PDA

View Full Version : Viper Magazine

1Viper
01-03-2014, 08:31 PM
Wish we could order the new viper Magazine without being a member. Iowa doesn't have a club, so I would have to join the Illinois cub to far to go to meetings etc. so if your a Viper Owner I should be able to buy the viper magazine. Thanks Wayne

Taylor
01-04-2014, 07:50 AM
I'm in Iowa also, but I joined, doubt I cam make any meetings or club events, but I am going to try.

Drummerviper
01-04-2014, 08:32 AM
Just Google Viper pictures and BS and you will have the equivalent of the last several issues.

sparkrn
01-04-2014, 08:41 AM
Wish we could order the new viper Magazine without being a member. Iowa doesn't have a club, so I would have to join the Illinois cub to far to go to meetings etc. so if your a Viper Owner I should be able to buy the viper magazine. Thanks Wayne
I believe for the $115 to join the club the mag will be worth it, plus with the mass amount of the activities the Illinois club does, im sure you will find something of interest that will make you drive across the two states. IMO the Illinois club has so much to offer that you cant go wrong. Pull the trigger! It only cost about 2 tanks of gas to join. The more the merrier.

TrackAire
01-04-2014, 12:10 PM
Just Google Viper pictures and BS and you will have the equivalent of the last several issues.

That's pretty damn funny!! Welcome back Drummer....good to see you back on the Viper forum. IMO, this site has a tone much more like the FGT forum. Heck, if you like this site and club enough, maybe you'll reconsider a Gen 5 :United_States:

The Gen 5 TA would fit right in with the rest of your car harem!!

Cheers,
George

Photog1
01-04-2014, 11:11 PM

How far is it to Barrington,IL for you? I am in Central Illinois and I drive 170 miles one way to the meetings. You can't go wrong joining the Illinois Club. The best group of people ever!!!! :dude3: "You come for the car and you stay for the people"

Janni
01-05-2014, 11:49 AM
The plan is to have subscriptions available to the new and improved Viper Quarterly. But - we'd really like to see you as a Crossroads of America VOA member!

I Bin Therbefor
01-05-2014, 02:42 PM
The plan is to have subscriptions available to the new and improved Viper Quarterly. But - we'd really like to see you as a Crossroads of America VOA member!

Where do I send my money for the subscriptions? :confused:

Not that I'm in a hurry or anything.:o:o:o

Back In Black
01-05-2014, 08:20 PM
Join the Minnesota club!!! We're more fun than Illinois anyway. :dude3:

SmoknTires
01-05-2014, 09:46 PM
We will be discussing it with our board (all of the region presidents) to get the blessing, but we think it makes a lot of sense. If we move ahead we will be setting up a portal for ordering the magazine so it can just be done online. I think it's a good idea.

Loud
01-05-2014, 09:59 PM
How far is it to Barrington,IL for you? I am in Central Illinois and I drive 170 miles one way to the meetings. You can't go wrong joining the Illinois Club. The best group of people ever!!!! :dude3: "You come for the car and you stay for the people"

What Rob said.

St.Char
01-05-2014, 10:11 PM
I believe for the $115 to join the club the mag will be worth it, plus with the mass amount of the activities the Illinois club does, im sure you will find something of interest that will make you drive across the two states. IMO the Illinois club has so much to offer that you cant go wrong. Pull the trigger! It only cost about 2 tanks of gas to join. The more the merrier.

Plus, there will be some vendors offering discounts to members too.

slysnake
01-05-2014, 10:26 PM
I'm also an eastern Iowa owner. IL does do some things with the Quad Cities group so not too bad a drive. :)

I Bin Therbefor
01-06-2014, 08:12 AM
We will be discussing it with our board (all of the region presidents) to get the blessing, but we think it makes a lot of sense. If we move ahead we will be setting up a portal for ordering the magazine so it can just be done online. I think it's a good idea.

Me too:dude3:

Rocket
01-06-2014, 10:56 AM
I don't want to put words in your mouth, and it sounds to me that you would like to: 1) support the club, 2) receive the magazine, 3) and based on your location - do not feel that you would get your monies worth by joining the Illinois, Minnesota, or Nebraska clubs (seeing nearly 50% of the dues goes to one of those chapters.)

Hmmm .....

http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/794-National-Membership?highlight=national+membership

Bill Pemberton
01-06-2014, 11:10 AM
We know there are quite a few folks in Iowa and are hoping we can have some events closer to you , though we realize you are unfortunately half way between various Clubs. Feel free to call me
or email me and sure that joining will have some benefit to you!!!

We have some big events coming up and would love to get more Iowejans into our group.

