PDA

View Full Version : any members around charleston?

Ninjakris
01-03-2014, 10:07 AM
I know of a few vipers in the Charleston area but I don't know if any of them are members here. I also noticed one of the winners of the drawing was from Mt. Pleasant named Larry Burns. Anyone know him? I'm always looking to meet other viper owners around me. Thanks for any help.

No hemi
01-03-2014, 12:48 PM
Greenville here!!

Brian GTS
01-03-2014, 03:06 PM
I know of a few vipers in the Charleston area but I don't know if any of them are members here. I also noticed one of the winners of the drawing was from Mt. Pleasant named Larry Burns. Anyone know him? I'm always looking to meet other viper owners around me. Thanks for any help.

We have members in Greenville, Mt Pleasant, Greenwood, Anderson, and Gaston. Are any of those close to you?

Ninjakris
01-03-2014, 04:50 PM
Mt. Pleasant is basically a suburb or charleston and where the c&c is held. Not sure about the other cities. We have only lived here for about a year and are still getting our bearing on what's close and what's not. I keep hoping to see other vipers at c&c but so far no luck.

Here are the cars I know of local to me

Yellow rt--10 Owner is in construction or something like that
Black srt-10 vert. Owner works at local dodge dealership
White srt-10 vert. Met the owner a couple times at car shows.
Orange srt-10 coupe. Met owner at car show once
Orange rt-10 with a bunch of crazy body work. Never met him/her
Black srt-10 vert. My old car. Met owner once.

Out of all these cars, most of them are rarely seen. I see more Ferrari and ford gt's if you can believe that.

plumcrazy
01-03-2014, 05:28 PM
ive seen a few FGT in chas. I go there fairly often for work.

PatrickB
01-03-2014, 05:43 PM
Love Charleston, don't get down there enough - only 4 hours away though..

Brian GTS
01-03-2014, 08:27 PM
Mt. Pleasant is basically a suburb or charleston and where the c&c is held. Not sure about the other cities. We have only lived here for about a year and are still getting our bearing on what's close and what's not. I keep hoping to see other vipers at c&c but so far no luck.

Here are the cars I know of local to me

Yellow rt--10 Owner is in construction or something like that
Black srt-10 vert. Owner works at local dodge dealership
White srt-10 vert. Met the owner a couple times at car shows.
Orange srt-10 coupe. Met owner at car show once
Orange rt-10 with a bunch of crazy body work. Never met him/her
Black srt-10 vert. My old car. Met owner once.

Out of all these cars, most of them are rarely seen. I see more Ferrari and ford gt's if you can believe that.

WOW! We'll have to get you some club business cards to hand out! :) Would love to execute an event in your area. Please feel free to reach out if you have any ideas!

No hemi
01-04-2014, 06:41 PM
yes we should do a snakes at charleston event , probably to show up at one of the cars and coffee events and then go to acouple places down there, then driva back home on sunday!!

PatrickB
01-04-2014, 06:46 PM
yes we should do a snakes at charleston event , probably to show up at one of the cars and coffee events and then go to acouple places down there, then driva back home on sunday!!

Great idea!

Ninjakris
01-04-2014, 07:07 PM
Here's an idea once it warms up a little. How about C&C in the morning, then head over to the new indoor go cart place that is opening up next week. http://charlestonrush.com/?page_id=117
I don't know how many of you are into that kind of stuff, but its an idea. Or we can go over to the battleship/aircraft carrier and do a tour. Its pretty awesome if you havn't been. Either way, I would love to get some fellow viper owners down this way.

I will do my best to get up that way for some of the carolina's stuff this year as well. Last year was pretty crazy with just moving here and getting spun up with work stuff. I was really upset that I didn't make the tail of the dragon, biltmore house, or christmas party. I'm usually on call for at least one weekend a month, so its a little tricky for scheduling stuff.

I can also do tours on the C-17 if there are any military buff's out there and want a close up view. Just let me know. One of the perks of my job I suppose.

Brian GTS
01-04-2014, 08:25 PM
Here's an idea once it warms up a little. How about C&C in the morning, then head over to the new indoor go cart place that is opening up next week. http://charlestonrush.com/?page_id=117
I don't know how many of you are into that kind of stuff, but its an idea. Or we can go over to the battleship/aircraft carrier and do a tour. Its pretty awesome if you havn't been. Either way, I would love to get some fellow viper owners down this way.

I will do my best to get up that way for some of the carolina's stuff this year as well. Last year was pretty crazy with just moving here and getting spun up with work stuff. I was really upset that I didn't make the tail of the dragon, biltmore house, or christmas party. I'm usually on call for at least one weekend a month, so its a little tricky for scheduling stuff.

I can also do tours on the C-17 if there are any military buff's out there and want a close up view. Just let me know. One of the perks of my job I suppose.

That sounds great. We're developing the events list now. We have June, July, and September open at the moment. There will be many that travel 3-5 hours so we should plan to make this at least a 2 day event. Members could arrive Friday night, get settled in, and then we can hit C&C in the morning. Perhaps we can tour of the battleship/carrier and maybe squeeze in the go-karts for an hour or so. Definitely open to ideas but this would be a great start. I will be in touch.

PatrickB
01-04-2014, 08:27 PM
I'd like to see the C-17 if possible.. :)

No hemi
01-05-2014, 10:41 PM
Sounds like a plan!!! :-)

mendler23
01-06-2014, 01:15 PM
I love Charleston and will dominate high-speed go karts. :web_driver:

C.J
01-06-2014, 01:44 PM
C-17, aircraft carrier, C&C, carts sound great. We have the USS North Carolina at Wilmington, but a carrier would be awesome.

PatrickB
01-06-2014, 03:06 PM
Patriots Point is really cool, been a few years since I was there - time to go back.

Vipers invade Charleston - sounds awesome!

(also, I tend to "not follow the rules" when go-karting, so all have been warned)

mendler23
01-06-2014, 03:07 PM
There are rules????!

PatrickB
01-06-2014, 03:13 PM
There are rules????!

Apparently..at least that's what I was told last time I was removed from a go-kart track.. :D

No hemi
01-07-2014, 09:51 PM
Lol!!!!!!

C.J
01-08-2014, 03:57 PM
For no rules, try driving in India. My friends over there have a saying: "If you don't break the rules, then the rules will break you."

boplaw
02-03-2014, 07:34 AM

Yes, I know Larry. He tracks his Gen 4 with us at Roebling. He and his wife are super nice folks.