that it tends to overheat between each pass. What can you do?

Option 3:
Purchase and install a water injection kit. A water injection kit uses a mix of methanol and water, which is sprayed into the intake under acceleration. The purpose of doing this is to provide just the right amount of cooling to allow for advanced timing without detonation. Best of all, you can install this kit without making it look out of place and without disrupting the airflow through the engine bay, because the tank, pump and electronics can be mounted in the trunk only requiring the hose to be snaked into the engine bay.

Water injection is sometimes called alcohol injection and this doesn't matter because it's the same thing. The net result is a consistent drop of intake air temperature by up to 50 degrees F. If and when you decided to sell your Viper, you can easily remove this system to preserve its resale value.

See !! Peerbuddy put his thinking cap on and gave us another solution.

Thank you Peerbuddy.

Nine Ball
01-05-2014, 07:52 AM
I've owned dozens of Camaros and Mustangs. None of them ran 10s stock, so I guess the Viper is a better drag car.

commandomatt
01-05-2014, 11:42 AM
Wow...our old buddy 'peer' only managed to get 19 posts in before he was shut up.

This is such a surprise since he was really so superior and never wrong about anything

Matt

Jack B
01-05-2014, 12:01 PM
1. A little late and forced by circumstances.

2. Pie in the sky - build it and show us. There are talkers and doer's

3. It won't work, MAF too close to tb. When Tom tried spraying the pcm pulled hp.