Sincerely,

Bill Pemberton
Crossroads of America VOA
1-800-889-1893
cell 402-677-5864
billpemberton@woodhouse.com

daytonprowler
01-06-2014, 11:12 AM
Problem solved:

https://driveviper.com/join/join.php

Go to where it says "Membership Information" and below that is a "REGION" drop down box. Click on that and scroll all the way down and their is a selection for "no regional affiliation."

So, like you have suggested, your money will go to national and not a region.

I Bin Therbefor
01-08-2014, 03:24 PM
Update please on avaliability of mag subscriptions:confused:

SmoknTires
01-08-2014, 04:29 PM
It is on the list to discuss with the board and vote on a decision (the next meeting with all region presidents is tomorrow). Minutes usually get published a couple days after. You should hear by the weekend.

I sense it'll be supported, I don't see much of a downside that would stand in the way. It's good to get Viper news to people regardless of who they are (just like forums). And lots of people have asked about gift subscriptions.

News to come.

BlknBlu
01-08-2014, 04:37 PM
I want all of my magazines signed please......lol

Bruce

Bitten
01-08-2014, 10:36 PM
I just want some magazines. Hahahahaha

dadstoy
01-09-2014, 07:21 PM
would love to be able to order the magazine. I don't have time for car clubs right now.

BlknBlu
01-10-2014, 02:08 PM
should have some news on this within the next week to share.

Stay tuned.

Bruce

Wiperman
01-10-2014, 06:07 PM
I'm sure everyone is looking forward to the 1st one

SmoknTires
01-10-2014, 11:10 PM
It's in the minutes that Janni posted. The presidents voted and it was a pretty easy decision. They voted yes!

We plan to build a gateway for subscriptions for Viper Quarterly very soon so that it can easily be ordered on this website. We'll make sure it's in place well before the first issue ships!

I think it'll make a lot of people happy.

I Bin Therbefor
01-11-2014, 10:02 AM
It's in the minutes that Janni posted. The presidents voted and it was a pretty easy decision. They voted yes!

We plan to build a gateway for subscriptions for Viper Quarterly very soon so that it can easily be ordered on this website. We'll make sure it's in place well before the first issue ships!

I think it'll make a lot of people happy.

Sure makes this people very happy. :dude3:

steve911
01-11-2014, 03:23 PM
Speaking of the magazine, I have a related question for the Board to chew on.

My wife and I are both members. (We both bought a yearly membership). We obviously don't need two magazines coming to the house. IS there a way to opt out of one of the mags and send the dollars that would have printed the mag to either the regional club or the national club? (my preference is the Regional Club of Course)

BlknBlu
01-11-2014, 03:27 PM
Speaking of the magazine, I have a related question for the Board to chew on.

My wife and I are both members. (We both bought a yearly membership). We obviously don't need two magazines coming to the house. IS there a way to opt out of one of the mags and send the dollars that would have printed the mag to either the regional club or the national club? (my preference is the Regional Club of Course)

Why not try to gift it to someone or donate to your region to start a library.

Bruce

ACRucrazy
01-12-2014, 02:49 PM
A suggestion for the magazine.

I noticed the old magazine used to be "The Quarterly Magazine For Dodge Viper Enthusiasts"
This changed to the "Official Magazine Of The Viper Club Of America"

I was never fond of that, it changed the tone and "ownership" of the magazine. Instead of being FOR Viper enthusiasts, it became the magazine OF a club.

That subtle change speaks volumes IMO.

I Bin Therbefor
01-18-2014, 04:38 PM
Monitoring progress:dude3:

sparkrn
01-18-2014, 04:58 PM
Am I correct that the mag years ago could be bought off the shelf in stores like Barnes an Noble?

I Bin Therbefor
01-24-2014, 08:33 AM
should have some news on this within the next week to share.

Stay tuned.

Bruce

I'm still tuned and it's next week.:dude3:

SmoknTires
01-24-2014, 08:42 AM
Quick answers: Yes the presidents voted to provide the magazine publicly. A gateway is being built that allows subscriptions to be taken via the website. And yes it'll be in place for the first issue.

On the question of offering it on store shelves. You're actually right that many years ago it was offered for a short time on shelves. The reason this feel through is because of the way that works. Stores only pay for the mags they sell. So what happens is that you get back all the ones that don't sell (often in really bad shape). So you will take a big loss when you have a small production magazine. The quality of the mag you'll get also makes it more expensive than a "standard" magazine you see on store shelves, so that would make it work. It's interesting how mags are sold in stores, but not something the club intends on pursuing.

