PDA

View Full Version : My new toy is here.

nx91notch
06-21-2016, 12:53 PM
After years of dreaming about owning Viper I finally bought one. I still have a diecast model my parents bought me for Christmas way back in '95. Took me 21 years but better late than never.

Picked up a 2013 SRT with 1900 miles. Track package, leather, and the Harman Kardon radio. I bought this car with full intent on making it a daily driver. I buy cars for me to enjoy. Only downfall is I had to part with my Hellcat. Loved the Hellcat but just couldn't give up on the idea of owning a Viper.

But damn these Corsa tires are rock blasters! I was planning on adding the Xpel and CQuartz but the previous owner (with only 1900 miles) didn't have any protection and the rockers are pretty chipped up already. Pretty much pointless to add the Xpel to the rockers at this point. Trying to decide if I want to paint them right away or let them ride until they are really noticeable. I can't see them when standing but get at eye level they are there.

Anyway I attached some pics so enjoy. And Yes I am that guy in the gray tank top. Bring on the comments on how the hell do I fit in the car haha.

texasram
06-21-2016, 12:57 PM
A viper looks good on you, make sure to check the recalls and get r28 and r29 done, love the color to

nx91notch
06-21-2016, 12:59 PM
A viper looks good on you, make sure to check the recalls and get r28 and r29 done, love the color to

I already checked into it and it only showed up with the R29 recall and it has already been done so I should be all good.

Seat lowering kit showed up today and my Doug Shelby catch can is in the mail. So I should be all set until I want to add the Arrow controller and exhaust.

swexlin
06-21-2016, 01:10 PM
I did Xpel and CQuartz on mine, and I bought it with 7200 miles, and the Corsas had already done some work. My detailer was still able to clean it up a bit. Do it - way worth it.

VIPERGTSRT10
06-21-2016, 01:18 PM
Car looks great, congrats!

XSnake
06-21-2016, 01:20 PM
Congrats!

ACR Steve
06-21-2016, 01:26 PM
looks great good luck

Trick- I had a black Porsche that had a chipped hood . After it was cleaned and just before the guy put on the expel I colored in the chips with a black sharpie. After the xpel covered it the hood looked brand new you couldn't see the chips

Coder
06-21-2016, 01:35 PM
After years of dreaming about owning Viper I finally bought one. I still have a diecast model my parents bought me for Christmas way back in '95. Took me 21 years but better late than never.

Picked up a 2013 SRT with 1900 miles. Track package, leather, and the Harman Kardon radio. I bought this car with full intent on making it a daily driver. I buy cars for me to enjoy. Only downfall is I had to part with my Hellcat. Loved the Hellcat but just couldn't give up on the idea of owning a Viper.

But damn these Corsa tires are rock blasters! I was planning on adding the Xpel and CQuartz but the previous owner (with only 1900 miles) didn't have any protection and the rockers are pretty chipped up already. Pretty much pointless to add the Xpel to the rockers at this point. Trying to decide if I want to paint them right away or let them ride until they are really noticeable. I can't see them when standing but get at eye level they are there.

Anyway I attached some pics so enjoy. And Yes I am that guy in the gray tank top. Bring on the comments on how the hell do I fit in the car haha.

Congrats Man! You are going to be so freaking happy.

I too went from a Hellcat to a 2013 Viper.

Quickly contacted Andy at Viper Exchange, got my hands on the Arrow Racing PCM and suspension caps to drop it down 1/2 inch or so, added TA 1.0 CF aero kit) TA sways front and rear and an IPSCO underdrive pulley. All cheaper mods, but the stock Viper GTS versus this new small mod version is a night and day difference.

A pic of my old Hellcat next to my new Viper, before I started modding..

http://i.imgur.com/0eFFfO9.jpg

If you do the aero kit, please note the rear applique for the 2013 is different from the rear applique for 2014 onward. It looks the same on the outside, but the underpinnings and way it connects to the lights, the frame etc are different.

http://i.imgur.com/0HSgCnR.jpg

(in this pic, not dropped down yet)

nx91notch
06-21-2016, 01:38 PM
Congrats Man! You are going to be so freaking happy.

I too went from a Hellcat to a 2013 Viper.

Quickly contacted Andy at Viper Exchange, got my hands on the Arrow Racing PCM and suspension caps to drop it down 1/2 inch or so, added TA 1.0 CF aero kit) TA sways front and rear and an IPSCO underdrive pulley. All cheaper mods, but the stock Viper GTS versus this new small mod version is a night and day difference.

