PDA

View Full Version : Gen I or II Hardtop Weatherstrip Kit?

Coloviper
01-04-2014, 09:25 AM
Okay I have search the world, here there and everywhere! Nobody really talks about the rubber Weatherstrip kits for the GEN I or even GEN II removable hard tops.

I am in need of a complete factory rubber replacement weather strip kit for my GEN I hardtop I purchased from a great previous member last year. Hardtop it is 100% perfect shape on both exterior and interior sides, however the weatherstrip kit for the top is pieced together, glued on rubber pieces from hear to there, a lot of members I know and have seen their tops, they have same situation. Surely someone has seen a small market for this or are these still available from Mopar? Not interested in paying as much for the rubber weatherstrip as the top itself though.

Any help or thoughts on this? Thanks!

Coloviper
01-05-2014, 09:41 PM
What, am I on ignore? Come on boys and girls, surely one of you is looking for this as well?

PittsburghRT
01-06-2014, 02:30 PM
As a gen1 owner the only thing you can do is buy universal weatherstrip. I wish someone did make a weatherstrip kit. I am still trying to get rid of wind noise from my hardtop.

herbbone
01-06-2014, 03:46 PM
As a gen1 owner the only thing you can do is buy universal weatherstrip. I wish someone did make a weatherstrip kit. I am still trying to get rid of wind noise from my hardtop.

Agreed.

Coloviper
01-06-2014, 06:00 PM
Okay, so it is not just me? :)

The universal kit in a glue-by-numbers is what mine looks like at the moment. Sounds like I (we) am on my own then. Before I go the universal route to recreate, I think I will call the Godfather's: Jon B or Chuck Tator, unless you guys are on here and want to pass along some advice to us?