Thanks

BlknBlu
01-24-2014, 09:14 AM
I agree with the in store issue. We are not in a situation where we can potentially lose money, however we can use our website as an online store and sell them.

Bruce

I Bin Therbefor
01-24-2014, 07:21 PM
I agree with the in store issue. We are not in a situation where we can potentially lose money, however we can use our website as an online store and sell them.

Bruce

I don't know the effort it would take, but single copies of all issues (current and back) until the stock runs out is a neat idea. :dude3:

I Bin Therbefor
01-30-2014, 07:48 AM
Did I miss the subscription announcement?:confused:

I Bin Therbefor
02-06-2014, 08:42 PM
Bump

SmoknTires
02-06-2014, 08:54 PM
If you're asking when subscriptions can be placed, the gateway is being built so that folks can order online. Will be done before the first mag is ready to ship.

Fatboy 18
02-07-2014, 02:40 AM
Not knowing the format of the magazine, are you looking for input from regions and members, events listings etc?

Now I know we are a Very new club but I wanted to get an idea on the timing of the magazines? Being as the club was set up in October, and we are talking about a quarterly magazine, did you plan to start the magazines from October? Or January? So 4 issues a year, 1 every 3 months, Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter?

Thanks.

City
02-07-2014, 08:45 AM
Yes, the renewed Viper Quarterly will be delivered quarterly (1 every 3 months). To the best of my knowledge (which is great other than the fact that I forget most everything I'm told) the first Quarterly is due in March. Those with better recall will correct me if I'm wrong.

FYI - The renewed Viper Quarterly will FAR exceed the publications of the past few years.

Fatboy 18
02-07-2014, 10:05 AM
Thanks City, looking forward to it. :)

mauricev10
02-07-2014, 10:20 AM
Not knowing the format of the magazine, are you looking for input from regions and members, events listings etc?

Now I know we are a Very new club but I wanted to get an idea on the timing of the magazines? Being as the club was set up in October, and we are talking about a quarterly magazine, did you plan to start the magazines from October? Or January? So 4 issues a year, 1 every 3 months, Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter?

Thanks.

We are targeting having the first issue out in early April. Technically, the club started on Jan 1st, and we needed a quarter to go by to give time for regions to submit news (not much going on in winter) and calendar of events, and for advertisers to come on board and submit artwork. Then it will be published every 3 months.

Subscriptions will be available, and some over run will be printed so a limited number of back issues will be available, but not a lot. We're not planning on stocking huge amounts of copies.

If you want to see your region represented in the inaugural issue, tell your president to submit your news and calendar of events now! Deadline is Feb 15th.

maurice

City
02-07-2014, 10:24 AM
Me too!

City
02-07-2014, 10:25 AM
We are targeting having the first issue out in early April.
maurice

Of course I knew that! LOL

Fatboy 18
02-07-2014, 12:10 PM
Great News :) I will let our UK Pres. know

Thank you.
Mark
:England:

ViperTony
02-07-2014, 12:13 PM
FYI - The renewed Viper Quarterly will FAR exceed the publications of the past few years.

That's easy enough to do. It simply has to show up in the mailbox to exceed expectations.

City
02-07-2014, 12:52 PM
That's easy enough to do. It simply has to show up in the mailbox to exceed expectations.

Now that was mean (but funny).

ViperTony
02-07-2014, 04:47 PM
Now that was mean (but funny).

I'm sorry. Too soon?

On a lighter note it's refreshing to see the team reach out to regional presidents and members for input into the magazine. I believe we have members with interesting stories or article to share and look forward to reading them over time. Consider making a poster from the front cover of the very first magazine.

daytonprowler
02-07-2014, 04:56 PM
I'm sorry. Too soon?

It might be too soon. You're going to hurt someone's feelings. Uncle Paul is watching. Look at the people listed down below.......

Drummerviper
02-07-2014, 05:10 PM
If Maurice says it, take it to the bank. I will leave it there.

Late Apex
02-07-2014, 06:30 PM
Just got two issues together from the VCA and man have they got thin.

I Bin Therbefor
02-07-2014, 06:34 PM
If Maurice says it, take it to the bank. I will leave it there.

YUP, and double YUP

I Bin Therbefor
03-18-2014, 02:18 PM
Is the individual subscription capability available yet? :p

SmoknTires
03-18-2014, 02:53 PM
It's being finished up now. It'll be in place for the 1st issue. Announcements will be made on the forums. Coming soon! Thanks

MI Viper
03-23-2014, 08:05 AM
It's being finished up now. It'll be in place for the 1st issue. Announcements will be made on the forums. Coming soon! Thanks

that's great news can't wait to get the first magazine