PDA

View Full Version : Who bought the Viper I was looking at?

Coloviper
06-07-2016, 02:28 PM
Was the 14' GTS-R Blue SRT from Siamaks in Oregon. Anyone on here buy it today? Well that severely put the cold water on my GEN V fever I had as that one was optioned the way I would have optioned it back in 2014. Nothing but bland black, white, yellow and (non-stryker) red ones out there left. I realize there is a Stryker for sale in classifieds but unfortunately over what I can spend presently. Zero desire to own any of those bland colors, no offense to those with those colors. Damn, should have got off my ass I guess. Longer I keep waiting, the itch is slowly going away, I guess.

mnc2886
06-07-2016, 03:57 PM
I know this mantra can be damning, but.....you only live once. Don't hesitate too much. It's not good for your soul.

LifeIsGood
06-07-2016, 04:17 PM
So yellow is bland...not the way I see it. The next time you're driving around the 470 just take a wide view of the traffic...black, white, blue, grey...everywhere. Very few yellow.

hmerrittiii
06-07-2016, 04:19 PM
Old saying in the car business. " The car you looked at today someone else looked at yesterday."

Was the 14' GTS-R Blue SRT from Siamaks in Oregon. Anyone on here buy it today? Well that severely put the cold water on my GEN V fever I had as that one was optioned the way I would have optioned it back in 2014. Nothing but bland black, white, yellow and (non-stryker) red ones out there left. I realize there is a Stryker for sale in classifieds but unfortunately over what I can spend presently. Zero desire to own any of those bland colors, no offense to those with those colors. Damn, should have got off my ass I guess. Longer I keep waiting, the itch is slowly going away, I guess.

XSnake
06-07-2016, 05:59 PM

How long did you plan on looking at it over your computer screen for?

Special Ed
06-07-2016, 06:16 PM
When I saw a Comp Blue TA2.0 on the internet for sale I called within two minutes of seeing it. Had a purchase agreement after a twenty minute conversation and picked it up 1700 miles away one week later.
He who hesitates is lost.

SA Heat
06-07-2016, 06:41 PM
I doubt whoever bought it is here, but the rest of us are available to make you feel better about your lack of decision making skills.

Coloviper
06-07-2016, 06:44 PM
Tracked it through 2 different dealers and an auction the past 1 year but was finally committed to move forth to add that Gen V last month. Issue was freeing up funds from current car collection and removing emotional attachment for car it was replacing. Have been negotiating sale finalization of my BASF Mystic with a collector to be completed I hoped by end of the month. Just didn't want to lower that car too much to do this considering the rareness of that particular car.

In the end, it must be a sign to keep it. GEN V will have to wait for excess funds.

Someone got a unique and rare 14' SRT as it was an SRT with all the options.

ViperPete
06-07-2016, 07:26 PM
I bought my car from crappy cell phone pics...and a lot of trust.

I agree that black/gray/white can be bland on some cars.... but none on a Viper. Every Viper is a work of art.

Mine especially ;)

drewsss
06-07-2016, 10:35 PM
So yellow is bland...not the way I see it. The next time you're driving around the 470 just take a wide view of the traffic...black, white, blue, grey...everywhere. Very few yellow.

:t1236:

Viktimize
06-08-2016, 12:25 AM
Hard to expect something you window shopped for over a year to still be available when the stars finally line up and you're ready to purchase. Sounds like you weren't quite ready to purchase though anyway. Could've been another year window shopping by the time the "emotional attachment" was subsided enough to list the Gen1 for sale.

Fortunately there will always be GenV's for sale on classified sites.

Coloviper
06-08-2016, 07:41 AM
Thanks guys, I know it is my fault. Will just have to see how the future pans out.

ACRucrazy
06-08-2016, 07:48 AM
I wanted my SSG when it was new. I didn't like the way the dealer handled some of the transaction, got upset and walked.

A year later I bought a low mile 08 locally. That November the SSG was still available. I called the dealer again to offer trade for my 2008, he said he took a deposit the same day. I couldn't believe it. It sat new for 3 years and sold for day I called back..

Less than 6 months later on a late Sunday night on the Google machine I found pics of it. Turns out the owner traded it in after 350 miles or so to another Dodge dealer.. It was too hardcore. I decided to call the dealer in the morning, worked out a deal and drove 2 states over the next day to trade mine in.

I learned not to wait on something I want, but every once in a while a second chance comes around..

BlknBlu
06-08-2016, 08:03 AM
I started with an 08 coupe Black and Blue and the day the same color ACR showed up at the dealer, I bought it and was not even looking to upgrade.

Bruce

Coloviper
06-08-2016, 08:32 AM
I do understand the game. I tracked the BASF Mystic S351R Saleen Speedster for 7 years before I bought it. Owner finally was willing to part with it and gave me 24 hours to show up with the money for a once in a lifetime deal and opportunity. I pulled the trigger on that immediately. Letting go of that car for a Gen V has been very hard. I have owned it for 15 years now and it continues to appreciate but I don't drive it much anymore.

Torquemonster06
06-08-2016, 05:40 PM
I live right up the street from Siamaks. I saw it on one of the car internet sites and I wasn't very impressed for the amount of $ they wanted for it. A couple of buddies of mine went and looked at it and although the color is beautiful they said it wasn't up to my standards at all. LOL. I'm a lil OCD when it comes to my stuff. Anyways I didn't personally go and look at it but I did see it sitting there and once in awhile would see people there taking pictures with their friends standing by it. LOL. My question for you is, what options were on there that were special. I thought it was, pardon my term "plain Jane". It wasn't a GTS if my memory serves me right. Don't get me wrong, I bleed viper blood. LOL and love them all. I too had been in the market for a Gen V while it was there. I will see if I can find out any info from them and also keep my eye out locally. your thinking is somewhat like mine in that "It must have been a sign". Keep your eye out, and don't get discouraged. The "Right" car is out there waiting for you. Good luck on your quest.

Coloviper
06-08-2016, 11:04 PM
All factory options including carbon fiber options inside and out, 18 speaker stereo, sabelt seat upgrades, factory silver SRT stripes, upgraded performance tires, upgraded track pack rotors, car cover, etc. Originally came with sidewinder II Hypers but had 5 spoke rattlers on it for some reason. It basically was the base SRT model but had every option on it (except TA aero) but upgraded GTSR paint. I can't verify shape as I never seen it in person but was exactly how I wanted to option it back in 14' when I wanted a new one.

No worries, will move on to another dream for a Gen V in the future. Wasn't meant to be.