A pic of my old Hellcat next to my new Viper, before I started modding..

If you do the aero kit, please note the rear applique for the 2013 is different from the rear applique for 2014 onward. It looks the same on the outside, but the underpinnings and way it connects to the lights, the frame etc are different.

(in this pic, not dropped down yet)

Thank you for the tips.

I do plan to add the carbon fiber aero package someday soon.

nx91notch
06-21-2016, 01:41 PM
First order of business is what my plate is going to be. My Hellcat plate was 707 SRT

I have 2 in mind but not sure which one I want to go with.

I am actually a certified Chrysler Viper tech so I was thinking maybe: VPR TEC

Or I was thinking of going with SRT VPR

Both are available in my state.

Murpowa
06-21-2016, 02:23 PM
VPR TEC is way more unique

Congrats on the car!

Topplayer
06-21-2016, 02:38 PM
congrats, Just got my first snake a couple of weeks back. Going to be a fun ride!!

Ggrrady
06-21-2016, 04:14 PM
There was a post about stone guards. I want to buy them before the ACR arrives. Woodhouse has them.

ClayR
06-21-2016, 04:17 PM
I've got some TA Sway bars I used my MOPAR discount on I would sell you less than from MOPAR. Nice Ride, Enjoy it ! And get he Arrow PCM too.

Vipes
06-21-2016, 04:25 PM
Awesome color, congrats!

edc
06-21-2016, 04:41 PM
Add some Boomerrang stone guards from Woodhouse to help those rockers also.

Dsjp916
06-21-2016, 06:21 PM
Congrats man! Though I'm not as tall...I have similar build as you. I have no problem seeing while driving, but I do slam the door into my left shoulder everytime I get in. It's part of the experience I feel haha.

FLATOUT
06-21-2016, 09:04 PM
Congrats on the car and love the story! Give me a call about the PCM or any other performance questions.

awheeler@viperexchange.com

USCDOC
06-21-2016, 11:29 PM
Congrats!! Don't worry about rock chips... Just repaint when it gets really bad. It's just paint.

nx91notch
06-22-2016, 09:24 AM
Add some Boomerrang stone guards from Woodhouse to help those rockers also.

Thanks for the tip. Just ordered them this morning.

Congrats man! Though I'm not as tall...I have similar build as you. I have no problem seeing while driving, but I do slam the door into my left shoulder everytime I get in. It's part of the experience I feel haha.

LOL. I haven't smashed my shoulder yet but I bet I will do it eventually. Got my seat lowering kit in last night and I actually removed the dead pedal to let me stretch the left leg out while cruising. I will put the dead pedal back in when I go to the track. It's such a small pedal box the dead pedal for street driving just made it feel cramp to me.

I fit nice and comfortable now. It's amazing how much the seat lowering kit changes it. The advertised 2" doesn't sound like a lot but it really is.

And thank your to everyone else for the kind words. Much appreciated.

ViperPete
06-22-2016, 02:28 PM
Congrats!!!!

I'm glad you got one after 21 years! I saw my first GTS in 1997 and was in love! Took me 19 years for me to get one :)

A2008
06-23-2016, 10:57 AM
I have been passing a Viper similar to yours in the mornings here recently. Any chance you are in Central Ohio??

nx91notch
06-23-2016, 12:01 PM
I have been passing a Viper similar to yours in the mornings here recently. Any chance you are in Central Ohio??

Nope.

I am located in the St.Pete area of FL

viper04
06-24-2016, 06:48 AM
Congrats on the new car, do you miss the Cat?

nx91notch
06-24-2016, 07:21 AM
Congrats on the new car, do you miss the Cat?

Nope.

Took it for her first extended drive from Tampa to Orlando this morning. About 110 miles and i was extremely comfortable.

It got about 14 mpg and took a little under half a tank. I am content with that.

My back started to bother me with about 15 minutes left of the drive but I associate that with my body. That's how my body does in pretty much all cars.

Everyone says Vipers are hot inside. I had the A/C set on bi level and low blower speed in FL heat and had to adjust the vents away from me. Got a little chilly. Coolant temp helf at about 185 ish and oil temp was right on par with the coolant.

Little loud with the cruise set at 90 but I love it. All in all it did well IMO.

This is a raw car and thats what I love about it. But its not nearly as raw as all the reviews claim it to be.

So no so far I am not missing the cat.

lochnessmonster
06-24-2016, 09:41 AM
Good choice!!! You'll love that car. The phrase "never meet your hero" doesn't apply to the Viper ;)